RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wine tasting (Closed)

Go down 
+6
maestema
FunkyMonkey
Wei Tzu
Skylight
Sumdumguy
Kail Christensen
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
maestema

Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:54 am

As the others went ahead on a drinking spree, Kandata decided to take it slow and make the most it. After all, it's not like they could literally finish all these wines. He scanned the table and grabbed a bottle of wine not minding what it is, as long as it's wine, that's all that matters. He poured it on his glass and took a small sip of it.

He then partially sat on the table, lightly shaking his glass, while eyeing the other participants. "This'll be interesting..." He smirked.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 am

Arriving a bit late, Alonso dashes past the entrance only to be suddenly enthralled by the permeating smell of alcohol in the air. Looking at the guests he realizes that he's met a couple of them during the past ball and a few new faces were around as well. Ahh, beautiful women and wine. What a wonderful combination. Spotting his first dance partner taking a sip from some wine of a table he decides to say hi but only after playing around a bit. As he got behind her he places his hands on her waist and says, "Fancy meeting you here, Alex. I didn't know you were a connoisseur of fine wine."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:13 am

Alexandra suddenly felt a pair of hand on her waist and was caught by surprise. Still, she had a good guess of who it was. Putting down her wine glass, she turned around. "Alonso. Hi!" Alex held his hands from her waist, but she was glad to see a familiar face. Well, there were several familiar faces: Fionn and Li to name a few, but Alonso felt much more familiar than the others. "Well, now you know one more thing about me," she replied playfully. Alex took a brief glance at the scroll in her purse. "Hmm. Fashionably late isn't quite your style." Holding her wine glass to his lips, she said "Here, why don't you get started." She reached for another wine glass.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:15 am

Lightning had finished her glass and shut the bottle, going over to a table with various whiskies and seeing someone there already, she smiled at her(Alicia) and poured herself a glass.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 am

Accepting the wine glass from Alexandra he lifts it up and says, "Well, I guess that's true. I got a bit...lost finding the way here." Truth is he lost track of time at a nearby park when he started flirting with a girl. Before he knew it it was already late and she'd already left by then. Well, it's not a complete loss. There are plenty of women here. Downing the drink in one go he smiles as he takes another. "Not bad but it's as if we're being forced to drink these since there aren't any spitoons nearby. Not that I'm complaining but...nevermind."
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:13 am

Blaise took the wine she was offered and took a quick swig of it, downing the liquid after giving it a few seconds to sit in her mouth. "Ooohhh, it's quite sweet actually." she said, looking over to Fionn and handing him the bottle back. "I should let you have some, since it is your favorite. I should probably get a bottle of this for my little sister, the only alcohol she drinks is wine anyways, and she's... obsessed with sweet things." she said with a little smile. "How much of this do you think I can manage to take home with me?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 am

"Depends on how much you want to bring really, but considering how hard you punch I'm fairly certain you could take everything here in one trip." Fionn said in his usual semi-ironic sounding voice as he took a long swig of wine before lowering it from his lips as he sent his left arm up to wipe his mouth in a swift motion.

"Anyway, try this one, it's a lot more like normal Alcohol." He said now handing her a different wine, this one filled with fermented grapes but a different breed leading to a much more bitter taste (but still very pleasant tasting). "Hey I just realized, you've never told me about your sister."
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Blaise smiled and took the drink, gulping down another swig before stopping to think about it. "Eh, I'm not a fan of bitter things. I prefer salty or sour things really." she said, looking at Fionn. "And my sister? She's... cruel. Not exactly the nicest person but she hasn't exactly had the nicest past either. Grew up around negativity, didn't exactly have me around to help her with it until we found each other at Beacon this year, just a few weeks in. Hell, I thought she died eight years ago, and vice versa for her." Blaise handed the bottle back to Fionn and took the other one she drank from to take home with her. "But we're together again and I do my best to make her happy. It's all I can do for just up and vanishing on her."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:45 pm

"Damn Blaise, that's harsh, losing family is, at least in my experience, one of the more painful feelings you can have, I'm glad to hear the two of you are together again though." Fionn said with a genuinely concerned voice as he took a drink from the bottle Blaise passed back, the two of them obviously not caring about all the germs that come from drinking out of the same bottle.

"Anyway, salty and sour is what you want eh? Then try this one." He said now picking up and uncorking a large bottle of wine labeled "lemon", which was of course filled with a Lemon wine, combining a taste of Sour and Salty exquisitely well as he attempted to bring the conversation away from the crippling depression the comes with family death.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:49 pm

Alicia had taken it easier on her second glass, sipping it instead of downing it in one go. The pleasant warmth that had rooted itself on her stomach was beginning to spread, giving her a light buzz and a pretty good mood.
Someone else, a girl, approached, and Alicia raised her eyebrows and smiled, unaware that she may have looked a bit threatening earlier.
The girl had pink hair, oddly enough, and looked human. That fact made Alicia's smile shrink ever so slightly, and her wing feathers to press down, as if that would make them less noticeable.
Despite this, she still smiled and said, "Hello," to the newcomer. "Are the wines any good?"
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Alex lightly giggled.  "Careful now, Alonso, you don't want to get too drunk and black out before you get to taste all of the wines."  Having already poured out another small draught of wine, she sipped a little, barely allowing the wine to get past her lips.  "Full-bodied, and flavorful," she said, looking at the wine in the glass in her hands.  "Alright Alonso, I'll leave you to it.  There are plenty of fine wines, among the many other fine things in this room, just waiting for you to try them."  With that, she turned and walked away in that elegantly attractive manner of hers towards the far side of the table.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Lightning nodded gently to the other person as she put the glass to her lips and downing her glass in one, instantly feeling a burning sensation rush down her throat, but she was ready for it "They don't make as much of a kick as these though." she gestured to the table in front of them, refilling her glass and saying "The name's lightning, friends...or people who are too drunk to say it fully... call me light, what's yours?" she said with a genuine smile on her face, unfazed by Alicia's previous expressions, and not a hint of racism could be detected from her.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Waiting for me to try them. eh? That girl seriously interests me in the most peculiar of ways.

Looking around the room Alonso spots a familiar sight, large beautiful wings, a familiar smile, surely this was on of the guests at the ball and with her was someone he had yet to meet. Taking a glass of wine he walks over to their position with head held high and chin raised yet not in the least bit looking smug or proud, more as if he were bearing an aura of confidence. Upon hearing the pink-haired girl say her name he decides to take that as his cue and says, "Lightning, what a beautiful name, surely a name fitting for such a woman. And Alicia, if I recall correctly I believe we met at the ball the other night."

(OOC:Just assuming they met already since this event takes place after the ball.)
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

"Lightning," Alicia said slowly, as if feeling the word in her mouth. Seemingly satisfied, the avian smiled wider, more comfortable now that she knew no negative comments or body language came from the girl. Her feathers fluffed to a more comfortable shape, and re-folded themselves subconsciously. A lot of their activity was involuntary, actually, like breathing. They adjusted when they wanted to, but she could still control them (well, most of the time).
Nodding, she tilted her glass toward Lightning in greeting. "I'm A-"
It was then that a tall, handsome dancer interrupted them, Alicia having recognized him from the ball. Gesturing one arm toward him, then letting it drop, she said, "Well, yes. You're the dancer from the ball, right? The one with the swords? I don't think I ever got your name."

((OOC Sure, why not))
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:45 pm

"Ahh, Sorry about that. I get distracted so easily distracted by beautiful women such as yourselves that I forget all about introducing myself." He said after taking a quick sip from his wine glass. "I'm Alonso Quixano, and yes I was the dancer at the ball." Smiling as he said that he reaches for another glass on the table, putting aside the one earlier. This is a wine tasting after all, might as well make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Thorn shrugged and began to pull Aph by his hand over to a table that was bountiful with wine. She gazed upon the beauteous sight that was alcohol. She then turned to Aphelion and said, "You really should get something more formal, look at me who got all dolled up, and then there's you." She then giggled and pat Aphelion on the shoulder saying, "Just kidding, you could never look terrible."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 pm

"Ahaha~ Thanks, coming from a cutie like you." Aphelion chuckled as he took a bottle of wine, carefully examined it, made sure it was ice cold before pressing it against Thorn's cheek and took a drink of it.

