RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The White Knight and the Black Knight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

The White Knight and the Black Knight Empty
PostSubject: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Rider sat there on his wheelchair, watching the moon from the rooftop. The midnight sky had many stars, the moon full and round like a giant eye looking back at him. "I wonder what it would be like," Rider smiled, "To be the rabbit making rice cakes up there."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:52 pm

Rayden gently opened the door to the rooftop and closed it behind him. He was wearing his full armour except for his helm as he came to meet with Rider. Rayden took a few steps toward Rider but still kept a good enough distance. Rayden's face showed very little emotion there were hints of curiosity and concern but nothing too obvious. "Good evening Rider, it's good to see you agreed to meet me here." With his lack of social interaction experiance a small bit of Rayden hoped Rider would be the first to bring the subject up.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:57 pm

"Oh it's no problem at all," Rider smiled, turning his wheelchair a complete 180 degrees to face Rayden. "So what would you like to do? Play some cards? Drink sake under the moonlight? We have all the time in the world you and I."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Rayden sighed as Rider avoided the subject, a bit disappointed he would have to bring it up himself. "No, Rider I would prefer we discussed your behavior with milady. The way you treat her may bring her a sort of happiness, in the end its purpose is to bring you amusement and I cannot condone such behavior. I would like to ask that you cease causing problems for milady, if thou wishes to make her happy there are other less demeaning ways." Rayden's hand went to his throat as it began to dry up. Today has far too much talking as it was and now this.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 pm

"Well Rayden, I'm sorry to say this but I can't help myself there," Rider says with a carefree smile. "That is simply what our relationship is like. A little playful teasing and we are both smiling in the end. That is how I show my affection. So I would appreciate it if you don't throw your weight around with me on the matter and leave me be."

Rider crossed his fingers over his chest and smiled contently. "I just so happen to have my own qualms about your behavior but I have kept quiet because I know that is just the kind of man you are. A respectable man would show the same courtesy."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Rayden gave Rider a curious look as he heard him spoke. "You have problems with me?" Rayden was confused as to why Rider had said this, he knew that there were many things he still didn't understand with social interactions but he thought that he had always made to not offend him. "What exactly would your qualm with me be?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 pm

"You really do delude yourself don't you," Rider said, his smile starting to have a hint of malice. "You think you're a knight? You think you're chivalrous? You're just self-satisfying and selfish." Rider moved his wheelchair, the faunus man circling Rayden until he was on the other side.

"Forty miles to the sweet shop, forty miles back. Then seventy miles to another store and seventy miles back," Rider murmured as he circled around. "My assistant was ordered to accompany you all the way if only to get to know you better but in the end the errand was long and tiring. Even knowing this, you left the girl and allowed her to complete the errand request by Mirai regardless. A true man of chivalry would have accompanied her all the way, yet in the end all you wanted was to gain favor from the princess."

Rider slowly wheeled over to the corner his eyes up at the sky again. "You may say that you pledged your servitude to the princess but I doubt she ever asked you not to be a gentleman. No, as long as Mirai is not watching it does not matter now does it?" Rider looks over his shoulder and smiled at Rayden. "Then that night when Mirai cried, you seemed all too eager to offer yourself to her as a comfort pillow. Now as a man I can not blame you, but as a knight is a different story."

Rider turned his wheelchair around and faced Rayden again. "No. A true knight would not have allowed a girl to cry to begin with, and what you did was not an act of comfort, but dependence. Mirai leaned on you for that moment and you took advantage of that. No true gentleman would sleep next to a lady so shamelessly. But you aren't a real gentleman now are you?"

Rider's smile grew knowingly, his head lowered slightly while his eyes still stared directly into Rayden's.

"No. You are just another child playing dress-up. You wear that armor as a delusion to others and to yourself. In truth you are a selfish and self-righteous man. You think yourself as some perfect guardsman and that your sworn duty is to protect the princess. You believe this so much that you're threatened when another man seems to make her happy in the little way. You think that only you can make her happy but how? By first letting her cry and taking advantage of that moment."

Rider's eyes narrowed and his usual smile has completely disappeared from his face. "You may think ill of me but even when I see Mirai sadder then she would ever allow anyone to see, I don't take advantage of her tears to gain favor during her moment of weakness. A man who would purposely allow himself to benefit from a lady's tears cannot call himself a man nor a knight. You're just a self-righteous man hiding behind the delusion of a noble knight. So you may think ill of my ways, but keep this in mind. At least I don't deny my actions."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Rayden only looked on as Rider spoke to him, he listened intently to every word that came from the man's mouth and kept a calm expression. Once Rider was done Rayden remained silent for a small time as he collected his thoughts until he was ready and finally spoke. "Rider I hate to disappoint you but most of the things you told me I either already knew or tried to deny myself of. First off you are right I am a selfish man. Though I try to make myself seem to be as a knight I know that I am not one. I knew a real knight when I was younger but because of my mistakes I robbed the world of his presence. Stealing such an amazing person from the world was not fair and I decided to take his place but the most I could do was be a cheap knock off or as you put it 'a child playing dress up'." Rayden began to move away from Rider, not particularly wanting to be near him at that moment. "Let me tell you a secret Rider, I never truly wanted to be a knight. When I was younger I dreamed of it but I know now that those were only the delusions of youth. I am not suited to be one, a knight is a person who can put aside all personal feelings in order to do what is right but I am clearly incapable of doing that. I can not completely put aside my own feelings and obligations in order to do what I must do. When I was sent on that errand my desire wasn’t to be a gentlemen but to fulfill my obligation to the person who I owe a debt to. I am sorry for what I did to Ms. Ai, as you said a real knight and a gentlemen what have done what was right.” 

