RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Library [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TJ

TJ

Beacon Library [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:43 am

Seeing Amaya blush made Mihail think he might of stuck a bit of a chord as she went back to her blushing at the ground. 'At least I didn't make her leave like all those other guys...'

Kai's attitude took a sudden turn on Mihail for his joke. 'Am I suppose to be intimidated?' he almost smiled at the attempt, but kept it under wraps as Amaya turned a little cold on Kai. Sighed, he actually chimed in on his defense. "It's okay Amaya, when you make a joke you have to be ready for some lash-back." He slouched back into his chair now that Kai had moved back some.

Letting Amaya answer Kai's next question first, he followed her up. "I'm Mihail Platon. I'm from the western side of Vale. Or I was at least." Glancing away from Kai, he could see Amaya still gushing over her rifle, practically treating it like a newborn. "So, how about those other attachments you mentioned before?
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Skylar opened to door to the library, shutting it quietly behind her, Hmm, now where would I find a book on that place... She thought, walking over to the History section of the library. She scanned the shelves, looking for a book that might have something to do with the city she would soon be visiting. I hope they have...Oh! There's something. She thought as she pulled out a book from the ranks of paper that sat before her. She wiped some dust off the cover, which read Athania: a Brief History of the Submerged City. Awesome. She thought as she brought the book over to where she could read in quiet. She made her way over to some chairs and was surprised to see a group of a few students marveling over one of their weapons, a damn big rifle. She was intrigued, but she had to get some reading done instead. She sat near the group and cracked open the short book, Hopefully they at least keep it down a bit. She thought as she started reading.
Back to top Go down
Kai Kurokawa

Kai Kurokawa

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

While Amaya had taken on a icy tone to him, Kai still sat there, taking it with a bit of a grimace. Really, it had been Mihail that started it. Sure, Kai had no interest in him, but at least he didn't make remarks about the fact he had fallen over in his sleep, or about other things. Anyway, he simply sat there, listening as Mihail answered his question once Amaya was done scolding him.

"So, you're both from Vale, I see. Well, good to meet you, Mihail, Amaya. And...I apologize..." Kai was more acknowledging of Mihail now, but was also a but sour about being scolded, considering he was vouching for him with Amaya. Perhaps he was worth talking to, considering he was giving Kai a bit of a chance at redeeming himself. For now Kai would keep silent and listen to Amaya, as Mihail had asked about the rifle, and that was a topic Kai wanted to learn more about.

Though, as he sat there, he heard a footstep, and looked over to find a girl, just sitting there, reading a book. She didn't seem interested in the three, and that was perfectly fine, as Kai had a sneaking suspicion that Amaya had originally left because of how many people there were. But now they were secluded in the library, away from the others and it should stay that way as they were pretty deep inside.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:10 pm

"Yeah... well..." Amaya started to say, but trailed off when another girl had shown up. At first she had been expecting her to approach the once again growing group and add even more unnecessary social pressure onto her. Thankfully, the girl seemed to be minding her own business as she read a book.

'I wish I could be doing that right now...' She lamented, slightly jealous of the girl as no one came to immediately disturb her peace. Clearly her own peace and quiet had been too much to ask for though, so she was stuck here for the moment or at least until she decided to walk off and find some place even more isolated.

Then again, that had been her intention entering the library like this and it was quite apparent how that had turned out for her. She couldn't stop herself from sighing slightly at the thought.

"Oh, right... The attachments." She suddenly remembered, as if she had forgotten entirely about them for a few moments. She held the barrel of her rifle with her left hand while she used her right hand to unsling the backpack she had been carrying with her.

Amaya moved from her chair to her knees on the floor as she set her rifle down in front of her with the backpack off to her side. She closed her eyes for a few moments, trying to pretend that there weren't far too many people surrounding her. Her eyes remained closed as she reached into the backpack and withdrew several parts one by one. There was a shorter and more narrow barrel, a new bolt, a new receiver, and a new stock among other smaller more mechanical pieces.

What came next was a blur of dexterity and precision as she broke the anti material rifle down in front of her into its key components and then reassembled it using the conversion parts she had pulled from her backpack. All in all it took about 20 seconds, but that was remarkably shorter than anyone else would have been capable of fumbling along with a typical rifle.

When all was said and done she opened her eyes and exhaled softly as she realized that her breathing had slowed down considerably to an almost meditative state.

"Well..." She said awkwardly, shouldering the now converted 7.62 assault rifle with her trademark nervous laugh. "I guess you could call this the travel form... After all, hauling an anti material rifle in the field is kind of difficult..."

Her gaze was, as it always was, focused between the ground and her rifle. She liked to talk about her rifle, sure. But she never tended to show it off or anything like that. And as much as she wished that doing so would make the questions stop and everyone just go away, she knew that all it would do was raise more questions from them.

'I can't win...' She thought in defeat.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Skylar lifted her eyes from the book in time to see the girl with the rifle looking over at her enviously. She listened to the conversation for a moment, and it was painfully obvious to her that the girl wanted more than anything to get out of her current situation, Hmm, I wonder if I could help her... A little smirk came to her face as she thought of a way to perhaps get the two guys to leave the poor soul alone. She returned her eyes to her book, continuing to read about the city, Then again, I really should read up. She thought, deciding on that instead, Maybe if it gets bad I'll speak up, but she probably needs to get out more anyway. A little picture popped into her head and she giggled out loud, picturing the awkward girl at a party, simply cowering in a corner. That's kind of a random thought. She realized, looking up again from her book to see if anyone had heard the little laugh escape her mouth.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 pm

"Yea, yea. Don't worry about it. It's not that big of a deal." He wasn't expecting the sudden apology, after all Mihail was the one that irked him a little. Noticing Kai look off to the side, Mihail's eyes followed after him to see that a fourth person had seemingly joined them. Only she didn't seem to interested in the group as she dug into a book.

His attention was quickly brought back as Amaya pulled out her rather bulky backpack. As she pulled out several parts, Mihail began to wonder what in the world he was about to see as he leaned in for a closer look.

Mihail's jaw almost dropped as she started to quickly disassemble her gun. And just as quickly as she had taken it apart, she had swapped out all the pieces she dragged out just as fast. Not only that, Mihail noticed her eyes were closed the entire time. Mihail couldn't seem to find any words as she shouldered the rifle and laughed weakly.

"You're messing with us, right? You really just took that thing apart and put it back together in what, half a minute? Less?" Mihail just slouched back in his chair, feeling completely flabbergasted.

"I mean, that's got to be some kind of record, right? It'd be a shame if it isn't." Taking a second to collect his thoughts, he finally thought of something to say as he noticed Kai's weapon. "Well, how about you? The lady's shown us what she's got, it'd be rude not to return the favor."
Back to top Go down
Kai Kurokawa

Kai Kurokawa

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm

A highly interested expression crossed Kai's face as Amaya brought her backpack down in front of her, kneeling down with her rifle. That weapon was a lot different from his own. While his did have multiple forms, it shifted of its own accord, and had all of its changing parts held internally, so seeing the girl take part after part out of her backpack and exchange them with parts on the rifle, moving with a inhuman-like speed and dexterity. Though in his mind he felt impressed he kept the same interested look on his face, yet he couldn't figure out what made this girl so fast. No normal human could move with that accuracy at those speeds, even with practice...

"Nineteen point six seconds, give or take a tenth of a second." he said in response to Mihail's comment. "I have a head for math." he would say if he got any weird looks from the others. "Anyway...that's an impressive change time, I don't think I know anyone who could do a manual form switch that quickly." He wouldn't bring up the question he wanted to ask yet, not until he had a better read on Amaya.

