RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.

Go down 
+7
AzureAzure
Dakir
Aphrodisiac
Frankenstein Joe
Wrecker
Kail Christensen
Zou Sama
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Empty
PostSubject: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Keep it out of the chat, folks. Negativity is a sea that drowns many.

Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 pm

First. Consoles win.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Pc-vs-console

I swear we had a thread for this earlier...
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. GvcFLzE
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:48 pm

You both needed insulting pictures. I don't. I just need a list of ten reasons, and time.
One) The lack of a Mouse and Keyboard.
Not everyone wants to play games posturing like Rick Wakeman. The joypad has been gradually refined over 20 years into the finely-honed gaming tool you see today. Pressing digital keys to move? How very 1982.

Two) Playing on TV
While the PC might happily spew forth images consisting of a quadrillion pixels, the real issue here is that with a console you're playing on a nice big TV in the living groom on a comfy sofa and, if you have any sense, with a 5.1 Surround Sound system. If we wanted to slouch at a desk in a dimly-lit room we'd just stay at work.

Three) It just works
Oh, how we console owners point and chuckle at PC websites where the incumbent expert attempts to explain to some poor sap that his three-month old (and thus obsolete) quad-AMD 3000 and Nvidia Orgasmo-card won't actually run Generic FPS 10 because it's got driver 1.1 instead of 1.1a. Try this: go to shop, buy game, insert disc, game runs. Bliss.

Four) No need for endless upgrades
Yes, the PC is hugely upgradeable - and a bloody good job, too, otherwise you'd never get to play all those games built with cutting edge technology by crazy Scandinavian ex-demo hackers. And anyway, a console is upgradeable: when the next Xbox or PlayStation comes out, we sell the old one and buy a new one. Easy.

Five) Cheaper(yes I said cheaper!) hardware
We've heard all the arguments and excuses. Face it: if you really want a decent PC to play games (and no we don't want to build one ourselves) prices start around $1000. And if you want to play games at any sort of quality, your (sigh) 'rig' is more like 2 grand. For that you could buy all three consoles, extra controllers and the top 10 games of the year.

Six) The big 'p'
The PC is gradually becoming the ginger step-child of the developer community. Even stalwarts like Valve are moving to consoles because, let's be honest, piracy is eroding the PC world from within like a mercilessly enthusiastic cancer. It's becoming less and less viable for developers whose budgets are spiralling ever upwards. Recently the World of Goo developer suggested piracy of his game was at a rate of about 90 per cent. That shit just ain't funny any more.

Seven) No first-party support
Because the PC is an open platform, there's no ownership and therefore no desire to drive it forward. Microsoft is way too busy with the Xbox to bother about Games For Windows, and so we either get the biggest games first with PC ports following months after, or we get exclusives that never appear on PC at all. Still, at least you have, y'know, Crysis. And Crysis 2.

Eight)The lack of patch mentality
Okay, console games do get patched sometimes, it's true, but infrequently and not to any great extent. Truth is that, for the majority of console titles, when we buy our games from the shop they're actually finished. Which is nice.

Nine) Innovation, innovation, innovation
It's true that, when it gets it right, PC gaming is awesome; beautiful, high-res, online fragfests. But when was the last time you played something truly innovative? Just look around you at the games coming to consoles. You may mock the Wii, but when was the last time you had a drunken four-player tennis match in your PC games room?

Ten) Perception
Have you ever seen that episode of South Park where the kids are playing World of Warcraft? You know the fat, pale, pizza-faced guy with the wrist support slouched in his chair? That's you that is. You are a PC gamer.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:58 pm

You do know that you can both connect a joypad to a PC and display it on a TV, right?
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

You do know that it usually takes longer to set up a PC than a console, right?
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Literally took me one button press to bring up:
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:05 pm

That's because you already have everything connected. Others aren't that lucky or smart.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Nah, I never connected this to an external monitor before. This just came with the software.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Not just about the monitor, about the whole computer. It is a computer, and not a laptop, right?

With a console you take it home, plug it into your TV and Internet, and the rest of your setup is down to following simple, on-screen commands. That appeals to a majority. With a PC there are many, many more steps, and it generally begins with the gamer having to know at least a bit about PCs in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:10 pm

...No, it's a laptop I'm using. Which, I may add, I took home, set on my desk and did the rest of the setup by following simple, on-screen commands and instructions.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm talking about computers, with blocky modems and such.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:08 pm

Kail Christensen wrote:
I'm talking about computers, with blocky modems and such.

Not going to get involved, but can I point out how little this sentence actually makes sense? Also, I doubt you are typing this from your Xbox or Playstation.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 pm

.....yeah I switched for the list of ten. And how does it not make sense?
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:48 pm

Kail Christensen wrote:
.....yeah I switched for the list of ten. And how does it not make sense?

