RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lyric Vikram

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ikkacu

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 am

CHARACTER

Name:
Lyric Vikram

Species:
Faunus

Symbol:
Spoiler:

Second-Year Student

Appearance:
5'9, lightly tanned skin, Amber cat eyes, Curly dark brown hair, slightly shaggy. Outfit: Black shirt with light gray trim around the edges, dark grey baggy pants, wrapped below the knees with strips of leather, thick traveling boots.

History:
Lyric got in a lot of trouble when he was younger, due to the predatory looks of his Faunus traits, he was always singled out by other children for physical bullying, always responding with the same amount of physical force. This caused him to have to move schools many times, never really making many friends. After paying medical bills for the children that were hurt by Lyric, they were left with very little money, which forced him to learn to hide his Faunus traits, smiling without baring teeth, and using eyedrops to dilate his eyes to a point where they look human. This caution has led to him seeming anti-social. Due to his parents' lack of money, he was unable to buy or forge a multi-formed weapon, and instead has two throwing knives and a katana. To compensate for this, he has trained endlessly to mix the use of his weapons and his semblance into a seamless fighting style.

Personality:
People who truly know Lyric would describe him as very humorous, a trickster even, with a knack for terrible jokes, however, to any else, he would seem calm, cool, and reserved. Lyric enjoys combat, so much that he could be called bloodthirsty. He also cares for his belongings, especially his weapons, with an extreme intensity, because he knows that although his parents would buy anything for him, he knows they need the money.

Strengths:
Lyric has devoted himself to becoming a hunter, being very competent in a fight and in class. He is able to do this by being very adaptable to various situations, including judging different personalities. He also has some benefits from being a cat Faunus, he has the inherent superior vision of most Faunus, great flexibility, and heightened reflexes. This allows for Lyric to perform many air maneuvers, as well as catching a knife he has just teleported to.

Weaknesses:
Lyric tends to get lost in a fight, enjoying himself more than many are comfortable. When this happens, his pupils instantly shrink back to the cat-eye look, and he instinctively bares his teeth. This leads to him trying to focus on more than just the fight, which causes him to be a poor leader, and fight with less than what he is capable of. Due to the use of his eye drops, as long as they remain dilated, his vision is worse than an average human, making it much more difficult to track faster moving objects. His weapons are mundane weapons without any special properties, and thus cannot stick into anything stronger than packed earth, and so he is unable to anchor his dagger to many surfaces, and thus isn't able to have a reliable teleport point.

Semblance:
Lyric's semblance allows him to place his symbol on objects in a 3 inch by 3 inch square (this can wrap around curves, but not around corners or edges.) through touch of the hands, he then can teleport to just in front of the star in the center, the symbol then disappears. After teleportation, he is oriented with the symbol centered between his feet, he retains any momentum he had before, except it is redirected out from the star. He can only teleport up to 30 meters away, to teleport, he must be moving at at least a jogging pace and be focused. He can only keep 2 symbols active at a time.

WEAPON

Name:
N/A

Primary Form:
Two throwing knives & a long sword, sheathed on the back and at the waist. The knives have a special bulb of metal attached to the back that is sized so that he is able to place a symbol on them. This means that the blade is larger than most throwing knives to preserve the weighting. Lyric uses the throwing knives primarily to allow himself to use his semblance, placing the symbol and throwing them near or at an enemy. After he has thrown his knives, he would teleport to one of the two, pick them up, thus recreating the symbol, then he would throw them or drop them, then attack the enemy with the longsword. During battle, he tends to rely on his weapons for maneuverability, this is because he prefers to attack the enemy from a top-down angle, so that he can gain momentum to repeatedly teleport, so that he can have a continuous chain of teleports to confuse the enemy and target weak points.

Secondary Form:
N/A
Tertiary Form:
N/A

History:
Bought in a store

Last edited by ikkacu on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 am

I'd like to see you expand more on strengths and weaknesses. Adding some more battle oriented stuff for both. Example, being a cat faunus would make him more flexible and probably have night vision as well as maybe heightened senses in some points and perhaps adding more weaknesses that aren't just mentally driven. You might even like to add some mannerisms of his during battle such as being reliant on his weapons to teleport most of the time. (just an example)

Semblance seems fine but I'd like to see more description since you mentioned him throwing out his knives and placing a symbol there to further clarify stuff such as what kind of surfaces it must be. Only solid flat surfaces? (like portal?) Does he channel aura in his knife to put a symbol? that kind of stuff.

Double check your weapons, first it says two short swords in the first sentence but there's also a longsword near the end? And are you sure you want normal throwing knives? cuz most of the time (since you want them to embed in stuff for your semblance) they wouldn't stick on extremely tough concrete walls or steel surfaces (or maybe you accounted for that already so he'd resort touching the surface only which could also be added in weaknesses.)
Back to top Go down
ikkacu

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 am

I've added some more on his strengths and weaknesses. As for the semblance, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you've misunderstood, he places the symbol onto the knife, and then throws it that he can teleport to it at some point. However, I have clarified that he can place it on any 3x3 surface as long as there are no corners or edges.

The issue with the weapons was a typo, I originally had it so that he had two short swords, but I realized it would be unrealistic for him to be throwing knives as well as having two swords in his hands, so I changed it to one sword. The typo is fixed. The non-augmented knives were meant to make sense with the lack of money, as well as making it possible for him to mess up throwing.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Hmmm. Not sure about the size of the symbol since the knives have no defined size (3inches width?)but aside from that it seems good.

Approved +1
Back to top Go down
ikkacu

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:08 pm

I've changed the knives so that I can place a symbol on them while still making sense
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Things look okay to me. 2/2 and moved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lyric Vikram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lyric Vikram   Lyric Vikram Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lyric Vikram
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Creation :: Approvals :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: