RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghazman

Ghazman

Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Empty
PostSubject: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 pm

(Tuesday, Week eleven)

Most people see "all you can eat" as an invitation to try out all the food and get full, Coran always saw it as a challenge. With all the training he's been been through lately he needs the extra food, so when he got an invitation from Roy to a restaurant that offered such a challenge Coran gladly accepted. After Coran's crushing conclusion in the initiation, he spent a lot of time in a full body cast at the hospital healing almost every bone in his body, the entire recovery process left his drained and weakened, his aura was the only thing that stopped him from being crushed to death. As soon as he felt good enough to fight he got back into training in the forest of forever fall, Coran was still getting into Beacon, no matter what it took. He was back in action and ready to hunt, though he may have developed a case of claustrophobia he was better than ever.  

After getting lost a few times finally found the restaurant, Vic Jr's All You Can Eat. He carried Moghul Khan stored in a case that he built for the axe after he keeps getting into trouble for carrying the giant weapon into shops and restaurants. He couldn't just go out without it, what he needed to split some heads? Or blow stuff up? As much as he wished he could, he can't do that with his bare hands. The moment he walked in he was overwhelmed by the smell of all the different kinds of foods that were available at the buffet, for the past few months Coran was living off hospital food and whatever he can hunt the forest he forgot what actual food was like.

Since Coran was late he expected Roy to be there already. When he found him he walked up to the table and he noticed that Roy had changed, he looked more ragged and tiered but with a hint of determination , Coran knew that look it was the same look he saw in the mirror after he failed initiation. "You too huh?" He said as he sat down opposite to him, he placed the case on the empty chair next to him. "Thanks for the invitation, I'm starving for some actual food."
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 pm

Roy had been waiting to eat for the better part of ten minutes. Not too long, really. He just didn't want to start without Coran. He had invited him, it was only polite to wait for him. His hair was tied back, and he was wearing his usual brown jacket, black shirt, and blue jeans. Brown hiking boots. He had his spear folded and tucked away, but not the journeyman's boots. He wasn't expecting a fight, and his father had placed, how shall we say, a security detail on him for unknown reasons.

His father was really raking in the cash as a doctor for the higher eschalon, and it was kind of annoying to be rich, honestly. People always sneered at him when they found out. He had stopped living that posh, fancy lifestyle, though, and usually lived a more spartan life now. His father was actually at the restaurant, too, though not at Roy's table. He was away scarfing some mac'n cheese from the buffet.

Coran looked like hell when he walked in, but then again so did Roy. He nodded when Coran thanked him for the invitation, after nodding to his original question.

"Coran...it's good to see you again."
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Something felt odd to Coran about Roy, he sounded colder, he didn't know if it was about the initiation or something else, either way he was still glad to see him; Coran didn't know anyone in the city and he was too busy training to meet new people so hanging out with Roy was . "You too pal, though you do look like crap." He said jokingly trying to lighten up the mood.

Looking around Coran scanned for any sign of alcohol; the only thing he missed more than good food was good booze. "This place got any beer?" He asked, though he was doubtful that the answer was going to be yes. Back in the village there was always something to drink somewhere, turns out you need a permit for that in the city. Whodathunk? "I miss the ale we had back home, tasted awful but it did the job." The job was getting so drunk that you can't tell how hurt you are when you're fighting.

"So, what happened to you down there?" He was of course referring to the initiation, Roy seemed so sure that he was getting into Beacon, his determination caught Coran off guard when he heard him say it, and it's obvious he has gotten much stronger since his days in the village, he even believed that Roy could do it.. Though Coran was sure about getting in as well, but there they were.
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Roy laughed. It was a hollow sound. Not discouraged, exactly, but...somewhat strange.

"My dad knows the regional manager. They don't have ale, but they have a few varieties of mead for us that the manager brewed."

The manager himself walked out and pretended to get ID from the two young men, then handed them each a large flagon of mead. Roy took a deep draft from it. His father was forcing him to relax, and the sweet honey-beer slid down his throat surprisingly easily for home brewed. In fact, it was quite good. Roy could pick out the taste of cherries, and was the variety of honey clover, or perhaps daffodil? Great, he was wine tasting with mead.

"Anyway, I was too busy worrying about my team mate and got nabbed by one of those creepy leech things."

This laugh was a bit more genuine. Despite his slight frame, Roy could drink with the best of them, a repuation that he'd earned among the Blitzchach. He stood from the table, and motioned to the buffet.

"I've been training nearly nonstop since...failing. Anyway, my father says I'm pushing my body too hard, and I need to take a break. He was worried about you, too."
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:34 pm

"Mead!" Coran's eyes widened and he almost slammed his fist down on the table. The word had caught his attention, he had to repeat it it was his favorite drink. He kept checking the kitchen door in anticipation of the drinks and when they arrived he raised his flagon to Roy. "Thank the Doc for me then." He started chugging the mead, he was in that sweet spot of not wanting to stop and not being able to, he could hear Roy talking about what happened during initiation but he didn't stop, he raised his index finger to say that he'll be with him in a moment. Coran didn't stop until he was halfway done, he slammed the flagon down on the table and let out a massive burp that made some people from the nearby tables to give him dirty looks. Coran didn't care, he just had mead "That sucks," he finally responded to Roy, grinning at his own pun.

After the mead Coran was really looking forward to the food, he followed Roy to the buffet. "The whole thing was working against me, couldn't find my team mate, no room to swing my axe, and it turns out that firing your rocket in cave is not a great idea." He laughed at himself, yeah not the best idea but then again Coran and logic never got along. "I've been doing the same since I got out of the hospital." He chuckled when Roy mentioned his dad asking about him, he liked Roy's dad, or Doc as he likes to call him, he helped a lot of people back in the village, Coran was often one of those people. "Tell the good doctor that it'll take more than nearly getting crushed to death to stop me from getting into beacon."
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Roy laughed as Coran chugged his mead. Enthusiastic as ever, really. The belch was met with distasteful stares from the other patrons, but Roy was through with caring what others thought of the company he kept.

As he filled his plate with food, he got great variety. His plate was brimming with stuffed sausages, pork cutlets, all sorts of great looking food. He had to admit just being in here made him feel hungrier than he'd felt in a long time. He had been mostly eating cheap noodles lately, and while they didn't take much time to make, so they didn't take away from his training, they weren't very nourishing.

When they sat back down, he'd dig in, pausing to drink some mead every now and then. It was great mead, and great food. Better than most of the other places in this chain of restaurants, at least. Roy had ignored his pun about the "Really sucking", but then he had nearly snorted in laughter when Coran mentioned firing off a rocket in the cave. Even though the man had almost died, at least he could admit that it had been a bad idea.

"I won't fail again. I can't. I won't dishonor my stepmother or the Blitzchach again."
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 pm

The biggest problem Coran had was the limited space on his plate. By the time he was done stacking the plate with every type of meat he was worried that food my start falling off the plate, and he certainly won't have that, so he moved very slowly and carefully until they made it back to their table. However when he sat down he dropped the plate on the table, disparaged the utensils that were in front of him and wolfed down the food like a person who's been starving with his bare hands, pausing only to drink when he'd nearly choke. He took a moment to catch his breath and respond to Roy "we are not going back empty handed." Then continued to scarf down more food.

"Lemme tell you." He said between bites "living off hospital food...is nearly as bad as starving." Coran often treated eating, drinking and fighting the same way he did fighting; a brutal relentless assault until the opposition is destroyed. It was the way of his people, it was how he was taught to handle most situations, so far it has worked well for him, and he enjoyed every moment of it. It was no wonder they were his favorite activities.

"Man, I haven't eaten this good since the last Great Hunt." He said when he took a break to chug more mead. Great Hunts were reserved for special occasions, weddings, births, and some even some deaths. Everyone would hunt for as much game as they can and when it was brought back everyone had to eat until all the food was gone. They were glorious. He paused for a moment, the smile fading from his lips when he remembered the state his tribe was in when he was with them last. "To Blitzchach." He raised his flagon up to Roy.
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:23 am

Roy smiled. Great Hunts were one of the few good times he had with the Blitzchach. Everyone forgot he was a bookish whelp who couldn't fight worth a damn at the time. He could put down the mead and ale with the best of them, and eat just as much as Coran. He raised his flagon of mead in the same toast that Coran had.

"To Blitzchach."

As he continued to eat quickly but neatly, he actually kept up with Coran speed wise, but managed to not get a speck of food on himself whatsoever. He had trained himself to eat quickly while keeping immaculately clean. Because he was a neat freak who liked food, and if you didn't eat quickly at a Great Hunt it would all be gone in about an hour's time.

All You Can Eat was a sort of challenge to Roy, too, after all. Eat as much as you could before they kicked you out for eating too much.

The manager patted Roy on the back as the last of the other customers were leaving. Most of them finished thier meals, others were put off by the Barbarian sitting in the restaurant.

"Coran, I know this might sound weird, but..."

He sighed.

"You're the closest thing to a best friend I have. My father thinks we should swear an Oath of Brotherhood."

An Oath of Brotherhood. The Blitzchach's sacred bond. Two men, or two women who would forever have eachother's backs, pretty much. Best pals til the end. It was pretty much Roy inviting Coran into his family.

"And personally, I agree. While you lack manners...you're a good friend."
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:47 am

It was simply a matter of bad timing that Coran was eating a chicken wing when Roy brought up the Oath, he was so caught off guard by the preposition that he almost chocked on it. After recomposing himself Coran took a moment to think, he sat there and quietly took a drink of his mead. An Oath of Brotherhood was no trivial matter, Coran had not considered taking the oath so early in his life. After thinking about it for a while he finally had his answer, he wiped his mouth with his forearm before beginning and cleared his throat. He remembered the way his father spoke to the rest of tribe and tried to emulate his calm yet powerful voice.

"You were not born a Blitz, yet you learned our ways and became one of us, despite how weak and sickly you were as a child. You can fight, drink, and eat like the best of us." He broke character and chuckled for a second before continuing "heck you're even smarter than most. "He paused, lingering on a memory of his father teaching them the history of clan. "My father always saw something in you, and as he saw fit to welcome you into the clan I would gladly welcome you as a brother." He took a long gulp of mead when he was done, finishing the flagon.

"But " Coran said as he slammed the flagon on the table. "I will only swear the Oath when we both get into Beacon." He grinned, knowing that the extra condition would serve to motivate both of them into getting in and even though they may not end up on the same team they would always have each other's backs. He meant everything he said to Roy and he too was the closest thing Coran had to a best a friend so the decision was not a difficult one to make. After all that serious talk Coran reverted back to his more natural self "also, screw you. I have great manners." He topped that off with another burp.

Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:41 pm

Roy smiled.

"Challenge...accepted."

As for Coran's emulation of his father's tone, well, you could actually tell he was his father's son for once. It was quite strange. Roy almost felt in awe, but then he shook the feeling, and laughed when Coran remarked on manners. Great manners? Really. Oh well, if he wanted to think so that was his prerogative. Roy knew better than to debate manners with Coran. Instead, he upended the head-sized tankard of mead and chugged it. All of it, slamming the tankard down on the table.

"That's damn good mead."

Roy let out a laugh, loosening up a bit.

"We ain't gonna screw it up again, man."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)   Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting The Band Back Together (Roy+Open)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: