RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gersemi Gossamer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyingToaster

FlyingToaster

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Character

Name: Gersemi Gossamer

Symbol:
Spoiler:

Appearance: Gersemi has dull, feathery gray hair that is formed into shaggy spikes. part of her bangs covers her left eye, as she has poorer vision in it due to abuse long ago. She has a fair complexion, though her hair makes her skin seem kind of gray. Her eyes are both stormy gray. She is very tall and graceful, despite her somewhat awkward appearance. She wears a simple blue green short sleeve shirt with cut off sleeves underneath a light gray hunting vest. She wears bronze arm guards on her forearms and gray fingerless gloves. She is wearing white shorts with a leather brown belted skirt with her symbol on it and a loose black belt. She wears dark gray knee pads to absorb impact and lace up black and white boots.  
Spoiler:

Personality: She is often mistaken as a pessimist when someone meets her and somewhat dull. Due to her being surrounded by such a ‘perfect family’ while she is the ‘ugly duckling,’ she was often told that was she says is meaningless,  so she usually reacts in a way that is expected of her from her family. In reality, she is intelligent and calm, and very observent. She does well to keep her distance from others, which is why she prefers to fight from afar with her arrows unless it is impossible to avoid confrontation. Despite this stand offish behavior, she can be kind to others despite what they do to her, and will go so far as even to save her enemy if she feels so inclined to. This does not mean that she is naiive. She is no pushover, and has made great leaps in growing out of that. She can also be incredibly stubborn, especially in the battle field. She won’t stop at nothing until she wins, or until she can admit utter defeat.  Her only wish would be to be accepted for who she was, not for who she was not.

History: Gersemi is the adopted child of a family known as the Goldfeathers after she became separated from her real family. Considered ugly because of her gray hair and awkward looks since she was a child, she was ostracized by her family and by her community. The only joy she could get from being with her adoptive family was the combative lessons that they provided her. Seeing as none of the Goldfeather children wanted to fight, and Gersemi was technically the eldest, she was given fighting lessons in archery and knife wielding. The only way that she could ever be considered a part of her adoptive family would be for Gersemi to become a famous Huntress so that they could finally accept their ugly child as a real member of the family, despite their cruel treatment in the past. This may be simple thinking from her, even though in reality she does everything she could to try to fight back and be her own person in this crazy world. On her fifteenth birthday, Gersemi was given her weapon Grace and Beauty from a stranger who claimed that it was her birth mother’s weapon before she had been seperated. Though she had begged to taken away to this family, she was refused, being told that she must become strong enough to do so on her own. She now finally awaits her destiny at Beacon Academy to become a Huntress.

Strength: Gersemi fights primarily with Grace and Beauty in it’s bow and arrow form, but can be almost as proficient with it in it’s twin knives form with some difficulty. She is fast and light on her feet depiste her tall form. Her quick thinking and skill helps her in any sticky situation. She’s also fairly tough, so she could withstand some minor hits without a second thought. She has great improvisation skills. She would give it all she has and won’t quit until she wins.

Weakness: She can fight with her twin knives form, but it is a little more difficult for her, as she prefers to fight long range versus hand to hand combat. She can sometimes be too stubborn to quit. This could lead to her overlooking some important details that could otherwise help her in a fight. She also has a mild case of vertigo, or fear of heights. Her judgement can also be clouded if she gets a little too serious in a fight. She can focus too much on the battle in front of her that she may sometimes forget her comrades or the task at hand and just head straight into the fight, forgetting everything and anything around her. She may go so far as to almost kill someone who is an ally if she is not too careful, so she tends to try and avoid hand to hand as much as possible

WEAPON

Name: Grace and Beauty

Primary Form: Grace and Beauty’s main form is a bow and an arrow kit. Beauty and grace are a pair of connecting blades forming the bow form connected by a thin yet sturdy cable, flexible enough to launch several arrows. The bag containing the arrows has a variety of arrows that contain different Dust functions, such as fire, ice, and energy. Each arrow has a small capsule, which Gersemi made herself to insert the powder or crystals within, and then aimed at the enemy for a nice little surprise.
Spoiler:

Secondary Form/Function: Grace and Beauty can be split in half, When taken apart, the blade look a little like wings. They are still connected to the string cable that will allow Gersemi to with swing one on of them about freely, whether in attack or to help reach up to high places.

Added information: Gersemi's able to switch quickly from these two forms. The cable will detract when the two blades are detached, extending it's original length to a two yard maximum. She will be able to extend and retract the knives based on an inner pulley system near the bases inside the knives. When she reconnects them, the cable will retract quickly back into it's former position, much like a measuring tape so it could be functional as a bow quickly once again.
Spoiler:

History: Grace and Beauty were given to Gersemi by a stranger on her fifteenth birthday. The stranger said that it had belonged to her real family, her real mother, before Gersemi had been separated. It had been forged by her birth mother when she had attended Signal Academy when she was around Gersemi’s age, and had used it in combat many times. Now, it has been passed down to Gersemi in order for her to be able to return to her true home.

Last edited by FlyingToaster on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Alright, I got two things. First, Under strengths you comment that Gersemi can be skilled with both forms of her weapon, then state she isn't as skilled with the dagger form. These should be reworded/changed to increase clarity.

Second, could you elaborate on her clouded judgement weakness? Maybe just describe how and/or when that can happen?
Back to top Go down
FlyingToaster

FlyingToaster

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Ah, okay. Yeah, I forget how my wording can be really weird sometimes. I can fix that.

And the second I can can do as well.

Er, and the signature is a request as well...? I'm a little confused... XP I don't know if that is your signature or if it is an suggestion... Question 
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

That's my signature! Sorry, haha. I'll modify that to remove confusion.
Back to top Go down
FlyingToaster

FlyingToaster

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 6:01 pm

Ha ha, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. XD Well, I did the edits, and I hope that's helped. I hope.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 6:03 pm

Approved! Don't forget to post in the Beacon Initiation thread if you can participate! The link is at the top of the webpage!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gersemi Gossamer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gersemi Gossamer   Gersemi Gossamer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gersemi Gossamer
Page 1 of 1