RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 8:59 pm

(Friday, Week Eleven)

(Posting order will be whoever posts first in this thread. That order. Lame, I know..)

Roy's headphones were overlarge. The kind of "Designer" headphones a father would buy for a son, really. And by that I mean ten year old bargain bin headphones because Roy refused most expensive things. Roy's father did care, however. Enough to call together seemingly random people to help him with this little issue.

The music trilling in his headphones was a rather average set of opera songs. He enjoyed opera. It relaxed him. Sort of a calm before the storm.

Blue eyes lifted to the door, waiting for both Yew Carwen and the people his father had pulled together for him to show up. He had met Yew in a coffee shop some days prior, and he knew two of the people his father had pulled together would be here soon. White Fang members, two of them. He didn't know anything about the third. Coran would be here soon as well. While this may confirm his father's connections with the White Fang, Roy himself was an activist, and couldn't bring himself to hate a group that was really only retaliating in kind.

There was a whiteboard in the back of the room, with several markers. Projected on to it was a meticulously laid out blueprint, his mother's compound. He knew someone had died to get him this information, and he would not be ungrateful. He would use it to the fullest.

He sighed. It was going to be a long couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 9:20 pm

Hunter didn't really expect someone to ask him to help out. Mercenary work was not his style. However, when the paper message for him he found last Friday where he usually goes mentioned the word "cult" on it, he could not stop reading it. Although he was already preoccupied with his own personal hunt, he couldn't help but go find the meeting place. There was no time for him to get the equipment he usually carried when he was out doing this kind of thing, but then again, the gear is more suitable for the giant tree-filled environment of the Frost Forest, plus he had no space to bring it here in Vale. It didn't matter though; he's a fighter, and these employers need all the help they need.

Departing Beacon on the Ronin like he did every weekend, he went for the meeting point and found his way to the room. Not knowing who was in there, he stands at the door and uses his iLens to scan the room, finding only one heat signature inside. Just one person, huh? Deactivating the thermal vision, he pulls his hood up and knocks on the door twice. "Thợ Săn, requesting permission to enter."
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:13 pm

"Enter. And leave formality for the mission."

With a wave of his hand, as the man entered, Roy showed that there was a snack and drink table. No alcohol, though, as they would all need to be sharp for the briefing. For now, he wanted to get to know each person as they came in, aside from Coran and Yew.

"You'll be well compensated for helping. To quote every spy novel ever, we have ways."

Except for the two White Fang members, nobody was to know his father was involved in this. Not even Coran. People knowing his father had connections to this kind of crap could really put a damper on his doctoring. He sang along with his headphones for a moment, betraying a fact that he didn't really like people knowing. He could sing pretty damn well. But he was supposed to be a poet, not a bard.

"A unique love rose from a unique hate
Two lovers were caught by their appalling fate
The enmity of their families made
The passion fade and the pain unquell"

He wasn't ignoring Tho San by any means, as he took off the headphones a moment later.

"Help yourself to anything on the table. I'll admit I've not done this sort of thing before, but I didn't want to be rude."

His father had a lot of experience with this sort of thing, he imagined. At least, if he had these kinds of connections.

"We'll begin the briefing as soon as the others are here."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:07 pm

Hunter ignored the drinks. He walked around, studied the board a bit, and then turned to his host. "Odd," he said, looking at the young man. "I didn't expect a boy like you to ask for others to find a cult."
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Coran didn't need much convincing to join Roy's mission. He was never much of an activist, but when Roy told him what was happening and who was behind it, he knew he had to help him stop it. When he arrived at the meeting point Coran simply walked in, he had the case that contained all his gear with him even though he knew it was just a briefing he brought it with him either way. He was wearing a sleeveless black shirt and brown cargo pants, as much as he would like to walk around shirtless civilized society frowns upon that and wouldn't let him enter most places.

"Not a bad setup you got here, Roy." He said as he looked around. Coran nodded at Hunter as a quick greeting as he made his way towards the table and did a quick scan for any alcohol, "Though the lack of booze is...discouraging." He wasn't surprised that there wasn't any but he was disappointed all the same. "For once it looks like I'm not late, how many people are joining us?" He asked before attacking the bowl of chips on the table.

