RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]

Go down 
+2
Kooplah
Dakir
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dakir

Dakir

Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Empty
PostSubject: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:19 pm

It was a nice day at the park. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and everything seemed as it should be. There was a small pond with a fountain in the middle, gently spraying water up into the air. A number of children played a game with a ball, kicking it back and forth between them, each trying to get away from the others. A couple strolled through the park, whispering and giggling to themselves. Birds chirped in the background, and the whole scene looked just wonderful.

Looks, however, can be deceiving. Garrus walked through the park with a hand on his chin, his brow furrowed in thought. He walked past a small pond and to a group of picnic tables that were set up for the people of Vale. He looked over and saw the couple seated at the table farthest from him, so he chose to take a seat, away from curious ears.

He placed his elbows on the table, folding his hands in front of his mouth. He had just heard some bad news, news concerning his brother and what he was up to. Upset, but undaunted by the news, he tried to plan his next move.

This is the meeting thread. Seeing as Garrus isn't the kind of guy to ask for help, it is up to the good guys to offer their services and convince Garrus to let them help him. I know this is going to be a huge coincidence that three people who just so happen to know how to fight and are good enough to help someone who looks like they are in need are strolling through the park at the exact same time, but I digress.

For this thread, there is no order, but please try to let everyone post without getting too far behind.

Also, as of riiiiight...NOW, Kellenredx is the GM for this thread.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Quote :
I know this is going to be a huge coincidence that three people who just so happen to know how to fight and are good enough to help someone who looks like they are in need are strolling through the park at the exact same time, but I digress.
OOC: Coincidence? More like destiny!

Perhaps a walk in the park will allow me to clear my mind. Olivia had decided to take a walk through the park to clear her mind. However, upon completing a lap around the area, she decided that it wasn't helping so much, and she eventually took a seat at one of the empty picnic tables... right next to Garrus's. As she takes her seat, she inspects the cleanliness of the tabletop briefly, and upon deciding it is sufficiently clean, she lays her hands on it palms down and stacked, giving her a place to rest her chin as she stares blanky at Garrus. For no reason other than he is in front of her, of course. This isn't some kind of fated meeting or anything!
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Garrus continued to drift on his own thoughts not noticing the person sat near him staring at him for several minutes before waking up and crashing back to reality. He looked up to the girl who was staring at him  and attempted to smile before failing miserably. "Civilian! might I ask why you are staring at me...do you need the services of a hero?". He spoke like what he just said didnt sound ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 pm

What? Civilian? Hero? Uh, I wasn't paying attention... Olivia furrows her brow at his question, but doesn't lift her head from its resting position. "Um, no? I vas... uh... hmm... "She trails off briefly, seemingly at a loss for words, but manages to find them. "...I vas just vatching your ears. The left one tvitches slightly every once in a vhile. You vere also in my line of sight." The tone of her voice is fairly monotonous, but she seemed to be telling the truth, even if she did seem distracted. Possibly by a twitchy ear, or her own thoughts. She also seems to be observing Garrus's weapons now, but quite lazily.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 pm

The couple seated at the table, naturally were no more than himself and Victoria. This relationship was a gradual thing. One being tested by patience and Drake simply sat there, watching quietly as the world went by them. Lunch had been a thing. Sometimes it was good for things to be quiet. And more than most other students of Beacon he appreciated silence.

Considering he barely slept, silence was something he had grown accustomed to in the dark hours of the night. He turns, looking about, an armoured case kept at his side. It was something he was going to have to look at adjusting...most of the other students and some of the staff were able to carry their weapon at all times...the Talons, not so much. So he found himself bringing the case with him more often, in case of somewhat insane women who want to impale him on pointy objects and demand his blood. Even though they'd repaired most of it he could still see where the crater was every time he went past.

He frowns a moment, noticing an odd conversation, reaching over to quietly get Victoria's attention. Or a punch on the arm for poking her. Whichever came first.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:24 pm

A date at the park. How low had the great golden commander of Team Victory fallen to be forced along to a place so... Not hostile. What good was this place? No opposition, no conflict, no enemies to conquer. Utterly pointless. Victoria had fallen into a sort of trance to keep herself from going insane in this abysmal monument to pacifism, reminding herself that she was trying to make Drake happy, that's what couples did, right? Victoria might have responded with a punch, had she not put herself in a trance to shut out the sickening sounds of the other couples, laughing and being... Couples. Her and Drake weren't like that, Victoria wouldn't dare let them become that... First she should figure out exactly what they were. "Hmm..?"
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Garrus raised an eyebrow for a moment. "You are staring at me...because I am here?.....well cant argue with that" Garrus was too busy to bother with other people right now. He covered his face with his  hands for a moment to block out any distractions. Several minutes later he uncovered his face as he had obviously got a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:11 pm

