RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 pm

(Takes place on Sunday, Second Week of the Fourth Month and right after the Ringing the Dinner Bell Thread)

By dawn, Vixen's airship was hovering above the water again, waiting for her passengers to board. The events of the previous night seemed to have been an eternity everyone was waiting to end.

"Today's a new day," she told her companions encouragingly. "And new days give new chances to people who want to fight what the world tosses at them. I am forever grateful that you're here with me now, trying to save someone close to us. Mind you, however, that on this mission, I want you all to be careful. This isn't some little Beacon mission. The obstacles you'll be fighting aren't Grimm. They're men. They have brains, they have resources, and the environment is to their advantage, not ours. Do not hesitate to fight, but don't be stupid to risk your life before the mission is even over. By the end of the day, I want everyone alive, understood?"

She knew the last statement wouldn't, couldn't, hold true exactly for one particular person in the group she addressed, but she dared not mention it. I can at least fight hoping, can't I?

Rory was the first to step up, Holzfallen's two axes tied behind her and Fusilier in her hand. The sadness she had felt before was replaced with the new will to fight and she looked at her friends with a determined smile.

"Let's get going!" she said.
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Sylvian puts her hand on Chesire's shoulder and gives him a tight grip.

"Drop the face, will you? This is the plan I've come up with. Should anything happen, it'd be me who will take the responsibility..."

She sounds different from her usual self.

"... So don't just lose it and risk your life unnecessarily. You guys too."

Then she takes her step into the airship right after Rory.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:36 pm

Aeden was not far behind once Rory boarded the ship. He glanced over toward Lucina and his hand instinctively went to his amulet. I wish she could have just stayed home this is going to be dangerous. Aeden walked into the airship and took a seat next to Rory. He turned and smiled at Rory while petting her head a bit. With enthusiasm in his voice Aeden speaks to her, "Today's the day we save Lise. Are you ready Rory?" 
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:51 pm

Rory bobbed her head and made a tight determined fist at Aeden.

"More then ready!" Rory said. "We're bringing Lise home today and we're going to throw her an even bigger dinner party when we do!"

She said all this perkily, though deep down inside, she still felt a tug of nervousness. She turned to Cheshire and Lucina, waiting for them to board.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 10:40 pm

Cheshire indeed had a solemn expression on his face. His aura was cold but determined. He was set on one thing, to save Liseran no matter the cost. Last night he had spent every second preparing. He added to his attire and he held firmly to the piece he spent the past eight years constructing bit by bit, finally completing it only now.

Spoiler:

He placed his glasses with a push of his middle finger, Helsingr and Baskerville holstered across his back as he stared at the airship. With a slow and steady stride, he got on board without a word.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 am

"Lucina, better hurry up there," Vixen called from her cockpit. "I'm closing the door in five...four...three..."

Though it was still twilight in the rest of the region, high in sky where the Fares Fortress was, the sun was already shining brightly. The airship containing Liseran had landed a few minutes earlier and Zan had cut the golden cord that tied her.

"I'm assuming you'll behave now, since you're my fiancee,"Zan said with a smirk. Liseran made no reply and simply gave him a dead stare as he leaned over to kiss her again. She felt her fists clutch tightly but afterwards they merely hung dead. Zan took Liseran's hand and led her forward, guards lining the path to the front gate of the huge dark castle structure.

Up ahead, a man in a white suit was waiting for them, upon seeing the two, he extended out his hands.

"Liseran Dormirse," the man said smiling in a sinister manner. "You have no idea how long we've been waiting for you to decide to finally join our family. I welcome you to your new home."

"It's nice to see you, too, father," Zan said. Liseran looked at the man in front and spoke with no emotion whatsoever.

"The pleasure is mine," she said, staring from behind her glasses. "Senator Alexander Fares."

The man continued to grin and finally, with Zan leading Liseran closer to him, the man kissed Liseran welcome on the cheek.