Coran was excited about the mission, since failing the initiation he'd been looking for something to prove to himself that he's ready to try again. Taking on a cult of crazy Faunus hating lunatics seemed like just the thing. However waiting around was not exactly Coran's forte. "Should have brought my flask." he grumbled to himself.

Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 am

"It's not often one's mother decides to sacrifice Faunus for some kind of schizophrenic fantasy she calls a 'Rudra'."

Roy frowned, but he knew it seemed odd. He had honestly hoped that his mother had died trying to capture someone or something she wanted. She had always gone above and beyond normal means to get what she wanted, and it often got her into trouble. Before they left Vale originally, his father had usually bailed her out in some kind of misguided love. Probably thought he could fix her.

He had found otherwise when she began to kill.

When Coran walked in, he gave a smile.

"Coran, glad you're here. Sorry for the lack of booze, but I need everyone sober. My...benefactor...has supplied a flask of Blitzchach Firewine for when we go into battle, though."

Blitzchach Firewine was different than regular alcohol. It caused the imbiber to fly into a rage, and increased his strength and speed. It was imbued with dust or something, Roy didn't know nor did he care to know.

"I have a plan in mind, but Mr. Tho Fan...it may involve using lethal force. If you're uncomfortable with that, I understand. I'll explain how we're going to be getting away with this in due time."

Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 am

Hunter let out a quick, loud rush of wind out of his nostrils. "First off, it's 'Thợ Săn,' not 'Tho Fan.' Anyways, I've fought those who killed Faunus simply because their existence was against their religion. Can you believe that? Their religion. They were capable of destroying all of Vale. Now they're not even around. You don't know what I'm capable of," he said, then turned away from his host. You don't have to kill in order to stop someone, though, he thought as he glanced at his arm scroll. You don't.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 am

Yew had been snoozing on the couch in her apartment in a very un-lady like manner.
Belly out, drooling, and in yesterdays clothes. A typical day for her, when she didn't need to work.
She woke, and made "Breakfast" as always. Sat down to eat it as always. Looking at the clock, she realized that the time for Breakfast had passed her by about an hour and a half. And then she realized she had a job to do.
She rushed around, getting her gear ready before sprinting out the door.
Sprinting down the stair, down the street, through the alley, yada yada etc.
When she saw the location they were to be meeting, she skidded to a halt in front of the door.
Panting, she took a step over the threshold of the building, and tripped. As always, she tripped right into the most noticeable spot in the room.
Standing up quickly, she brushed herself off, bowed her head, and began her trademark onslaught of apologies.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 3:59 am

Getting to the venue Minos walks to the door, trying to resist the urge to just break it down. Having his armor shrunken down to it's respective places, Minos risks detection if he does anything that would gather too much attention so he decides to try and play it cool. Opening the door he looks around to see a couple of other people who were, of course, all shorter than him. Looking down on them he says, "I'm here for the cult mission." is all he says before taking a seat, not bothering to say any sort of formal introductions while ignoring the girl he just passed as if she wasn't there. Crossing his arms while sitting down he stays quiet while waiting for someone else to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Roy would apologize profusely if it wouldn't make him look weak in front of less...scrupulous folk.

"Right, Thợ Săn, I apologize."

One apology would have to do as they waited for the last member of this little escapade. He leaned back in his seat, and pinched the bridge of his nose. He had possibly spent too long preparing his presentation last night. He hadn't slept well, and doubted he would tonight. It wasn't fear, exactly, though there was a healthy dose of that. The slender young man was more in a state of...anticipation.

When Yew kind of...flopped in, Roy went and helped her up, as he nodded to the man that came in ignoring her.

"Glad you could make it, Yew."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 am

"Glad I could be of help..." Yew responded, rather faintly.
"Sorry again."
Yew bowed her head to everyone
"I'll try to be less of a klutz in future"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)   Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of the rudra Part One (Briefing, closed.)
Page 1 of 1