"Why are you covering your face? Its not that ugly." Olivia's expression didn't change too much, but she appeared to be making a joke, and was not good at it. Her expression was a little confused, perhaps at herself for saying such a thing. That was odd. I usually don't say such irrelevent things. Oh well. Maybe he'll get angry or something with his ugly face. After a brief consideration, she sits up straight, leaving her hands on the table where they were and awaiting a reply to her... joke.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 am

Garrus was rather unfazed by what he assumed (and hoped) was a joke about him being ugly. Instead he stood from here he sat to look the girl in the eye. "Im going to ignore your little jab to ask you this!" he inhaled deeply as his chest-plate reflected the sun. "You seem like a capable hero! So I ask you this! I am about to undertake a dangerous quest and I will need more heroes to assist me along the way...there will be danger but isnt that the duty of a hero?!"...when he finished he sat back down and waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:12 am

Wat? Olivia raised an eyebrow at all the hero talk that just came out of this guys face. As he finishes and takes his seat, Olivia's gaze simply follows him, but she seems at a loss of words for a few moments, before replying. "Um. You vill have to be more specific?" A dangerous quest? Mission? I wonder if he would pay me... She shifts her position, resting her left elbow on the table and leaning forward, intent on listening more closely. A job is a good way to take my mind of things. As long as I get paid, of course. I wonder what this is about anyway.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:22 am

"Victoria...there is something. Over there. Something that does not seem to fit into our surroundings." Well, besides her. Drake could see she was unhappy. He could see that she disliked the quiet. This was something he would have to address...she already knew she was involved with one whose nature was that of a quiet artist, a hint given in the iron rose he gifted her week prior to this. But he also knew he was involved with a goddess of war. Compromise had to be made for both.

He stands, quietly, pulling the scale-bladed cloak that he wore as his signature around him and quietly he looks to Victoria. He would not offer his hand to her. No, he already had messed up and confused her sense of honour and pride enough by becoming something with her. He knew it did not do to make the situation any worse.

"I think I'll go investigate...care to come along? Or do you wish to watch others being...more involved?"
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Garrus sat silent for a moment. "I can be more than specific!" he answered after a moment. "You see there is a old forgotten artefact far from here...lets just say that there is another person who wants it." He paused for a moment to regain his breath. "It is important that he doesn’t" he thought for a moment "and you will probably get paid". He knew if the call of adventure didn’t get her help he knew money would.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Hm. Maybe this will be a good way to distract me. And I can make some money. Everyone loves money. Except that one crazy guy on the street a few days ago. That guy was just weird. The way he looked at me, too. Creepy. I should have punched him in the face. But he did smell pretty bad... Oh. Right. I was having a conversation.Olivia appears to be thinking quite deeply for a few moments, before leaning back a little, smiling very slightly, and speaking with mild enthusiasm. "I acept. Vhat do you ned me to do, go get this item? I am not in the busines of asasinating people, but I vill hapily go colect some trinket." As she finishes speaking, her eyes squint slightly, as if considering something about the person in front of her. Although.. I hope he can pay me. He does seem a little crazy... sort of like that other guy. I suppose I can still back out if I decide to.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 am

Victoria stretched out her spine, something she couldn't normally do in her armor. Today was too hot to be fully armored, but only her breastplate was missing from her usual ensemble, her chainmail, plate-skirt, forearm and shin guards still adorned her frame, though her... Assets... Remained bound by tape under her shirt and chainmail. She was far more comfortable around Drake than others, but not quite that comfortable. She stood from her seat as the world came back into focus; she looked around for a moment before she spotted who Drake was talking about: two people who, like herself, had no business being in the park. With one more crack of her neck and knuckles, Victoria motioned to the suspicious pair before heading closer to listen in.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Garrus relaxed a little in his seat knowing he had her attention this would be a lot easier. "Well you see I just need you to come with me...I dont really know what will be awaiting us. Grimm, someone else could be trying to get the artefact". He laughs a little "Or maybe the lost souls of past heroes" he removed a decent sum from his wallet and placed it onto the table. "This is advance..."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:23 am

Drake smiles, just a little, watching Victoria a moment before slipping off just ahead of her. Though he too was a bit overdressed for the park he was still significantly more stealthy than Victoria could be. His footsteps are light as he slips ahead to eavesdrop, crouching down low as he listens. Something was up and he knew it. And to date whenever he'd gotten similar hints that something was up it resulted in incidents. Perhaps this was to be a thing for him, perhaps not.

