RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:07 pm

(Takes place on Monday of the eighteenth week)

Beacon Academy, like many prestigious schools that had been standing for decades, had its ghost stories. There was the story mysterious hand prints on the large mirror in the gymnastics area of the training room. There was the myth of the north second staircase where someone had slipped and cracked their neck just before graduation. There was the classic cliché about the piano playing in the music room in the middle of the night when nobody was there.

Recently, the freshmen had been going on creating a new story. Near the western part of the dormitory, at around five o’ clock when the halls were pretty empty, the ghost of a girl would walk around. It was supposedly an odd sight because with long golden hair, porcelain skin and a thick red dress, she looked like a life-size mechanical doll. The ghost doll would “walk through” the Do Not Enter sign of one of the older parts of the building and after that she’d disappear, nothing but her singing voice echoing in the hallways. If by any chance someone followed her, they said, she’d ask for their soul as punishment and they’d be bound to her until the day they died.

In reality, of course, the doll was actually the little princess of one of the team dormitories. An overbearing, slave-driving young woman who got bored easily and demanded your loyalty to her by entertaining her with dancing or buying sweets at the Treat Shop forty miles away from the school.

Mirai had heard the stories, but the majority of her reaction towards it was satisfaction. It made sure no one followed her and it made sure her little “ceremony” remained a secret. But a very special day was coming up and it made her wary because it meant she had to deviate from schedule and also risked herself being known.

“I’m going somewhere tomorrow,” she told her teammates one morning. “I’ve already asked permission from the Headmaster.”

She was sitting on the bed casually as she said this, her fan casually covering half of her face.

“Do any of you need anything from me before then? Class schedules, notes, severe punishment?”

Last edited by vide1993 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:58 pm

"Where are you heading?" Rider asked curiously as he set the plate of omelette sandwiches on the coffee table for the group to enjoy at their leisure.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Mirai had been hoping no one would ask. She sighed as she turned to face Rider.

“I’m off to visit my relatives in another region,” Mirai said casually. “It’s pretty far and the trip tomorrow is going to take most of the day. But aside from that, there’s nothing special about it.”

She moved over to the coffee table, taking place at the pillow mat she always sat own and sampled the eggs.

“Delicious as always, Rider,” Mirai complemented. And then, playing with her fork, “By the way, our professors today are at a meeting. We’ll have no classes. We’re free to do what we want.”

She looked at the as if she were looking for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Caster leaned on the wall next to Rider, watching Mirai curiously and fooling idly with the piping in his gloves. He cocked an eyebrow at her and tilted his head.

"Well, milady, why such sudden notice?" he asked her while rocking off of his heels to his feet, taking a bite of his food. "Yewh..." Caster swallowed, covering his mouth. "You would think that this was something you had planned awhile ago."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Mirai looked at Caster, a bit vexed that they were still prying into the situation. She took a cup of tea and lifted it to her mouth.

"Family matters," Mirai said as she shifted her eyes towards the magician. "Not that any of it matters. Just enjoy your time without me--"

Mirai's scroll vibrated in her pocket and she took it up to see Honne was calling her.

"Excuse me.." she said standing up and going outside. And then, putting the scroll to her ear. "Yes?"

"Lady Mirai, there's been a change of plans..." Honne said.

"What do you mean?"

"Your Lord Cinq's required me and Ren to step back...and for your teammates to go with you."

Mirai's eyes widened. She clutched the phone tightly.

"No way!" she argued. "I cannot bring them there! It's insane!"

"Lord Cinq has already sent a request to the headmaster again," Honne explained calmly. "It'll sort of also act as an educational experience since he's a professor in politics and all."

Mirai stomped her foot.

"There was a reason why I wanted to go alone!"

"Sorry, milady, but those are the orders. Forgive me."

Before Mirai could object, Honne put down the phone. Mirai clenched her teeth in frustration and stomped back in. With her arms crossed, she looked down on her teammates.

"Get your things ready for a three-day trip," Mirai said. "It appears you'll be accompanying me."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:16 pm

"Oh joy milady. Consider it done," Rider smiled, "My suitcase is right here. Oh what fun!"

Nobody had noticed but the off white suitcase was sitting up on the side of Rider's bed at the ready.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 pm

Mirai's eyebrows furrowed at how hastily Rider's things had been set up. She was so upset about everything, her cheeks were red. She let out an exasperated sigh and crossed her arms.

"The trip will consist of a train ride, a boat ride and then a carriage," Mirai briefed them. "We'll be going to home where you'll be meeting my grandfather. I have no idea what his purpose is for having you all brought along, but mind you you're probably going to be needing formal clothes for dining and, if grandfather is stubborn, ballroom clothes. Rayden, I'm sure you have no problem with that, but how are you and Caster, Rider?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:58 pm

"Well I always wear formal clothes," Rider states gesturing to his waist coat and ruffled neckerchief, "If my favorite coat is not good enough I also own a tail coat, a tuxedo jacket, a sport's jacket, a suit..."

