RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vox

Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:08 pm

She was roughly picked up, and put in the chair. "... Let us go and see what your employer has endured, so that you may learn to appreciate our mercy..."

Not another word was said as Kasumi was wheeled out into a hallway, and into Yvaine's home.

The Pilorum had been busy, over the previous few days, it seemed. The segment Kasumi had been in seemed new, and as she was wheeled into the kitchen, she would see numerous Frumentarii. At least twenty. And numerous people as poorly clothed as she, their faces mangled by the systematic breaking of their jaws, being abused by Frumentarii.

"... Be grateful... You almost ended up like them... forever damned..."

It was in a room behind the fridge that she was found.

Yvaine Lux, hanging limply from chains, twitching as the last of the chemical that Kasumi endured finished its course in her system. Roughly, Kasumi was dumped from her chair. "You will remain in here, until you are collected."

It was all she was told, before the door shut, and the Frumentarius vanished with the chair.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:30 pm

Kasumi looked up to her former employer, letting out a bitter laugh, "Well," She said, her throat still raw from the torture, "Looks like neither of us saw this coming, huh?" She shook her head, not particularly caring whether or not the woman could hear her or not, "I knew you would be trouble."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 4:59 pm

Upon hearing the somewhat unfamiliar voice, Yvaine's eyes shoot open, though the rest of her body was still feeling the effects of the chemicals. Unfortunately for her, their under-use made it extremely painful to keep them open, and they were quickly shut after seeing the person in the cell with her. Though this woman being here did confirm her suspicions about the person that had sold her out, it wasn't very rewarding all the same. It did however give her something to laugh at, the fact that the woman in front of her was blaming her for the situation they both found themselves in. "Oh, I knew I would die sooner or later for my actions." Her voice was a barely audible raspy whisper, lower than Kasumi's, a result of overuse and general damage. But she now had the strength to speak, at least for a while.

"But that is why I lessened the likelihood of being found out as much as possible. But blaming me for this? You are the one who agreed, so easily swayed by the money held in front of you. But alas, that no longer matters. We will both die, eventually, and the one truly responsible for our situation likely remains free. And there's not a god damn thing either of us can do about it." She fell silent following that, feeling she had nothing more to say to her former employee. Their fate was set in stone if anything she had read about the Pilorum was true, and from her experiences so far... all of it had been.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Kasumi spat on the ground in front of Yvaine, a gob of blood landing at her former employer's feet. She simply sat there for a few moments, examining the broken shell of a woman before her, "At least tell me this, who the hell are these people? I'd like to know that much before I die." It took a moment for the last part of Yvaine's comment to set in, "...Who sold us out?" She said as the realization hit her.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm

A hoarse scoff leaves Yvaine's throat at the girl's questions. "The Pilorum. I do not know that much about them, except from a few reports I've received over the years, and none of it is good."

And at the mention of the betrayer, she sinks deep in to thought, not really answering the question. She was fairly certain it had been Viola, but how the little bitch had been able to collect enough information to have this fate handed to her was the real question. All of her facilities were secure, all of her files and information about her were still locked down somewhere she hadn't even visited in years... there was no way Viola had been able to find that information.

But here she was. In chains, just waiting to die an extremely painful death. And she wouldn't even live long enough to see the betrayer's head on the floor in front of her. It was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Kasumi sighed, figuring the woman had been through enough interrogation. Dammit... She thought. She sifted through her options now, the precious few that she still had. She could resist and die with her dignity, but she knew how well that had went. Comply with their wishes, although she shivered at the thought. Or... Her lips twitched as she thought of the idea, Yeah, I would be content with that. She looked back up to Yvaine, "Just so you know, I don't blame you. I was frustrated, but there's no point in that now." She said.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:27 pm

A very raspy, cracked laugh makes its way out of Yvaine's throat at Kasumi's words. "I'm sure you don't. Though it is the truth, if you hadn't met me you would still be healthy and alive."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 pm

Kasumi let out a small, "Psssh," Waving off Yvaine, although it seemed like the woman couldn't see her at the moment, "Please, what else was I going to do? Starve on the street? Don't take the blame for my decision." She said, "There's no point in arguing about this, though. We will have the same fate."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Yvaine's reply is slow, speaking clearly being difficult for her, though she was being careful to consider her words well ahead of time. "You were pretty enough... you could have done a lot of things besides sign up to be an informant for the queen of the underground in Vale. But you are correct, we will both die here, eventually. And the only thing I can hope for is the death of the bitch who sold me, and thus you, out."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:39 pm

That gave Kasumi a laugh, "Amen to that!" She managed to say before she began coughing. It lasted only a short time before she cleared her throat, tasting blood run down the back of her throat. She decided to be silent for the time being, having nothing more to say to the woman chained up in front of her. At this point...she was actually looking forward to death.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 5:22 pm

"That isn't necessarily correct."

Nonus appeared in the corner of the cell, his arms crossed as he leaned casually against the wall.

