RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Defense of Sleep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

In Defense of Sleep Empty
PostSubject: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Four beds. One window. Desks. It was the standard configuration of most of the dorm rooms in Beacon.

Of course, the team that occupied the room that Leonius stepped into after turning the extra-reinforced handle of the steel-cored door wasn't... exactly standard. He still wore his toga trabea from the ball, but Sum Sine Sceleri sang to him remotely within the reinforced walls that surrounded the dorm. Only three beds occupied the room, one fairly broad and built extra-sturdy. On one wall, where a closet might have been, a metal... container of some sort jutted from the structure of the dorm, with a sturdy metal chair with a thin back sitting next to it.

This was not, after all, the standard team.

And that was precisely why Leonius smiled under his mask as he sat in his throne- chair and reviewed dossiers on the two members of his team he hadn't yet met, waiting for everyone to make their way there, waiting with raised head and Toga draped dramatically, looking every bit the part of an emperor of machines...

... In his mind, anyway...

Last edited by Vox on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:00 pm

El Taladro enters the room with his gym bag of clothes. He sees the large bed, which he assumes to be his and drops his bag on top of it. He then notices his partner seated on a chair next to a large block of metal. "Amigo! It's good to see you. Are you... Are you wearing our curtains?" El Taladro asked, perplexed.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 pm

"It is a toga trabea... The toga is the garb... of my homeland..." Leonius sighed. "I was at the... formal ball..."

He smiled wearily under his mask at the mention of the ball, and looked around.

"As you can see, they had been... prepared..."
Back to top Go down
ChaosPhoenix11

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 7:38 pm

With a slight tap at the door as he walked in, Chaos entered to greet his new teammates, only to be met with two hulking individuals, one in a big cloth resembling a toga, with what looked to be some kind of apparatus on his head.

"So... Team Rocket, is it? I'm Chaos. Don't even ASK me where Gray is."
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:58 am

"Hola, muchacho! You must be our teammate. I am..." El Taladro paused for effect. "EL TALADRO QUE PERFORA EL CIELO! What is your name?" He struck a pose and held it while he asked Chaos his question.
Back to top Go down
ChaosPhoenix11

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 1:25 am

"Yeah... Like i said, the name's Chaos. That was a little dramatic, but i suppose that's just your style. Is there anything i can call you that's less than 5 syllables?"
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:19 am

"El Taladro... is only four..." Leonius's voice betrayed his amusement as he rose, nodding to the smaller man.

Tall. Thin. What little research Leo had been able to do, and what footage he was able to reveal suggested he was agile and slippery, possible in a way he and perhaps even El Taladro were... not.

"Chaos Baxter... age sixteen... shotgun user." Leo nodded as he spoke, his words interrupted periodically by the steady breaking of his speech by breath and hissing of his suit. "Greetings... I am... Leonius Decimi Regulus... Leader of the team... though that matters little... All lead... in their own ways..."
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 pm

El Taladro looked towards Leo, "I am a lot older than four Amigo." He turns back to Chaos and grins. "It is good to meet you muchacho!"
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Leonius tilted his head at his friend, wondering before he caught the wording. "... Oh," was all he said, as his palm met his face and he sunk back down in his chair, barely suppressed snickers audible under his mask. "... Right. This... is why my teachers... told me I'd never be... an orator..."
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 12:41 pm

"The speech you gave during our first match of initiation shows otherwise." El Taladro said, thinking back to the glorious moment.
Back to top Go down
ChaosPhoenix11

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 6:54 pm

"Can't say i'm familiar with that speech. You seem like a smart enough guy, if only burdened by your condition."

Chaos cracks his neck and looks around the relatively bare room.

"Well i assume we'll all have our own 'space', so who gets where?"
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 am

"That is, for you to decide. Though El Taladro, seems to have claimed his bed, and the chair... and meditation chamber... are mine... The latter of which... is necessary for my life... support."

He bowed his head, sighing.

"It has taken up... the weapons locker's... space... unfortunately..."
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:53 pm

"This is of no concern to me." El Taladro announced as he grabbed his bag and stowed it under the large bed. "I'm sorry amigo, but I think this bed is the only one that I will fit in."
Back to top Go down
ChaosPhoenix11

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 8:57 pm

"It's no problem. As long as your 'life support' isn't horribly loud, particularly when i try to sleep, we won't have an issue." Chaos smiles at Leo and tosses his bag onto the furthest bed, closest to the wall on the opposite side.

He sits down and pulls Onyx and Emerald out of his harness on his lower back, ((OOC: Think of where Crescent Rose sits. Kind of like that.)) releases the blades with a sharp chink noise, and takes a cloth and some fluid out of his bag to polish and properly clean them. It's clear he tried to hastily wipe off the blood from the battle but they haven't been properly cleaned yet, else they'd be gleaming.

"So where are your guys' weapons? I'm kind of a geek with weaponry. It's sort of my secret love. Weapons are fun to learn about, craft, and sometimes even use. I don't see your guys' though."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm

"... I need... to do some diagnostics... So I will get mine..."

Leonius turned to the meditation chamber, and pressed a button, a hatch large enough for him to walk through swinging open into the chamber.

It closed with a hiss, and minutes later opened again, Leonius stepping out in the full Sum Sine Sceleri armor, the hatch being just wide enough that his cannons could pass through. "Behold, the Variable Function Modular Mobility Exoskeleton." The meditation chamber closed with another hiss. "It is dubbed Sum Sine Sceleri..."
Back to top Go down
ChaosPhoenix11

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:47 am

"Uh... Latin, right? That's a pretty damn crazy suit, man. Kind of like some kind of mech, except it's more of an extension of yourself. I like it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Defense of Sleep   In Defense of Sleep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Defense of Sleep
Page 1 of 1