Rider listed off a variety of formal wear jackets, even a military formal dress jacket for whatever reason he had that. He doesn't say much on pants though but then again his legs were always covered by that blanket he always had with his symbol on it.

"Hm~ so your grandfather eh?" Rider paused for a moment and smiled brightly, "Maybe he wants to interview us to see if we'd make suitable suitors!"

It was hard to tell whether or not Rider was joking as his chuckle sound rather forced.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 pm

Mirai's hand slowly went to the cuff of her sleeve and she pulled out a throwing knife, tossing it into the air to stab the wall portion just above Rider's head and in between his ears.

"Ferme ta bouche!" Mirai said in a different language, her teeth clenched. Her cheeks were still red, but she took out her fan again and covered her face. "This is serious. Aside from my family matters, you're all going to be there to attend his lecture on politics regarding the varying government methods of each region. Terribly boring, if you ask me."

She closed her fan and began to walk out before anyone questioned her any further.

"I have to go somewhere," she said stiffly. She opened the door and slammed it shut behind her. Little did she realize she had dropped something that tumbled under the table, it's golden color glinting in the little light coming from the window.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:20 pm

"Oh, now what is that?" Rider says as he say the glint of gold under the table. He rolls towards it and strained his arm to pick it up. Rider examined his small find curiously.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

As Rider pulled his hand from up, he found out that what he picked up was an intricate, old golden pendant. It was closed shut but there was a small paper peeking out from it.

It read:

My words, and my heart, will warmly shine on you if they can reach you someday.

There was also something written at the back of it.

Reminder: if I get bored, I should solve the Academy's ghost myths.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 pm

Rider looked at the pendant for a while. He tossed the thing into the air and caught it in his hand, closing the entire thing in his fist before wheeling out of the dorm.

"I'll be right back gentleman," Rider announced, "This looks important so I'm going to look for Mirai and give it back to her."

Rider wheels out of the dorm room and heads out to find Mirai, not even considering opening the pendant.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Mirai was nowhere to be seen in the hallways anymore. She had been quick to leave and there was no trace as to where she could have been now. Rider's only options at the moment were to randomly search around to no avail or keep the locket until she returned while they packed up.

At the same time, Rider received a message on his phone. It was Mirai.

Won't be back until this afternoon. You're in charge in the meantime. Ren will come around later with your respective papers for the trip and the letter granting permission for you to go with me. Also, a request from your leader, you boys try to find me something interesting to tell me when I come back. I'm terribly bored and need a good story.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 pm

"Hm... well I suppose I can give this to her when she comes back," Rider murmurs as he securely places the pendant in his inner coat pocket. He wheels back into the dorm announcing, "So anyway, Mirai's servant is coming here to deliver some papers and she wants to hear something interesting when she comes back... Anybody know a good joke?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 am

Caster had just watched the two talk for a bit, continuing to fool with the tubing in his gloves. When Rider had mad the comment about them being judged as suites it made his chuckle a bit, however he was curious to why they were asked to join. 'Well, my clothes should be fine.' he shrugged to himself.

Rider had run off to give Mirai the pendent and Caster passed, holding one of his gloves near his mouth. "This is quiet curious, quiet curious indeed, don't you think? What could Mirai's family want with us for political matters? Maybe they just want to meet us. It seems very od-" before he could finish Caster heard Rider come into the room and jumped.

"Wha- Oh. Hmm." Caster straightened his jacket, clearing his throat. "Hmm.. I could tell her about the time the circus Ursa got it's head stuck in the knife throwing wheel. People thought it was part of the act. What a mess that was!" He blinked, thinking more. "There was the time a drunken Faunus ran onto the stage. The man was mad! Never have I seen such a graceful juggler!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:23 am

"If you want to impress her, solve a mystery for her," the low, sultry voice came from the door.

The door opened and revealed a slender woman with fair skin and deep black hair. Her eyes were dark and sharp, suggesting oriental descent. She wore a red business suit and was holding a folder of papers.

"This is the dorm for Team Monarch, right?" she said. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Honne, one of Lady Mirai's personal assistants and the right hand of her mother. Ren's busy with things, so I'm here to drop the papers."

She handed them over to Rider, looking at him disapprovingly. "From what Lady Mirai tells me, you haven't changed a bit."

She then looked back at Caster and Rayden, who she had only seen now. She crossed her arms as she waltz back and forth in the room.

"That folder contains your passports and letters of permission. Tickets, yadda, yadda," she said casually. "Don't lose it. As for giving Lady Mirai something interesting, she's not fond of jokes. She likes things that get her brain working. You know, that reminds me, a few days before she mentioned something about ghost stories here in the academy."

She looked at the boys and smirked. "Of course, we all know ghosts aren't real. Why not check them out for her?"

She headed towards the door, counting her fingers. "The fingerprints on the glass in the training room, the cursed northern stairs, the haunted piano...I'm sure you've heard of them. Trust me, she'll be pleased."

With that, she gave a brief, casual salute and closed the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 am

The door closing behind Honne was quickly followed by the sound of a number of suitcases and other luggage being closed. While the others had been talking Rayden was busy at work packing his one suitcase followed by packing the large number that Mirai would likely request. "If milady desires a mystery then a mystery we shall solve." Rayden attached Chevalier to his hip and slung Obiettivo over his shoulder. He turned and faced Rider. "Mr. Blanc why not use that information office you had Lady Ai use in order to find information on me. It should come in use." At the current time Rayden was still under the impression that the information Rider and Ai had dug up on him was a task that could be so easily done by anyone.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 am

Raising an eyebrow, Caster placed a glove over his mouth and spoke quietly into it. "A mystery, huh? Sounds interesting, don't you think? ...Alright, yes, not only for Mirai but it sounds fun."

When removing his hand he cleared his throat and straightened out his jacket. "Agreed, Rayden. I see no harm in a bit of mystery solving. What about you, Rider?" Caster spoke as Rayden was equipping his weapons, then tilted his head curiously at the question Rayden had asked.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 am

"Information... what?" Rider quirked an eyebrow at Rayden. "Rayden, personal info like that are not a public thing. I mean a lot of harm could be caused if someone got a hold of your social security number and even your medical records."

Rider decided to simply shrug and turned to Caster.

"I suppose it would relieve some boredom. Right then. We'll need a brightly painted flower power van, a scrawny guy who eats too much but doesn't get fat, a talking dog, a way to stay teenagers for several decades, and too much free time."

With his terrible joke said, Rider headed out of the door and decided to see to whatever "mystery" fate decided to greet him with first.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:27 am

Caster shook his head with a slight chuckled, pulling Abra and Kadabra back on his wrist and checking his pocket for Alakazam. "Does that make Rayden the large young man with a questionable sexuality?' he added jokingly and followed Rider out.

"We can't just wander around and expect a mystery to just appear out of nowhere... can we?" Caster raised an eyebrow in question at Rider.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:42 am

"Sometimes it is simply more fun to see what hand fate deals you," Rider replies, "And please, Rayden's sexuality isn't questionable at all. He's as masculine as they come." Rider places a finger to his lips and closes one eye as he smiled mischievously. "After all, what else would you call a well toned man who wears a sailor uniform and can hold up a pair of women's panties without a care?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Rayden stared blankly at the two after having their jokes go completely over his head. "In any case we must begin our task and I do believe I have our first lead." Rayden headed out the doors with the others following behind him. "During our travel to the Academy milady was rather excited about the Library. I recall her mentioning a rare book about local legends was in there and she was most excited about reading it."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:04 pm

"I suppose this is a form of fate guiding us as well," Rider says as he follows Rayden. "Do you know the title and where it was located?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 pm

"It was called the 13th Step to Heaven" For the rest of the walk toward the library Rayden was silent as he tried to turn back the thoughts in his head to when he last saw the book. Upon arriving at the library Rayden completely ignored the help desk the went straight to the back of the library where massive rows of bookshelves were the only thing visible. "This way." Rayden picked a seemingly random row and headed toward the center running his fingers along the spines of the books as he passed.  After a minute of walking Rayden finally stopped and picked out a book from the shelf. "Section 3, Row 22, Shelf 2nd from the top, and book number 12 from the left." The book was a simple hardcover book colored purple with the title on the cover. Rayden handed the book to Rider. "Thou seems to likely be a fast reader wouldst thou mind finding us a worthy mystery?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:50 pm

As Rider read, he would come upon a paper inside the book with something scrawled on it. It stopped at the Tale of the Dead Hands which read:

In olden times, it was custom for folk to cover mirrors when someone died as they feared the person's soul would stay trapped in the mirror and haunt them. There was once a village where an unfaithful married man's wife committed suicide. The man, not really believing in customs, did not cover his mirrors and the funeral was held in a non-enthusiastic manner. Happy he was free to start real affairs with women again, he would lead them into his house, but each time the women would see the bedroom mirror, they'd find a floating bloodied hand writing: BEWARE. The women would flee and the man would become angry at his wife's ghost. He decided to confront it by smashing the mirror but when he hit only his reflection he slumped over and died.

After reading the story, he would look at the note. The words, strangely, resembled the handwriting of the note Rider had found in Mirai's locket. The note read:

The tale of the dead hands in the mirror is decades old but it's been renewed here in the Beacon Academy in the gymnasium. I've heard a few people saying they witnessed this, but little do most people know that some things are the trick of an eye. I should go there sometime when no one's around.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]   Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Following a Golden Thread of Hair [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next