RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darcil

Darcil

Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Doragon had Lillith with him by his arm walking down the halls of Beacon academy, heading towards the cafeteria. Most of his team apparently haven't eaten today yet and he was famished. Today had been a long day for him indeed, meeting the new teammates he will have to lead, the ceremony, and some of the nonsense that happened in the dorms. Many things were on Doragons mind as he walked through the halls. How are the other two doing, when does he need to work again, and who really is Lillith.

He didn't really worry about it much though, all will be explained it time he though. As they arrive into the cafeteria its seemed to be much more empty than he expected, they must have just missed the dinner rush. Fine by him in the end "Lets go eat!" He says to Lillith smiling. No need to be mean to his partner, might as well be friendly. Luckily there was no line since the rush had passed, Doragon walks up to the start. He orders some sushi, with a salad and an apple. After grabbing some water to drink he goes and takes a seat a fairly empty table near the front of the room.

He starts to eat his food, actually enjoying it. "This food isn't half bad." He thinks to himself.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Unaware that she was practically dragging Doragon along, Lilith's mind focused onto her team. There were numerous little quirks that she kept pondering on. Something from every member on the team.

First there was the very person she was dragging along, Doragon. His past defiantly brought up some questions. 'Now... what happened between him and his father... He had fond memories of him so that strikes out some kind of fight.' There was only one possibility she could think of; he died. That of course lead to how. She remembered how he looked when he spoke. There was some kind of tension emanating from him at the time. 'He's angry about it... but why...?' Could it be that he was to blame? Or maybe he wasn't able to stop it in time. There were so many possibilities that she didn't feel like going to far out on a limb.

Then there's Amaya, the shy recluse. There was the obvious things that came with anyone that was that shy of possible being bullied. She was unsure of her words and avoided talking when she could. She also secluded herself from the group quite quickly, heading off to the range by herself. Then there was what her instincts were saying. Lilith couldn't help but feel something else was off about her, but what it was avoided her.

Finally was Matthew, the most interesting of the three. She felt like he lied straight to all their faces with a story about going to his locker. She remembered seeing him walk out of the room in such a rush. Why would he rush off like that just to get something in a locker? And the way he spoke was full of unsureness like Amaya, but he didn't have any of the same signs that Amaya showed. After he came back, he didn't try to avoid confrontation with anyone.

Lilith was snapped back to the real world as Doragon spoke. She let go of his arm as she realized that they had made it to the cafeteria. She was surprised at how empty the lunch hall was. She hesitated for a second before following suit, and soon enough, her hesitation was well met. She passed by the meat section, seeing nothing but greasy slabs of what she could only assume was mystery meat. Making a b-line for the salad section, she was let down once again. The lettuce, normally the green, leafy and thin, was the nasty, thick, white end instead. Skipping over the salad, she stopped at the fruit section. Picking up the two best looking red apples she could fine, she joined Doragon at his table. She may not have had much, but she never ate much because of her size.

Sulking a little, she hungrily bit into the first apple, wishing they had something better to eat.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Doragon looks at the displeased Lillith munching on an apple. "For someone who has one of the loudest stomach I have ever heard, you sure aren't eating a lot." Doragon thinks about why she might not like the food, He has had MUCH worse than this and is rather thankful that at least it is edible. He ponders, maybe she is used to much more elegant food?

"Ya know, I was considering of just making food for our team instead of just having the cafeteria food. Couldn't do it tonight though since I don't have any ingredients." He trails off a bit. "Anywho, how are you today?"

"Dear lord trying to make small talk is gonna be the end of me."
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 3:31 pm

Sinking her fangs into her juicy meal, Lilith took a second to suck out some of the sweetness, attempting to enjoy it some. She was stopped dead in her tracks are Doragon decided to point out her choice in meal size. Popping out the chunk she had already started on, she addressed Doragon after taking her time to chew up and swallow her mouthful. "You know, it's rude to comment about how a lady eats." she said with a humph before biting out another chunk.

