RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)

Go down 
+12
JL
Drake Ferrox
Aphrodisiac
Frankenstein Joe
Skylight
Tsuteto
Dakir
Kaliot
CentralDogma
Ziplock80
DrGustave
Amber
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Empty
PostSubject: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:01 pm

8 PM, Friday night.

The Scurvy Potato. A run down bar on the outskirts of the city, only visited by the lowest of the low. Assassins, pirates, thieves, you name it, we got em. Most of the patrons are good folk, really, just hit by hard circumstance. But sometimes you get the real trouble makers... the ones that never follow rules. Like the one lady that just walked in the door... she's a real problem in these parts, but even the law can't nail her for anything. Pulling half a smile from my pocket, I turn to her. "Evening, Yvaine. Your usual then?"

--------------------------------------

"Not tonight, Bill. Start me off with a scotch on the rocks, and we'll see where that gets me."

Taking a seat at one of the tables in the corner, Yvaine looks around the bar to see if any of her contacts or competition are in the room... and spots nothing.

Hm. I wonder if some of those idiots finally wised up and decided to stay out of my hair now. Maybe they finally noticed how quickly their informants and contract killers were disappearing. I doubt it though... it is still early after all.

Content with her thoughts for now, Yvaine waits for her drink to be brought over.

((OOC: Everyone has free reign of all the NPCs in this thread, though I'd like to avoid bringing Grimm in, and I'd like to avoid fights in here in general.))
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Franklin enters the bar several minutes later. He was obviously overdressed and stuck out like a sore thumb. He looked down at the paper he had ripped form the post earlier that day. "Well...it's not my usual kind of place but...this is where it said to meet." He said to himself as he walked over to the bar area and took a seat. "Whiskey on the rocks please." He said to the bartender. As he was handed the drink he took a sip and began waiting for a some sort of sign this was the right place.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Matt walks into the bar, a smile on his face. He hadn't been here in a while, but the place was still fresh in his mind. After he finally got some free time at school, he decided he'd pay a visit to this old place. He spots an old friend across the bar, and walks over.
Hey, Brent, it's been too long!
Yeah, How long it been now, 2 years? Brent sips his drink as he talks to Matt.
Yeah, about. Let me go get a drink. I'll be right back. Matt walks up to the bar and orders a glass of whiskey. He grabs it and starts walking back to Brent.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Vates walks into the bar smiling, remembering the couple of shows he did here, and walks towards the most brightly lit booth he could find. Wonder who Bill has working the tables tonight. That little blonde always gave me something extra when I ordered. He kicks his feet up on the table, pulls a book out of his coat and begins reading it while waiting for either the waitress or the rest of the pirates to show.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:33 pm

Bill watches a new guy as well as a kid walk in. He gives them both their drinks, not even bothering with ID considering who else the establishment serves. Once he finishes that, he notices someone else enter. Hmm. There's that crappy "bard" that shows up here from time to time... maybe I should send Tiffany to work his table, he tends to tip her the best. "Hey Tiff, why don't you take the tables for a bit? You can take Yvaine's drink over then start with the other folks." The blonde, Tiffany, grabs the scotch on the rocks and takes it over to Yvaine, before heading to Vates' table, winking and smiling seductively at him as she gets there. "Hey sugar, what can I get you tonight?"

Yvaine barely spares a glance at the... less than pure waitress as she drops her drink off, grabbing it and taking a sip before looking around the bar again.

Hmm... well I have seen two of these guys before, but that one kid hardly looks old enough to be out of diapers let alone stopping by a place like this. And now that waitress is stopping by that weird bards table... wonder what they'll be doing once she ends her shift. Though... maybe some of these guys are interested in becoming employees for me... or getting involved in some other business venture.

Last edited by Amber on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Vates puts his book away and feet under the table, "Hey there, Tiff. I'll just have whiskey right now." He leans forward on the table a bit to give Tiffany a better look at his eyes. "Anyways, how have you been? Been a while since I've been back here."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:20 am

Aurelia strolled into the bar in her 'other' outfit, her metal baton tucked away in a pocket inside her jacket. She had no intentions on having to use it, but there are always things outside of one's control. She glanced around, scoping out the bar. There were some faces that seemed familiar, but not any that she actually knew. Hmm, nobody is here today. Oh well.

She finally arrived at the bar and plopped herself down on a seat. "Bill, a bottle of rum!" She put some money on the counter as he handed her the bottle. "Thanks, keep the change." Aurelia popped off the top and took a long sip. She finished her sip and licked her lips as she brought the bottle down from them. She put her elbow on the table, her hand holding up her head, and let out a sigh. She took another sip.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:06 am

Kasumi walked up to the little bar. This is where that guy said I might find some work. She thought to herself. She entered and looked around, seeing a few other patrons generally lounging around and drinking. She decided to grab herself a drink.

She walked up to the bartender, feeling a little out of place. She said, "Hi, umm...I'll have a white Russian." A little awkwardly. She had never really been to a legitimate bar before, but she was running out of money and needed work, so here she was.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:26 am

Bill hands off the bottom of rum to Aurelia and hears 'keep the change'. Hah. A little extra money off the books never hurts. He then turns his attention to the rest of the room for a moment, seeing Tiff and that silly bard guy flirting. I can't believe he actually falls for that yotz... how does anyone fall for that girls' routine? Just after thinking that, he gets Tiffany's signal for a whiskey, and gets it ready and places it on the bar for Tiff to get. Spying yet another person very new to the bar coming in, he turns his focus on her, placing her White Russian on the bar when it was ready. "Hope ye got enough money there, dollface." He says gruffly, noticing her nervousness.

Over at Vates and Tiffany, her light flirting continues, including winking and light touching. " Well, I'm much better now that you're here... but things have been alright. That girl Yvaine over in the corner has been causing trouble for some people here though, tends to lead to some violence among other patrons. But enough about me! Tell me how you've been! How has your career been going? " She seems oblivious to the fact that his drink is ready.

Yvaine finishes up her drink, signaling one of the waitresses for another glass. Noticing one of the more regular patrons entering, she starts thinking. Huh... mixture of new and old tonight, though none of them are ones that I have a problem with. I suppose I can try talking to some of them. As her thoughts hit that direction, she notices a new girl entering, one that certainly looks nervous to be here. And I think I'll start with her... but not yet. I always prefer if potential employees come to me first.

"I was kind of hoping Viola would show tonight... that girl has been completely ignoring my contact for a few days now, and I'm getting annoyed." She mutters under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Tsuteto stood at the door, slowly undoing the buttons on his black coat. Why, Tsuteto, why do you come back to this miserable joint? he thinks, undoing the last button. His tail, hidden beneath the coat and along the back, wrapped gingerly around his weapon's sheath, pulls down the scabbard with the blade, removing the view of the hilt of the sword from over his shoulder. "Whatever," he whispered, grasping the slightly chilled metal handle, "Not like anyone really knows by visiting just once a month." Turning the handle, he stepped in, the minutely warmer environment being quite welcoming.

The first thing he took note of was the patron count. Quite the number, but he didn't think it'd be a bother at all. He stepped in fully, closing the door with a small click behind him. As he approached the bar, he gave a small chuckle at the blonde waitress flirting with some guy. He remembered her trying that once with himself, from sweet talk to flaunting her body, to no avail. Seeing Bill notice him, Tsuteto gave a small nod, and said, "Just the usual water." He knew this must confuse the bartender, since even though it was just water, the pay (which was always unnecessary) was typically that of two it three drinks. To Tsuteto, the pay was more for the comfortable environment to think in.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Rosalina walks in the bar and stabs her bloody knife into the bar. " Surprise me..." She adjusts her hat.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:43 pm

Franklin looks up from his drink at the woman in the hat several seats down from him. "You know, most people don't really pull off the whole cowboy look. However you're a regular Calamity Jane, huh?" He said looking over at her.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 pm

((Deleted))

Last edited by Skylight on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm

"My career? Well, there's a reason why I haven't been here. Got quite a few good paying hunts a bit back. Anyways, you have a job and some new people to fleece. I'm gonna go jack into Bill's speakers again, get some good music in this place." Vates wlaks over to a corner speaker and starts messing with some of the wires before some music starts up. "Ha, still that simple. Let's start with this one.."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:52 pm

"Twelve people, huh?" Frank says in his normal nonchalant voice. "So then, who's blood is that?" He asks motioning to the knife still stuck in the bar.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Rosa smiles and says "Just my modeling advisor... he was a nobody." She takes a seat next to the man
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 pm

"Modelling advisor?" Frank says after taking another drink. "What they do to piss you off?" He asked still eyeballing the knife.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm

((Deleted))

Last edited by Skylight on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Bill hands the glass of water to the weird guy that always overpays before turning his attention back to the general bar. He spots a fairly tall woman in a sheriff's hat walk in and sit at the bar, being fairly surprised when she says to surprise her with a drink, but doesn't comment on the knife in the bar. "Here you go miss... enjoy." He says as he hands her a Corpse Reviver #2.

Elsewhere in the bar, Tiffany is a little put off that the cute guy she was flirting with just walked away from her, and decides to head outside for a smoke. She motions to Bill that she's taking a break.

Off in her little corner, Yvaine gets delivered her second drink and downs it instantly. She spies the woman with the sheriff's hat walk in, and is intrigued by her behavior. She attempts to focus on what she's saying, but is interrupted by some fool starting up crappy music.

Fool really must not know that I'm here and don't appreciate his music...

Getting pissed off, she withdraws Flaying Needle as she walks over to him, and points the tip at his throat, glaring at him. "You can quit with this crappy music and stay alive, or I can put my baby through your throat and turn it off myself. Your choice."

Last edited by Amber on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:15 pm

"No I guess not..." Frank says while spinning his drink. "So, Calamity Jane, what's your name?" He asked after finishing his drink.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Opening the doors to the bar, the sun would shine off Connla's golden armour as he walks inside, saying to the bartender, " A glass of water and some food please." As he finds a seat to sit in, eyeing the other occupants of the room as he does so with interest. Knowing full well this is not his normal hang out, it would only be that he was in the area and desperately needed food that he would so much as consider entering the place, deciding to make as little contact as possible, he sits and thinks to himself.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Rosa takes the drink not knowing what it is and sips at it" Rosalina Delfineus.... and you slim jim...?" She looks at the bartender and asks" What the hell is this?"

Last edited by Skylight on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:22 pm

"Well, excuse me princess. I'm sorry you don't have good taste in music. Here, I'll change the song." He reaches down to his music player and flips through the songs until he finds something else. When he brings his hand back up he grabs Ljósálfr and points in at her face. "That better, do we need to get nasty?" I really don't need to banned from another bar for shooting someone. Just let her back off.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:29 pm

"Franklin Dillinger." Frank says as he orders another drink. "Rosalin Delfineus.... Where have I heard that name before..." He says as takes a sip of his new drink. "Thanks mate"
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:32 pm

((Deleted))

Last edited by Skylight on Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next