Kai looked over at Mihail for a moment when he addressed Kai. He was still getting used to the guy, but he did have a point. Kai stood up, nodding, "Alright then, fair point." From the cylinder where he had just been sitting, the tip of a handle shot out, telescoping up for him to grab. One could see the three colors of dust crystals that were locked in the pommel, but that didn't matter right now. Grabbing the handle, Kai nimbly spun his weapon and as he did, the cylinder expanded, unfolding into its full size. A clean ratcheting noise came from the hammer as the mechanism slid into place."This is Dustbreaker, my Cannonhammer, or at least, this is the hammer form of it, and this," he pressed a switch on the handle, which initiated a cannon barrel to emerge from the top of the hammerhead, and a blast shield to expand outward around the barrel, "is its cannon form."

He set one side of the blast shield on the ground, using it to brace the weapon as he stood with it. "Built it last year after studying with a weaponsmith." It was his pride, and hoped that the others saw the sheer power that was held in such a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Amaya locked eyes with the quiet newcomer for only a moment before averting her gaze, feeling slightly embarrassed she had been caught looking so enviously. The small giggle that came from the girl had certainly not gone unnoticed, and made the snake's face burn a little, 'I'm glad my situation is so amusing...' She thought rather sullenly.

She turned a slightly brighter shade of red when Kai had told her just how fast she was, and hearing Mihail's slightly more animated reaction. "Like I said... I spend most of my free time with my rifle, so I just got really good with it..." She realized the explanation was kind of sad, she was only good with her rifle because she wasn't really good at anything else, socializing included.

"As it is, I'm working on developing a system to automate it and house all the parts internally, but it's a lot more complex than I had anticipated." Which was true, in her backpack was a sketchbook full of blueprints and schematics for various automated systems and internal housing for the parts. All she needed was a bit more time and access to a way to manufacture what she needed.

She observed Kai's weapon with a certain degree of interest. She certainly had an appreciation for anything that was exceedingly high caliber, as made obvious by her own weapon. Normally she could tell by the size of the barrel what kind of shell it was capable of firing, but this particular weapon stumped her. Amaya would certainly have to figure that out at some point.

"Well, it's certainly an impressive weapon." She admitted sheepishly, feeling like the caliber of her own rifle had been severely outclassed. It had been an involuntary reaction of course, simply an instinct after working with her rifle for as long as she had. Her instructor had told her that it was a completely natural reaction to develop, and it turned out he had been right about that.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 am

Mihail couldn't help but notice Amaya's bright blushing.  He couldn't help but chuckle slightly a little at her reaction. "I sorry, it's just not something you see all that often anymore. Most punks like me couldn't pull that off in our dreams." With that he brought his attention back to Kai as he pull out his large weapon.

He raised an eyebrow as the weapon grew in size, showing off his 'hammercannon'. "Just don't point it at me, alright?" As Kai leaned back, Mihail stood up with his weapon. "Guess it's my turn."

Kneeling down, he laid his own weapon down. "This is Minotaur, the raging bull. It may not be the biggest here, but when you're firing a 7.56 in 50 shot rounds, not much is left standing after words." Standing up with the weapon, he looked down his sights before twisting the grip and having the weapon split. "And any grimm left standing meets the other end." As the head of the axe spun around into position and the shield stretched out.

Reverting Minotaur back to its easier to carry gun form, Mihail sat back in his chair while telling a bit about its history. "Unlike you two, I didn't have the pleasure of making the weapon myself. Minotaur was the brain child of my father, and he wouldn't let me close to it." sighing, he looked up at the ceiling, remember a few things about how particular his father was about his inventions.

Realizing the awkward pause he had made, he brought his attention back to the group. "Sorry about that, my mind wonders off sometimes."

Last edited by TJ on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted something in the wrong color)
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Matt's eyes shifted a bit, uneasy as a tailed Faunus made small talk with him. He'd nervously laugh as he wasn't quite paying attention, feeling his legs tremble a bit as he tensed up. "A-Aha... That's great... I-uh... Ineedtogo. Uhh... bye." The human would fold his paperwork he had to fill out beneath his arm as he gave an awkward bow- Faunus bowed, right? -to the other before turning tail and wandering very quickly into the depths of Beacon library. Giving a quick scan of his peripheral vision, he'd make sure the stranger at least wasn't following before ducking in between a row of books.