She sat quietly, munching on her apple, while Doragon talked about cooking food for the team himself. "Well." She paused as she took yet another bite. "Can't be any worse than the grub they serve here." She mumbled with a mouthful. Realizing she had just talked with her mouth full, she held a hand up as she quickly swallowed. "Oops, at least they can't mess up a delicious apple. At least I hope they can't." Taking one last bite, she sat the core down.

Picking up the second fruit, and happy she had something in her stomach, she began to think about how to best figure out the only member of her team that was around.'Let's see... Doragon's dad met an unfortunate end. Lets see if we can't find out how it happened.' Sinking into the new apple, she started sucking out some of the juice instead of eating, so she wouldn't be talking with her mouth full again.

"So, you said your father use to teach you to fight right? What about the rest of your family? Any brothers or sisters?" She could directly ask him how his father met his end. She could only hope for some kind of slip up, and she'd have to go on from there.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Doragon took Lillith's comment about his cooking as best as he could, ignoring her comment about the "rude" gesture he made. "The food could always be much worst, honestly some of the better food I have been able to eat."

Doragon starts wondering to himself where the other two members of his team could be, they have been away for some time now. He hopes that everything between them is going to be alright. He takes another peice of sushi from his small plate and takes a bite of it.

"Nope I was an only child, my father was an ex hunter who fell in love with my mother. I lived in Vale till I was about age 7 and then we lived in the forest of forever fall." He laughs a bit "They kinda had their hands full taking care of me."

Doragon still wasn't going to let his whole history out so outright, without getting something in return. "My turn, tell me about your family, parents? siblings?"
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 5:34 pm

Lilith sunk her fangs back into place, taking a small bite while Doragon gave her some what vague details. She smiled as he asked for info in return. 'Oh, gonna play this game, huh? Guess I'll have to just be patient and play along.'

Swallowing, she looked into Doragon's eyes with a smirk. "Alright, if you really want to know." She slipped in another bite, making Doragon wait for her answer. "The same as you. One mommy and one daddy." She continued with her apple as thought about how to play this game of twenty questions.

"So, how are your parents doing? Were they sad about you leaving for school?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Doragon finishes off the last of his sushi and switches to his salad after taking a drink. "Why is she so interested in my past? What is she getting at? Either way she doesn't deserve to know just yet, not until I can trust her enough."

"You could say I miss my parents more than they miss me! I tend to give them headaches from time to time." He chuckled to himself. He removes his blades from his back and sets on the table. "Damned things poke into my back to much."

"So why did you come to beacon?"
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Matt would reach forward, showing a bit of courtesy for Amaya by holding the door open for her as they continued talking between themselves, entering the cafeteria. He'd seem completely engaged as they wandered inside, still without his jacket from the range as he'd blindly walk toward the line toward the food. Remembering how hungry he was, he'd clutch his stomach a moment as a low rumble came from him, laughing sheepishly. "That competition worked up an appetite. I could go for anything spicy right now..." He'd trail off a moment as the aroma of prepared meals filled the air, peeking at what people had on trays and plates.

"Though, I gotta say," reaching to clutch his right shoulder, he'd swing his arm in a tiny circle as he paused, "That gun sure packs a punch." After five shots, he could feel the soreness creeping, never dealing with such a powerful kickback since Signal. While he had the physique for someone that favored fighting up close, he wasn't necessarily looking to accurately hit things eighty percent of the time if he had to use his shotgun. He'd laugh a bit at himself, assuring Amaya, "I promise I'm not that much of a wimp!"

Dangling from his waist, his two black tonfa hung from it's holster on his belt, the weight making his jeans a little baggier than before as he peered around the cafeteria for either a spaded tail or weird ears while they waited in line to get food. "Doragon and Lilith should be somewhere around here..."
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Doragon's response didn't surprise Lilith. No one ever likes to talk about their past when it's tragic. But there was one way of making someone talk about something tragic; however, she knew she'd have to play things perfectly for it to work. Almost as if on queue, Doragon asked her the perfect question for the set up.

Having to think quickly on her feet, Lilith made sure that her eyes slowly moved away, avoiding any kind of eye contact. To help sell the act, she lowered the apple away from her mouth, trying to make it seem like she was to distracted to worry about eating. She made sure that every single part of her was playing the part.

