RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]

Go down 
+2
Zou Sama
DrGustave
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DrGustave

Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:23 pm

"Looks like a...." Declan begins to say before noticing, beside the handle, how flat the door is. "It... Doesn't look like it locks from here. Looks like it locks from the outside." He took a moment before pressing against the door with his hands. "Hmm... Seems pretty sturdy." He says, taking his hands off of the door.

(Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 pm

IC:

I stepped forwards, placing my palm on the wall. Wondering what might happen, I sent a small jolt into the wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 pm

A muffled gasp could be heard on the other side of the wall before hearing the ever so lovely click of the lock. Grinsley stepped through the door frame, apparently oblivious to the cold, and scanned the room. "Which one of you...hooligans...rigged the door to send an electric shock?" He asked quizzically. Before waiting for an answer he continues. "We have a long day ahead of us and this is not how you should be starting it. Do I make myself clear?" He asks sternly.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Stahl suppressed a wince at Grinsley's electric treatment. Wow, talk about bad timing. He thought, pitying the teacher slightly.

"Perfectly." Stahl said, hoping to spare the rest of the room the need to answer.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

"Yeah yeah, work as a team, get along, all that crap" responded Shard
"When do we get to eat? Been awake all night, and that give most people an appetite." He asked/stated as he picked himself off the ground.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:45 am

Isabelle's ears twitched as she heard the click of the door unlocking and stood up.  She walked outside, noticing Mr. Grinsley in the doorway of the other room.  "Hey.  Why is it freezing in here?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:10 am

"The reason It was cold in your...rooms is because you lot needed to wake up!" He said cheerfully as he turned his head to Isabelle. "It's nearly seven in the morning after all!" He turned his back to the group and over to the table in the center of the room where two reports lay. One labeled "Polar Ursa" depicting a white Ursa with red eyes against a black background, below it showing the standard information the students had learned from professor Port, tough fur, protective bone armor, sharp teeth and claws, and not quite intelligent. The other report was labeled "Valross" and depicted a large, black, and quite fat creature that looked not unlike a walrus. The information underneath label it as it having two extremely sharp frontal teeth, tough and thick protective blubber, swimming capabilities, and ranging from 9-20 feet long and being around 16 feet tall. "These." Grinsley said referring to the reports. "Are your targets for today. Your goal is to capture at least one of these creatures. Alive." He said, putting stress on the last word. "You will all be working together on this task, but first I have something to show the lot of you just outside of this research center. Any questions?" He asked waiting for any responses.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 am

IC:

"Yeah. One - where the hell is our food? And two - will this be a......competition?"

OOC: First team to capture both wins petting zoo for the tower of ozpimps!
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 am

Arthur follows Grinsley over to the table and takes a mental note of what they need to do, Do we have to work as a team, with him(ref. Shard) This probably will not go well.

"Why exactly do we have to capture them alive?" Arthur asks in response to Grinsley's invitation to ask questions. I thought we would just have to kill some stuff, take some notes and go back to where it's warm.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 am

Stahl leaned over the table, examining the biology with interest.

"And where can we find them?" He asked, not removing his eyes from the table.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Grinsley pointed to a small storage cabinet next to the bathroom. "You can find food in there, it's canned and not as good as the cafeterias food but unless you'd like to starve I'd suggest sucking up and swallowing it." He turned his gaze back toward Lan. "And like I said already, you will all be working together. towards a similar goal, teamwork is crucial." Grinsley now turned his head to face Arthur. "This is a research center, albeit small. The rooms you all stayed in double as holding cells for Grimm, with hatches on the outside to let it fall right open. It also has several minuscule air vents to pump in sedative gasses to calm the Grimm." After he was done with addressing the students he sat down in the chair where he had slept the night before and examined a separate report once more. "I will direct you to the locations after you all eat your helpings."

Declan slowly walked over to the cabinet that had they had been offered and opened its cold metal doors. He picked several cans up and examined them. "Let's see we have a choice between canned beans and some canned tuna from..." Seeing the year printed on the side of the can he quickly out it back. "Beans it is." He said before taking the can and walking back to the group. Sitting down in one of the other four chairs in the room he extended the blade on his gauntlet and started fiddling with the top of the can, attempting to cut it open. (Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 pm

IC:

"Calm the grimm?" I half-squeezed out a laugh, sounding a bit like a wheezing monkey, "Somebody sucks at Biology."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:01 pm

As soon as the food was pointed out, Shard didn't listen to the rest. He walked over to the cabinet and grabbed the closest can. Placing it in the holes in his armor, he used that as a can opener and guzzled the contents of the can. Beans. He would have prefered meat, but beans was what he got. Oh well. At least the beans might give him the opportunity to torture his room-mates with a little "sedative gas" of his own. Shard walks back to Grinsley
"Oi, anywhere I can repair this crap?" Shard asks, pointing to the holes in his armor.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:47 am

IC:

"It's crap!" I shouted as I looked around for the closest thing that looked edible. None seemed worthy of contact with my digestive system. "Don't repair it."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Stahl took the canned tuna off the shelf, "Heh, if a cat Faunas were here, they'd eat this up." He chuckled to himself before topping the lid off of the can.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Overhearing Stahl's remark about tuna, Isabelle wanted to tell him how stereotypical that was, but decided it would be best to keep her mouth shut.  Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a bag of catnip chips and opened it.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:50 pm

I guess we best get this over with then. Arthur thanks Grinsley for the information and a nod "Understood" Now I guess it's best to eat something before we leave. Arthur walks over to the cabinet and takes out a can of something that isn't older than he is, Who knows how long any of these could have been here. and eats it's contents.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:56 pm

As the students finished their “meals” and Grinsley finished looking over the report he so coveted once again he placed it down it face down on the table and cleared his throat. “Now, I told you there was a surprise waiting for you just outside this building but due to the snow storm last night…” He said as he sat up and made his way across the room. “It will take a little more time to reveal what it is. SO! We will be digging away the snow!” He said, somehow cheerfully as he pulled two snow shovels down from the wall. And by ‘we’ I mean myself and…..you!” Grinsley tossed one of the shovels to Declan.

Wha-“ Declan began to say before the shovel was tossed toward him. “What are we going to do? Find buried treasure?” He asked after he had caught the shovel, almost dropping what was left of his beans in the process.

Buried treasure? No no, something much more interesting than treasure! Now come along, the lot of you, make sure you’re prepared and come outside.” Grinsley lead the children outside into the cold, white snow that covered the crystal clear ice. He looked down at something he had written on his hand then pointed over to a spot thirty feet to the groups right. He stuck his shovel into the snow as he reached the spot “Here! We dig here!”  He said as he started shoveling away snow.

Declan grumbled something before doing the same with his own shovel.

After thirty more minute the two had finally finished digging away the snow to find….an..eye. A giant, glowing, frozen eye. “This, children.” Grinsley says as he stomps down on the ice. “Is the pupil of The Leviathan. An ancient Grimm that was frozen in this area of the ocean during the flash freeze many, many, many years ago…” He seemed to trail off as he stared into the eye. “The rest of this beast is down that way…” He pointed back past the small research center. “For about another…..four-hundred feet or so.” He then paused for the students to look over the eye.

(Partial Retcon)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:51 am

IC:

It took thirty minutes.

Thirty minutes standing on ice, doing absolutely nothing. Not only was that excruciatingly boring, but that's just really bad teaching. If you're gonna go spend half an hour digging, might as well send the other few people you've doomed to the terrifying psychological wonders of boredom to actually do something. Like, oh, I don't know, capturing live Grimm. Like you told us to.

Thirty minutes after Mr. Grinsley's idiotic decision, a surprising ray of light came through all the ice and snow that had collected in the hole. Taking their time to rub all the snow away, Grinsley and Declan unveiled a giant, spherical entity. It looked like a jelly; preserved for a multitude of eons throughout the ice, which itself was visibly layered, stacked on top of each other creating an aesthetic wall of white and translucence that the worlds greatest architects would've loved.

Apart from the giant jelly. That probably didn't fit as well. Maybe it the texture was more sofa-like and less.....'a wet membrane covered squishy glow-in-the-dark balloon ready to pop at any second'.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 am

It's colder outside, much colder. Arthur thought Why did we have to come out here to watch again? Couldn't they have just got it over and done with whilst we sat inside, in the warm. I would have liked that more than this. Arthur stood there for the whole thirty minutes, waiting in the cold for them to dig. When they'd done...

Arthur looks upon the giant eye that has been revealed beneath the ice. "That's one big grimm" Arthur says, trying not to appear impressed by the leviathan. "We're not gunna have to fight anything this big are we?" He asks Grinsley "Not that I couldn't beat it, I just don't want anyone else here to get hurt in the process." Arthur lets out a small chuckle but is obviously being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:01 am

While Grinsley and whats-his-face were digging, Shard had found something to do himself. He'd walked off (about 30 meters away) and had made himself a little chair/bed/snow pile to "chill" on. Lying against it, Shard hadn't even realised that they had finished digging, let alone what was lying under the ice. He wasn't asleep, but Shard was ignorant of anything going on past his eyelids.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:49 pm

Stahl rubbed his aching back as Grinsley pointed to the eye...the giant eye that seemed to be eternally open. Open, and looking.

".....Okay then." Stahl said, deadpan.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:01 am

IC:

"Cool."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:01 pm

"No no, you'll not be fighting anything quite like this, and I highly doubt you'll be fighting a living Grimm this big anytime soon. All of the ancient Grimm are dead or dormant, the Leviathan is considered dormant so don't you go breaking any ice!" He said jokingly. He continued to talk to the students but eyes eyes remained locked with the exposed eye under the ice. "Now...You have two options to find the Grimm, You can head to the cavern near the research center to find the Valross or head back into the snow hills to find a Polar Ursa den, the choice is yours." He paused for a moment before continuing. "Don't expect me to be there to hold your hand if you get in over your head. This isn't standard combat school anymore." With that he stopped speaking and waited for the students to sort out their dilemma on their own.

The group was silent for a moment before Declan spoke up. "Well the cave is closer, we wouldn't have to bring the Valross back as far...wait how are we going to even get it back here?" He looked around the group to see if any of them had ideas.

(Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:18 am

Isabelle stood there and waited for someone to come up with something.  Of course, nobody did.  She sighed, deciding that she might as well contribute to the non-existent plan.  "Well, we could try to blow it's legs off, or maybe knock it unconscious.  As for getting it back here, it doesn't seem like there is any way besides dragging it."  She looked at the others expectantly.  "Unless you guys have any better ideas."
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 am

IC:

"what team"

OOC: lolol :p
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:15 am

"We could try and lure it out and over to the research centre, save us dragging it here." Arthur says to Isabelle. The less I have to drag anything the better. This was obviously going to be a pain for everyone involved, but there weren't many other plans going through Arthur head, preferring to go along with things on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next