"You have no idea how much our future depends on you."
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 12:55 am

Lucina walked slowly into the airship as the door began to close. She almost dove in as she feared she would be squished in the door. She looks around with a faint smile saying, "I made it!" She unsheathes Aetherius and transforms it into its katana form resting on it. She looked at Aeden and said, "I knew you wanted me to stay..." She holds up her necklace for him to see signifying that everything would be fine. She does in fact, attend one of the best combat academies out there, right? After catching her breath she took a seat on the other side of Rory and said, "Let's do this and bring Lise home safe and sound!" Trying to be optimistic as she can, as she was told she was a pretty optimistic person.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:12 am

Vixen nodded with a coy grin.

"I'm glad everyone's on board," Vixen said. "Okay. The time now is six am and if all sailing goes smooth, we'll reach the region in approximately four hours' time. We won't have to worry about air monitoring since the airship has a camouflage."

She pressed a few buttons and a wide screen appeared on the main window.

"The Fares Fortress is about 100 miles east of the shore of the southern docks and rests high above. It's surrounded by a force barrier that will repel anything that tries to touch it. After that, there's a twenty meter wall made of stone and barbed. The main gates are steel and heavily guarded with armed men. On the inside is the castle. Sylvian, care to elaborate your plan from there?"
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:44 am

"With pleasure." Sylvian says with total confidence.

"To keep it short, I'll be dropping into the fortress from above when we reach it, since force fields are useless against my semblance. Once I've gotten inside, I'll broadcast the scene through our Scrolls and hold it long enough until Chesire is able to get in and shut down the force field while I'm keeping them busy."

She glances her eyes over Chesire to get his response, then continues her scheme.

"After we're done with the guards, it's time for us to take Liseran back. Just spread out and look for her as fast as possible, but don't do things recklessly on your own, for Liseran's and your own safety. Unless you have no other choices, otherwise you should wait for others when anyone catches a sight of her."

Last edited by Rajaah on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:37 am

Cheshire remained silent, his fist clenching and unclenching the handle on the suitcase he brought. His hair was messy from a sleepless night and his eyes were narrowed with determination in his topaz irises. Even though his eyes had dark rings and he still had his bangs covering one, his eyes seemed even keener then before.

As Sylvian explained her plan and looked at him, he simply nodded his confirmation.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Rory nodded her understanding and she clutches onto Fusilier tighter.

"Thank you, Sylvian," Vixen said as she kept her eyes focused on what lay ahead of the ship. "I am not sure where exactly Liseran would be held, but by the time we're there, there are a few possibilities. One is that she'll be with Zan at all times and therefore in the more central part of the fortress, where the more well-furnished parts are. The second is that they keep her contained in her own room. The third...is that they'll already be keen on using her semblance using equipment. To help with that, as we infiltrate I'm going to try hacking for the main blueprint of the castle from the inside and update your scrolls. That should suffice."

"That sounds good," Rory said. "Wait a minute...equipment?"Vixen nodded.

"It's true that Liseran semblance can see quite far and near without problem and that it's more detailed than mine and her father's semblance...but hers is terribly random. Even if she could foresee with the use of ice dust, it wouldn't be enough for big time operations like destroying factories or spying," Vixen explained. Her hands gripped the handle of the chair in what looked like anger. "A lot of research has been done on semblances and aura itself and the Fares have a certain piece of equipment that allows the extension and projection of the Sight semblance. It involves the person with the semblance being placed inside, needles attaching to her, probes on her head...It then gathers most of her aura to control what they want to see on various screens. It's extensively dangerous because they can't manage aura levels and it can drain all of it out of someone like a fluid being drunk through a straw dry.

"Liseran's father was the first subject who was ever used for it. Back then it was even more of a risk. Several times it caused him to collapse and after each time he was used for it, it eventually led to illness. He told me...the first time was the most dangerous. He told me a very important factor was the will of the subject. The will somewhat saved all the aura being drained. He told me Liseran was the main reason he survived. Liseran on the other hand...I am not sure what will she holds when she embraces her possible end. It's another reason we should find her as fast as possible. Any other questions? Because if not, help yourselves to some food and sleep. You'll need it."