"You're right. She is 'pretty enough' to have taken other paths." With a gesture, two Frumentarii appeared and grabbed Kasumi, forcing her head up to meet the gaze of their leader. "... What's her name, again, Chaff?"

The voice of the woman who had fought Kasumi again met her ear. "Kasumi Futo, Imperator."

"Ah, yes." Nonus smiled, eyes locked onto Kasumi's. "You have a choice to make, Kasumi. Live, or die painfully..."

=====

A shiver went through Pia's spine as she parsed through information from throughout the capital of Vale, watching Nonus through what was essentially the corner of her eye. It was as much physiological as psychological, and it was not chill from her loose tunic, as the augments tying her computer access directly to her brain handled the volume of data.

Her biological hardware was just as taxed, as she didn't even realize Fausta was with her until she felt a skeletal hand on her shoulder and jumped, losing track of her data as she pushed it from her mind. "Sc-Scarecrow I-!"

"Shh." That single shush was all it took to stop Pia. "Do you bear news from Holy Pilum?"

"I do not, Fausta Gnaea," Pia's eyes were cast downward, and she cringed when her formal tone caused Fausta to glare.

"Odd." She just sighed, then took hold of Pia's chin, forcing her face upward to look her in the eyes. "How strange. Every member of this circle is a top-ranked agent in their field. An experienced Frumentarius. A veteran. Except you." She smiled, holding the trembling girl's chin. "You're the only one here who holds but a spark of innocence within eyes."

"Dominus requested that I sort this data," Pia said, biting her lip. She let Reaper's instructions stand, not wanting to ask that Fausta let her go.

"... Yes, about Nonus... You have never answered me one thing, Pia..."

The girl slipped from Fausta's grasp, her cheeks going red as she returned her eyes to the floor. "I- I should continue work..."

"Ah. You know of which I speak." Again, Fausta grabbed her chin, the old woman's arms surprisingly strong for her age. Especially in full low-profile power armor, compared to Pia's lack of such. "I will ask you again, Pia. Who between you suggested his @&#$ inside you."

The Servus was bright red, and she closed her eyes. "It- It does not matter..."

"It matters to me. It became a matter I am concerned about when you took surrogate status as a daughter after all of my children left me. An arrangement neither of us had planned, but one in which we find ourselves." Not caring about the juxtaposition of cold forwardness and sentimentality, Fausta's grip on Pia's chin tightened. "... You stand a Servus. You cannot refuse your Dominus, or speak ill of him. But I am a Patrician, and your nervousness-"

"My nervousness is my own." Pia's voice was sharp and clear, as she struggled out of Fausta's grip again. "... It... it was mine... I offered myself to Dominus." She wrapped her arms around herself, not looking at Fausta. "I avoid topic because of personal discomfort... Because of unplanned motherly role you find yourself again in. No such discomfort stands when I lie with my Dominus." She swallowed, blinking as she cautiously glanced up at Fausta and cringed when her hand again approached.

The older woman merely ruffled Pia's hair, however, and gave a deep sign. "... Apologies... Concern blinded me to proper course..."

"N-no..." Pia's lip was again between her teeth. "Apology stands mine. I should not have spoken in such a way to a Patrician..."

"Your words stand from Frumentarius to Frumentarius."

"Then I should not have spoken in such a way to one who stands like a mother..."

Fausta just smiled sadly, stroking Pia's pinkish locks. "... I worried, seeing someone so innocent with a man like Nonus. Apprenticeship as a Frumentarius is violent enough, but... your Dominus stands one of the most ruthless and cunning men that I know." She slowed and stopped, closing her eyes. "Even I'm afraid of what he's capable of. No matter how I try to constrain that ambition, he finds reason. And I worry that he's right." The old woman gave a sad chuckle, and planted a kiss on Pia's forehead. "I merely worried about him destroying something precious to fulfill desires..." Slowly, her face twisted into a scowl. "... Like he threatens to do now... With retaliation for the assassination plan against Decimus Regulus... and his planned response to Astus Fortuna."

"... Dominus has good reason..." It was all Pia said, her gaze returned to the floor.

"Perhaps..." Fausta paused, looking at Pia. "You were eight when Astus Fortuna happened. And you told me you watched Nonus work."

Pia nodded. "Our instructors were so focused on network counter-intrusion that they didn't keep us out of the cameras."

Fausta again ruffled Pia's hair, sighing. "... You're entirely too pure Pia. I hope you never let this work change you..." She left the second part of her hope silent. That Nonus doesn't either...

=====

Yvaine hadn't been let out of that room since she was captured, but she and Kasumi were dragged outside, roughly, at Reaper's command. "The two of you are both very fortunate, and very unfortunate..."

People, former employees of Yvaine, were lying in a large pit, not moving, but breathing. The reason was made quite clear as a man was forced over a metal box, and a small knife plunged into the back of his neck, severing his spinal cord to paralyze him before he was tossed into the pit, still alive.

"The good news is, you aren't going to be spending another week suffering torture for the sake of punishing you for your parts in this debacle, because our timetables have been moved up." Nonus drew his sword, pointing it at Yvaine. "And you get the good news of probably getting to see your tool in your stupid... stupid... assassination attempt get what's coming to her after all. Granted, it's probably going to be from a nice vantage point hanging from a cross."

Behind him, another employee was being paralyzed, while a somewhat handsome and well-built man had a device pressed against the back of his neck and a collar placed around it. Nonus seemed to notice, and glanced back.

"... And therein lies the bad news for Kasumi... Your fate is up in the air, at the moment. So I'll ask you again. Do you want to live," Nonus pulled a device like the one that had pressed against the man's neck out of a pocket. "... Or die, slowly starving to death in that hole, unable to move?"

((Yay for gratuitous characterization of NPCs.))
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Shrugging as best she can at the threats of the Pilorum before her, Yvaine smiles slightly at the mention of the probable death of the betrayer. "I would gladly endure years of torture to see her head on a platter before me, so that is good news indeed."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 am

Kasumi looked at the pile of paralyzed bodies, slightly horrified at the brutality of the whole situation. She glanced between the pile of bodies and Yvaine, slowly coming to a realization, I need to do something to help her, and this is the only way. She closed her eyes, appearing to think about her decision, Anything to prevent those bastards from doing anything else.

She opened her eyes, looking straight at where Yvaine's heart was. Her golden eyes glowed bright, and she saw the flesh burn away on the woman's chest. She poured her aura into the attack, burning straight through the woman's ribs and scorching away her heart. She felt a trickle of blood come from her left eye, and quickly lost sight in it, having overused her semblance too quickly. Yvaine was shrieking in pain throughout the ordeal, and a tear fell from Kasumi's still working eye as she watched her former employer die. Finally though, it was over, and Yvaine was finally able to rest.

Kasumi's chest heaved with exertion, and she looked up at her captor with a smile, "I'll let you make the decision now." She said, content with what she had done. She closed her eyes, still smiling, and now began to giggle. The giggle turned into an almost uncontrollable laughter, but Kasumi had no idea why she was doing so. I might have lost it. Was the only thought that was able to form in her scattered mind.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:30 am

"I wonder if you think that a mercy... snatching her greatest hope from her, then killing her in as brutal a way as we had planned..."

Nonus didn't give Kasumi a chance to use the ability again, his sword plunging into her other eye.

"Now, she'll get her final wish. She still died in agony, her empire was still crushed, and her crime is still answered for. All you did, after the price of challenging us was made quite clear in that dungeon, was provoke my ire..."

Immediately, Stalk and Sheaf were on hand, and Nonus glared at them.

"Find me the @&#$ responsible for Aura suppression. I want him flogged until he needs neural clips for his &$#@ing spine to work! I did not select the best and brightest for this operation only to be undermined by a &#@$ing Barbarian because one of the 'best and brightest' is incompetant!"

Nonus grabbed Kasumi by the throat, growing as he lifted the now-blind girl.

"And you... I was going to offer you mercy... Life as something better than... this... And you produce $@#& to piss upon my benevolence... Now? You're going to have that pain inductor running through your veins twenty-four hours a day. Every moment, you will suffer an unending, timeless, sleepless hell, kept perfectly restrained in sensory deprivation. For at least a year, you'll suffer in this hell, and when there's nothing left of Kasumi Futo, when your mind is destroyed by the ordeal... Then I'll decide what to do with you..."

Nonus threw the girl aside, growling.

"... Get me patched through to the Senate. Let us see what we can salvage from the mire of shit and piss this operation has become..." Nonus glared at Yvaine's lifeless corpse, nodding to it. "... And someone tell me they recorded that @&#$'s last moments. They'll be awaiting it for broadcast..."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 am

Kasumi hardly felt the pain, even as her body screeched in protest. She lost sight in her remaining eye, probably due to one of her captors assaulting her, but she was too lost in her mind to care. She fell to the ground, laughing still at the world, I'm gonna die, maybe not soon, but at least I resisted these bastards. They forced me to do it! I had no other choice! These people are evil, so anything I could do will help! She thought as her body continued to laugh uncontrollably. It seemed that something had finally snapped in her head, and she was now lost to goodness-knows what. The strain on her body to stay conscious was too much due to the blood pouring from her eyes, and she slipped slowly into darkness with one final thought, I've won!
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Gaia wrote:
THE SENATE HAS BEEN CONVENED. YOUR NAME WAS MENTIONED IN THE NOTES FOR THE MEETING. DUX CLEMENTIA HAS CONFIRMED THAT IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH YOUR ACTIVITIES, AND THE PRESENCE OF THE NINTH CIRCLE IN VALE. I AM STILL SEEING WHAT I CAN FIND

It was the middle of the night when Leo's eye opened, the high priority message knocking him from his research into Airship lift engines.

Several times, the giant reviewed the message from someone he hadn't had contact with since leaving, before swallowing, and dialing a number.

"... Viola... We have a problem..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)   Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retribution, Second Movement (CLOSED)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3