Making sure that even her voice had lost the same happy tone, "... Like I said... you wouldn't like what would hear... not like anyone has really ever cared...."
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 pm

"Ah shit I hit a hard spot......well serves her right, keep questioning me I am gonna do the same right back." Doragon wasn't trying to be mean to his new teammate. He just...well even he doesn't know. Small talk? Getting to know? Just trying to pass the time?

He keeps his head down at his food for a minute and avoids eye contact. He sighs as he finishes another piece of his salad. "Alright look, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't care. If you don't want to talk about it thats fine, but just say so. Sorry."

He finished up the rest of his salad and takes a drink of his water. He offers Lillith his apple to try and apologize further "Why the hell I am being this nice right now is beyond me." His orange eye starts to glow slightly due to him being a little irritated.

Why looking around the room he notices his other two teammates entering the line for food and gives them a slight wave so they know where they are.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:04 am

Amaya gave a small smile of appreciation as she said a quick thank you before approaching the door. She stopped herself just short and reached up to pull the hair tie out of her hair and letting  her ponytail fall apart and down to it's typical style down around her neck to hide her scales. "I almost forgot..." She explained sheepishly before walking through the door and into the cafeteria.

It was strange to her that she would have forgotten to hide something she had maintained a secret for so long, but she couldn't help but feel comfortable around Matt for some reason. She couldn't quite explain it, but even after he had been so nervous around Faunus at first, the way he reacted when he found out about her true nature made her feel almost normal. The Faunus shook her head slightly, as if trying to dislodge the distracting thought.

As the human started to make small talk as they approached the line, Amaya couldn't help but blush a little. She felt strange talking so openly when there were so many other people, the dull hum of dozens of conversations going on at once filled the room and made her realize that she was once again surrounded by people infinitely more social and outgoing than she was.

"I'm still trying to work on developing a better muzzle break for the rifle." She said, almost apologetically. "I get the same problem, although a bit worse since I'm quite a bit weaker than the average person." Amaya had put it rather timidly, feeling odd to admit to her own physical weakness.

"You get used to it though." She added, a brief glimpse of the personality Matt had seen on the range shining back to the surface for a moment, "It takes a while, but eventually you just sort of ignore the soreness."

They made their way through the line getting food, Amaya opting for a simple serving of Chicken and Rice with a little bit of gravy for flavoring as well as a glass of warm tea. She didn't need a whole lot of food to keep her going, but after going for almost an entire day without food she had to admit she was at least getting a little hungry. The warm tea would probably pick her up a little from the mild exhaustion she felt from having been out in the cold for longer than she cared to be.

Still, Matt's jacket had certainly made sure she wasn't nearly as cold as she would have been otherwise. Amaya hadn't even noticed that she was still wearing it, getting used to the heat of it and even the lingering scent of Matt.

"I see them, over there." Amaya said, finally pulling herself out of the thoughts that had distracted her. She headed over to where their other two teammates were sitting, trying desperately to avoid eye contact with anyone all while feeling various glances pass over her or thinking she was hearing comments even if nothing was actually being said. She turned a slightly darker shade of red and picked up the pace to her teammates although still putting a fair amount of distance at the table between them and herself.

"Uhh, hi..." The Faunus deadpanned rather awkwardly as she set her tray down and took a seat.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:47 am

The moments Amaya had with her guard completely down had made him feel an infectious smile develop at times from seeing her so... relieved and sociable. Knowing that they had practically had a gush of each others deepest fears back at the range, it was like dealing with an entirely different person. His eyes would flicker as he nodded at the Faunus explaining the development of the muzzle was still a work in progress, admitting openly that she too felt a little soreness as they moved through the lines. Conversation ceased momentarily as they came within the various trays of food available for them to pick and chose from. His eyes would go wide for the various options about, feeling the empty void of his stomach crave for one specific flavor: spices.

Healthy wasn't quite the first word to come to mind with his love of a good, peppery burn, Matt's voice occasionally asking for things as if it were a dire necessity to be more that just mild sauce on shrimp. He'd even take matters into his own hands as he hung around the condiment station for a little while, drizzling the various sauces they had, especially the Sriracha. The red, pungent sauce would be drizzled over anything on his tray-- a roll of sweet bread, a side of fried rice with shrimp, and the slab of grilled tilapia unable to escape the dark red reach of the spicy, chilie-based paste. He'd even sprinkle a few of the red pepper flakes on for measure. A cup of steaming hot tea was on the side as a little pick-me-up for the days events, remembering that he had to at least unpack his uniform and bed sheets before passing out.

Amaya getting a little tense was to be expected, looking her direction with a look of pity. He at least understood why though, and by no means an easy task to overcome. Still, as he gazed about the crowds that gathered, the sights of animal-like ears and features still gave him the willies, and having to return in the company of two additional Faunus he didn't know much about except for name alone was going to be an uphill battle.

Taking the last seat at the table, Matt would give a relaxed sigh, oblivious to the fact that Amaya had even had his jacket on. He'd move to shoulder the attention off his partners awkwardness as he glanced over at Doragon and Lilith a moment, following with, "I hope we aren't interrupting anything. We had just gotten sidetracked a bit at the range talking about weapons." He'd offer a friendly smile, mentally focusing elsewhere to not seem as uneasy, his attention sinking down to his tray in excitement. Fork would mix around the red chili paste with his rice, lifting as much as he could hold on it to his mouth to feel the resulting warmth with a pleased, "Mmhh." as he chewed. The burn of spices was instantaneous, but nothing out of his tolerance thanks to his semblance as he took enjoyment from the radiating warmth of chili peppers with a side of shrimp and rice.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 pm

It took every bit of strength not to smile when she noticed that Doragon was also avoiding eye contact. It wouldn't get her an answer right away, but she knew that it was only a matter of time. She could tell from how he's been acting that Doragon wouldn't let a void develop within the team. Also making it sound like she had a similar hardship would only make it more fitting.

She kept up her act, looking down at her apple as Doragon played into the ploy, apologizing to her. 'I'm sure he'll give up in a matter of no time...' not answering him to make it seem like she was upset. The remained like that, just staring at her apple for a minute or two, but her mind started to actually think about his question. 'Why am I here....' Her thoughts were brought out of her trance as she noticed an apple being offered to her.

She stared at it for a second, being a little taken by surprise as she slowly came back to what she was doing before. She shook her head, being her barely touched apple to back up."I-I'll be fine..." With that she started back on her own meal, still avoiding eye contact to keep up the act.

She was surprised again as the two other members of the team showed up. She had almost forgot that the two were out alone while she was attempting to pick apart Doragon's brain. She blushed a little, thinking about how to approach the new situation. She figured that it would be best to try to play off the conversation.

"N-nothing... We were just eating." She took advantage of her already blushing face, avoiding both of their stares while she stuff the apple in her face.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:53 pm

"You weren't interrupting anything, So how did the range go?" Doragon takes notice at Lillith denying him his offer of his apple. Doragon then takes his apple back and starts to eat at it. She notices how red Lillith and Amaya were and tried his best to hold in a laugh.

"You all didn't miss anything really, we just made some small talk. So whats everyone's plans for tommorow?" Trying his best to be a leader, he might as well keep tabs on everyone. He doesn't always need to be in their business, but keeping a track of his teammates he thought was a smart idea. Doragon finished the rest of his apple.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Scooping another mouthful of rice, Matt looked between Doragon and Lilith a moment, catching Lilith blushing about something as the two of them bit into their apples. He couldn't help but feel like they had caught the tail end of something awkward between them, but he wouldn't press the matter much as the four of them ate. Looking over at Amaya, the two girls of KRMA had nearly been an identical shade of red as he gave a little chuckle with a mouthful of food.

Before he would answer Doragon, something would catch Matt's eye on Amaya... something very familiar and grey in color-- his jacket. Taking another bite of his meal, his gaze would sink to his tray as he processed his thoughts in a little bit of a panic. There was no way to hide anything and get the jacket back and play it off... His fork would search his tray for other bits of his meal as he'd chew and look like he was about speak up. A little of a hard swallow came as he'd take a sip of his tea, responding. "The range was fine. We just fired a few rounds and talked about things..." He'd spoon a chunk of tilapia and rice in his mouth without looking toward the other two, making a soft, "Mmm." as he ate to give a distraction.

Following up another question, Matt thought for a moment. Classes would be starting early, he'd probably spend the day getting used to academic and studying and finish unpacking his items. He'd chew and gaze away from the table in thought, keeping his talking to a minimum to hide his uneasiness around the two other Faunus. Dealing with Amaya was oddly fine-- she hid her heritage well. The sight of tails and fangs though would make his skin crawl, but the hunger he had from not eating was far more important to fill as he plugged away at the meal he made without an answer right away to give someone else a chance to respond to their leader.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 pm

Lilith listened quietly as Doragon and Matt started some small talk. Of course, she really only had one thing planned for the rest of the day, and that was to spend time digging into her new team's heads. Even if she wasn't trying to act like she was upset with Doragon, she wouldn't tell anyone about it anyway. She continued munching away at her apple, almost being done with it, before she started wondering about why it had taken the other two so long to show up.

She finally peeked her eyes up, looking around as she took another bite from her depleting apple. She looked over at Matt, noticing that his jacket from before was missing. 'Did he leave it at the range?' She took one last bite as she turned her attention to Amaya. Lilith gasp at the sight, causing her to choke on her last bit of apple. Amaya was wearing his jacket and blushing a good amount, causing her mind to think that something 'serious' went down between them.

Letting out a wheeze at the sudden intrusion in her throat, she dropped the thinned apple and moved her hands to just below her throat. She tried to call out help, but all that came out was more wheezes. She stood up from her chair, still coughing, banging her hand against the table as her face started to change colors.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:36 pm

"Hmm I wonder WELL they know each other? Especially since amaya is now wearing his jacket....." Doragon wasn't exactly how to feel about his other 2 teammates. On one hand they seemed nor....well kinda normal, but are they being sweet to each other? This would possibly complicate matters for the team, let alone be slightly akward in the future.

"Who am I to judge?"
Overall it wasn't any of his business. There is an obvious extent to being the team leader, not a parent.

"Lillith are you?.....O shit." Doragon realized that Lillith was choking to death on her apple. "Umm...UMMM" Doragon frantically got up and smacked Lillith on the back to stop her from choking on her food. He eventually puts both of his hands around her and pulls up to save her from choking......and dying.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 am

"I managed to fix the problem with my scope..." Amaya said with a small shrug as she stabbed at her food with her fork. "It won't be giving me any problems anymore." Finally she ate a small piece of the chicken with a bit of the gravy covered rice. It was quite good, and considering that this was one of the main things she ate on a regular basis she was rather happy that the cafeteria knew how to make it well.

The Faunus could very suddenly feel all eyes of the table on her, and for the life of her she couldn't figure out what. She felt like she was heating up under their gaze, and she tried to stare down at her lap to not meet any of the looks when she realized what they were all looking at. She was still wearing Matt's jacket from the range. Normally she wouldn't pay this much mind after all it had been a friendly and caring gesture, but the way the other partnership of their team was looking at her was telling her that they weren't exactly on the same train of thought regarding the matter.

Of course, those looks had only lasted a matter of moments before Lilith started to choke on her apple. For the briefest of moments Amaya wondered if this was karma at work, but she dismissed that thought almost immediately as Dorogon because giving the bat Faunus CPR.

She was so embarrassed, at that point she had to fight to stop herself from standing up and running away while her team was still distracted. She hadn't even had time to react and assure them that it wasn't like that, but now Lilith was nearly choking to death because of whatever thoughts must have been passing through her head about the situation... That couldn't possibly have been a good sign.

Amaya rolled her shoulders back slightly as she sat and let the coat slide off her shoulders, revealing the black zip-up hooded sweatshirt that she had been wearing underneath. She handed Matt back his coat, feeling horribly awkward about the whole situation.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Matt looked abruptly toward the sound of slapping against the table, hearing Lilith draw a sharp gasp at something. Doragon had reacted much quicker though to the aide of his partner, watching as the Faunus slapped her back a few moments before performing the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge the apple in her throat. Judging from looking across the table at Amaya briefly, he figured she probably felt the same way he did... With such a sudden sight, there was something Lilith had wanted to say and call them out about. Looking a little embarrassed, he'd glance away a moment; it wasn't quite a joking moment as Lilith choked on her food, but he couldn't help but feel like the team name was appropriate for the four of them after this event.

His eye would catch something grey though, Amaya having slipped out of his jacket. Hesitantly, he'd reach for it from her, eyes looking to catch her gaze a moment as he'd mouth "My fault." to her. He should have remembered it coming in, but had gotten so locked up in discussion on the way back from the range that it felt like the distance was only a few short steps away.

Cautiously, he'd slip himself back inside the sleeveless jacket, the lingering feeling of Amaya's body heat as foreign as the perfume-like scent left behind. He'd reach to adjust the collar, letting it ride up a little to hide any kind of blush that may have developed as he'd adjust the jacket to his liking, picking a little spec of dirt here or there out of the fuzzy trim before looking over at the two, asking "You alright?" His fork would toy with his rice a bit, feeling a little guilty of the sight causing such a shock to Lilith and the new conversations that would probably haunt them around this. Internally, he'd apologize to Amaya-- so much for helping, a shaky first step out the gate.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Lilith was desperate for air as Doragon attempted to stop her from dying. She could feel him pat her on the back, making her to want to yell at him for being an idiot and give her the Heimlich maneuver, but not being able to breath seemed to be make that task impossible. She was started to lose consciousness as Doragon finally wrapped his arms around her. After a few thrusts, Lilith finally was able to dislodge the apple bite, shooting it across the room as she collapsed on top of the table. She greedily sucked in air, making it seem like it was her first time breathing. She heaved as the pain in her lungs slowly drained away.

She lifted her head up, face turning red, as she suddenly realized that she could feel a pair of hands that had moved down to her hips, leaving her in an awkward position with Doragon. She quick lifted herself back up and spun away from Doragon's hold. Almost falling over because of how light headed she was, she steadied herself while avoiding looking directly into anyone's face.

"T-t-thank you..." She didn't want to say it, but he did just save her life. The one thing she was sure of was that she wanted to get out of her newly acquired spot light. "I-I think I'll just go back and rest..." With that she turned around and steadily walked out, still blushing a good amount from the embarrassment of nearly choking and the awkward stance she was left in.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:18 pm

"Well that didn't get akward at all" He thought to himself. Doragon sighs and sits back down at the table. "Shit" looking around the room slightly seeing all the other students taking looking towards what just happened. Doragons eye twitched with annoyance.

"Well then, that happened.....Sorry" He kinda does a weak smile back at the other 2 teammates of his. "This day could have gone SO much better. Leading this team, if grimm doesn't kill them they may do it themselves!"

He takes his swords from the table and starts to twiddle his thumbs to keep himself occupied. "So what did you all discuss at the range if you dont mind me asking?"

(OOC: Edited doragon a bit, he is now a dragon faunus and has scales around his body (look at sheet for specifics on where.)
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:59 pm

When Doragon asked what they had done at the range, Amaya became quite focused on her food. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to say, but obviously it wasn't going to be the truth. Something told her that telling her team leader that Matt had a slight problem being around Faunus, and that she herself was hiding the fact she was a Faunus would make this little sit-down dinner even more awkward than it already was.

After eating a little bit more of her food, she tried her hand at playing off what had happened at the range. "We didn't really say that much." She lied with a small shrug, taking a sip of her tea as she tried to think of what else to say because she knew that wouldn't be enough to sate her team leader's curiosity. "Mostly we just got to know each other a little better..."

'Not that they hadn't already figured that out by the fact I was wearing his coat...' She berated herself, feeling stupid for having forgotten she was wearing it when she walked into the Cafeteria. Now the rest of her team probably had ideas in their head about what had really gone on, even if they were so completely far from the truth.

"I was kind of more focused on zeroing my rifle than anything." She said, hoping that perhaps Doragon would buy that lie more than he had bought her previous attempt at covering up what had gone on. The snake Faunus took another long sip from her tea and went back to trying to finish off her plate, hoping that Matt would help her out a little with this situation.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 pm

Giving a little nod to Amaya, picking up the undertones of her words, Matt followed right up after chewing on another fork full of rice and fish. "We didn't really get to interact a whole lot at initiation... Y'know being all close range, and Amaya having a rifle." He'd gesture to his tonfa hanging from his belt to sell a point to Doragon, looking over at the dragon Faunus, a little uneasy at the sight of his scales. He'd take control of her conversation a bit as he dug into another mixed split of fish and rice, chewing a bit to buy some time for a plausible reason being there so long.

"We had talked once or twice before in passing, but I figured while we were at the range, I'd just kinda chill out a bit while Amaya was doing her thing to adjust her scope." He'd occasionally gaze to make contact, but would look away and focus on other elements around him as he spoke to his leader, his hands a little animated as he waved his fork about. A pause would be made to make another dig into his plate as he created time to think. "I... didn't really pay much attention at Signal when it came to long range, so I just asked a few questions to pass some time when she finished. Before you know it, evening hit..."

He'd take the last of his rice and fish, grabbing his roll to mop up any of the hot sauce left on his plate, before taking a bite and pointing it forward to continue. He'd try to speak with his mouth full of the doughy bread a moment, letting out, "Sho dash-". He'd place a finger up as he finished chewing, the odd blend of sweet and spicy not being a good choice as he swallowed down the mistake with a little cough, "Sorry... chewy-- anyway, evening hit and things cooled down. I offered her my jacket while we talked some more about ranges and her rifle a bit, anddddd... yeah. Now we're here, a little late, but here."

Matt would shrug, playing things off casually and staying cool. Finishing his roll, he'd brush his hands together over his empty plate, a satisfied sigh coming from him-- Beacon's food didn't seem that bad so far. Leaning back in his seat, he'd do one extra for his flub earlier with Amaya, stretching his arms up and letting out a long yawn. "Spe~eeaking of evening... I've still gotta unpack. Should we head back?" He'd glace at Doragon a moment before turning his attention to Amaya, a subtle lift of his eyebrow closest to the door, trying a little non-verbal communication as he let her know his intentions of looking to bounce here if she wanted to follow.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 pm

"I figured we should." Its getting late and we have classes tomorrow. Also I think I may have to work tomorrow, not sure yet though. At the very least classes start tomorrow. As he ponders about what he needs to do he realizes he also needs to get typhoon checked on, sharpen his blades, go to the gym......at this rate he was going to be a very busy person soon.

He gathers up his trash and prepares to leave "Shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 12:10 am

Amaya listened to Matt's interpretation of the lie as to how things went down at the range and had to stop herself from nodding slightly in approval. It was quite a bit more than she would be able to say, considering her generally shy and anti-social tendencies, but it did the job. At any rate, Doragon had seemed to buy into it. At least, that was how it seemed to be, and she wasn't about to dig too deep into that matter.

As for the suggestion of heading back, Amaya agreed. She had finished with her rather small helping of chicken and rice, so there wasn't any reason to stay in the cafeteria. Of course, heading back to the dorm meant that the four of them would be in an even smaller room together. Sure they would be away from the general public, but she knew that by nature her team would probably be socializing or talking about something until they finally passed out.

She supposed that she had to clean her rifle anyways, so she supposed she would be able to keep herself occupied with that and manage to avoid socializing too much with the other three. 'At least I hope so...' She thought, not quite sure if that was how things would end up working when it came down to it.

The snake Faunus gave a small nod of agreement to the plan, and collected and disposed of her trash before waiting for the other two. As much as she wanted to walk on her own, she also didn't want to be the first one to get back and deal with the embarrassment of facing Lilith alone. Something told her that whatever the bat Faunus had thought was going on between Matt and herself would turn into some sort of plot or leverage or something else ridiculous.

After all, just from the short time she had dealt with the smaller girl, she could tell that was the kind of person she was. She could recognize it from her last school, and she never tended to get along with that kind of person. Not that she got along with anyone, of course...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)   Delaying the hunger (CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Delaying the hunger (CLOSED)
Page 1 of 1