RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]

Go down 
+4
DrGustave
Frankenstein Joe
Zou Sama
Nitzlplix
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:32 am

Rudolf Steinmetz, a renowned inventor of Vale is having his annual open house where he will showcase some of his latest inventions as well as take on commissions/suggestions for new ones.

Come one, come all, to the annual Steinmetz open house!

A crowd of people are lined up outside of the Steinmetz estate. Crowd members are then ushered into a hallway leading to Steinmetz's workshop.

There are display glasses filling the room, bright ceiling lights highlighting his wonderous creations!

From an elevated walkway,

"Good afternoon everyone! Welcome to the 20th annual Steinmetz open house! I am Rudolf Steinmetz. The items you see before you are the result of a man's passion to create. Enjoy yourselves! And please try not to get fingerprints on the glass!"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:37 am

Shard sat in the corner of the room, slouched in a chair with his feet up.
He was just here for the free food, but of course, this turned out to be a bore-fest, and not only that, it just so happened he was in the house of his stupid partner from Beacon, Inigo.
Shard decided he would just stuff his face and try to get some sleep in a corner, which is where we now find him.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:39 am

Aoife at first doesn't pay the new shop any heed, having been wearing the maid outfit for a few hours now and wanting to get out of it. Upon hearing Rudolf, she stops and listens. Deciding to humour him, she walks in, disregarding the people eyeing her and starting to think to herself, 'Tch. I was going to get back and relax, though I guess after all the work of coming down here, may as well make it a day trip.'
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:44 am

"Oy! Shard! Buddy! What brings you here? Did you get one of the fliers I've been throwing around campus? Inigo waves to Shard trying and failing to hide his large figure.

Dr. Steinmetz approches Aoife.

"Young lass! What a magnificent coat of armor you have there!", eyes sparkling.

Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:47 am

First looking at the speaker, she looks over her clothing and then back to the Dr, "This? Oh, it's not my armour. Just clothing I go out in, it's comfortable and loose so I am not restricted in movement."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:51 am

"It sure looks like armor to me, hohoho!"

"How are you liking the open house? Have you seen my latest invention?" Steinmetz
motions to a medium-sized display case. Within it appears to be a seemingly normal kite-shield.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:55 am

"Yes, I saw the fliers, but let me set you straight on a few things. First, I am not your "buddy", and if you think that can be changed but a few friendly words, then you are more of an idiot than I first thought, and Second, I came for the free food. Had I known this was your house, I wouldn't have bothered even for that"
Shard was on his feet, towering over Inigo, with a scowl on his face.
"Now unless there is something you wanted, I was trying to take a nap"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:56 am

Quickly looking over kite-shield, she barely holds in a snicker 'This is his latest invention? Arthur's shield is more useful than that looks.' . Speaking aloud, her voice holds no change from her previous responses, her inner thoughts being kept as just that, "The Open house is being most informative, may I inquire as to what capabilities the shield has?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:00 am

"Oh, hoho! I'm glad you asked, young lady!" Steinmetz opens the case and takes out the shield and straps it to his arm.

He flips a switch and the shield appears to vibrate and hum for a second, then it stills. He assumes a guard stance. "Now! Why don't you try to take a swing at me?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:01 am

Inigo smirks.

"Are you sure you didn't want to just visit your buddy, Inigo?", ignoring Shard's warning.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:02 am

Taking out the hidden White Dragon from underneath her skirt, she starts switching it into Spear mode as she goes to Stab at the shield, "Hope you are ready for this!"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:06 am

White Dragon's spear-point makes contact with the front of the shield, when suddenly a loud humming noise resonates from the shield. In a split-second, White Dragon is ripped from Aoife's hands, spinning in the air, until it sinks into the sheer metal wall of the workshop.

