RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JL

JL

Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Empty
PostSubject: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

OOC: This is the initiation fight's first round's 'H' bracket battle, between the characters of Roi Reyford and Lan Lin on one side and Shem Drakur and Kaytlin Seraphiya on the other. Refrain from the complete annihilation of a character - they are out of the battle when six hits have been landed on them. Luckily, we aren't holding up on a Round 2 fight; Unfortunately, that only applies until Bracket 'G' finishes their battle.

If you have any issues, PM a mod. Remember the rules. Yippee-yadah, YAY Lets begin!

Character profiles:
https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t62-roi-reyford
https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t46-lan-lin-the-character
https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t16-shem-drakur
https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t25-kaytlin-seraphiya

Last edited by JL on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:19 am

My eyes closed, I feel my body seamlessly glide through the air. For a few seconds, the power of the launch kept me perfectly horizontal; I could almost imagine it like I was a flat sheet, an arrow, the atoms of the air around me sliding past as I rocketed through the blue morning sky.

SQUAWK! The sound of the nearest bird alerted me that I was beginning to near the ground; I could feel it, in the flapping of my clothes, in the air as it seemed to hit me harder and harder; descent was inbound, and the moment I landed it would be a fight.

For now, I needed to accept that. As much as it may hurt others, I wanted to actually get into a higher position in this competition, or initiation, or whatever it was. This was the one thing I truly wanted, so in the meantime, I'd have to understand - it's me or them. And as much as I would give it to them....

There was that stupid faunus chick who, honestly, I felt a bit annoyed with. Making a fuss about everything, stutterring about herself every single time, I could tell she wanted attention to herself; but even finding yourself topless seemed a bit passing the line, right?

Although she isn't the only reason that I fight. There's still somebody one my team, and I can't let him down, right?

Pulling out my sword, in a deft movement it's length and surface area increases in a mechanized way. By now, the adrenaline rush had woken me up fine, and with precision I targeted a tree up ahead and fired. The lightning bolt sheared through the air with a white-blue flash that signaled to others the beginning of todays initiation, and tore through the trunk of the tree. Quickly, it started to curve, then fall; using it as a ramp to slow myself, I positioned my body to land perfectly on it. My shoes felt warmer and warmer as I slid, but better them than my body. Eventually, I slowed enough that I simply jumped and flipped; the remaining speed was caught by the smaller twigs and branches.

I stood up, unharmed, sword out and at the ready.

Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:35 am

The exact first thing I do is stare at the device that everybody had received; it directed us to our opponent, probably by looking for a signal emitted by a specific other device that the other user held. This device was easily portable, but the problem I had with it right now was how quickly it had changed pointing it's direction - meaning somebody was close. Very close.

Instantly, I enter a battle stance. Only a slight noticeable change; my right leg shifts forwards, my left hand reaches towards my pants. I begin to scan the area for any noticeable difference in color - and soon enough, in the direction that the device pointed, I found a tuft of unnatural, brown-red hair.

"Hey. Before we fight, what's your name?" I speak in his direction, making it apparent that I know he's there.

Then the device starts to beep. Ding! Ding! Ding! It goes, and I almost instantly sigh. For such a late reaction time, something might be wrong.

Last edited by JL on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:45 am

I stare at him - I can't shake the feeling that I've seen him somewhere. Still, I haven't been here for that long, but if I'm right, then..... "Lan Lin. I've seen you somewhere. Weren't you the guy who was in touching distance of that faunus girl's breasts?" I say with no regrets.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:56 am

"Yeah. Keep an eye on her. She has issues she doesn't like to talk about. I can tell." I begin to take a look at him. Glasses, a big broadsword that looks a bit like a chainsaw, a..bandaged hand? Perhaps I could use that against him. Naturally, I could wait alongside him, or I could strike fast, strike now, and end it early. Of course, it wouldn't be that nice, but then this was something I wanted.

That, and I wonder what his reaction might be. One second I stood with a drawn sword in combat stance. Half a second later, flame-like wisps of white-blue energy curled in an amazing circular motion around me. The energy released creates a ring of flattened grass almost instantly, and my clothes flap about as much as they had when I'd been falling out of the sky.

As much as I would have preferred not to fight...well, too late. There was something I wanted to prove and to do it I needed to win everything. And to win everything......

I need to fight!

A second after I activated my weapon, or it activated me, an arc of lightning blasted through the air like an arrow from a Mistral Archery Tournament - perfect accuracy, high speed, and unless Shem had the magnificent reaction time to move instantly, he'd be hit.

But even after firing, I already began to move.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Well, guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mixing a gun and a blade seems too cool to miss out. Meanwhile, my sword still hasn't reached it's full capability. Aaaand I can't use my Aura. Great.

I duck behind a tree, and from then on I look for a path in cover to reach him closest. We were only a few meters apart, but safer was still better. Seeing the next tree in front of me, I fire a bolt of lightning in Shem's direction just as covering fire before sprinting out, my sword held in front of me, electricity channeling through to act as both a powerful shield and as an electromagnetic field generator, attracting all to bullets towards the sword and none to me. With this, technique, tree by tree I closed the gap in seconds, and although there is still a hail of bullets, I successfully manage to deflect enough of them to reach sword lunge distance.

A bullet passes right beside my eyes; time seems to slow down as my head instinctively nudges by a centimeter to let the bullet pass through the air. With Shem now in front of me, and my body close enough that his turret wouldn't reach, I attempted a simply jab towards the arm holding his gatling gun.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 pm

OOC: Hey, idea. If we get hit, we should say it it in OOC.

As much as I hated it, I needed to press my advantage. This guy's second sword, although it was some crazy rotating chainsaw half-sword, was on the other side of his body, while my sword was on this side. Being so close, my next attack was almost guaranteed to hit - I had no need to swing my sword again, taking up the time. Rather, I just launched an electrical charged attack. Not enough energy to hurt immensely or knock him back, but powerful enough to cause pain and numbness. The sword's mechanism activated, and sparks of electricity flew out the front of the sword, towards the body the was about half an inch in front of it.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 pm

Block it! The instant natural reaction kicked in. Add on the fact that the electrical charge was still being channeled through my sword, the singular bullet was easily blocked by the flat of my sword, it's much denser and stronger metal bouncing backwards from the momentum while the bullet itself seemingly squished itself like a hamburger. As I stare at the sword, something glints off the sunlight; in a second, I realize exactly what it was, and why Shem's bullet hadn't been aimed at me - a single Dust Crystal lay on the ground. Deciding that it was more useful as a weapon than something I might be able to use as a trap (After all, his teammate - and mine - weren't even here yet), I quickly picked it up on my sprint towards the trunk of another tree.
Back to top Go down
DatteSa

DatteSa

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Kaitlyn comes behind Lan and whispers in his ear.

"Surprise...!"

She then ducks down and begins to move her foot to sweep the seems-too-young-for-beacon boy.
Back to top Go down
DatteSa

DatteSa

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Kaitlyn looks at Shem.

"No time for reunions get ready to hit him."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 6:48 pm

As you exit the cave, you hear a rumbling sound echoing from deeper in the cave  behind you, Shem. It is too dark to see anything though. As they say in Skyrim... must have been the wind...
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Beep Beep! The device flashed again. A quick stare and I see an arrow now pointing backwards.

"Surprise! An all too memorable voice that belonged to the one person who couldn't keep her clothes on whispered beside my ear, and although I had allowed her to pretty much get this close, I still didn't know exactly what attack she might try on me. I would rather attack her now that she was this close, than leave.

I just made it a point that if I could get away while attack at the same time, that was a great alternative.

As Kaytlin's sweep kick just began to kick off, I pushed off the ground as I planted my sword straight down. For half a second I was in the air, balanced just on my sword, which itself was half inplanted in the ground. Staring 'up' towards the ground, I caught the seeping motion that Kaytlin's leg now traveled. And as much as I didn't like it, I figured that zapping her with electricity rather than having her shear off her own leg might have been less than enticing. Plus, blood spray everywhere was scary.

So I pretty much did just that - small, almost static-electricity-like white sparks zapped off from the flat of my blade like plasma in those glass globes, aimed to
please stop her before she sweeps her leg into my sword.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:03 pm

*Hnngh!* The sound reverberated through my sword and into my body - a sound I recognized as the sound of a bullet being blocked by the metal. But, if that was so, then....

I let myself fall as I shut-down my sword's electrical energies for a bit, transferring it to creating an electromagnetic field. The bullets, while powerful, changed course a teeny bit if they got close enough. While the multiple bullets that hit the sword did their job in pushing me off balance so I could no longer cut off Kaytlin's leg (Thanks!) they also had the job of transferring their kinetic energy - to me. And also put me behind the sword, where the continued spray wouldn't hit but never stop either until either bullets ran out or.....

With my increased momentum, I swung my right leg as hard as I could towards the Kaytlin's ribs, intending to kick her into the line of fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya   Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Match H: Roi Reyford; Lan Lin vs. Shem Drakur; Kaytlin Seraphiya
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next