RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kyle Addison

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:50 pm

CHARACTER
Name: Kyle Addison

Species: Fauna, Hawk

Symbol: A pair of wings behind a sword

Appearance:5'11" Around 250 pounds. Scruffy white hair and rounded hazel eyes. He usually wears a dark brown trench coat to cover two 4' long jet black wings. A pair of sunglasses hides his unusually small pupils. His casual wear is usually a black tee shirt with his symbol on it and camouflage cargo pants. He has a square jaw and a rough complexion. A long scar runs along his left eye. His rough life and intense training make armor a luxury instead of a necessity.

History: Kyle's life has been a difficult one. Being a Faunas, he has been made fun of his entire life. He was born with two large, black, feathery wings. He was often made mocked by his peers. But it all became worse when his parents died during a White Fang riot. Leaving the young Kyle alone and with no immediate family to call home, he became a street rat. He stole only when he needed to to survive and fought only to defend himself.
            When Kyle was on the road, he met a young girl named Caroline. She was just like him, a Fauna orphan. He remembered one specific feature about her; her butterfly hair pin. They quickly formed a bond and traveled together for a year. But then they encountered a creature of Grim; a beowolf. Kyle tried to defend Caroline as best he could, but the monster was too strong. It swiped at him and hit him, causing a long scratch along his eye and knocking him unconscious. When he woke up, the Beowolf was gone and so was Caroline. All that was left behind was her butterfly clip. He carries the clip with him and keeps it in a special case.
            After that he decided to help those he could, no matter what. And thus his dream of becoming a Hunter began. He tried to find work but everyone denied me. But he caught a break. Just after his 12th birthday, he discovered that he had an uncle, Micheal Addison. Micheal worked at Signal Academy as a professor in combat. Kyle made contact with Micheal via email and the two became united. After hearing about young Kyle's woes, the old Micheal took him in as his own son and trained him to be a skilled hunter in training. Kyle went through rigorous and difficult training with his uncle; he even perfected the art Smithing and stealth. Then, after Kyle turned 15, he was scouted by Beacon. Kyle has been there ever since and writes letters to his uncle monthly.

Personality: Kyle is a tough loner. He tends to be be by himself whenever he is given the chance. However he will tolerate good people. He is very protective of others, especially other Fauna. Even though he rushes to the defense of others, he doesn't ask for help until he really needs it. Also, because of the chance that Beacon gave him to be someone, he respects the school and is very serious about his school work. His years of training have given him a strict routine to follow. He is respectful to family and to others as long as they don't cross the line.

Strength: Kyle's years of hard training have made him exceptionally strong. He can also perform short, strong burst up upward motion from his wings. He hasn't mastered flight yet so he can only move upward about 1 foot with each burst. His street life has given him a good perception of when something is too dangerous to attempt. Because of his Fauna heritage, he also has night vision. He also has a strong protective instinct of others.

Weakness: His lack of asking for help gets him in trouble, as well as his constant fighting of those who mock him or his fellow Fauna. Whenever he fights something, he doesn't tend to think about any strategy or system. He just fights however he has to to win, to prove he isn't weak or incompetent. He wants to prove that Fauna aren't useless. It's this desire that gets in the way of his thinking process. Sometimes he chooses to make the decision that benefits himself rather then the group or to be accepted by the group if the situation calls for it. He also smokes.

Semblance: Whenever Kyle is startled or frightened, he emits a powerful barrier over his body, creating a clear bubble about 7 feet tall and 6 feet across. Whenever something hits the bubble while it's active, it ripples around it. The bubble also traps in whatever is inside the bubble while it's active; its sort of a no way in no way out deal. Unfortunately, Kyle isn't fully aware of how to use his power so he can only use it once a day. It blocks all things for 4 seconds.

WEAPON
Name: Crystal Thunder

Primary Form: Crystal Thunder is a pair of diamond-like gauntlets that are infused with Thunder Dust. A thunderbolt symbol is carved into the wrists. In combat mode, they extend to his elbows. The gauntlets themselves are crystal-like with a thin coating of metal over it. A small hole is visible just over the wrists.

Secondary Form: When Crystal Thunder goes into long range mode, the small holes above the wrists extend into a long barrel. Then, the stored Thunder dust charges and when Kyle clenches his fist, a lightning bolt launches in the direction he's aiming. It takes 3 seconds to recharge after each shot.

Tertiary Form: Crystal Thunder also has a lantern feature. Kyle can take off the gauntlets and then click them together to form a single piece of metal. The barrels used in long range mode extend and bend to form a handle at the top. Then the Thunder dust glows, casting a bright light for about 15 feet around.

History: Kyle's childhood is reflected in Crystal Thunder. His whole life has been a struggle to get strong and to make it through life. While on the road, he often had to sleep outside. Sometimes he would be caught in the rain and occasionally there would be lightning storms. Kyle was always fascinated by the power and beauty in a lightning bolt and the science behind lightning. He always stayed awake during storms, just to watch the electricity dance between the clouds and to study its technique. Kyle always wanted to be like a lightning bolt; fast, powerful, and respected. He holds the fascination to this day. When his Uncle Micheal had him forge his own weapon, he remembered his goal of being strong, so he used the hard, crystal like material that is the base of the weapon. Then he infused it with his love of lightning and electricity. He finally topped it off with a thin coating of steel so that it would blend in with normal weapons, reflecting how he truly wants to be treated like everyone else. Thus, Crystal Thunder was born.

Last edited by Maximus on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Alright, first of all. I'm just going to ask you to make this profile a bit easier to read by adding spaces in between each section.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Alright
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:58 am

First of all, I would like to see a lot more detail in the areas of appearance. Such as facial structure, hair style, etc. And in the strengths section, you say he can fly? I'm going to straight out deny that. Long term flight is NOT allowed and even if he were able to fly, it would have to be his semblance and highly limited to a few seconds of flight.

Also, I would like to see more fleshed out in the weaknesses, and possibly a few that show up during combat. And as for the semblance, I would like way more fleshed out, as "A Powerful Shield" doesn't tell me a lot about it.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:00 am

Ok, I'll see what I can do
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 am

If you need any help you can contact me or a mod by PM, or I'm sure there's someone that an help you out on chat!
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 11:58 am

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:41 pm

For the semblance, I would like some more details. Does it only protect from one side or is it more of a bubble type shield? What do you mean by "a small area"? (Give dimensions) And while a few seconds is a passable time limit, I would prefer a hard number.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Ok
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Works for me. +1
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 pm

Does that mean I'm approved?
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Two itty bitty things: There isn't a mention of his wings or other faunus traits in his appearance and the plural of faunus is faunus, not fauna.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Alright
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Approved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kyle Addison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle Addison   Kyle Addison Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyle Addison
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Creation :: Approvals :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: