RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aria Sinner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:11 pm

CHARACTER

Name: Aria Sinner

Species: Human

Symbol:

Aria Sinner Icon

Appearance:Aria Sinner is generally depicted as a decently attractive young lady through the eyes of most people. Aria’s body has a nice looking athletic build to it, and her curves are all properly placed. She stands at about 5'3" currently, and has grown into 32-C bust that she is very proud to say, sets her on the road to someday catching her elder sister. Her skin complexion appears fairly light and smooth to the senses, overall about a medium when it comes to her face, the only color really coming out on her face being her naturally rosy cheeks. Her chin is also a bit round, giving her a girlish, immature facial structure. Aria’s vibrant green eyes also help radiate a carefree sense of innocence that seem to put people at ease when talking to her, and at times allow her to approach animals without intimidating them with her presence. Her hair is somewhat long and will fall to just above the middle of her back when she lets it down, She tends to maintain it very well in her spare time, keeping it very well tamed, with bangs that hang over her cheeks and end just before her chin. Though despite the care she puts into taking care of its natural sheen and appearance, she usually ends up styling it in a ponytail that she sports with a baseball cap.

Aria's casual clothing is usually very simple. She enjoys a blue pullover shirt, with gold stripes leading down her shoulders to the wrist cuffs, and a matching blue scarf that she keeps neatly arranged around her neck. The scarf has gold trim along both sides of it to match the stripes of her pullover. She also sports a black ball cap with a white "S" on the bill, and pair of black jean shorts that allow her the freedom of movement that she enjoys.

Spoiler:

History: Aria's life up until recently has been somewhat normal, as normal as one can get for one that is training to be a huntress or a hunter. Though for Aria, hunting was more than just school work, It was the family business, it was what her father did to keep people safe. You see, Aria's father is employed by a personal security company by the name of "Oxygen". The agents of Oxygen Have similar training to that of a hunter, and some have even been hunters in the past. From what Aria has seen, they fight for the good of others, and beat the odds that few others would even dare to face. Aria was encouraged to go down a less combative study path ,but even so, she couldn't help to be captivated by the heroics of huntresses. Aria worked hard at sanctum academy, her determination to be a huntress fueled her to master a weapon many people thought to be just a myth, a weapon that as far as she can tell, only she can use to it's full potential. The affinity she has for her weapon has made it clear to her that she was meant to protect humanity from the creatures of grim, and she passionately strives to do just that as she walks her path.

Personality: Aria often seems to travel a very fine line that separates a chipper traveling companion, from a remorseless mercenary. Not saying that she is naturally violent, but she is always competitive, and driven to win, which for the most part makes her a bit of a tom boy and can cause her to be overly aggressive at times, especially when she is fighting for what she thinks is right.

Strengths:
Aria is known for being extremely precise with "Needle", snaring prey with her threads or cutting them cleanly into pieces with her sword. Her agility and speed are also nothing to snuff at, closing long distances in moments is a simple task for her. She also is an expert at setting lethal traps for her prey with the wires of her weapon, ultimately minimizing the strain on her aura by simply catching her prey offguard, and finishing the fight quickly.

Weaknesses: Aria's style of combat is effective to be sure, but it's not meant to be used in a battle that drags on. Assuming a well fortified defense would be a solid way of wearing her effectiveness in battle down by simply forcing her to strain her stamina. Also, Aria enjoys when her opponents blindly peruse her, she is very skilled at using the second form of "Needle" to lay down traps for her prey. Be logical in deciding where you are heading, and your potential to be caught in her web will lower greatly. Close quarters combat is Aria's specialty, she's trained hard to learn how to cut down her enemies with her sword alone, and she won't hesitate to do so. Staying at a distance is a good bet, if you enjoy your head remaining on your shoulders at least.

Semblance: Ethereal Seamstress
Aria's aura creates and manipulates sound wavelengths. Her control of this ability at the moment is exclusive to channeling ultrasonic waves through her weapon, "Needle", causing the threads that comprise the weapon to emit that same waves as herself. These waves move air particles rapidly and creates a localized area of pressure around the threads which lift them, and suspends the strings in the air. the stronger the sound waves that Aria creates, the greater the pressure around the wires will become, opening the possibly to propel them at high speeds towards an enemy. Her control of the wires around her is subject to small changes in the sound waves she's using, which basically means that she can do certain things like make lasso with a section of the threads to snare a target or wrap her strings around objects to make a web of sorts. The only truly complicated pattern that she uses though, is the one that is used to create the hilt and blade of "Needle", for an unknown reason, the pattern to weave it is second nature to her.

Manipulating the wires in this manner is extremely tasking on Aria's aura reserves, as well as her physical, and mental state, giving her no more than five minutes of use at a time before she completely exhausts herself . The ultrasonic waves Aria produces allows her to move her wires upwards to speeds of about fifty miles per hour, letting her to quickly snare armored creatures, or dissect exposed, fleshy targets.

WEAPON

Name: Needle

Primary Form: a pure white katana and sheath. The blade of the katana is about 23'in, and reacts when Aria's hand nears the hilt by unraveling several white threads and wrapping them around her fingers and her wrist. The entire sword is completely made up of hair thin wires that are tightly woven into the shape of a sword. Though spotting this fact while the sword is woven together would be extremely difficult without a magnifying glass to see the threads.

Spoiler:

Secondary Form: when Aria applies her aura to needle, the katana she is holding will quickly unravel like thread off of a spool until the weapon is completely gone, and only free flying white threads are left around Aria. these threads are extremely thin, and move according to Aria's Semblence.

History: Needle is a weapon that was created by a group of humans that were known as Soul Weavers. Aria discovered it by pure chance, messing around in a few artifacts that her mother brought home. It was a beautiful sword, so like any other shiny object, she had to go touch it, but as she did, it reacted by lacing threads around her fingers. Ever since Aria has been interested in finding what exactly her connection to the Soul Weavers and their relic is, but untill that time, she happily uses the weapon to slay monsters.

Last edited by Noble Eagle on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Alright, Not too much to go over here.

I would like to see a few more weaknesses and strengths as I only saw about 1-2 in each section.

As for the semblance, I'm iffy on the sound waves, and I would also like to see a minor setback or flaw to it.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:46 pm

okie dokie, hows she look now?
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:51 pm

Looks fine to me, still a little iffy on the semblance, but I'll let someone else take a look at it. For now I'll give you this. +1 Approval
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm also not sure the semblance is workable. Before I say no to it though I 'm going to suggest rewriting it's decription. You already have a pretty decent explanation on what it does, but I think if you explain how it does that we would be able to understand it better.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 3:36 pm

alrighy then, I edited the semblance description, I hope it'll be easier to understand now.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Hmmm.... I can live with this I guess. 2/2, but I'm going to let another mod move you, just to make sure there is a 2nd pair of eyes on the new semblance.

Last edited by Seiryuu24 on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 8:37 pm

woots! thank you seiryuu! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 am

Seconded approval on new semblance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aria Sinner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aria Sinner   Aria Sinner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aria Sinner
Page 1 of 1