I don't think anyone has used a modem on a PC since 1999/2000.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:58 pm

I just generally meant all of the cables and shiz.
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:18 pm

PC Mustard race, cause consoles need to ketchup :V

anyway, I'm one of those people that say "I don't care, just have fun with it."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:22 pm

To address your previous points.

1) By Stating that a Keyboard and Mouse is the main problem because of the posture, yet I can just as easily plug in a joystick and use that, hell for War Thunder I sometimes bust it out and use that instead of Keyboard and Mouse, Despite the fact that it is common knowledge that Keyboard/Mouse are more accurate compared to a Controller.

2) Again like the first, it is not hard to set up a computer to a TV Screen, there are even easy access to how to guides such as How Stuff Works and Wikihow  . And honestly if you are unable to grasp how to put "PC on a TV screen " in google, then they should get back in class.  

3) My computer, Not exactly high end even when I got it back in 2012 , Is still able to play the Brand new Games out on Max settings with a poor internet connection.

4) So by Upgradable? You mean replacing it for a costlier version of the same thing? That is like getting an Iphone Every year: Nothing Changes, yet you are still spending wasted money because it is the 'new thing' .

5) Cheaper? My computer I got was a simple £400 .  Compared to the Xbox 1's £429 and The PS4's admittedly better £349.99 . However, Not only does my Computer have much better Spec's than these consoles, it boasts the ability to NOT need to spend extra money to play online. When I buy my PC , Online gaming is given to me as an automatic right. Not a "LOL GIVE US EXTRA MONEY" . Then if you also consider Most PC games cost less than those of a Console, it amounts to the case of you will inevitably spend more money on a Console than a PC, just over a longer period of time.

6) So Piracy is not a problem for any other systems? When it is very easy to pirate Console games, something even I can do yet cannot do the same for PC games.  However, if a game developer doesn't expect his/her game to be pirated then it is their own fault. Even Xbox Live / Playstation Network is hackable. In fact, Some developers even make special features for the possibility of their game being pirated. For example, this scene from EasyGameStation's Chantelise .

7) No desire to drive PC gaming forwards is an evident falsehood. With more PC Exclusive's than Either PlayStation OR Xbox, with example's of games exclusive to PC and delayed releases to Consoles being : The Total War Series, The Dawn of War Series , Starcraft/Diablo/World of Warcraft , Amnesia, The Witcher games, Minecraft , Mount and Blade, Company of Heroes. The list goes on.

8 )The reason for patches, is to fix the bugs what stay prevalent on the Consoles. An Example being Mass Effect 3 for the Xbox (A pattern seems to be emerging regarding ECKSBAWKS)  where it would immediately black screen upon start up, this wasn't a problem on the PC version.

9) So Innovations are to be stated. Oculus Rift is a near instant thought. Don't see those working with consoles. So is Minecraft, something what opened an Entirely new type of game and originated from the PC. If it wasn't for PC gaming, then there would not of been created nearly as soon otherwise.

10) So the completely obvious point of them being showed as playing it in excessive amounts, anything is bad in excessive amounts, even Oxygen. However, you state how we used 'Insultive' pictures. Yet
Kail Christensen wrote:
You know the fat, pale, pizza-faced guy with the wrist support slouched in his chair? That's you that is. You are a PC gamer.
Seems kind of hypocritical if you ask me.  The perception of Console gamers? Children who play three games: Fifa, CoD and Battlefield. And if you kill them? You better have your Sound turn off because you are going to get an EMP from the sound of their Screeching.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:40 pm

And this is where I post this. We're just trying to annoy others about their preferred gaming device because our own has flaws.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 8:28 am

So is anybody planning on playing Destiny?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:59 am

I'm thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:52 am

ill sum up opinions quickly, what can a modern console do that a pc cant do better or have more features with it?

Back in ps2 era i would agree that the two are very different and have their own advantages and disadvantages but now the line is been blurred to the point that consoles are now just crappy expensive pcs.
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Let me just join in here by saying one thing, when was the last time you heard of a new console coming out? PS4? Xbox One? Those don't count, they're not consoles. The new generation of consoles consists entirely of over-glorified set top boxes. "You can watch TV and your Xbox! You can watch Foxtel on your Xbox! And as an added feature, you might be able to play a game on it, some time in the distant future when it decides it doesn't want to red ring." The only exception to this seems to be the Wii U, 'coz Nintendo know what's up. Also, for any-one that says the console is better for some games, I would have to agree...sort of. Racing games and platformers have always felt better using a controller. A controller. Not a console. It's a three second Job to plug in a controller to the PC.

For any-one who uselessly flails about saying console's are cheaper...really? You complain about how you need to upgrade your PC every year or couple of month's but what about new consoles? Because of the lack of backwards compatibility, you're going to end up with a new console with one or two crappy games that came with it when you picked it up at K-mart or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.   Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flame war; PC vs Console Gaming.
Page 1 of 1