RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cynthia Creed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Maximus

Maximus

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Character

Name: Cynthia Creed

Species: Human

Symbol: A laughing skull in front of a scythe

Appearance: She's around 4' 6" and weighs around 110 pounds. She has a small build with little muscle mass, causing people to assume that she's weak and fragile. She has thick, long black hair that goes down to the middle of her back. She has crimson eyes and a crazy grin constantly on her lips. Her facial structure is rugged and tough looking; so much that it contradicts her body structure.

Her outfit varies depending on whether or not she's on a job or not. Her casual wear usually consists of a white tank-top with a blue jacket. She also wears either a red skirt or blue jeans. She also wears pink tennis shoes.
When she's on an Assassination Job, her wardrobe changes drastically. When on the job, she wears all dark clothes; a black hoodie, a dark shirt, and camouflage pants that vary based on her environment. She also wears a mask that covers all of her face except for her eyes.

History: Cynthia was born into an interesting world. Both of her parents started out as hunter and huntress. But the kingdom summoned them for a special mission. They went on the job and were double crossed, causing them to go into hiding. From then on, they decided to go rouge and use their training for their own personal gain. They became assassins and in time built up a sizable fortune on blood money. They own a mansion on the edge of Vale, outside the influence of the kingdom. The Creed family works for whoever will pay and whoever is against the Kingdom; mainly the White Fang or other organisations like them.

When Cynthia was born, her assassin training began at once. She was taught about deceit, stealth, and using her surroundings to her advantage. She learned about how to kill effectively and how to obtain information. But she was also raised on the luxuriates of a rich family. She had servants and extravagant wealth that was at her disposal.

At the age of 15, she completed her assassin training, an unheard of event. After another year, she set out to start her own group of assassins, her own guild. So she set off and traveled the country searching for a good place to set up her new guild. Along the way, she met a group of like minded individuals who followed her and later joined her guild, The League of Angels.

For the next three years, she took various jobs around the kingdom and established herself as one of the big names. She is known throughout the Criminal Underworld as a ruthless killing machine with no concern for human life. She kills without the slightest hint of mercy and exactly to the clients specifications, no matter how obscure. She has also managed to gain the title of The Angel of Death. But she has a secret. No one knows her true identity. Nobody knows that Cynthia is The Angel. Only her guild-mates know her secret and because of this, once you're in the guild, you can't get out. Only the best have joined the guild and only the best will continue to join.
She used to be the ruthless killing machine that the rumors and legends tell, but something changed all that.
On one of her jobs, Cynthia was assigned a contract to kill a nosy diplomat. She set up and was ready to strike when she met a young girl. The girl had long brown hair and a worried expression. She looked up and asked Cynthia what she was doing. Cynthia didn't respond at first, but when the child asked again she gave in and told her she was just watching. The girl told her that she was looking for her friend. Cynthia asked who she was looking for and the girl replied, "My only friend." Cynthia asked for details and after the girl told her, Cynthia explained that she hadn't seen anyone like that in the crowd. Then the girl goes on, explaining why its so important that she finds him. Mainly because she had no one else to turn to. As Cynthia listened, she began to fell sorry for the girl. Then Cynthia asked for her name. She replied, "Caroline."

After completing the job, Cynthia continued to dwell on Caroline's story. It bothered her, nagging her about something. She began to understand that life can be precious to some people. She began to feel like a semi-normal person. She tried to find Caroline again, but she seemed to disappear into thin air. None of Cynthia's informants could find her.

Personality: Cynthia is a strong, proud person who understands the values of life. Normally she is kind, caring, supportive of others, and just cute. She acts like one of those, "Look at the cute kitty! I just wanna take it home and love it and squeeze it and..." People wouldn't believe that she has a bad bone in her body.
She continues to train in her assassin ways, never letting herself get rusty. People seem to get a good vibe off of her whenever she's around. In order to seem more normal, she even learned how to play the violin.
When she becomes the Angel of Death, her personality flips as well. She is mean spirited, unforgiving, and, in a term, evil. Her merciless ways and silent killing techniques make her a feared force. People don't feel comfortable around her.
On a stranger note, she has a bad habit of going through other peoples stuff and trying on their clothes if they have any. She also tends to eavesdrop on people's conversations. She sizes up people she has to work with, just in case she gets double crossed like her parents. She is also a master card player and tends to hustle people for money.
Cynthia doesn't really believe in love. She thinks the idea of love is cute but that its totally asinine and impractical.

Strength: She is strong, agile, and smart. Her assassin training make her resourceful, creative, and insane. Her mastery of her weapon is another major skill. She can blend into a crowd easily, she has learned to pickpocket, pick locks, and be almost silent at times. She blends in most of the time, causing people to forget she was in the area. Her misleading other half can be a good disguise at times.

Weaknesses: She doesn't trust people easily. Her other life can ruin some opportunities that arise and can get in the way sometimes. Her killer instinct also makes it dangerous to sneak up on her, even by accident. She hates cocky people who are full of themselves or people who think they're better then her. Her sneakiness can get her in trouble at times.

