RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Weapon Discussion.

Go down 
+6
Drake Ferrox
Wrecker
Kooplah
ChaosPhoenix11
JL
Amber
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Twin of the Character Description thread, as mentioned by Chaosphoenix11.

Discuss weapons here, whether it be yours or others. Refrain from posting negative comments about other people's weapons though, they will be removed and you will be warned.

Maybe post a spoiler of the description of the weapon you wish to talk about, so people don't need to navigate all over to find it.

Last edited by Amaranthyne on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Weapons, Characters...

We need an abilities thread.

Smile

In any case, I think the best weapon in the game right now is El Taladro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
ChaosPhoenix11

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:51 pm

Onyx And Emerald are great weapons that aren't really overpowered. The concept for them is actually literally the ENTIRE reason i wanted to sign up, and convinced myself to try the whole "RP Forum thing. So if you like that i'm here, thank my weapon design. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 pm

JL wrote:
Weapons, Characters...

We need an abilities thread.

Smile

In any case, I think the best weapon in the game right now is El Taladro.
He should probably have his own thread, since El Taladro is a combination of a weapon, character, and ability.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:24 pm

See: My sig.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 am

ChaosPhoenix11 wrote:
Onyx And Emerald are great weapons that aren't really overpowered. The concept for them is actually literally the ENTIRE reason i wanted to sign up, and convinced myself to try the whole "RP Forum thing. So if you like that i'm here, thank my weapon design. Very Happy
Those are the shotguns that cut people by reloading and spinning, right? They're like handheld beyblades.

In any case, while those are definitely cool weapons and certainly not OP, you should definitely focus some character development. Always fun!

Kooplah wrote:

He should probably have his own thread, since El Taladro is a combination of a weapon, character, and ability.
El Taladro - Weaparactability.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 am

Heck, the reason I happily embraced a RWBY RP is for the weapons.

I'm still rather proud of the Talons as a concept. Yes, yes I am.
Back to top Go down
Pad molone

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 2:44 am

Am I the only one here who thinks that weapons sort of design the characters character.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:16 am

When thinking of Paladin I had a very complex train of thought.

"I like axes. I like flamethrowers too. I'll make an axe flamethrower."

And thus, Paladin was born.

Last edited by Jetscream on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tyler Yamasaki

Tyler Yamasaki

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:58 pm

I like my weapons, Firedancer and Black Blade. But I like each of them for very different reasons.

I like firedancer cause it was based off of a weapon I saw once and It was really good looking, but I also like it cause It combines weapon forms with the usage of dust, something I don't think we'll ever see in the Show.

I like black Blade because for one, its black. But I like the abilities I have written down for it, specifically the Air Jump ability, and oh my god the shielding ability...
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:12 pm

So, I have two, (still in development) ideas for a weapon, and I kinda want to hear your thoughts on them.

1. Twin swords that can be formed to make a bow that can fire high powered rifle rounds in a manner similar to a cannon.

2. Gauntlets and grieves that are pile bunkers, sorta like Yang's Ember Celica, but slower as a trade off for more power. Tinkering with the idea of giving them a rail gun with the feet parts acting as supports so the recoil isn't too much.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:32 am

The first one is cool until you get to the firing bit. Bow's usually shoot arrows; guns usually shoot rifle rounds. A bow doesn't have the 'space' of shoot a rifle round. And, "similar to a cannon" gets a bit confusing.

In any case, if you've seen movies where bow-wielders use their weapon in CQC by throwing arrows and parrying physical attacks, this could be an evolution of that.

For your second one, you could have a powerful charge up rail gun using magnetic forces formed from both guantlets while your feet gets clamped to the ground! Cool.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:21 am

Working on a possible third character whose choice of weaponry, makes him similar to Disc Wars players from Tron: Legacy. What I want to do, though, is make the weapon double as a mobility device, just like how my two current characters have weapons that help them move (Hunter's wingbuster is a set of wings, Jett's swords combine into a hoverboard), and I've been reading Air Gear again.

So, I'm making twin chakram disc weapons called "Rinzlers" that turn into powered skates for him to move around, just like Sideswipe. Weaponry will also include tazer grenades.

Also, like my previous characters, he needs a hidden wrist blade and some sort of wearable electronic screen. I'm thinking maybe an electronic glass eye.

Another weapon I was thinking about was a triple-changer weapon that was chest armor, a riot shield, and an arm cannon that shot Dust rounds.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 pm

Yeah, honestly, when coming up with weapons, the hardest part isn't the name, it's the gun part. I try to make it "fit" into the RWBY universe by adhering to Monty's style. So coming up with something that suits my tastes and seems like it could go in the series is kinda hard.

And I'm glad you like the Pilebunker/rail gun idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapon Discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon Discussion.   Weapon Discussion. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapon Discussion.
Page 1 of 1