RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols Empty
PostSubject: Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols   Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:55 pm

Kooplah wrote:
On that note, each of those pistols serve the same function of being semi-automatic pistols. I don't understand why anyone would create such a weapon when it offers no benefit from multiple forms.

If I may,
The Beretta 92FS inox is 9mm
While the Walther P99 is a 9mm, it can fire a larger .40 S&W.
The Desert Eagle is much larger. It's a .50 caliber round and very powerful.

I don't defend the fact that they are our world's weapons but they are indeed different.
My own feelings toward it go this way:
The use of the Beretta in this weapon is pointless. Since the Walther can fire a 9mm, all the character would need is two different sets of clips for it instead of two different sets of clips for two different weapons. It's a waste.
The Desert Eagle .50 is, however, useful. A weapon of that caliber is painful to fire and most don't like to fire more than twice at a time. The only reason someone buys them in today's society is for home defense and just to be able to say 'I own a Desert Eagle.' But for smaller enemies, like humans, you would want the 9mm, for normal Creatures of Grimm you would want the .40, and for larger/armored enemies you would want the .50. While someone could be strong enough to fire it continuously, it could do a lot of damage to your wrist as time goes on.
I wouldn't scrap the idea completely but would heavily tweak it. Since I myself was thinking of using a .500 magnum pistol for a character's weapon, I already came up with something to counter it.
You would have to sacrifice your semblance idea or make it so you use aura every time you fire the weapon but you could use that to muffle the recoil for the .50 and still use that as your weapon still. That way you can still fight normally and it'll still be difficult to fight the larger enemies so it's balanced.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols   Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Actually, just read someone's character named 'Ben Dover.' (Dat name...)
If he can have a real life AK assault rifle that changes into a GPS/MP3 player, you should be able to have this weapon you came up with.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols   Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:53 pm

Posting about other players profiles typically isn't allowed. Also, Ben Dover is no longer a valid character, and was approved before we had such rules. That player has since left and cannot use the character should he return.

The profile still needs to be edited regardless of the weapons, and the player is free to argue points as you have.

Thread locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols   Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tsuzuri Umeko Pistols
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: