RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Empty
PostSubject: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 am

(Monday, Week 4.)

Roy was meditating in the Arena, which was strangely near devoid of life. Of course, it was early morning. He was wearing his armor, naturally, as he usually did around the academy. He had gotten up near the crack of dawn, as per usual, had breakfast, and gotten dressed. Herbal tea this morning rather than coffee, he wanted to be focused instead of jittery. He breathed in and out rhythmically, focusing on his core, and trying to clear his mind of all thought.

Then someone yelled at him.

"Hey, asshole, this is the arena, not for meditating. Hey, did you hear me? get up!"

The guy raised a weapon, walking towards the skinny male, making a show of threatening him and whatnot. Roy ignored him, his own weapon sitting in front of him.

"A spear, huh? You some kind of wuss, trying to stay as far away as possible? My sword is way better than that thing."

On the word "Thing", the boy was standing, looming over Roy. Roy was still ignoring him, until he laughed and made a show of swinging the sword downwards toward him. Granted, it was slowly, and in a plainly mocking fashion, but Roy still felt slightly perturbed, if not threatened. He raised his body to a standing position in one solid movement, slipping inside the slow, exaggerated blow, and elbowed the boy in the chin. Hard. The boy didn't go flying, Roy wasn't that strong, but he apparently bit his tongue or something, because he ran off crying.

"Well. That was certainly a thing that happened."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:42 am

A boy just darted past Olivia as she entered the Arena. Looking back at him, he seemed to be crying. At least he knew better than to cry in the arena, a mock battlefield. The battlefield is no place for crying children! At least, that's what Olivia believed. She continued walking inside, finally looking around. It's been a long time since I've been here. Looks the same. Except the training dummies. What's up with that huge pile of destroyed ones? They look... charred. Who chars a training dummy!? She walks over to the pile, inspecting it more closely, before returning to taking in the view of the arena she trained in every day for four years.

There seems to only be one other person in here. Perhaps it was him that caused the child to run to safety? Olivia wonders to herself as she finally takes note of Roy and looks him over, taking note of his weapon. A spear. Looks simple. Dust powered, maybe? Probably a flamethrower or some craziness. As she is approaching him, she speaks quietly to him.
"Hey. Did you scare that kid out of here? He loked shaken." Nearing him, Olivia is quite small compared to the person before her. Her demeanor shows otherwise, however. She carries herself with great confidence, despite how quiet she seems. You can see cybernetic jacks on her head where her temple used to be, and a metal headband is hanging safely on her belt. Her weapons are neatly arranged on her back. Three on her right, two on her left. Two of the three right swords look different than the others, though.

She only left a small amount of time for him to reply, before saying,
"Vell? Vas it you?"
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Roy was slightly startled. He reached his foot under his spear and kicked it into the air, catching it. He then turned around to face the one who had startled him, and immediately regretted his actions.

"Y-yeah, it was me. He was threatening me, so I kinda...elbowed him in the jaw."

Was she Beacon staff? It only made sense, he had kinda gotten here before the rest of the crowd, possibly looking for sparring, but not outright asking. Hence the meditation. Dealing with people wasn't his strong suit. He would have probably hung around until he was challenged. Standing there, leaning on his spear, he wondered if she was staff, or a freelancer on grounds to sit in on a class or something. She looked rather strong in Roy's opinion. He didn't judge based on looks, since he himself was rather gangly and skinny, and he was tough as nails aside from being able to take a damn hit. Then he regained his composure very suddenly as something hit him.

He could be in trouble.

Immediately his eyes became sharper, his gynophobia vanishing through sheer anger, though he kept his composure and kept from shouting.

"He threatened me and called me a coward. I dealt with the situation as I saw fit, since this is the arena."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Having stopped out of reach of his spear, Olivia didn't seem to flinch or react to his quick movements with his weapon. Instead. she nods a few times, reviewing Roy's answer to her question. "A single strike and you sent him crying? It sounds like he did not deserve to be in the arena anyvay." She looks toward the exit the other kid ran though. I hope all of the Beacon students aren't like that. And security is way higher here. They even have police wandering around. Odd.

Turning her attention back to Roy, she takes another look at his spear. After a brief moment, she begins walking slowly in a circle around him.
"So vhy are you here, by yourself, not training? This is, as you say, an arena. For training. Unless you consider beating that veakling a training sesion."
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:36 pm

"Some actual training would be nice."

Of course, to the Blitzchach, and a lesser extent Roy, training meant jumping in over your head. Sink or swim kind of training, and so far in Roy's few days here, nobody he sparred with had been a challenge. You see, the gangly young man was fast. Almost insanely so. In fact, it really should have been listed under some cosmic biography profile thingy that if he went at his full speed, his bones couldn't take it for more than a minute and tended to break under the stress.

He sighed.

"I'm actually quite good at fighting. It's just dealing with people that isn't my strong suit. So I come here in the mornings and wait to be challenged."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:26 pm

"You vait to be challenged?" Olivia questions him, while looking around for all the would-be challengers. It is a little early in the morning to be expecting many students to be in the arena, one would think. Walking a full circle around him, she got a good look at him. Fairly taller than herself... but that can be said about most people. A bit stronger looking. Supposedly a good fighter. Does he consider himself a hotshot, standing here awaiting challengers?

Olivia stops walking, standing in her original position. She smiles slightly before she speaks.
"You are not good at dealing vith people, but you are good at fighting? Fight me, then. I challenge you. Sparing is the best form of practice, after all. Far beter than hiting a block of vood." She reaches for an object hanging off her belt, undoing its binding and lifting it to her forehead, placing it on her head. The metal band clicks twice, connecting to the implants on the sides of her head. Three green lights start blinking several times, before becoming solid. Her hands fall to her sides, and she looks forward at Roy. Her face is filled with curiousity. Let us see what the master of the arena can do, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:36 am

Normally, in the Blitzchach village, the challenger was supposed to make the first move. Fortunately, Roy cared little for such rules now that he was out of the village. Instead, he would attack first. How, was the question. Those blinking, then solid lights seemed to indicate something, though what he didn't know. And that was quite a few weapons.

He decided to go with a feint.

He rushed forward at a speed most people would have trouble following, though he anticipated her following it since he was rushing toward her. He would thrust his spear forward, ending his thrust at her core. If she didn't move or block, the spear would embed itself in her abdomen. Since she would likely dodge his attack, as soon as she moved left or right he would fire off the spearhead's chain, and as soon as three feet of chain had extended itself he would whip to the side, hopefully wrapping her in the chain. From there he would whip her around a bit before retracting the chain to send her spinning.

Hopefully, though, she saw the feint coming and blocked instead of dodged left or right. Or even dodged upwards, that'd throw a wrench in the feint, too.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:32 am

Olivia was surprised to see the man disregard standard sparring rules, but wasn't off guard enough to be unable to act. A slight smile appeared on her face, just before she was enveloped in a light and then vanished as the point of the spear was nearly connecting. Instantly, she reappears ten feet behind Roy with another faint flash of light, safe from his attack. Her two gunblades are in her hand in sword form, and she is in an offensive stance, but not moving. Briefly observing his form as he finishes his attack, she speaks. "Not much for rules, I take it? Very vell." He's quite fast. Let's see if he can keep up. She steps forward toward him, making a quick, but simple and easily countered slash with her left arm, the right arm staying ready to strike or defend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)   Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Case of the Mondays (Olivia, Open for Spectators.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: