RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition

Go down 
+3
Dakir
MrManix
Kooplah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Empty
PostSubject: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:04 am

Alright, so I had a thought. Since we're getting this whole worldbuilding thing rolling... I figure we could use some worldbuilding for the things we already have. So! Here's what I got for that. Want to describe the Beacon Academy Arena? Does it have a range for firearms? Bows? Both? Does it have an artillery range since the former two wouldn't last 5 seconds against most of our weapons? How about the cafeteria, or the cliffside area. Garden section? Courtyard? All those things. We aren't looking for super unique and original here, but it needs to be nice and well constructed.

I also am using this post to let people know, for those working on worldbuilding things, that you CAN create all manner of stuff. Organizations within Vale, shops, chain stores, faunus clothes stores, Grimm, etc. Not all of these warrant their own subsection of course, but they will be displayed in some fashion in their respected areas. The worldbuilding threads are gonna be rewritten to be more clear on some things now that I have fielded some questions, as well.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Hell, I'd be willing to map out the whole school's layout. I've considered doing it for a while actually. Of course, I'd need a bunch of input from everyone here.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:34 pm

MrManix wrote:
Hell, I'd be willing to map out the whole school's layout. I've considered doing it for a while actually. Of course, I'd need a bunch of input from everyone here.

I'd love to help contribute, and that's a damn good idea.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

How 'bout an arena with tons of caged Grimm so students can try out their semblances and weapons, see how good they are.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Switchblade wrote:
How 'bout an arena with tons of caged Grimm so students can try out their semblances and weapons, see how good they are.

I like it.
Naturally, it'd be run by the teacher with the musket-ax that Weiss displayed her abilities to.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Captain, I'm pretty sure the only canon character from the series we will have on here is Ozpin. More likely we would have a modmin's teacher char run it. However, I don't even think we would have this arena, since we already have one.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:24 pm

"OFFICIAL RWBY CHARACTER do not exist in this world except: Ozpin, Glinda and professors."
Professors, homie.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
"OFFICIAL RWBY CHARACTER do not exist in this world except: Ozpin, Glinda and professors."
Professors, homie.

This is correct, however I do suggest and encourage the creation of new teacher NPCs. The main reason we only barely use these canon ones is that we know very little about them, and their personality. I'd rather not see a canon character roleplayed then watch the show and it turns out they're completely different, or some such.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:29 am

Seeing how the arena we already have doesn't have much description, I would assume that it already is suppose to be sturdy so the char's don't destroy it. I feel like it wouldn't be that hard to just say that the arena we have already had those Grimm in cages and people just didn't use them.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:56 pm

I feel like those semblances seem over-powered to me. But if they can do that, I think that the people who have them are able to control it so it isn't that damaging. I feel like if they used it, it would be more only during a plot taking place somewhere else rather than just fighting a Grimm in a controlled environment.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Honestly, we only need one arena. You can say that it has the walls with the strength of a nuclear bunker. You can say that there are cages of Grimm that can be used in it to fight. You can say these things because it hasn't had actual details about it previously stated. That is why we only need the one.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 6:05 pm

Grimm in CAGES. Let me be clear, they aren't roaming free the entire time in the arena. They are let out for the person using the arena for that purpose. I doubt we would have problems of them fighting people that are sparring at the same time, because the arena isn't used much anyways. People have threads that are specific to their fight and only their fight, so they don't have people interrupting it. We used to have an ongoing thread for the arena, but people stopped really using ongoing threads because there a bit of a pain to figure out the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:05 pm

You let them out, and then the person who was suppose to fight them, fights them. The person defeats them = no more Grimm outside of cages. Bim, bam, done.

Edit:
Daemonblade wrote:
My character Nathaniel has one of those 'OP as hell' abilities, but because of this I only intend on using it in a single plot, which I will be running.

Just looked at your profile for Nathaniel. I don't see where your OP ability is, you might want to actually have it written down so you know that the mods/admins approve of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition   Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worldbuilding: RWBY Edition
Page 1 of 1