RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jakob Nyte

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doovid

Doovid

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm

CHARACTER:
Name: Jakob Nyte

Symbol: http://prntscr.com/1y8u9o

Appearance: Medium Length Black hair with a dark purple streak down the middle, tanned skin, 5'8, 130 lbs, wearing black jeans, a black long-sleeve shirt, and a dark purple cloak which usually covers my upper body, arms, and most of my lower body. I'm also occasionally seen with the hood up when sitting alone.

Personality: Shy and secluded, yet quick and stealthy in battle. Also known as the brains of the team. Dislikes being social. For what I lack in upper-body strength, I make up for in lower-body strength.

History: My parents divorced when I was about two years old, and I was left with my father. After my mother left he became very abusive and overbearing, and was always blaming any problems on me, and told me that I was worthless to him. I just learned that I shouldn't ever try to stand out and should only trust myself and people I've known for a long time. My whole life I was known as the scary quiet kid who sat alone, and I liked it. I was kicked out of many schools, because whenever I was confronted by bullies, they would typically end up in the hospital. After transferring from school to school, I finally got my act together and started becoming quieter and quieter as I finished school and got accepted to Beacon. The first assignment was the one where we were launched into the forest to find partners and chess pieces. I slowed down my fall by using my cloak as a parachute. When I drifted down onto the ground, I fell hard into a dive roll. I stood up and brushed myself off and started looking around. A strange girl started skipping through the trees. The girl told me her name was Violet Rhodes and said that I was going to be her teammate and best friend. I tried to reject her invitation as she grabbed my arm and started dragging me along with her. When I say dragging, I literally mean dragging… After she nearly strangled me twice and killed about a dozen Ursa, we finally found the center where the pieces were. I was trying to understand what the pieces meant when Violet picked up a random piece. Another pair came out of the woods being chased by an Ursa when Violet grabbed the hood of my cloak, and pointed me in the direction of the incoming enemy. We started fighting once again. I noticed Violet liked to take charge and attack without thinking. My brain started processing as I saw the next incoming attacks by the ursa right before they happened. I shouted out to Violet as the Ursa readied its attacks. Violet blocked the attacks and killed the Ursa In one forceful blow. We started talking to the pair we saw and found out their names. They were Emerald Vixen and Ivan Blood. They took the same piece that Violet had and we formed the team JIVE(Jakob, Ivan, Violet, and Emerald) with me as the leader. As we talked more, we found that all of our pasts were related with bullying and being anti-social. We formed a bond/pact that we would stand up as a team and always work together. It’s like our fate was chosen for us four...

Strength: Can predict small fragments of the future as they are about to occur. Can run for long periods of time. Is good at coming up with plans and strategies in a short amount of time.

Weakness: Activities when having to trust other people (An example is like the trust fall excercise, I just worry that my partner isn’t going to catch me when I fall.) Activities that involve upper-body strength. I tend to want everything to be perfect and organized.

WEAPON:
Name: Nebulous Pummel

Primary Form: Large Dark Black Spiked Mallet

Secondary Form: Light-weight throwable Spear

History: I was locked alone in my room while my dad was out drinking when I became bored and started messing with some parts. After about an hour, I had made a 5 Foot long, 13.5 Pound hammer. I tested it out on some targets and fixed it to have perfect accuracy and to be light-weight, yet deadly. I felt like I needed something more, for closer combat and the ability to throw it long distances. I modified my hammer to make it where there was a green button at the bottom. When pressed, it would make the head of the Hammer shrink, and the opposite end turn into a sharp point, making it even lighter and easily throwable. After I felt it was properly built, I started working on a way to make it handheld, and finally decided on its final form to look like a paperweight. Since it didn’t look out of the ordinary and was easy to carry in my pocket. Finally with the press of a Red button, the hammer would shrink into the size of a 5 pound paperweight, small enough to fit into my pockets. The first actual fight I had with it was when I was walking through a forest for a class project to collect leaves from certain trees. We were supposed to have partners that we would work with, but I instead told my partner that I would do it all myself. Suddenly, an Ursa spotted me as I was walking and charged me, slapping me nearly 50 feet and causing me to slam into a tree. I painfully stood up and pulled out my paperweight, and pressed the red button, expanding the hammer and smacking the Ursa upside the head, knocking it out cold. I ran away, afraid of an ambush and got home safely.

Last edited by Doovid on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:50 pm

Could you expand on the 'predict the future' thing? Is it more of 'I have a feeling this is going to happen' or is it 'I know for a fact this is going to happen?

Beyond that, I'd like more in strengths and weaknesses, slightly more detail in weapons, and a mention of you guys being in a pre-formed team. I believe Kooplah and myself are fine with this, but it will have to be in your profile.

Also, remove the year of birth. We don't know exactly what time period RWBY is set in, so you can just use something like: 16, sixteenth day of the ninth month.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:51 pm

History is a little vague near the end. What did you do after being kicked out of all these schools? Ever finish schooling? Applied to Beacon Academy? I also hear you are all joining Beacon and creating your own team. That's fine, but could also be documented in some way here. At least the part where you are joining.

I don't understand your Strength. You say you can predict the future like a faunice. Do you mean Faunus? I'm not under the impression that they can predict the future, and a quick google search didn't turn up anything relevant.

That weakness is fine, but in general your history, strengths, and weaknesses are all a little short and lacking of information.

Back to top Go down
Doovid

Doovid

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 am

I think I fixed it. How does it look now?
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:25 am

Much better. Approved by me.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Jakob Nyte Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jakob Nyte   Jakob Nyte Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:28 pm