"...Huh, it's kinda sweeter than usual." he said, remarking his new discovery.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Blaise took the wine she was handed and drank a small portion of the contents of the bottle before shivering contentedly. "Oh yeah, this is good stuff!" she said, looking at the bottle and memorizing the brand and label almost completely. "I've been looking for stuff as good as this for a while now!" she said, handing the bottle back to Fionn. "I'll be sure to buy plenty of this stuff when I get the chance to." she said with a giggle. She really did love that kind of drink, and maybe she and her little sis could share some together one day? Blaise hoped so. "So what else have you got, Fionn?" she asked, not looking fazed from any of the alcohol in the slightest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 pm

"Here you can take it if you like it so much, to be truthful I'm trying to cut down on how much I drink y'know? When your drunk streaks are two weeks straight you know it's time to cut down." Fionn said before chuckling and taking a drink of the lemon wine, savoring the sour taste as he threw the drink into the air with a fancy flip, catching it and slipping it into one of the deep pockets on the coat of the girl he admired, making bad jokes in his mind about "deep pockets" and how much they would "be able to hold".

"What else I've got? Well that's a question few are brave enough to ask Blaise." He said before laughing again and arching his back, cracking his knuckles with his arms outstretched in-front of himself. "Well if you want I have a bunch of other alcohols on that table down there, and my satchel is filled with beer." He said pointing down the hall at the table that had attracted several of the others with its harder liquors before slipping his hand into his satchel, fingers wrapped around a beer in case Blaise happened to fancy one.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

Having left Alonso alone with the drinks and women, Alexandra continued to try some of the wines.  Again, she allowed herself to take only slightest sips so as to stay away any onset of inebriation.  Swishing the wine in her glass, she felt she could use some different company.  She didn't want to interrupt all of the other people in their developing groups, so she looked around the room.  Alex spotted Li, who appeared so very deeply absorbed in the wine tasting, and decided to go talk to him (or is it her)?

"Hey Li.  So what do you think about the wines?" she said cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 12:30 am

She smirked lightly, blushing "Well I don't mind, uh, Alonso, it's a pleasure to.meet you." she raises a glass gently and sips from it.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 am

The effeminate man had been in the middle of raising his glass, but stops short as the rim reaches his lips when he hears his name being called. "Hm?" he responds, turning to look at whoever had addressed him. "Oh, Alex, I must have missed you earlier," he says, a mirthful expression in place at the site of a familiar face. "These wines are marvelous. Such amazing combinations of tastes and textures, and that's only with the four that I have tried."
Back to top Go down
http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:45 am

"I know, right" said Alex, smiling with dignified excitement.  She took a sip from the glass in her hand.  "Ok ok, so I know you said you've only tried four so far, but which one is your favorite?"  Before he could say anything in response, Alexandra cut him off, "Hold that thought, stay right here.  I'll be right back!"  She returned to the opposite end of the table where she drank the Agiorgitiko and poured some into a glass.  Alex walked back towards Li.  "You have to try this." she held out the glass. with one hand, holding onto her own with the other.  "Tell me what you think before you say which is your favorite."
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 am

Kandata, already bored at watching the others, decided to finally socialize with the others. He then approaches a group of individuals, a tall, handsome guy, a delicate pink haired lady, and an elegant winged fauna.

"Why, hello there, ladies, and gent." The red haired boy greeted them. "Pardon me for the intrusion, but, yeah, I'm kinda feeling out of place here, so might as well make some acquaintances. Hope you guys don't mind." He smiled at them and takes a sip from the glass he's holding.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:48 am

(OOC- Delicate, lol)
Lightning turned slightly to see an older boy greeting her and the others, smiling, she nodded to him, sipping her drink and saying "These things can be awkward, yeah...."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:54 am

"I don't mind at all." Alonso said to the boy with red hair. After taking another sip he starts feeling the alcohol kick in and laughs a bit."Anyways, I've been thinking. Why do they call this a wine tasting if after just a few glasses you can't taste anything at all?" He says taking one more sip from his glass.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 6:58 am

"Yeah... awkward." Kandata said feeling awkward. Taking another sip from his glass, Kandata replied to the man. "Well, I guess 'tasting' is just something to cover it up, haha."

"Anyway, nice to meet you all, name's Kandata." He introduced himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wine tasting (Closed)   Wine tasting (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wine tasting (Closed)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next