Semblance: Now You See Me
At least 6 times a week with at least an hour in between usage, Cynthia can make someone forget they saw her. She doesn't need to focus to much energy into it but she can manage to distort people's memory of herself and anything about her. It only takes a moment of contact and she can erase anyone's memory of herself as much as she wants within the parameters. She can't force anyone to do anything; she can only remove any memory of herself and replace it with a different face. She can't change much though; she can only change their memory of something small, like eye color, hair color, facial structure, etc. Example: She can make a witness remember her for having blue eyes instead of red. She can even make someone remember her as a Faunus.
The downside is that people need to see her first so that she can change something and that they must break eye contact with her for a few seconds.

Weapon

Name: Lullaby

Primary Form: A green violin that is 4' long from top to bottom and 10" at it's base. It has 4 strings and causes a soothing, melodic noise when played. Built from a light, yet durable material it has been specially built so that only Cynthia will be able to play it successfully. The bow is 3 feet long and is made of steel with a metallic wire. The bow can be used as a sort of sword if she chooses. The bow can handle light blows and an occasional heavy blow. Lullaby was not designed for combat but as more of an emergency self defensive object.

History: Lullaby was the second weapon created by Cynthia. She made it in an attempt to be "normal" and to have a sort of hobby while she isn't on a job. She has yet to find a band but she still manages to get gigs at fancy restaurants that like live music.

Name: Deathscythe

Primary Form: A large 7' long scythe with a 4 foot blade. The scythe has a black and silver handle with a red blade. The blade has 5 spikes along the top that aim backwards. Inscribed in the blade is Cynthia's symbol.

Name: Figure 8

Primary Form: A revolver with an elongated barrel and the capability to hold 8 shots instead of 6. The gun was specially designed for Cynthia alone and to take modified dust bullets. So far, Cynthia has only managed to create 4 dust bullets; Smoke, Fire, Explosive, and Armor Piercing. Each bullets dust ability is activated once it makes contact with a solid object. The abilities of the dust bullets are explained here:
Smoke: The bullet trails smoke behind it once shot and then creates a quiet explosion and creates a thick cloud of smoke.
Fire: Upon firing, the bullet is extremely hot, even more hot than normal bullets. But once the bullet makes contact, a small candle sized flame erupts from the bullet hole. The flame lasts only a few seconds.
Explosive: The bullet looks like an average bullet and actually seems to travel slightly slower than the other types of bullets. Once contact is made though, it explodes with the power of three sticks of dynamite. It has the capability to blow a hole 4 feet down and 2 feet across.
Armor Piercing: The bullets look the same as normal bullets but they are slightly pointier. They are what the name implies, it's armor piercing. It can punch through armor 4 inches thick with ease. Anything beyond that is slightly more difficult to hit and requires multiple shots.  

History: Deathscythe is the first weapon that Cynthia ever had. She forged it just like her fathers scythe and used her mother's pistol for the design of Figure 8. She never uses Deathscythe unless she is on a job and the weapon usually remains at her room in the League of Angels guild. She carries Figure 8 around with her at all times and also brings it along on jobs.

Last edited by Maximus on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 am

I'm okay with the overall ability of the semblance, but I'm going to have to ask that you dial back her ability to remain undetected a bit. Since she must remain immobile while stealthed there is a chance a character or NPC could accidentally bump into her or otherwise make physical contact. The only way she could remain undetected in such cases is if she had the some manner of mind control, which I can't allow.

She can be invisible and silent, but she can't be completely undetectable. There needs to be a possibility of detection.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 am

Semblance edited for clarity; also personality tampered with a little bit, nothing to serious
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:59 pm

There are some wording issues in the semblance that make it sound like two separate abilities, so you'll want to clear those up. As it is, it sounds like her semblance requires her to stay still and deactivates when she moves. Seeing as it also improves her speed, that seems weird.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Semblance edited for clarity; also, I was wondering if you could tell me if the weapon Deathscythe was ok or if I need to change it due to its resemblance to Ruby's weapon. I would like to know ahead of time so that I could prep.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 pm

In my opinion, the weapon is way too close to Ruby's. In addition, I think your semblance is a little too powerful. We tend to try to have semblances focus on one thing, with maybe multiple applications for it. Invisibility, strength, and speed all rolled in to one is just... way too powerful. I'm also assuming that it can only be used once a day, based on the wording, which is a decent downside... but I still feel it's too powerful.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm

I understand completely. I have changed both the semblance and the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:17 am

Interesting semblance, but it may end up being difficult to pull off.

Weapons seem alright in my eyes now.

Approved +1

A minor change: Your character is 4 feet 6 inches tall, but weighs 140 pounds. That is an extremely heavy weight for someone of that height. A happy medium would be more like 110 pounds. Perhaps a little less, maybe 105 or even 100, since she doesn't have much muscle mass, as described.
Back to top Go down
Maximus

Maximus

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 am

Weight changed to fit build
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 am

Looks good to me now, Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cynthia Creed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cynthia Creed   Cynthia Creed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cynthia Creed
Page 1 of 1