RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake Favus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:18 am

CHARACTER

Name: Jake Favus

Symbol: A sprouting plant  

Appearance:
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 163 lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde
Skin Tone: Fair
Figure: Slim-muscular
Distinguished Features: He has a prosthetic right arm, which is also a secondary weapon. He also has a small scar on the right side of his forehead.
Clothing: Wears a brown jacket overlapping a black shirt, grey jeans with many pockets, and brown boots. He also has bandage wrapped around his right arm.

History:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Mischievous and deceitful, Jake likes to prank other people for fun, sometimes his pranks goes little too far. He's also a kleptomaniac, he has a habit of "borrowing" things and never returning them. Even though he's a tricky little bastard, he is a good friend, and someone trustworthy. He's prepared to risk his life for his loved ones.

Aside from that, he's very curious on things and likes to tinker with machines and the likes. On his spare time he works with his mechanical arm, thinking up an idea on how to upgrade it and put more (useless) stuff on it.

He is also calm and carefree. He doesn't really take life seriously.

Strength:
Jake Jack of all trades. Jack is like a walking human utility bag, since he has a tool for every, no, well, most of the situations. His flexibility in battle is his main advantage, having a melee weapon(the sword), a means of escape(the beans), a means of chasing and catching someone(the graple arm), and tools for daily living(the utility arm).

Weakness:
Jake relies too much on his weapons, that he have no time to improve his own skills. Without his sword, utility arm and magic beans, he's pretty much useless. He also have no semblance which puts him at a great disadvantage.

Semblance: None. He lost his semblance after a serious accident. He can't activate his semblance from that day on. (read history for more info)

WEAPON

Primary Weapon: Beanstalk
At first look, it's just ordinary short sword. However the sword has the capability to extend its blade longer. The blade can extend from .7 meters up to 3.5 meters long. Regarding of how long it extends, the weight of the sword stays the same. The sword is originally designed like a two-handed sword, the handle is longer than the usual one-handed swords, so that the wielder have a stable handling whenever the sword extends. However the longer the sword extends, the harder for the wielder to use it.

Secondary Weapon: Rule of Thumb
Jake has a mechanical prosthetic right arm. The mechanical arm is also a utility arm. It contains various useful tools such as; a bread knife, a scalpel, a fork, a pen, a mini-drill, a mini-hammer, a corkscrew, and a metal cutter, and Jake can upgrade it and add more tools in it. It is also a grappling arm, which can shoot at foes to catch them. Very useful for catching enemies and pulling them in or pulling your self towards them. The wire of the grappling arm extends up to 15 meters.

Other Weapons: Magic Beans
Jake always keeps these beans on his pocket. These beans are bombs made from dusts that can be use for an emergency. There are different colors of beans and each have different uses:
Red Bean - An explosive type of bean. It creates a medium-sized explosion around the area.
Yellow Bean - A bean that emits sleeping gas. Anyone who breathes in this gas will slowly fall asleep.
Blue Bean - A bean that emits a thick smoke. It use for escaping from enemies.

History:

Jake salvages the remaining riches of his family to pay an expensive surgery for a prosthetic right arm. Jake is the one who maintains and customized it, he named his mechanical arm the "Rule of Thumb".

Beanstalk was forged by a great blacksmith, who is an old acquaintance of Jake's father.

Last edited by maestema on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:18 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:22 pm

You're going to need more detail on your semblance and personality. Besides that I am very iffy on the beans.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:23 am

*Edited

-Added more detail on personality
-nerfed the magic beans. (actually, just removed some of it)

As for the semblance, it is explained in the history on how he lost it and what it is.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

I'm counting nine tools in the prosthetic arm, with room for more. How exactly do all those tools fit?

In a few instances, you write "bondage." I think you mean "bandage," instead. There are also other instances of improper grammar, and I recommend going through the profile to proofread it regardless.

As for Beanstalk, the weight staying the same is simple physics, and one of the more basic laws, but how does it affect the balance of the blade? That's something that would make a greater difference.
Back to top Go down
http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:13 pm

*fixed

Wei Tzu wrote:
I'm counting nine tools in the prosthetic arm, with room for more. How exactly do all those tools fit?

As for this. You know how a swiss knife has a lot of stuff in in? Yeah, that's how the arm works.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 pm

Swiss knives fit so many tools in so little space by not having sophisticated electronics and mechanics running through them. Unless you plan on having those functions necessitate being pulled out and used by his other hand with purely simplistic mechanics, then I don't see it working particularly well.

I'll grant that I'm not particularly fond of hammerspace, but considering just how intricate a prosthetic arm with full motor capabilities would be without extra room for storage, I can't help but imagine it being noticeably larger and unbalanced in comparison to his organic arm, the way it's described now.
Back to top Go down
http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Well, yeah. It's supposed to be a bit larger than his other arm in the first place. Oh, and the tools are fully automated.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 am

I'm going to agree with Wei on this one, but for a few different reasons. Yes, his arm will be significantly heavier than his organic one, that I get. However, with such a bulky and heavily packed arm, I fail to see how he can still be as nimble and quick as people without severly unbalanced bodies. I don't like how vesitile the whole thing is, especially with all his other weapons and functions. I feel I can only accept this if something is removed. The swiss-army knife capabilities of the arm, the grappling feature entirely, the beans, his sword, or his mobility related strengths(replaced with something else of course)
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:03 am

*fixed

I changed the strengths. No way I'm giving up his weapons though.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:28 am

I'm fine with this.

Approved +1!
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 12:17 pm

One small thing, you can't (currently) actual months, just have it be by month 1, month 2, etc
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm

you mean the birth date? sure, I'll fix it.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Looks good to me, Approved +2 and moved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jake Favus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jake Favus   Jake Favus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake Favus