RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fionn Macgorm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:25 am

CHARACTER

Name: Fionn Macgorm

Occupation: First year student at beacon, part time bounty hunter and merc.

Eyes: Light Blue

Hair: Dark Hazel

Skin Color: Light Olive

Height: 6.2

Build: Slightly muscular

Attractiveness: An eight out of ten

Wears: A peacoat like
this:
With a white dress-shirt underneath it, also wears fingerless gloves on both hands with a blue glove under the one on his left hand, on his legs he wears dark blue jeans with blue and black shoes

History: His dad abandoned him and his mom when he was 12
When Fionn was young he also enjoyed working on stupid projects and inventions that just blew up.  
He took out a lot of anger on his mother and never treated her with respect, always choosing to run off and do his own thing. One day after coming home from his usual hangout he found his mother on the floor with her throat slit and all of there belongings stolen.  
With no where to go and no one to talk to or aid him he had but one choice and that choice was to adapt to the streets he lived on, he started out simply selling stolen goods or little things he could spare, but eventually it was no longer enough and he had to move on to the to something less legal; by the age of thirteen and a half he was selling hardcore drugs on the street and continuing to live in run down houses.  
He used his drug money to buy his way into Signal where he began studies at 15, to learn to become a hunter as it had been something he wanted before the death of his mother. He spent the next two years in study until he graduated to beacon.
Personality: He can be a bit of a show off at times but not in a rude way, hes actually quite nice, but a bit akward and lazy, but when hes truly needed he will help at all costs, he is prideful but not too much

Likes: Cooking, fighting, long walks on the beach, Imagining himself as a total badass, Fantasizing about all the training he will do the next day that he wont ever do, Reading, Socializing with his teammates, Doing random things for extra money too spend on stupid things/

Dislikes: Lying, Not getting anytime to himself, realizing he really does need to train, realizing he isnt that big a badass, when he talks to the girl on his team and there hitting it off and then he something goes wrong and he feels like a jerk

Strength: He is VERY strong, and very intelligent (Even more so when sober), can tank damage, and can keep a cool head under fire, anything infront of his blade can become two seperate things pretty fast

Weakness: He is lazy, very lazy, and his hand to hand fighting is mediocre at best, he is also slower then most other hunters and huntresses, his drunkeness screws him over commonly, and he also has a bit of a superiority complex

Semblance: Has a blue aura and a semblence that allows him to harden materials and objects, an example is being able to keep his blade intact with the semblence, and turning his jacket into what is essentially weak armor  
He is also capable of making things like bridges stronger and as such more safe, any of this affect is lost when he is not using the semblence how ever

WEAPON

Name: Oberursel

Primary Form:
What it looks like:
Oberursel is the result of him being a given a week to make a weapon, subpar  
The blade is blunt and prone to chipping, and the electronics are bafflingly bad, the only thing holding it together is the fact that its too lazy to fall apart,
The handguard and handle are made of oak with a metal skeleton, the handle is covered in hockey tape for grip
The blade also has (Bad) electronics that allow him to electrify the blade,
due to how bad the electronics are when it overheats after a few seconds it discharges energy, though Fionn has learned to take advantage of this through swinging his sword in just the right way to propel the energy

History: It was made be him at signal out of stuff he had laying around his dorm

Name: Roulette

Primary Form:
What it looks like:
Roulette is an overly large (Think hand cannon size) pistol chamber in fifty caliber that Fionn is exceptionally good with, can only be used in threads past week four

History: It was given to him by a friend during a mission that took place in week four

Last edited by snaketicus on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 1:30 pm

I'd like to see more detail on your semblance. Also, I feel like your weapon will need to be played up A LOT. If its really made out of things like plywood, it won't last 10 seconds against another player in a duel or fight, and probably not long against a Grimm either. I'd consider changing it, but I also like large weaknesses.
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Kooplah wrote:
I'd like to see more detail on your semblance. Also, I feel like your weapon will need to be played up A LOT. If its really made out of things like plywood, it won't last 10 seconds against another player in a duel or fight, and probably not long against a Grimm either. I'd consider changing it, but I also like large weaknesses.

Well then i can cover both bases here  
Part of his semblance is things like, he screwed up the electronics on Oberursel so bad they ended up better then before (Being able to throw energy beams) and have a sword that should break in one or two hits last his entire career
His semblance can make things that should go well for him go badly, and have things that should go badly for him go well.
Like say he was falling off a cliff, he could use his semblance and a part of the mountain would crumble in just the right way to hit him as he falls pushing him onto a ledge so he could avoid falling
Or if he was planning on sneaking around he could use it to make it so guards would have just happened to all patrol a different area,
Now this may sound OP but remember, using it in combat is pretty much useless since he would pretty much have to know EXACTLY what his enemy is going to do before he uses it for it have any effect due to luck not really affecting whether or not a sword hits you, so he can't just see an arrow coming at him and go LUCK
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:57 am

Alright, so based on what you've said, I'm willing to let your semblance go generally as it is. It can't be used in combat to avoid attacks, so we'll see how it goes. However, no amount of luck would protect an object from being destroyed when it is crafted from such flimsy parts. If you want to retain the idea, pick something at least mildly stronger than a piece of wood that I can snap with my hands.

Also, please edit your post to include the additional details of your semblance, and changes to your weapon.
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:03 am

Kooplah wrote:
Alright, so based on what you've said, I'm willing to let your semblance go generally as it is. It can't be used in combat to avoid attacks, so we'll see how it goes. However, no amount of luck would protect an object from being destroyed when it is crafted from such flimsy parts. If you want to retain the idea, pick something at least mildly stronger than a piece of wood that I can snap with my hands.

Also, please edit your post to include the additional details of your semblance, and changes to your weapon.
Hey dude i edited it and added what you said, and made the sword better
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:07 am

Approved +1 of 2 then.

You need a second moderator to approve this character before you can play him.
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 am

Kooplah wrote:
Approved +1 of 2 then.

You need a second moderator to approve this character before you can play him.

Hey thanks man, before you log off or whatever, can you tell me of anything i should change?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 am

I don't have anything you need to change, hence why I approved it. Smile

However, as a super minor thing, rewriting your semblance changes would make your profile a little shinier.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Approved 2/2.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:27 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:06 am

Please rewrite your semblance. Luck as a semblance isn't available anymore, and your profile needs to reflect that. You can still retain the "luck" in the form of your poorly made weapon doesn't break by way of a physical barrier protecting it, or energy turning your blade to an angle where it won't break. Something like that.
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Edited
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Make sure you have a limit on what your character is capable of doing. He can't do things like harden the planet. And hardening a bridge or a building should be extremely taxing, to the point of exhaustion.

Otherwise, approved.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Made his history better
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Added new weapon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fionn Macgorm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fionn Macgorm   Fionn Macgorm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fionn Macgorm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Creation :: Approvals :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: