RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flame wars in chat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

Flame wars in chat Empty
PostSubject: Flame wars in chat   Flame wars in chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm gonna use this as more of an appeal to the people rather than the modmins, but if modmins have a solution, that'd be fantastic.
Also bare in mind it is 6 AM as I write this, and I've been awake for at least 25 hours. Yes, 25, I got up pretty early yesterday.

So, I'm sick of pulling up chat and seeing people yelling at each other over preferences. Most common one that pops up every month or so is "Console vs PC Gaming", to list an example.

Basically, I'm just asking that this stops. It swallows the chat in negativity that remains even after the discussion has ended.
I'm not asking that you not voice your opinion, or that these arguments cease altogether. Just that either you be less like whiny toddlers and more like the literate, smart RPers I know exist under the shell of bitchiness.
I know I've participated (And Started) one or two flame wars in the chat, but since then, I do my best to not... Well... Do that.
Some solutions I can think of off the top of my head are:

Have the argument Via PM

Create a thread somewhere (General discussion?)

Find some other chat thing to yell at each other through

Accept that people have opinions that are different from yours. Seriously, it's like watching a zealous Athiest have an argument with a Christian fanatic. Whatever side you agree with, you wanna slap both of 'em in the face and tell them to shut the **** up.

Anyway, that's just my two bob.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

Flame wars in chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flame wars in chat   Flame wars in chat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:31 am

In light of recent events, thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

Flame wars in chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flame wars in chat   Flame wars in chat Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:36 am

Dee, in light of recent events, I don't deserve that thumbs up. I stand by my arguments, but I've kinda sorta really gone against the ideals of this thing by voicing them so loudly and angrily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flame wars in chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flame wars in chat   Flame wars in chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flame wars in chat
Page 1 of 1