RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Noble Eagle

A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Aria pulled her blade out of the beowolf and took a step back, letting it, along with the two others that were trying to bite through it to get to her, fall over in front of her. The Beowolf in front of her stopped their wild charge after Aria was able to get her footing again, and simply began to spread out around the perimeter to ensure that Jacob and Aria would have no place to run. "that thing must be coming back soon." She glanced over at Jacob to see him covered in blood, and seeming to be suffering from an injury, but it was hard to tell how much blood belonged t him, and how much belonged to the Beowolves. She retreated back to Jacob's side, still staying vigilant for enemy attacks. "can you still fight? " as she waited fro Jacob to respond, the monster Jacob had injured before began to pull itself out from underground several yards away from the Hunters. It was over half the size of the trees around them, and was dripping red ooze from it's jaws that sizzled and scorched the ground as it dripped down on it. The monster roared at the two again, it's breath wreaked like rotting corpses, just the intense smell alone burned the inside of Aria's nose. The young huntress looked at the creature up and down, trying to figure out what she was looking at. "Is that....even a Beowolf?" The howling creature bared it's fangs at the two, showing it's disfigured face for the first time. The usual red eyes of the beowolf were gone, replaces with open flesh wounds that had what seemed to be skull shaped sores inside of them. These soars bled constantly, like it was crying tears of crimson, it's unnatural growth causing the monster to turn rabid.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:33 am

"Get behind me" Jacob ordered, standing between the hideous mutant and Aria, gripping Jernulv in both hands and holding it before him "I'll get its attention, you shoot the thing once you have a good line of sight" he muttered, just loud enough for the girl to hear him. Without further explanation he charged forwards and brought the weapon down hard on the creature's skull, except the creature pulled back before the hit made contact. "Damn" Jacob grunted before the beast lashed out with its teeth, Jacob batted the attack aside and crouched, minimizing the target.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Aria paused for a moment and looked at her sword. "shoot it? But I can't...." before she could tell him that her weapon wasn't like most that were currently at beacon with secondary ranged gunfire modes, Jacob had already thrown himself at the creature. "when are boys going to learn that not all women love cannons?" She sighed and held her sword out in front of herself and began to let her aura flow through herself and into her weapon, a moment later the sword began to emit a loud high pitched ring. Wires began to fall off of "Needle" like thread coming off of a spool, and continued to do so until the weapon in her hands was nothing but floating silver strings around Aria. "thanks for the distraction, Jacob!" Her green eyes focused intently on the monster as she held her hand out towards it, the fluctuating sound wave made her wires dance and suddenly fly through the air at the Beowolf.

The sound seemed to bother the creatures sensitive hearing a good deal, making it take notice of the girl that was using her semblance. The threads flew fast and hard through the Grimm's arm, causing the section below it's right elbow to fall on the ground. The pain seemed to only make the monster angry as it rushed towards the girl. Aria reflexively guided the wires with her aura towards the Beowolf's head, and lassoed it's muzzle shut. The monster stopped as this happened and grabbed the wires around it's mouth with it's good arm. "So not good!" there was little she could do as the monster yanked the threads and sent Aria flying through the air with her own threads. The wires loosened as she was thrown onto the ground like a rag doll bouncing several times before finally stopping. Her aura did reduce the damage she took, but it still felt like she was hit by a truck. The disoriented huntress tried to scramble to her feet as the Beowolf turned and started after her again, but even so, the image of it was fuzzy at the moment. Her wires began to retract back to Aria, and once again weave into the shape of her sword again. She knew that trying to maintain her semblance after taking so much damage wouldn't be wise, she had taken one of it's arms, hopefully she wouldn't need more than her blade now. The ringing of her wires came to an end after they reformed "Needle" in her hand. "c'mon, is that all you got?" Brave words to be sure, but they only amount to so much when your seeing doubles of everything around you.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Jacob staggered around, clutching his Faunas ears, the sonic attack from Aria had played havoc with his wolf hearing. Jernulv lay on the ground where he'd dropped it. He gritted his teeth in pain, cursing. Behind him the mutant Grimm turned and thundered towards him, slamming into him and sending him careening into a nearby tree, the trunk splintered as he collided with it, splinters spiraling from the point of impact and showering the ground around him. Dazed and in pain he forced himself to his feet, only to see the grim thundering across the ground towards him
"Crap" was all he managed before the creature hit.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Aria's eyes widened as she saw Jacob get knocked around by the Grimm. "J-Jacob!" She called out to him too late, the Grimm kicked him hard as it ran towards her. All she could do to stop him from flying past was grabbing a hold of him mid air. His body hitting hers knocked the breath out of her again, and caused her to slide back on her heals until she was finally able to come to a stop. She didn't have enough time to check and see if he was okay, The Grimm was still coming towards them quickly. Aria set Jacob down carefully, "I'll be back, try to stay still..." she then moved towards the monster as it approached.

It's head shot down towards the huntress, opening its jaws as it did to try and consume Aria in one bite, so she decided to bet everything. She moved to the side at the last second, causing the creatures fangs to miss by a few mere inches. She moved the sheath in her right hand quickly, and jammed the end of it into the open wound on it's face that served as it's eye. It raised it's head violently at the pain and ended up taking Aria with it. She let go as it tossed it's head up in the air, launching her high above the grimm as a result. "You must have been hurting long before we got here....not even monsters should have to live like this!" she began to fall back down towards the grimm, raising "Needle" above her head and flipping the point of it's blade down to aim at the creature's skull while she fell. She landed on the top of it's head a moment later, her hands guiding "Needle" down through the monster's skull and into it's brain. The Grimm stopped moving after a moment, then staggered forward several heavy steps before falling over in front of Jacob.

Aria pulled her sword out of the now motionless creature's skull and dismounted it quickly, going over to check on the faunus boy. She lightly slapped his face a bit and tried to wake him up. "H-hey! Hey! C'mon.....wake up! Please don't be dead." the girl felt horrible about his injuries, she hadn't even thought about how her semblance would effect her partner, a possibly fatal error on her part. She looked around them and saw that the remaining beowolf had fled after their alpha had fallen. She started to tear up a bit waiting for a response from the faunus, anything that would show signs that he'd be alright.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:07 am

"I'm too stubborn to die" Jacob grunted, forcing himself to his feet and spitting a mouthful of blood onto the ground. His ears were still ringing slightly but the pain was beginning to ebb away, the beast had managed to catch him off guard while he'd been stunned by Aria's semblance. "You got it then" he grunted, noting the body of the mutant Grimm, its paws still twitching slightly. Jacob twisted to one side, his back clicking in several places, he winced slightly before rolling his shoulders "that's better" he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:34 am

Aria smiled as Jacob got to his feet, his bravado shining through his half dead appearance. "y-yeah, I got it." She let out a sigh of relief after he seemed like he was going to be fine for the moment. "Jacob....I'm sorry about, back there, I was thoughtless and that got you hurt. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" she asked, knowing that he had every right to be angry if he wanted to be. Though if he did have a request, she hoped it would have something to do with the infirmary back at school, because he was covered in blood and she was starting to worry again.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:43 am

Jacob shook his head for a few moments, like a dog shaking itself dry. The last of the ringing dispelled and he brightened up a little
"I'm fine" he smirked "I've been through worse" he added. He wandered over to the huge Grimm corpse "I may have to make something out of this" he muttered, examining the pelt "it'd be a shame to let it go to waste."
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:04 am

Aria giggled a bit as he inspected the pelt. "That's the only thing on your mind right now, huh?" She crossed her arms and took a more stern expression. "You can come back for it later. You've taken a lot of damage already, and I am going to be really upset if you pass out or something and I have to carry you back." She started pushing against his back to get him walking back to the path the led to school. "besides that, we need to tell Beacon about this thing, for all we know there could be more out here somewhere. Students are going to be in a lot of danger if that is the case."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:18 am

Jacob remained still, easily able to resist Aria's shoving
"You don't have to worry about me" he insisted, chuckling to himself at her attempts to move him. When she mentioned Beacon however he took on a more serious tone "Yeah, you're probably right" he walked over and retrieved Jernulv from the dirt and flipped the axe onto his back. Once the weapon was stowed he broke out into a lightning fast sprint "try to keep up" he called back, grinning.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Aria stumbled forward a bit as Jacob suddenly started moving. She smiled wide when he challenged her to a foot race. "who do you think your talking to anyway?" She pulled her sheath out of the creature's eye and slid "Needle" into it, then opened her green eyes, once again filled with fire as she began to run after Jacob. The distance between them quickly becoming smaller as she closed in. "I'll try not to leave you too far behind." She gave Jacob a playful push as she caught up to him, and then with a bit of a giggle she started to pull ahead.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:12 am

Jacob smirked before bounding into the trees overhead, bounding from branch to branch overhead, keeping pace with Aria.
"Not bad" he called down "but can you keep that kind of pace up?" Wolves were known for their endurance and ability to keep pace for long distances.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Aria thought about Jacob's question for a moment. She was already fairly worn out from their battle not too long ago. At the pace she was going now, she didn't have long before her stamina would give out. "Interesting question! You can outrun me in a marathon race..that is for sure." Aria cracked a grin and jumped onto a branch that was just in front of the one Jacob was heading to. "of course, knowing that, my best bet would just be stopping you, before I hit my breaking point, right?" She stood in wait for Jacob to try and move past, her smile seeming playful as she looked for his next move.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 1:56 pm

Jacob dropped down between two of the branches and gripped an overhanging branch, swinging forwards and letting go, causing him to sail through the air for a few moments. He landed and rolled, maintaining his pace, after a few moments though he skidded to a halt and turned to look back at Aria "coming?" he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 pm

She blinked a few times as Jacob maneuvered around her."what the....I thought you were a wolf faunus, not a monkey!" She looked through the branches of the forest for a moment. She could see the top Beacon academy from where they were. It reminded her of why they were heading back so quickly. "yeah, I'm coming." She jumped from the branch she was on and followed Jacob back to the academy. Her face was a light shade of red due to the frustration of losing her foot race with Jacob. "You got lucky is all that was, you understand?" she huffed a bit and crossed her arms as they walked into the academy.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 2:30 am

"Sure" Jacob chuckled "I have a habit of that" he added, nudging Aria. Beacon loomed ahead of them, its tall marble spires casting long shadows, like the fingers of some giant, reaching towards the forest. "Not sure what to make from the pelt" Jacob mused.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 am

Aria giggled a bit at Jacob's obsession with his pelts. Though the thought of the grimm itself was still on her mind. "hey....Jacob...what do you think of that Grimm? I just don't understand where it could have come from....It can't be natural, can it?" They began to close on the entrance to the school as they talked, getting wide eyed stares as the two teenagers strolled casually through the courtyard covered in beowolf blood.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:43 am

"Wasn't like any Grimm I've seen" Jacob grunted "there are bigger varieties in the North, but that one was... different, unnatural." He thought back to the crazed look in the beast's eyes "man made" he added bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:16 pm

She bit her lip as she remembered the sound of it's howl. It sounded like it was crying to her...though that could have just been her imagination. "that's...too cruel." She didn't normally have any sympathy for Grimm. They were the enemies of humanity, so naturally their relationship with humans would be hostile. Though whomever created such a monster...well...there was no way that they could be called human either. "Ya'know, if my father was here right now....he'd probably be scolding me for hesitating. Any huntress worth her salt would be ready to chase the enemies of humanity through hell and back!" She smiled and looked up at Jacob. "So I think that is what I'll do..."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:25 pm

"Sounds like a plan" Jacob replied, smirking "if you need a hand, let me know" he added with a wink. His ears twitched slightly, still recovering from the sonic assault from earlier, he'd probably be fine by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]   A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Game of Grimm and Hunter [Invite only]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2