RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Present Of The Past (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Present Of The Past (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:45 pm

Raven walks along the paved pathway of the park. It is a bright, early afternoon and he had been practicing with his skateboard. After a while of it, he decided to get off and head to a bench to sit down. Spotting one, Raven walks toward it.
As he sits down, he does not notice someone he passed looking at him.
A little, blonde-haired girl he knows all too well, despite his inability to notice her...
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Aria was playing kickball with a few students who decided to go goof off that day. The students were using trees, and benches for bases. Her green eyes were lit up with determination as per usual. "this one is going to the birds!" the girl claimed as the pitcher wound up and rolled the ball. She rotated to plant her foot into the side of the ball when she saw something out of the corner of her eye...someone familiar. This person drew her attention away for a split second and caused her foot to veer slightly off course, the rubber ball was sent flying regardless, but not up like she had intended, instead it flew out and smashed in the first baseman's face like a train, making him do a short back flip before the ball bounced away again and rolled over in front of Raven's feet. "GWAAAAAH, YOU'VE KILLED ME!" Aria jogged by the poor boy that had blood squirting out of his face. "walk it off and rub some dirt in it." She giggled a bit as she made her way over to the familiar face and grabbed the dodge ball off the ground. Her eyes looked him over to make sure it was really him....but he was hard to miss. His bandanna,his skateboard, his weapon, everything was very similar to how he looked three years ago. "Raven?.." she asked, still a bit shocked to see him. Aria's cloths weren't the same as back then. After all, she was just wearing the cafe uniform..but the white sword and sheath from that day was still resting comfortably on her back, the sheath only loosely hanging by the string that looped over her chest. She smiled after she was sure it was him. "wow...it's been a long time, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:22 pm

The man on the bench jumps a tiny bit and then looks up at the girl. How does this girl know my name? Don't tell me I forgot who this is... Raven glances at the sword grip sticking out from behind her shoulder. Beautiful weapon this girl has...  He blushes in embarrassment under his facial-covering for forgetting someone.  "Eh-Ah-I'm sorry, I don't recognize you. H-how do I-.."
Raven's eyes widen a little as he notices that he has seen the girl's weapon before. "..Y-..you're the girl! A-um~..A-Aria!"
This girl grew,
Raven thinks.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Aria pouted a bit as Raven scrambled to try and remember who she was, it was actually somewhat entertaining to watch. Though her face did seem to brighten up as he finally remembered. She sat down next to Raven and smiled at him. "yup! Sure is! I meant to find you after that whole incident...but I didn't get your scoll info...and I kind of stopped working at the cafe..so..yeah.." She couldn't help but laugh a bit at the chances of finding him. "How have you been all this time? Not still moping I hope."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Raven remembers the feeling he felt the last time he saw Aria. "Um~n-no, I'm fine!" He sits back up and his eyes look better as he loosens up (by his standards) around the familiar face. "Actually, I graduated Beacon last year and I currently take assignments." He looks back at Aria, into her eyes. "You're what, now? 16? 17?" Raven never knew Aria's age and assumed that she was 12 or 13 but, with how she changed-not just...well...in height, he thinks he should bump the estimate up by a year and then add the three in between the two times they met.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Aria turned a dark shade of red once he tried to guess her age, his words made her feel very young. It was hard for her to tell if Raven was seeing the same little girl from three years ago, or the budding young woman in front of him. "I-...I turn sixteen this year thank you! But...This is actually my first year at Beacon ....they usually don't let girls my age start classes there, but I've had a lot of field experience within a personal security company called "Oxygen", and I guess they thought I needed to be moved ahead a couple years. I found out that the company does seem to have some kind of association with the hunter program, so I guess it makes sense." She blushed a bit as she spoke, getting moved ahead was a bit of an awkward topic for her. She enjoyed working for what she wanted, skipping grades like that felt like she had cheated somehow. "Everyone is so much stronger at Beacon though, and I've been a little obsessed with proving myself, picking fights has kind of set me at odds with some of my classmates as well." A light shade of red still stayed on her face for a while, it was a bit embarrassing to talk about her more tomboyish passions, and how they seemed to drive her actions. "come to think of it...since you graduated already, You must have some interesting stories. So c'mon, spill it, I want to hear what my young hero has been up to!" Her mentor used the phrase "young hero" a good deal, but Raven was the first person that Aria herself had applied it to. He did save her life after all, so it only felt natural. "I'll even make you a deal, you tell me about a difficult assignment, and you can ask me any question you like. Sound fair?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:42 pm

"I-...I turn sixteen this year thank you!"
Okay-so I was way off... Raven listens to the girl with open ears, despite them being mostly covered by his hair. His voice is much less shaky now. "You're an operative for Oxygen? I knew they were more open to younger members but...I didn't think they came as young as you."
Raven remembers his time at Beacon when Aria tells him about how her's is going so far. "When I went there, I let my performance in class do the talking. You may find that the teachers don't only say that for the sake of keeping fights down." Raven looks out in front of him. His posture of sitting up straight with his hands on his thighs starts to slacken. He then stiffens back up when he is referred to by the girl as her 'young hero.' Why the nickname? Actually...why that nickname? Raven does not have that much time to think about that, though. He is thrown into a sort of challenge of information with the girl. Very well, he thinks.
"A difficult assignment? Like, one I've taken since graduation or before?"
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Aria thought for a moment and smiled. "before graduation. I wanna know what kind of stuff I'm in for."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Raven mentally breathes a sigh of relief. "Well...I wouldn't recommend being a listen-only student. That may...kinda get a beowolf sent after you. The teacher one time just told me to step up to the front of the class when she had no volunteers for something and then a cage door swung open and-..." Raven pauses for a moment.
"I didn't have my carbine loaded at the time so I-I had to take it down from its charge with my knife..."
He remembers the incident well. It really was one of the moments he let his actions show his prowess in combat. Not that it was his decision to anyway. The beowolf came at him so he drew Bravoure, used his semblance to bend backward under the grimm's sweeping strike while giving its leg a cut, and got himself the advantage with it. As the beast started to turn around, it was met with the carbon steel blade to the soft part of its jaw and flipped forward to acquaint its back with the ground. Outside, Raven looked like the baddest mother in the class. Inside, he practically defecated himself and only missed getting swiped by the beowolf because of reflexive movements.
"Moral of the story is that it's best to do your fair share of participation...or else..." The conversation is light-hearted but Raven's voice is not really so.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 8:36 am

Aria giggled a bit as Raven finished his story. She remembered the knife he spoke of as well, Like Aria does with most any blade she comes across. However the knife itself seemed to be more than a mere trinket to him. "Bravery....that is what the inscription on your knife means...right?" She knew a bit of french, at least enough to recognize a few words. It was a bit odd though, the inscription. She assumed that someone had given him the knife, a family member or loved one, but even so, usually an endearing inscription would have a name or maybe a loving note engraved on the steel. "Would you mind if I asked who gave it to you?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:36 pm

When Raven is asked about Bravoure, he unsheathes his knife enough to look at the inscription and then slides it back in 100%. Then he looks over at the girl again. "-How did you-?..."
She remembered it had an inscription on it? I didn't even think she paid that much attention to it.
"Fearless, to be more precise. Intrepid means 'fearless.'"
But, when Aria asks a question about him, he raises his palm to her and speaks in his normal, soft voice. "I believe it was my turn to ask a question. If you answer mine, I'll answer that one..." Raven lowers his hand and thinks a minute until he finds a question that really has him curious.
"What age did you start operating with Oxygen?"
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 10:04 am

Aria smiled a bit and kicked her feet back and forth while she thought about that question. "when I first started, huh." her expression took on a more solemn tone as she spoke, and her memories began to clearly pass through her mind. "I started working for Oxygen when I was eleven....We actually met about a couple weeks after my one year anniversary with them." She looked over at Raven and guessed that he was probably having a difficult time believing her. "If your wondering why they let a little girl join their ranks so casually, they didn't, not at first anyway. People were targeting my family because they found out my father was operating against them. We moved around a lot....another agent usually stayed and watched over us while he was away." She sighed a bit. "I knew he had to go...but feeling so helpless, It was an awful feeling that sat in the pit of my stomach, it was scary, I could hardly even sleep at night." Aria reached back and ran her fingers along needle's hilt for a moment. "The agent who watched us found me clinging to Needle and crying one night. He asked me what was the matter, I told him I would rather be dead than live in fear anymore, I told him that I was running away. I thought he was gonna yell at me and tell me to stay home, but he just laughed and told me that I reminded him of my dad. When I left home that night...he wouldn't stop following me. I kept telling him that I didn't need his help, but he wouldn't bug off. I told him that if he wanted to keep following me, then he would have to help me go after the people that were trying to hurt my family. He agreed, and started training me to fight. After that, I was the one following him everywhere. He let Oxygen know that I was being taught as his apprentice, and that was that. It sounds kind of strange, I know....but agents of a certain rank are allowed to give the tittle of apprentice to one person in their career, even the higher ups don't have the authority to interfere with that decision once it's made.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 3:57 pm

After Aria mentions their own meeting he can't help but think That's really young...
Raven quietly listens until the girl finishes. "So I've heard. My betters require us to read up on the various files on different world matters. Oxygen included. I didn't know apprentices came in ages that young, though...Figured there was a rule about it to some extent." Raven leans back against the bench for a few seconds before unexpectedly speaking.
"...Bravoure...that is what means 'Bravery'...it's the name of my knife, actually. And nobody gave it to me..." Without looking, Raven leans forward and pulls Bravoure from its sheath and then lifts it to inspect the inscription while pinching high on the back of the blade with his middle, and index, finger and thumb. "...I made it myself;...studied under my uncle for two years in metal working, like most of my other cousins, and made my carbine..." Raven pauses another couple of seconds and spins the blade around his finger backward once with its ring guard before speaking again. "...Made my knife a good two years after Faire Taire." Raven spins the knife forward twice and then slips it back in the sheath around his forearm. He does not mention the taijitu incident behind it. It is embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 12:13 pm

she giggled a bit when he voiced his thoughts about the inner workings of Oxygen. "I am The youngest operative Oxygen has ever had so far I think. They weren't Happy when my mentor told them my age either." Her eyes drifted over to Raven's knife as he pulled it from it's sheath. How he held it made her smile a bit, his hands were familiar with it, so as it spun around his fingers, she thought the knife looked like it belonged there."So...I am a little curious. Who do you answer to now that you've graduated from Beacon? Oxygen has special handlers that give field agents missions and do light recon and intelligence gathering. They also monitor the mental state of our agents as they work with them." She sighed a bit as she thought of the one that she dealt with. "the one that deals with me and my mentor is especially annoying. I never seem to know when or where she'll pop up. I can never really get a good read on her either, she's like sphinx."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 3:01 pm

[Guess:]
Spencer looks over at Aria. "We generally receive messages on our scrolls whenever we are given an assignment. Some of us are personally assigned a job while others are just put up for offers on taking it. They come from a sort-of manager for the jobs once everything is in order about them." Now that it is his turn again, he thinks.
"I saw that you are able to wield your blade in strips earlier. Is your sword made a certain way to accommodate your semblance(?) or does it just...work that way?"
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 5:07 pm

Aria glanced back at her sword for a moment as he asked her about it. "I actually don't know very much about Needle. Though I have noticed that it feels like my semblance responds to it, rather than Needle responding to my semblance. All I know is that this weapon wasn't made especially for me, the original owner probably has a similar ability to mine though." she reached back to take the hilt of needle, small threads wrapping themselves around her fingers as her hand drew the sword from it's sheath and held it out in front of her. The blade rang out with a soft and steady tone while she held it in her hand. "My semblance isn't moving the string itself....it's producing sound waves. I can channel my aura into this and make Needle produce them as well. the sound waves create pressure, I use that pressure to manipulate the strings around needle." The ringing from needle became considerably louder as the threads began to peel off the blade and dance around them in the air. A moderately strong breeze passed over the two on the bench from the pressure of the sound waves moving the air around them. "I want to find out more about Needle...but I can hardly find a trace of the people who made this style of weapon. I've been getting the feeling that something horrible happened to them, but I might never find out." She looked over at Raven as the threads slowed their motion and began to wrap around the blade again. "Needle used to have a home with people who called themselves Soul Weavers, now I'm all that the poor thing has. Even so, he's still very loyal to me, and I really appreciate that."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 12:18 pm

"-You're like my cousin." The statement completed right after Aria's final one comes out in probably the calmest manor Raven is capable of. For once, it is normal-sounding.
"He's always referring to his weapons as 'hers' too." Raven really does not understand Spencer sometimes. In both good and bad ways. "He cleans them every day, even when he hasn't left Beacon, and always makes sure to touch up any scratches on their sides from drawing them..." Raven seems to have returned to his previous, semi-calm state.
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 1:16 pm

Her face broke out into a blush as he comments on her being like his cousin. She listened intently though as Raven's tone seemed to become more relaxed, maybe talking about family was soothing to him, at least that was her guess. "It sounds like me and your cousin would get along." she giggled a bit and slid needle back into it's sheath. "Needle has been my partner for a long time now. It would be very cruel of me to not care for him, and treat him like I would treat myself...at least that is how I've always seen it." She smiled a bit and thought for a moment. Now that Raven had mentioned his cousin, something about when they had first met seemed to stick out in her mind. "would you mind telling me more about your family?" She asked out of her own curiosity, but Aria also just enjoyed seeing Raven be at ease when he spoke to her.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:27 pm

When Aria mentions that she would probably get along well with his cousin, Raven just shrugs. "He's a first year at Beacon with you and has a personality of crimson. With how he is, you shouldn't have much trouble picking him out with those hints even if he lacked a jacket similar to mine."
After the question is asked, he hesitates. "I-it was my turn but-..." Raven caves. "...They can be pretty insane sometimes. My mother's side of the family are the Rouge's so, while a lot of people with strong ties to Vale also often have a little bit of Rouge blood in them, my father directly married into them. You'd expect their first-and only-child to take after the dominant genes of my mother's side but it seems I took after more of my father's side than my mother's and mostly take after neither but my own self. It's very strange, how I turned out." Raven looks in front of the two and watches as a squirrel bravely jumps the gap between the branches of two trees. He rests his arm along the length of the bench's back rest. "The Rouge side of my family is filled with warriors. All of the males in it are either like human-weapons or dedicate their lives to something warrior-related. Each one specializes in a type of firearm; each one is marked with a jacket like the one I'm wearing. They are all very rowdy and harsh, and yet...a majority of them are some of the best people you'll meet. They're the type of people that could insult someone and any normal person would smile and have to hold back laughter until they cried. Two of them would disagree with this statement, because they're marines, but you could never have a better friend, no worse enemy...than a Rouge."
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Aria blinked a few times as she thought on his explanation. His family sounded a lot like her own, but the way he explained it, made it feel like he thought he was the black sheep of the family. "Why do you think you turned out strangel-...I...I mean...sorry, it's your turn." she laughed a bit, but it was clear that she wanted to know, but the game was meant for each of them to get to know each other, so she elected to patiently wait for his question.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Raven chuckles and raises his palms to Aria. "I-it's alright. I haven't thought of a question yet a-anyway." He attempts to regain his composure again.
"...I was never as flamboyant as the rest of my family members. I don't have nearly as strong of will as them and they generally overlap on me. To my family I'm some...success story but...truth is, I'm not like either side of my family. I'm still not like them even after I became someone different. I'm a warrior but I'm not like the usual Rouge."
A question comes to mind, finally.
"Hey...what's your family like? Were you able to see them since you left?"
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Aria smiled a bit when he gave his explanation, but a small giggle escaped when he asked her about her own family. "I have only been able to talk to my parents on the phone, or over a com channel. I've seen both of my siblings since I ran off though. They chased me down as soon as they heard I had ran away from home. I have a older brother, and an older sister. I love em to death...but I wish they wouldn't fight each other so much. We couldn't even have dinner without having a full contact sparring match to see who got the last piece of mom's cake." she couldn't help but laugh at some of the memories. "My whole family is really funny....but daddy is by far the goofiest of us. He's always smiling, even when he came home from missions, he would crack a lot of jokes about mom's cooking that make her really angry." Her face flushed a bit as she thought about that for a moment. "I....I think he only did that so h-he could have......w-well....a-angry sex mom..." her head slumped down and she let out a sigh "I'm pretty sure my whole family is shameless like that though, not just daddy. Mom has more than a few anger issues, and is the only reason that there is any kind of order in our house." Her face began to grow more red as she spoke about the more embarrassing aspects of her family. "She is a really well known archaeologist though. She's donated a lot to the museums around vale...and a-also...sold certain things to black market buyers. She was actually the one who uncovered Needle in the first place, she said I could keep it as long as I don't scold her about her questionable activities as much.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Raven blushes at the angry sex part. WHY DOES SHE TELL ME THAT?!
He is surprised at how similar his mother is to her's, though. His cousin's may be a bit of a far cry from Aria's siblings but their mothers are very similar in their dispositions.
"I wouldn't know anything about archaeology." Raven lifts his thumb and then taps the back rest with it. "My mother...she's a cold woman...to say th-the least..my father and I both know it. The..'Spartan mothers' of the Rouge family are generally a little on the harsh side but are still loving mothers, but my own mother is on a different level from them. I love her but...she's an ice queen..."
Back to top Go down
Noble Eagle

Noble Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Aria nodded a bit, realizing that their families actually had a similar structure to it. "I guess we have a lot in common, huh?" she giggled a bit and pulled her scroll out of her pocket. "hey, listen, Raven, one more question, er, I guess it's more of a request. Lets not lose contact this time, kay?" she navigated the screen to the section where one could input a friends scroll information and held it out towards Raven. Her face lit up with a bright blush as she waited for an answer from him. oh, wait...I'm asking for his number! Isn't this supposed to be the other way around?...but...but that is only if you're flirting, which I'm not, right? Does this count as flirting!? her eyes seemed to grow wider as these questions ran through her mind.

Last edited by Noble Eagle on Thu May 08, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:50 pm

As Raven pulls out his scroll, he seems quite calm and collected.But, when he sees Aria blushing up a storm, he reverts back to his...normal self...and is very glad, at this moment, to have his bandanna still on, for it hides the bright red beneath. Eh-u-I-I-I am, l-like, s-six years o-older than you!
He takes Aria's scroll and hands his over. The only decoration added to it is the logo for a company, specializing in assault weapons, on the back. "Fragtech."
"H-here. J-j-just..yeah..." Raven tries to get more out but fails miserably and decides to do what any grade-F socializer would do and simply give up on saying directions to do something that Aria likely already knows how to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Present Of The Past (Closed)   Present Of The Past (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Present Of The Past (Closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next