RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapon-Lovers?

Go down 
+4
aonly9470
Edge Maverick
Kellenredx
Captain Awesome
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:57 pm

My parents never wanted me to go into the marines in a combat role (for obvious reasons) while I always wanted to do something like that. They are especially lucky, though, because I would of gotten this and then had them ship it to me and got it cleared for field use because kukris are AWESOME and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.
It got me curious, though. Anyone on here thinking of getting a weapon of some sort later in life? If you're role playing on a RWBY website, you gotta, at least, have some sort of fascination with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:36 pm

I love weapons. Guns especially. I find there to be a strange beauty in them. I cannot explain the feeling when I see them but I find it better than any work of art. I would get a weapon for myself but laws make it a pain to do so so I might get something nice and bladed.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm

I myself see them as a tool. That is, until they are customized with something. It speaks about the owner. Everything from additions to engravings.
For instance, the website that I saw the kukri on allowed you to engrave something on it for $15 more. You can bet I'd make use of that.
The only other reason I get a fan-boy moment is when it's different from normal weapons of it's kind. Says something about the designer a little.
I guess you could say I'm like Ruby in that way because I'd have a field day if I went to Beacon.
Back to top Go down
Edge Maverick

Edge Maverick

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:09 pm

I collect medieval and oriental weapons and I'm personally practiced with a rapier and katana.
P.S. Weiss's stance is off.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 pm

you're right, weapons are good on their own, more a tool than anything, but when you get an individualised weapon like almost every weapon in rwby and they are at least slightly realistic, they become freaking awesome
Back to top Go down
Black Alchemyst

Black Alchemyst

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:28 pm

I've recently become interested in thetaiga machete. It's a pretty cool multi-purpose weapon that I plan on owning in the near future.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

I myself would actually get my hands on either a sniper rifle or a legitimate katana later in life...if I could. It's kind of weird since I actually used to hate sniper-like weapons, and was always a sort of close-ranged and hand-to-hand combat fanatic a few years back. I just kinda grew into both close-ranged and long-ranged roles as time went on, though first and foremost I'd rather have to have a katana if I were to choose between blade and gun. that's the close-ranged/hand-to-hand aspect me be kicking, and I guess I can never get rid of it. I'd probably add all sorts of customized engravings to a katana's blade if it were my own, and add a skin to a sniper likewise. Y'know...something to mark it as my own. I already own a wooden katana blade and have trained myself with it; kind of like one you'd use during kendo, except with a much slimmer blade. I've personalized it to my heart's content by now.

...this double interest is how the weaponry for one of my characters came to be woops
Back to top Go down
http://whisperthechosen.deviantart.com/
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm the type of person that just likes to push the big red button. Consequently, I've always been into powerful weapons-like sniper rifles-,military vehicles, and really big blades. If it weren't for my ideal career, I'd probably have done the tank crewman MOS instead of avionics.
Because:
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I've already got weapons, really. I have a bow, and my family hunts so we have a lot of rifles and shotguns, plus there's this family tradition of giving the next generation this particular kind of really good quality hunting knife that they've been making for decades, so there's that. I don't have anything super cool or unique or anything, but apparently some people find it interesting when there's a safe full of 11 or so shotguns and rifles in your rec room. (It's a pretty safe, like the nicest furniture in there)

Eventually I'd like to get a more powerful bow, maybe a compound, and some real hunting broadheads (arrows). Along with that, throwing knives. The first chance I get, I'm getting throwing knives.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

...Can I come over? ;-;
Oh man, you want to know what would be an awesome thing to get? A crossbow. No, not one of the modern, hunting ones-I mean legitimate, medieval, has-the-tickler-instead-of-a-trigger crossbow.
Back to top Go down
MartensiteEdge

MartensiteEdge

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:23 am

Heh, I'm lucky enough to have a job that gives me an excuse to try out different working blades. So, first of all, yes, kukri are awesome. That forward curve on the blade makes for some wicked cutting power in a short, heavy blade. The downside is that the cutting technique is actually different from using a normal chopping blade and will take some getting used to. Also, having the edge slide along the target like that tends to pull if from your hand if you aren't careful(note the hook at the bottom of the handle on the ka-bar, for all the newbs). I actually have a similar problem with my Condor Thai enep machete. So not just newbs.

Guess I should say, I just love seeing a well thought out and well crafted tool work. When I can single slice a small tree with my parang: awesome. The feel of a well balanced weapon in my hands: awesome. Hitting targets consistently with a rifle: awesome. Its engineering a solution to a problem, then seeing it all come to fruition. I'd never actually want to hurt someone with a weapon, but I can sure admire the work that went into it. I don't need to embellish it, or make it my own. A good weapon feels right in almost anyone's hands.

That being said, the next thing on my wishlist is probably a well made danish axe. Still deciding over the more traditional shape, or the bearded look. I'd be looking for something of really excellent quality. I've got a Hanwei made number with a pretty good blade, but the fit and finish between the blade and handle is kinda disappointing. I think they were expecting people to test its edge, maybe do some small cuts, but not really use it on trees or anything. Didn't take much before the whole thing had loosened up and gotten wobbly. Been meaning to carve out a new handle for a few years now.

EDIT: Felt right to address everyone else, while I was at it!
@Edge Maverick: Interesting combination of sword styles. I imagine that the only real similarities are in some of the footwork? Between the parries, lunges, and shallow tips cuts of the rapier and the two-handed lunge and draw cuts of a katana... Huh, need more books and some practice to test it, but that sounds like a neat dichotomy to explore. Also, I wouldn't worry about Weiss' stance. Her style of smallsword is a bit different from what(at least I) think of as a rapier. Tie that in with whatever forces she has to contend with with the dust revolver thing, and I'm willing to cut her some slack.

@Black Alchemyst: That Taiga machete design looks pretty sweet! The top heavy design kinda reminds me of a Woodsmans pal or the Ontario SP8. Heavy enough to tear through stuff, short enough to not drag on your belt. I carry a SOG tomahawk when I need something like that.

@xHavenx: I should probably note that a lot of "sniper" rifles stem from civilian hunting rifles, or visa versa. I want to say the US marines were using a barely modified Remintion 700 series bolt-action(which has been a popular hunting rifle for goodness knows how long) for a lot of their snipers fairly recently, though someone will want to fact check that. On the other hand, the AR-15 platform(originally the M-16 in Vietnam) is now a popular hunting rifle, along with having military and law enforcement sniper configurations. So, go find yourself a good, accurate rifle, and someone, somewhere, is probably using the same thing as a sniper rifle. That said: accurate guns are fun. I wish you the best.
Katana are something else that have a certain amount of lore to them. Authentic Japanese katana are really classy, but when it comes down to function, there are other people making comparable pieces. The hard part is knowing enough metallurgy to tell the difference. There are fairly bare-bones katana makers that can pull off a good heat treat and have a great katana without doing any of the folding and pattern-welding that most people associate with Japanese blades. Others will throw a lot of techno-babble at you, tell you that the sword has 10 bajillion layers, and you'll still have a sub-optimal blade. If you decide to hunt out a katana, choose carefully. There are a lot of schmucks out there to sell you a crappy sword. Which kinda goes for shopping for any sword.

Pardon my ranting! Hope it's helpful, informative, and not boring!
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Dat SP8.
Yeah, they even admit that weapons they use, like the M24, are basically just expensive hunting rifles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon-Lovers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon-Lovers?   Weapon-Lovers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon-Lovers?
Page 1 of 1