She said the last part almost exactly to Cheshire. Rory stood up from where she was and went over to a basket of rolls and other pastries. She wasn't exactly hungry but a little food might boost up her energy. She went to everyone and offered food.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 2:08 pm

Cheshire took a roll from Rory and simply nodded his thanks. He sat on the floor leaning his back against the wall with his elbow resting on his propped up knee. His expression was still blank even while chewing on a bite of the roll for seven minutes straight before swallowing. Cheshire kept on staring off at nothing without a word.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:27 pm

Rory's wolf ears drooped as she saw how quiet everyone was, but she couldn't blame them. Last night's events had been draining physically and emotionally. Cheshire hadn't mustered a single word on board and Rory was worried he was taking everything the worst out of all of them, even herself. She got up from where she was and sat down next to him.

"You should rest, you know," she said, the first time she had been friendly with him. "I doubt you got to rest even a little bit last night like the rest of us. The trip's pretty long and if we're going to save Lise, I'm sure you want to be in your best condition."

It was only then that she noticed the case he was carrying. "What's in there?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Cheshire remained passively quiet for some time before finally muttering something. "A little bit of everything I'll need and everything I can't let go." Cheshire's hand rubbed over the top as if he was stroking the back of a crying child, his eyes still staring at nothing in particular. Cheshire paused for a moment before speaking again. "Rory... what are your dreams?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:43 pm

"Dreams...?" Rory asked, unsure of what Cheshire really meant. She hunched up her knees and hugged them, trying to think. "Let's see...my biggest dream ever before was to be Huntress. When I was little I would spend time in the woods and hunt for animals, even trying to spot a Grimm. When I was a little older, my foster uncle took me under his wing and taught me about Hunters and Huntresses. I wanted to be like my uncle. Protecting people. Being a hero. When my uncle died, my dream became taking his place to protect those close to us. My family. That includes Liseran, of course..."

Her voice saddened a bit mentioning Liseran. "Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:13 pm

"Just an old man wishing to hear the voices of the young," Cheshire said making himself sound older then he really was. ".... I had dreams as well, although it did not involve being a hunter," Cheshire stated solemnly. "My dream was something much more simple... but things changed." Cheshire raised a hand and petted Rory's head like one would a little child. "Rory... I will guarantee that we will save Liseran," Cheshire stated, "But... if when the time comes and I will have to die to do that, I want you to promise three thing. One, do not look back. Two, I want you to take this suitcase and Baskerville from me and give them to Liseran. And finally..." Cheshire stared right into Rory's eyes and said with complete seriousness in his tone, "...Live. No matter what, promise me that you will live. Live and follow your dreams."

Cheshire slipped his hand from off of the girl's head and leaned back, his eyes still blank and emotionless.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Rory knew no one else heard them and she felt her heart ache badly for Cheshire. She wanted to say no. She wanted to tell Cheshire to get a grip of things and tell him he was going to live. He was going to save Liseran the way a knight saved a damsel in distress and they'd live happily ever after. He'd even probably her future cousin-in-law. But Cheshire was serious and Rory knew that some dreams...were meant to stay dreams. She looked at the suitcase, somewhat scared of the way the eye on it stared at her, telling her things were inevitable. With her eyes shaded by her hair and saving her tears from showing, she nodded slowly.

"I...I promise..." Rory said. "Liseran...she's the luckiest and unluckiest person in the world. The luckiest because she has a man who cares about her more than the world and the universe. The unluckiest because fate wants to keep you apart. We'll do our best, Cheshire. We will."

The rest of the ride became silent, only the humming of the airship's motors audible. It was going to be a long four hours, but after that it'd be one of the most important fights of Rory's life. And she was going to win it along with everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:35 pm

"Dreams, lucks and cares... eh?" Sylvian's mind fades away when hearing such words from behind the two Fauna. Then she suddenly feels deeply envious of Liseran. Liseran always has people around caring for her, while Sylvian herself had to lived a long nightmare of loneliness, until now. And it really hurts, somehow.

"Maybe I'm thinking too much..." She says to herself before going to see for Vixen at the cockpit.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:04 am

"Something bothering you, Sylvian?" Vixen said without even turning her head. "Then again, there's something bothering all of us today, isn't there?"