Rayden began to feel drained as he spoke for so long and removed his helm from his arm, placing it on his head to try to calm himself a bit. “Actually no even that is a lie I did not want to fulfill my debt, the truth is I just didn't want my friend to be angry with me...that might be what has always driven my actions regarding Mirai. I did not want my friend to discard me but the one things you got wrong was me taking advantage of her tears. At no point did I think that by helping her I would be able to get closer to her.” Rayden’s fists clenched at the thought of doing something so terrible. “When I consoled her I didn't intend to take advantage of that, I only wanted her to feel better I wanted the pain to stop.” Rayden could feel his voice growing louder but held back trying to keep his emotions under control. Looks like another place I fail as a knight. “Rider I see the problems you have with me but this is the only life I know. The life of a fake knight. I have no intention of going anywhere unless Mirai finally decides I am of no further use so until then should we at least pretend to stand each other or make this team arrangement a regret for Mirai and Mr. Grate?”
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Rider chuckled lightly, turning his wheelchair around to face Rayden. He placed a finger to his lips and spoke in a mysterious, hushed tone. "Although as I've said, there are things about you that I hate to stand," Rider murmured, "But you also show aspect that in my eyes makes a respectable man."

Rider looked up at the moon with a carefree smile on his face.

"It is a lovely night, truly by far," Rider murmured. "A full white moon and twinkling little stars. I'd like to test something with you tonight. Rayden if I may ask, would you like a friendly fight?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Though Rider would not be able to see Rayden's expression behind his helm, his face was filled with a look of interest. "A fight you say?" Rayden gave the rooftop a quick look over and returned his attention to Rider. "Art thou sure thy weapon can fit here?" Rayden drew Chevalier and dug the tip of the blade into the ground before placing both hands on the pommel. "If you have no problem then I would agree. I have to say I was curios to see how I would fair against thee."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:54 pm

"Now, now, now, let's leave the rhyming to me," Rider smiled, "And I won't be using my main weapon you see."

Rider reached to his side and fumbled a bit before a soft click was heard as if he had unbuckled a seat belt. He lifted his blanket off his legs revealing a set of metallic armor from the waist down.

"My strength you see is not in my guns at all," Rider said. "Rather my power is the ability to perform a miracle."

Placing his hands on the arm rests, Rider lifted himself off the wheelchair. His armor legs moved to step off the wheelchair and stomp firmly on the ground.

"Bandarsnatch Online," a metallic voice spoke.

Rider casually walked as if this was all normal, swaying his head left and right as if a song was playing in his head. He took a position opposite of Rayden with a ten meter space in between them. The faunus had a hand in his pocket but once he was in position, he pull something out. It was a glass vial no bigger then a pinky finger filled with electric dust.

"I do believe you never did learn, what my semblance is. We'll duel under my terms."

Rider smashed the vial in his hand and a burst of electricity bursts from his fist. Most people would have been charred to death just now, by Rider stood there taking a blast of lightning like nothing. A flash of light erupted from his fist and a blade of light appeared in his hand.

Rider stood in the stance of a fencer, the double edged blade of light pointed in front of him in one hand while his other hand was behind him.

"I am a swordsman of high caliber as you will now know," Rider smiled, "But let's make some terms before we start this show. Although the two of us make a powerful guard, if our princess sees us injured then things will get hard. So to avoid too much damage and little wounds to see, how about this? The winner will be decided when the other gets hit times three. Any strike that is not blocked by our defenses is a point whether is a bash to the armor or a hit to the joint. For a man of the shield these terms are well fit, so long as your skill exeeds this white rabbit..."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Rayden lifted Chevalier a bit and brought right back down into the ground digging it in a bit in order to allow it to stand without him holding it. With his hands now free he brought his right hand to his forearm and cocked the metal of his armour releasing his shield. Rayden grasped his blade and drew it from the ground. "I have to say Mr. Blanc I feel a bit out matched with so much machinery on your side but I accept your challenge none the less." Rayden opened his stance a bit and placed his shield in front of him preparing to block whatever attack Rider would throw at him. "I'll let you make the first move, Mr. Blanc."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:05 am

"And you fail test number one," Rider smiled. "When one fights another for the first time, the first move can decide the whole match. Never give up that first move willingly."

Rider slammed the heel of his right foot on the ground. The propulsion dust bullet shot from his heel on impact and shot Rider high into the air and soared over Rayden's head at swift speed. while soaring through the air, the Bandersnatch's drop wheels engaged and revved up the exact moment his feet touched the ground.