He tilts his head, turning to glance to Victoria again with his sombre blue eyes, smiling just a little. He puts a finger to his lips, reaching up to beckon her closer, pulling the scarf up over his mouth as he does so. He too was a lot more at ease around her to the extent where he showed his face but as she could see...now he was deciding to take a more serious approach.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 pm

"Not the most subtle vay to receive payment.." Olivia reaches out and places a finger on the money, but doesn't pull it in. Instead, she holds it on the table, speaking quietly. "Regardles of the fact that this transaction is a litle... unusual... take note that you vill find yourself vithout a bodyguard very kwickly if this does not go as you say. I am not about to start kiling people over a litle relic. Also, you may vish to take care vhen recruiting in public. It can atract... people." Her eyes and head flitted to the right briefly, before she pulled her hand in, money in tow, and stood up. "Right then. What was your name then? I vill also ned your contact information so I may monitor you." She lifts her free hand, palm up, as if waiting for something. Her other hand has pocketed its contents and now hangs loosely to her side.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:45 pm

A homeless fanaus lays in the grass, basking in the warm sun with all four of his eyelids shut. The hood of his jacket was over his face, the sleeves down his arms and the jacket zipped up.Though he normally didn't care about who saw his scale scattered body body he preferred to have a peaceful nap with no racist bothering him.

It was as he woke up with a yawn that he overheard a nearby conservation, slowly standing and puling his sleeves up when he had heard enough. Walking over and unzipping his jacket, the chains dragging behind him clanged loudly. "Excuse me, I might be interested." he said a bit nervously when approaching Garrus and Olivia.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:59 am

"Contact information?...I have no idea wha-" he spoke before being cut off by another who was apparently listening in. He ignored the persons appearance and got right to business "If your interested then welcome aboard!" he smiled as he moved over on the seat to clear what little space was left. "Any conditions you want to lay down first?" he asked as his ears perked up.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Olivia looks toward the newcomer, looking him over briefly before taking a step back from the table and looking back to Garrus. "Nevermind." She only says one word as she pulls out her scroll, and starts sending several messages to various people. I wonder how many people will be going on this.... adventure. More people will hopefully not cut into the pay. I need money.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 am

Subtlety and delicacy weren't exactly Victoria's strongest skills, and she was in no mood to try and hone them now, so when she looked over to Drake, trying to hide from the only two other people in the park who stuck out as much as they did, she rolled her eyes and grabbed him by the shoulder, pulling him out from his hiding spot. She dragged Drake behind her as she approached the table the other couple sat at, greeting them with an ax chopping  into the table between them. "I trust you two aren't up to anything... Dishonest." She had seen the two talking and seen a generous sum of lien pass between them, but was otherwise ignorant of the topic at hand. 
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 8:53 pm

As Victoria approached the table, Olivia took note of it, but didn't move. However, the axe chop into the table convinced her. She turned to Victoria and Drake, examining their visible equipment briefly, before looking quite a ways up toward Victoria. "Hmm? You assume that because people have money they are 'dishonest'? This is a simple business transaction, and does not involve you. You should also be more careful vith your veapon. This is a por location to be svinging one around." Her left hand is resting on the holster for one of her gun blades, but her demeanor says she isn't looking to fight. Instead, she takes a step back from the table. Her hand on her weapon is likely just a precaution. Eavesdroppers everywhere. And now this man can see how poor of a place this was to have such a conversation. She looks toward Garrus after a brief pause. However, if anything, he'll probably try and recruit these people too... I suppose additional people will mean less work. Just as long as its not less pay. She turns her attention back to the two newcomers, watching the female and her axe closely.

OOC: You guys! Post more! We want to get to the part where we stomp the bad guys!
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:00 pm

Drake of course is not one to really put up much of a struggle against his far stronger, far more powerful significant other. His build was slender, wiry, the build of one used to speed rather than strength so tugged along he proceeds to look somewhat unamused.

However, his state of disarray isn't enough to stop him from being serious about the situation, glancing about at those present, assessing them with eyes that seem to shift between black and blue, a reflection of how unstable his very essence was. Victoria only made it worse at times...but sometimes she helped.

Slung to one side is the armoured case, in which reside the Talons as well as a few basic emergency supplies. Though to be honest this was more a burden...he knew full well he needed to improve their design somewhat to make them more portable...

"You know...not every fight has to be met head on Victoria...sometimes it pays off to actually get information first...."
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 2:35 pm

With no warning Garrus burst into sudden laugher after the ax hit the table. He continued to laugh for a while before calming down and standing up to look the new girl in the eye. "I like your spirit! Accompany us on your journey!" before Victoria can answer he handed a sum of Lien to her before moving to what he assumed to be her companion. His ears twitched slightly as he did so "You are her companion no doubt! I assume you will accompany us also!" he handed another sum of Lien to the boy before sitting back down.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:10 pm

Victoria scoffed, addressing Olivia. "Please! I only strike what I want to strike, nothing more, nothing less." Victoria was slightly off put by the money handed to her, but accepted it nonetheless. She coughed to herself when Drake was called her companion, she'd use that, probably. "What are you talking about? Journey? I'd like some details before any "accompanying" is done."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]   Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brothers of Prophecy - Day 0: Meeting [Good Guys]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: