RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worldbuilding: How To

Go down 
+2
Daemonblade
Kooplah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Worldbuilding: How To Empty
PostSubject: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:09 am

Welcome to Worldbuilding. This area of the forums functions much like the character creation section. However, here you are looking to create a location in the world of Remnant. The area or place must be approved by three moderators before it can be accepted. Once accepted, a new subforum may be added for it, and it will be considered "RWBY-RPG Canon". This means that its a canon location on this website, but not in the actual show.

Ready to create something? We don't have a template or anything for you, but we hope you won't need one. Its hard to create a template for something that can be a very broad amount of various things. You can create whatever you like. A city, a town, a specific location within Vale, an NPC, a Grimm... or a combination of all these things. We will in general require a name for this location, and where it actually is in regards to Vale. Outside of Vale, inside the Kingdom, on another continent, that kind of thing. We don't know exactly where Vale is on the map, so we can't give specific locations yet. It should be pretty vague. It can't be in a extremely specific place, because it could interfere with something canon that is revealed in the future.

We will also be requiring a fair level of detail. You don't need a novel or anything, but being as descriptive as possible will allow others to more accurately play in your location. The purpose of this forum is to increase the size of the world from a single city and school.

This thread may be used for questions, if anyone has any. Otherwise, have at it.

Last edited by Kooplah on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 pm

A city is acceptable. Here's basically what is restricted. You can't say that it is right outside Vale, or a part of Vale(doesn't apply to a city of course), and doesn't appear in places like the Emerald Forest or Forever Fall forest. Basically, it has to have a level of detachment from the canon world, so that the canon can develop without overlapping.

A city in a far off land is perfectly fine, but it shouldn't be the capital city of a kingdom, or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:32 pm

It'll be circumstantial. Certain things won't warrant a subforum. If its a large city and is written well and the writer wants a subforum, we'll look into it. So case by case. Its difficult to define specific parameters for this because its a potentially massive range of options and if we define rules right away we'll probably have to change them constantly. As such, each submission will be discussed in detail. It won't be the same as character approvals where we just say yes or no, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Alright, so I have an odd question and I'm not sure it exactly belongs here but why not. If I was to make an area, would I be able to create Grimm to inhabit it? I have an idea for an area but I need to know if I can add Grimm or if I have to use Base Grimm with exceptions for bosses and such.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:24 pm

You are allowed to create Grimm. People have done that for their plots in the past and such. We are still working out exactly how to handle it, but for now, that kind of thing can go in here, yes.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:53 am

I know the answer for this should be obvious, but what level of detail would be recommended? I have four different areas currently that I'm working on and I need to know how in-depth I have to go with them.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 pm

The more detail, the better. The detail should be high enough so that other people don't need to ask very many questions and can effectively utilize the information to do things like roleplay and create threads.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm

So about DnD or GURPs detail, got it
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 pm

This forum is gonna be much more about discussing/changing/editing submissions than just an Approved or Denied. If you make your submission and its for example, a 5 line paragraph describing a massive metropolis the size of Vale with several well known combat schools and organizations... we're gonna tell you to expand on the details of everything instead of just denying it. Now, to use another silly example, if you submit a city that is extremely well detailed, but is made entirely of brothels... we'd be less inclined to allow that, because it wouldn't make sense and certainly won't fit into the world very well.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Killjoy.

Can we at least establish relations between said place and Vale? Like an agreement giving some originating characters diplomatic immunity trading relations etc. ?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Yes. You may integrate your place/organization/thing/noun as much as you like to help bind it to the world.
Back to top Go down
Etoilesstar95

Etoilesstar95

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Can you create animals that aren't Grimm?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Right now, only animals existing on Earth live in Remnant until the show proves otherwise. Besides, what would you create? A bird is a bird, a dog is a dog, a cat is a cat.
Back to top Go down
Etoilesstar95

Etoilesstar95

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Pretty much. Maybe color modifications. No mix. But the color thing can come or go.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 4:08 pm

I've already asked a question in here, but yet another shall be asked. If I was to create a vehicle would I also put this here? Or would you prefer for me to have multiple vehicles done before I place an entry?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:30 pm

A vehicle for your character's personal use? Something like that can just be added to your profile I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 6:57 pm

It's more of a vehicle like the Bullhead, as in a mass production vehicle. Military, civilian, etc.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:46 pm

I suppose you can do that. I don't think its necessary, unless you wanted to do something like build the company that makes this vehicle, and that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:05 pm

So best idea would be to create a production line made by the company if I do actually put anything up. Got it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: How To   Worldbuilding: How To Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worldbuilding: How To
Page 1 of 1