RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]

Go down 
+2
ForgottenFury
Zou Sama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Empty
PostSubject: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 11:44 am

We all take memory for granted. You have memories of your past, and they affect your actions. But memory isn't as detrimental to us as you'd believe.
Scientist Oscar Wilt thinks he can look into a person's memory, and even extract the memory itself. However, he struggles to find a willing test subject...

AS you walk into the local bar/store/pub/other, you look around. The wall, as usual, is plasterd with odd requests for strange things. One, however, is far more cryptic than the others;
"WANTED: Anyone with some amount of combat experience willing to take a mystery test."

Well, that's very specific. You look over the fine print

"If you accept this task, you agree that you are subject to possible danger, not only to your body, but mental state. You agree that while we have no intention of harming you, harm may befall upon you, and we are not to be held accountable. You agree to be subject to treatment that would be otherwise considered unlawful, or offensive. Upon entering the the test site, you agree that our scientists may do whatever is necessary to start the experiment, and will only end it if your life is at severe risk."

Still very cryptic. Bellow the Wanted ad, there is a newspaper clipping describing the latest theory from a scientist called "Oscar Wilt". It appears to be something about memory or something.

You still have no idea what the experiment will be about, but it sounds like dangerous fun and (possibly) easy money.

At Oscar's lab
"I don't think this is a good idea, Oscar!"
"It'll be fine! I've tested the stuff on animals, and it worked like a charm!"
"Yes, mice and chimps are fine, but these are Humans! If this goes wrong, the fallout will destroy you! Think of what the press will say, you'll be ruined!"
"Look, if I can successfully manage to access someone's memory, I'll be a scientific hero!"
"And if you break their minds in the process, you'll be nothing but a monster! And why do we need to take such drastic measures to keep them here?"
"Everything is on the computer over there, you've had full access this whole time!"
Oscar's assistant looks at the computer.

Hypothesis; The human brain can adapt to significant sudden changes in memory patterns.

Test; Gather sufficient subjects and switch their memories. IMPORTANT! Their personalities must remain in their original bodies. The test will be invalidated if everything is removed and replaced. Move only the memories, not the personality.

Method; Take the test subjects, and sedate them upon entering the test site. Hook them up to the device required, and place them in a maze. The maze is designed so that it can be altered at a moments notice.
There will be many challenges in the maze. Mostly puzzles and monsters.
Each section of the maze has a "Safe Room" at the end. The safe room will be an area for the subjects to rest.
Once the subjects are asleep, we will switch their memories randomly. They will be the same person, but just with a different memory. Move things around in the maze, and let them go through.
Repeat this process until sufficient data is recovered.

"This is horrific! What if their minds are damaged in the process? What if we can't put their memories back? What if the shock of it all is too much for them?"
Oscar walks over to a window and looks the at the maze under construction.
"All these 'What if's' are pointless. If we don't try, we'll never know! Think about what we could gain from this! Memory replication could remove the need for schooling! It could give us an algorithm for working AI, it could help counselling and mental patients! It could help those with PTSD get better!"
"Or it could destroy the basic components of what makes us human!"
Oscar stares maliciously at his assistant
"You're either helping me, or you're not. I haven't had an assistant as good as you in a while, and I'd hate to have to find a replacement"
The Assistant gets the message, and backs down. She walks out of the room angrily. She knew she couldn't stop him. He'd passed the point of "Crazy" years before she'd met him. But this was still too far.

Back at the bar/store/pub/other
As you look over the Wanted ad, you decide that you might as well give it a go. It couldn't be too bad, right?

Alright, so I'm looking for around 8 people. It's going to be kind of "First come first served", but the more people you have from the same team, the more likely they will be picked. I think the plot would be more interesting if team-mates were dealing with each others memories, instead of strangers.
If there are any questions, PM me.

This plot will take place in Week 11. It will take the entire week, at maximum, but five days minimum. It depends on how things go. Starts on the Monday.

UPDATE 3!

Well, as someone who misunderstands a lot of stuff, this comes easily; I misunderstood my convo with le mods. We will be going back to Non-Canon, because reasons. A few things have been changed in the "Method" section, so you may as well give that a read. Unless you want to be surprised. Anyway, still lemme know if you no likey the Non-Canon, and once again, I hope to see you all in the maze!

Last edited by Zou Sama on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ForgottenFury

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:13 am

Signing up with Jade.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:20 am

Might sign up with Celeste, thing is she's not initiated yet. She'd be perfect since she's been in the loony bin before.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:13 am

I WANT to signup with Lan....but.....

He would never sign up for this....

If Shard goes, he'll go, I guess.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 5:26 am

Argent'll join for the Lien XD
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:25 am

Since it's non-canon, I no longer see any point for Lan to join, so I'll retract him from the list.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 am

Since this is non-canon, this will mean it won't affect the character in the timeline, right? Surprised

I'd like to sign up with Liseran Dormirse if it's still allowed. She has memories she could do without, so if amnesia happens to be a consequence, she's in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]   Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memory is but a pulse [Non-Canon]
Page 1 of 1