A sigh of relief would come from him, his breath shaky as he recollected his thoughts a moment. 'It was just small talk... They didn't know you're afraid... They didn't follow you...' He'd close his eyes, leaning into the bookcase a moment before bumping his head into the books as fear subsided a little bit. He'd pull the thick file labeled 'Beacon Academy - Matthew Rigel' from beneath his arm, opening his eyes to trace the ceiling tiles a moment as he took a slow breath in... then out. The feeling of his heart beat slowing from 9000 miles a minute was calming, a cool feeling returning to him.

He'd look back down at the paperwork, casually taking a few steps down the aisle of books as he read over the various waivers and legal jumbo-- who was he kidding, half this stuff didn't even make sense to him! His mouth would thin as he peeked through his hair ahead of him, reflecting briefly as he made peace to himself with an internal apology to the Faunus in line. Thumbing through the paperwork slowly, Matt would come to an internal apology and a mental note; he really should at least work on letting go this time now that he'd be at Beacon for four years...

"Unlike you two, I didn't have the pleasure of making the weapon myself."

Matt would snap out of his funk a moment, his wandering leading him to a nearby conversation. Making weapons... Signal! A smile would come to his face as he'd slowly close the file folder; signatures could wait after the sudden epiphany. The male voice that rang nearby had him peeking around as he wandered toward the tables by the window, spotting the lone girl reading a book, and the three people near her around a table. The two males had been standing, the white haired one with a very impressive looking hammer resting on the ground. The second male caught Matt's attention as he spoke again, his weapon in mid-shift down to what looked like a machine gun. Sitting at the table, a blushing pink-haired female behind an impressive rifle. Glancing at the woman with a book a moment, he smiled in relief: humans.

While the dark haired man reeled himself back, Matt approached the four. "Excuse me..." His voice was appropriately loud enough to not disturb the reader, but to get the groups attention as he smiled, shifting the tucked folder to the table nearby. "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but I think I caught the tail end of your conversation... I'm Matt. Matthew Rigel." He'd wave, grinning a little as he continued, "I uh... I'm a first-year here. Was just wondering if any of you had attended Signal? You're weapons look pretty impressive." The male human would attempt to break the ice a bit around strangers, leaving it an open air question as his intentions seemed friendly from his cheery demeanor as his green eyes went to Mihail, Amaya, Kai, and Skylar. Unaware who was speaking, or who was apart of the current conversation, he'd shift a moment, the sound of metal brushing against the leg of his seat from his weapons as he kept the four of them in view.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:17 pm

Skylar flipped through the book she was reading, reading an important sentence every so often, but making it to the end fairly quickly. In the back of the book, there was a map of the city, which she decided was an invaluable tool to have. She grabbed her scroll and took a picture of the map before closing the book, Awesome, that should be all I need. She thought, standing up from her seat. She walked back over to where she found the book and replaced it, then decided to go back to the little group and have some fun. She returned to see a newcomer, a boy who at first seemed a bit off, but otherwise normal, Hehe... She thought before saying, "Now tell me, why do you all feel the need to make such outlandish weapons?" She asked the group, moving her hand to rest on her hip. She smirked, looking over the massive weapons that the students in front of her had, Just unnecessary... She thought.
Back to top Go down
Kai Kurokawa

Kai Kurokawa

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 am

Kai grinned widely at Amaya's compliment, Dustbreaker was his greatest creation, and he was glad when people acknowledged the great design of it. It was a weapon that worked well with his ability set, and made him a powerful piece of artillery in any team composition. Overall, it made him...him. "Well thank you Amaya, I like to think so as well. But, I can't aim it as well as you or Mihail can. " As he said this, Mihail brought out his own weapon, a battleaxe, assault rifle combination, which, from the look of it, packed a good amount of power for its size. "I wouldn't point this at anything I didn't mean to kill, so you're safe. And you know, that's now a bad weapon you've got there. Just because it's old, doesn't mean it doesn't have it strengths."

However, as he was about to say more, another person came out from among the shelves, another male, and once again, Kai felt his instinctual coldness arise at this new person. He was open to Mihail and Amaya now, and maybe the book girl, but certainly not this guy.

The man approached the group, and Kai kept a sidelong gaze focused on him all the while, and when the question was popped, asking if they were from Beacon, Kai was the first to answer. "No. Unlike some people, I didn't have the privilege of attending Beacon, I had to go through a lot more to get here." The cheery disposition of the newcomer, Matt apparently, was not doing a whole lot for Kai's opinion of the guy, but that was put on the back burner when the girl who had been reading came over. At first, Kai was going to try and chat her up a bit, that is, until she spoke and immediately insulted him. Demeaning his weapon was the quickest way to make Kai dislike you, and this girl had hit it right on the nose.

"You're calling my Dustbreaker outlandish, in that tone? You must really enjoy irritating people I suppose." Kai pressed a switch which caused the head of the hammer to compress and the handle to almost completely telescope back into its carrying mode, leaving just the dust chamber visible. From there he grabbed the weapon and carried it over to the girl, pointing irritably at the rotating chamber and practically shoving it in the girl's face. "You see this? This dust power system took me nearly six months to create, and it is unlike any other on the entire planet." he let the pommel fully disappear into the storage form and repeated his previous pointing with the weapon itself. "Do you know how difficult it is to make a weapon of that size change into a storage form like this? Hundreds of redesigns, hundreds of hours. Do you even know how my hair got like this?" his voice had raised to a shout in his anger, and he was pointing at his hair now, his hand shaking, "It's because when I was first learning how to use dust in weapons, I ended up burning it and the color off! Did you do anything like that? No! And now you just come in here to laugh and insult our weapons?" He was absolutely livid now, and was towering over the girl in his rage. While Matt had slightly annoyed him, this girl had directly insulted him and his weapon, and that was far worse.

Last edited by Kai Kurokawa on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:06 am

Skylar let out a little giggle, Someones a little touchy when it comes to his weapons, it seems. She thought, And he also needs some basic vocabulary skills. She didn't flinch as he got in her face, but looked him in the eye, raised one finger, and said, "First off, the complexity of that design is, indeed, outlandish." She raised another finger, "Second, outlandish means 'strange', not 'bad'." She raised a third finger before saying, "Compared to my weapon, yes, that is the very definition of outlandish. You, my friend, need to calm down." She said all this while keeping her voice light, not wanting to provoke the boy in here, at least, "Now I'd appreciate if you stopped pointing that thing at me." She finished, a smile still on her face.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:40 am

And of course, as if her introverted nature served as some sort of magnet for forced socialization, two more people had joined the group of people that surrounded her. Amaya's chest tightened a little bit as she saw her chances to escape this situation dwindling rather quickly. Her fingers began to tap the receiver of her now considerably smaller rifle nervously, a sparse and disjointed rhythm against the metal as she found herself practically cornered.

When the newcomer who had introduced himself as Matt asked about Signal, Amaya shook her head. "No, I didn't." She looked up at him only briefly before averting her eyes to Mihail, and then back to the ground. "I wasn't that lucky, or fortunate really." By the time Amaya had started to take her training to become a Huntress seriously, it had been too late to transfer to Signal, so she had to train via other means.

'What have I gotten myself into?' She thought anxiously, realizing that perhaps checking out the library had been a horrible idea.

That was when Kai's mood flipped suddenly as he started to tower over the girl. Amaya found herself incredibly thankful that rage wasn't directed at her, but the rather sudden shouting had still shocked her a little. She wondered how this girl could just stand there and laugh it off, and found herself worrying that Kai might do something incredibly stupid in this situation.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:19 pm

'Guess this wasn't a good spot to nap in.' Mihail thought as he heard a somewhat soft interruption. He turned his head to see another male student, probably a first year like the rest of them, that was around his own height in a beanie. 'I'll have to find some other deserted spot to slip away to.'

"Signal? I think I was there for a short time, didn't really get to know anybody, so I apologize if I don't remember you." He felt a little sorry for the guy, he seemed to trying to find someone he had some connections with. His eyes shifted from the new arrival to the source of a scratching noise. 'Must be his own weapon.' but before he could ask, the female student from before had joined in with the conversation finally.

"Out... landish?" Mihail took some offense to the words. Minotaur and Incisor, his late sister's weapon, had been some of his father's last inventions before his death. He almost wished Kai had done a little more before she interjected again. Glancing at Amaya, she didn't look like she was doing well. 'Probably best if we just calmed down.'

Sighing, and looked at the newest speaker. "I'd imagine there's only one reason you would join in a conversation about weapons, right?" Looking over at the student that identified himself as Matthew Rigel, Mihail figured he should invite him in as well. "Why don't you go first Matt."
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Matt hadn't strayed from his disposition as Kai had given him a cold stare. Honestly he could have cared less what the white-haired male was thinking, more so happy that he had found a comfort zone without a Faunus in sight. His gaze would shift to each speaker, putting a name to voices as he recognized Mihail being the one speaking that caught his attention. The Signal graduate would give the other one a little look over, trying to put a face to a name but not really coming up with any matches...

It wasn't until Kai had stood up and began to crescendo into a fit of anger at the book-reading female's comment of 'outlandish weapons' did Matt feel the need to do something, however from Skylar's response, it sounded like she could handle the others revealing outburst calmly and with a polished tongue as she replied in a cool demeanor. He was pretty impressed with her handling of the situation, seeing as most people liked to answer with weapons around here when provoked, stifling the want to give a laugh by biting his lip and looking away.

Nodding to Mihail, Matt would look to shift away from the uneasy situation. Weapons were always a good conversation topic at Signal, and seeing as both Amaya and Kai had an interest with them, the human would stand from his seat, gripping the handles of both tonfas. The sound of metal rubbing against denim would be slightly audible as the black rods gave a metallic gleam from the lighting of the window. "This is Perma," he'd say as he waved his left hand, "and Frost," waving his right.

"Pretty standard looking from the outside, right? I've grown up with a love of action movies as a kid, so when I was at Signal and had the opportunity to learn about manufacturing weapons, I figured I'd take up learning more about the art of hand-to-hand combat and build a little throwback to my childhood." He'd give a little grin, a safe enough distance away to give a little punch forward with his right hand, exposing the secret of his tonfa as he turned his wrist to swing the long end of his weapon forward. Exposing the secret, he'd continue his description. "Howeverrrr... I thought it would be pretty boring to at least make a pair of metal tonfa without giving it a little flair..." He'd draw the long end back toward his body with the help of pressing something that gave an audible click, followed by a discharging hiss as it quickly returned against his arm. "You see, each of these also act as a barrel for a bigger picture. The buttons along the thumbs act as a trigger to allow me to get a bit of a boost in one direction, or to help swing them forward or backward quickly. They also..."

Moving his left hand toward his right, Matt would press Perma into Frost, the resulting click connecting them as he'd move his right hand around the connected handles of the tonfa. He'd swing the connected tonfa up with a little grunt at the combined weight, showing that it wasn't exactly lightweight as his left hand went behind him to produce the pump attachment a split second later. With both open ends of the connected tonfa visible as the resulting weight brought them back downward from the swing, he'd aim his bulky looking pump beneath it as the weight of the tonfa naturally brought it down to attach to the pump. Checking for security, he'd send his left hand toward the ground, the now completed pump action giving an audible 'ker-chick' as it stuck to the pump. He'd adjust his wrist to lift the handle toward his right as the barrel was left to point at the ground safely, the transformation taking a few seconds as he'd continue, "... come together to form a pump-action double-barrel shotgun called Permafrost. It fires a modified 10-gauge shell with a little extra 'oomph' from the resulting Dust system inside the casing and pump." He'd reach to his belt to show off the blue-capped shotgun shell as he removed one with a grin.

"I make them myself. I'm sure the name gives away the Dust inside..." He added with a grin, looking behind to take his seat as he finished showcasing his weapon, letting the shotgun rest in his lap as the barrels pointed away from the group.

Looking over at Kai and Skylar, he'd make a comment. "I believe it's now your turn," he'd say to Skylar with a smile, looking toward Kai next as he jokingly continued, "We should at least let her explain herself before you decide to come to blows, White..." Unaware of the others name, he'd casually refer to his hair color as a nickname for now.
Back to top Go down
Kai Kurokawa

Kai Kurokawa

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:24 am

"I know perfectly well what outlandish means, but I wasn't taking issue with the usage of the word. It wasn't the word that was irritating, it was the arrogant tone that you said it with, and smirk that you so openly displayed afterward that pissed me off. You're intentionally being condescending to each of us, when our weapons are likely far better crafted than your own. I won't argue that ours aren't out of the ordinary, but, when you say that our weapons are the outlandish ones here, you're dead wrong." At this point had backed off a little, and was now not speaking angrily, but in a matter of fact tone that befitted the situation of expressing a counterpoint to ones argument, "As there are four of us," he nodded at Matt, including him despite his lack of caring about the guy, "with weapons which you said were outlandish compared to yours, the inverse is also true. Yours is outlandish compared to ours, the difference being that your weapon is the minority here, and thus is far stranger than ours. Anyway, back to my point, if you don't mean to irritate and instigate with a comment, then don't say it in a way that can be taken as demeaning." Still slightly irritated, Kai resumed his seat on the ground, going back to ignoring the girl, though he did glance at her from time to time as Matt went through his weapon.

A double barreled shotgun and tonfa combo...it was interesting to say the least, but he wasn't going to give the girl the satisfaction of hearing him call it 'outlandish'. And of course, now that Matt had shown his weapon, and that he didn't seem too bad so far, at least, far better than the girl, Kai was willing to pay him some mind. Hell, he would even give him his valuable insight on the weapon he wielded. "First of all, my name isn't 'White'...its Kai." He leaned back as he said this, looking closely at the weapons that Matt held. They were an design that seemed efficient enough...though Kai probably could make a few improvements on the Dust system, after all, that was what he had mainly studied about over the last year in order to perfect his own weapon. But in order for him to really get a good grasp on the weapon itself, he needed to examine it. "And secondly, it is an interesting combo you have. Though, how quickly can you change from form to form? And might I see it for a moment to look at that Dust system you mentioned? I want to see if it shares any similarity to my own Cannon." He reached out with his hand, motioning to see the weapon "Permafrost". "Oh, and also, yes, it's pretty obvious that you have dust that produces ice, or at least cold temperatures, in your weapon. I can see it from here, the markings on the metal from expanding and contracting from the shots you fire."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Skylar took interest in Matt's weapons as he showed them, Hmm, I guess that is kinda cool. She thought as he explained why he made it the way it was. She didn't move from where she was standing, simply leaning her head slightly forward to get a bit of a closer look at it. She flashed a smile back at Matt as he spoke to her, He seems like an easy-going guy. She thought as he tried to calm down the white-haired boy. She leaned gently against a chair behind her by resting her elbows on one of the arm rests, a friendly smile still lighting up her face. Rolling her shoulders to loosen them, she listened to the white-hair's ramblings without flinching.

He has a funny sense of logic. She thought about the white-haired boy, tapping her weapon idly as it rested on her hip. She snickered a bit as the boy's temper cooled off almost as quickly as it had emerged. I guess it doesn't do to be making enemies so soon after getting here. She thought, brushing her hair behind an ear. She noted how observant the one with the quick temper was, figuring out the mechanics behind Matt's weapon, Although anyone could have seen that it contained ice Dust. She then responded to the white-haired one, apparently his name was Kai, "I was hardly being demeaning, but I digress." She said before looking at Matt, "Anyway, my weapon is nothing special." She said, removing the cylinder from her hip. She pressed the button on it and it sprung into a full-sized staff, which she twirled once before placing one end on the floor, "Nothing special about it. If anything, it's only an extension of my own body, a complement to my power." She said, the smile remaining on her face. She realized that Kai would probably make fun of the fact that this was all there was to her weapon, but she had a response lined up, so she retained a cheery disposition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library [CLOSED]   Beacon Library [CLOSED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Library [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1