Immediately upon landing behind Rayden, Rider wheeled in the same direction Rayden would have started turning around to face him at 10 mph, keeping a close eye on Rayden to predict the exact direction he would rotate to remain in his blind spot. Rider would either give a quick slash at the side of Rayden's stomach if this menauver is successful or if Rayden turned out to be too slow to turn around immediately, Rider would make a diagonal swing at his back, the impact from a swing from his strong arm and the placement of the strike enough to push Rayden in either scenario.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Rayden watched as Rider soared over his head and began to bring his shield closer to his body trying to increase his turning speed. As Rider landed Rayden would have a hard time keeping up with his secondary movement. Rayden knew he would have to follow back him quickly but knew turning to a favorable position. Instead he would pivot instead, this would be faster than turning but left his stance unsteady. Rider's hit connects and its is surprisingly stronger than Rayden predicted. Rayden can feel the hit knock him back and he begins to stumble a bit. Rayden quickly thinks and makes a short hop. With his legs in the air Rayden has an easier time to readjust himself as he lands. Rayden ends up a few feet away from Rider but in a position similar to before. "You're quick on your feet." Rayden fails to see the irony of his own words.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm

When his blade hits, it made a strange sound that had no solid word to describe it. It sounded like a strange combination of a snap, metallic crashing, thunder blasting, shattering, and whiplash. Even then that only describes a part of the sound rather than the whole. While idle it made a strange vibrating sound mixed with shattering glass and humming.

"Snicker snack goes the Vorpal Sword," Rider murmured. "That's one hit Rayden. You failed test two. One must not be so careless as to allow themselves to be hit so easily. I have not made this blade sharp enough to cut your armor but if I had that could have been a fatal blow."

The wheels on his feet roaring, Rider sped up towards Rayden, charging in a fencing position with one hand behind his back and his sword extended outward to thrust toward Rayden's chest.

"If one is truly resolute in protecting another then one must first know how to protect them self," Rider murmured in monotone. "Because in the end you can't protect anything if you are beaten and bruised to the brink of death. Show me your resolve sir knight. A true shield protects, not defend. Learn this lesson!"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Rayden readied his stance once more. He remained silent at Rider's comment and simply calmed himself for the next attack. Rayden wasn't one for attacking, he had always had a preference for counters but it didn't seem like that was possible right now. "Let's continue." Rayden moved from his position and headed towards Rider with a simple horizontal slash. He kept his senses sharp as he prepared for Rider's movement. He had just witnessed his agility and would have to be ready for it but his fighting sytle concerned him. There was still a great deal he had to learn about it.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:09 pm

As Rider and Rayden charged towards each other, Rider suddenly shifted from his fencing stance, moving out the hand he hand behind his back to reveal another sword of white light he held in a reverse grip and used it to block Rayden's horizontal swing and thrusts forward with the first Vorpal Sword. The distance between them is small at this point and Rayden will have little room to dodge.

"Rule of thumb my little dress-up knight," Rider smiled, "In this world of misdirection, never assume the weapons you see is the only weapons in this fight."

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:42 pm

Rider's use of a second blade did surprise him a bit but not to the point where he couldn't recover and stay focused. Rayden pushed the blade forward bringing the Vorpal blade in contact with his cross guard in order to prevent Rider from slashing him. Not forgetting the other sword Rayden waited for the blade to make contact with his shield. Once it made contacted and started to glide across the metal Rayden would push the shield outwards spreading Rider's arms and creating an opening. Rayden then shot his left knee forward aiming to strike Rider in his belly. Blades are not the only weapon in battle.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Knowing this was a likely course of action, Rider was already prepared for his counter. As Rayden brought his knee up, Rider brought up his own leg, blocking the kick with the chain saw blade as it buzzed to life. Sparks flew as the two armored legs collided.

"A saw could have easily cut through metal plates," Rider said, "You're lucky I'm only using the first speed. I could have taken off your leg just now. You've failed another test. In battle you must consider all of your opponent's weapons."

Rider lifted up the Vorpal Blade the slid off Rayden's shield and rested the pommel against it. Using the shield as support, Rider pushed himself upward and with his other leg he kicked against the shield. The propulsion round shot from his heel against the shield, pushing him off and he landed abut ten meters away. Landing on his toes, Rider's drop wheels dropped down and revved to life and the faunus raced towards Rayden at full charge.

Reaching only two meters away, Rider swerved off to Rayden's left, waited for him to start turning around, then slammed his heel against the ground, shooting himself back up into the air, jumping overhead and landing on the opposite side. The moment his feet touched the ground, Rider charged towards Rayden then closing in to make only a meter distance between them, Rider swerved to the left again while swinging his right sword at Rayden's right side at the thigh and then jabbing with the left Vorpal Sword to hit Rayden's left on the side of the stomach.

Whether he made contact or not, Rider was slam his left heel against the ground making him jump into the air again and landing about five meters away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The White Knight and the Black Knight   The White Knight and the Black Knight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The White Knight and the Black Knight
Page 1 of 1