She put the ship on Auto-pilot and turned around. Without her silver mask, Vixen's eyes seeme d to express more and there was there was a hint of sympathy in them.
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:32 am

"Not really..." Her voice sounds off.

Sylvian walks to the seat in the corner and sits down. It's still a long way to go before the arriving, so she's taking time to balance her mind before the fight.

"Well, it sounds really awkward to be honest, but it's also about families and bloodlines, Mrs.Veiller, just like Liseran and you. You are the only one flinched when hearing my last name last night, I noticed it. You ever heard about the Silverhorn bloodline from Vacuo?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:39 am

"Yes, I've heard the Silverhorn bloodline," Vixen confirmed. "Males are kind of, let's say, the ones considered more superior aren't they? And, if I'm correct, however, your father was the last to lead before you. That causes kind of a problem, doesn't it? You being a woman. Not the easiest pill to swallow for a sexist group, woops, pardon that comment."
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:00 am

"... It's the truth, so please don't mind it."

She looks up the ceiling mindlessly.

"Liseran and I, both are carrying a huge burden on our own shoulders. We are really both sides of the same coin. I was trying so hard, even throwing away my own life, to revive our family name, to be regconized. But the harder I try, the further people get away from me. Liseran is opposite, she always try to runaway from her own problems, but yet..."

Sylvian couldn't finish her lines, and her body is trembling slightly.

"... She is my friend, the very first one who acknowledges me as a friend. I've decided to risk everything to save her, but why the hell these feelings just keep growing bigger? I just don't even know myself anymore... What should I do...?"

Sylvian holds her face with both hands in tremble. She is terribly confused right now, unlike her usual calm and strong attitudes.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:25 am

Vixen left her chair to go where Sylvian was. Her soft hand closed onto Sylvian's feeling the trembling and her confusion.

"The world has never been a fair one," Vixen said softly. "One where some efforts...are not granted with what they deserve. You've worked hard, yes, but you've seen everything run from you. But let me tell you one more thing about Liseran. At a very young age, like you, Liseran was shunned by her clan. The Dormirse clan's blood brings down the semblance of Remembrance, seeing the past, which is essential in their duties to protect the Vale Archives. Like you, Liseran was different. A castaway from norms. And her semblance brought her a lot of misfortune. She'd see bad futures a lot and a lot of times, like you, she worked hard and tried to stop them.

"And she only found that she was the cause of them. There was a reason she ran. It wasn't that she was running from her problems. It was that she was the problem. Where uoyou wanted others to come to you, they became farther. Where more people came close to Liseran, she wanted to stay away, scared she'd harm them. Fate works in cruel ways, yes. But...despite all this..."

Vixen lifted Sylvian's hands and looked at her warmly, a motherly smile on her face.

"You two made friends of each other. You two are proof that even if fate has wished you the worst, you became fragments that refused to follow its path. You two are friends you wanted to look for. And I tell you, Sylvian, it will not end there. Once again you are fighting fate, but you know you can find an end that denies what it's telling you. And when this is done, you and Liseran will realize there's no need to charge and there's no need to run sometimes. And that all your hard work will eventually reap its rewards. So do what you always do and fight. And keep on hoping. It is one thing fate cannot take away from us."

She let go of Sylvian's hands after gripping them one more time.

"Liseran and I would have been fortunate if you were part of our family a long time ago. And we hope in the future you will be part of ours."
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:18 am

"... Thank you..."

Sylvian responses to Vixen's kindness with a very faint answer. The confusion is still shadowing her mind, but thanks to Vixen she has found a way to reach her resolve.

Two hours to go until the airship arrive at the Fares' flying fortress. And Sylvian needs to prepare something, something off the plan she has told others.

"I'll go find Rory and give a final check on the Scrolls. Oh, and where is the Dust supply? I think I'd be needing more, just to be sure."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:21 am

"Just go to the room on the left," Vixen nodded. "I have plenty of Dust in stock. I'm sure Rory would be glad to hear from you. She was looking a bit lonesome when she got on board."

Before Sylvian left, Vixen said one last thing. "She could use a friend at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]   A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bell Requiem and a Rhapsody of Fate [Closed]
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next