Several members of the crowd notice the loud *PANG* and begin to look on at the scene playing out.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 am

Shard inhales, exhales, then glares at Inigo with the eyes of the Grim Reaper himself.
"I will give you one more warning; The only thing thus far that has prevented me from grabbing this table and smashing it over your face is the fact that doing so will get me kicked out and prevent me from eating then food around us. Now if you don't leave me be, I can't guarantee that courtesy will be upheld for to much longer."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:11 am

Smiling despite being disarmed so easily, she makes a quick mental note of 'Make Arthur's do that.' . Walking over and taking back her weapon, she swaps it back to its components and puts it back on the belt under the dress, "Not bad, though it seems to have worked as well only because I wasn't expecting that to happen. Not sure how well it would last past initial combat phase in a real fight."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 am

As Aoife goes to retrieve her White Dragon. Announcing to the crowd "This, my dear, fräulein..., he uses his free hand to pat the face of the shield. ...is Türsteher's primary function".

"The shield face is fitted with 51 sensors, when a force measuring greater than 15psi is detected by a sensor, the micro-piston site for that sensor reacts with an opposite force measuring five-times the initial load."

The crowd begins to clamor, impressed by Steinmetz's Türsteher demonstration

((OOC: Steinmetz is kind of like a German Prof. Port, for quick reference))

"Not sure how well it would last past initial combat phase in a real fight"

"Oh, ho! But my dear Türsteher has another function. For this, however, we may need to step outside. And we need a volunteer...You!" Steinmetz motions at Shard, currently engaged with Inigo.

"How would you like to help in a demonstration?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:33 am

"You"
Shard started to clench his fists
"How would you like to help in a demonstration"
Shard turned his attention away from Inigo.
"Not right now pops. But this bugger here seems to be itching for a fight, maybe he'll help"
Shard slammed Inigo in the back, hard enough to make him stumble forward.
He crossed his arms and flopped back down into his improvised "bed"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:36 am

Watching the two, she walks over to Shard and Inigo, "Seems we have some hostility over here. What's the problem?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:39 am

Shard sighs
"No problem here, nothing to see, move along yadda yadda" he says, without opening his eyes.
Shard waves Aoife away
"Shoo fly"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:42 am

"Oh! Inigo! You'll do.

To Aoife, "Oh, that's just the grumpy giant for you, but you'd think he'd be a little nicer to his partner.", rolling his eyes and looking at Shard.

Everyone moves outdoors to the large courtyard of the Steinmetz estate. There are cobblestone walkways surrounding a large grassy garden area.

Inigo stands 10 meters away from Steinmetz on the grass and takes a ready stance.

"Okay, Inigo, are you ready?"

Inigo winces, having been the test subject for the prototype, knows what's coming next. "Ready as I'll ever be"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:44 am

Aura starting to form, her hand subconsciously going over where White Dragon would be placed. Aoife then gives Shard her friendliest smile, and goes in a seemingly tender voice, "Right. Also next time you tell me to shoo, I will burn you down to your bones, and use them to create a crown."

With that she walks away from him, going to watch the secondary function of the shield in action.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:48 am

Steinmetz activates Türsteher and it begins to hum again.

"Ready? 3...2...1" Steinmetz jams Türsteher into the ground. The ground rumbles for a second, and then...*Boom* Inigo is launched up 15 feet into the air. He knows that he could land properly from this, but he wanted to really sell people on the Türsteher, so he lets the shockwave take him up and drop him hard onto the grassy ground *OOMF*.

The crowd then begins to cheer.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:49 am

"Right. Also next time you tell me to shoo, I will burn you down to your bones, and use them to create a crown."
"pft, yeah yeah, now move along princess."
Shard lowers himself further into his seat. This night was quickly going bad.
"Ready as I'll ever be"
Something about this statement piqued Shard's interest. Maybe the fact that coming from Inigo, it meant that something unpleasant was headed Inigo's way. Shard opened one Eye to watch the proceedings.
Seeing Inigo get launched into the air and fall on his back was probably the best thing that had happened to Shard all week.
He smirked, closed his eye, and went back to trying to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:53 am

Again, turning to the crowd, "The Türsteher's secondary function has an effective range of 15 meters, a shockwave is emitted from the shield and seeks out the first object weighing over 50lb, once the wave makes contact with an object of that mass, it erupts towards the surface, launching it into the air."

Inigo gets up slowly, that really did hurt.

"How about a hand for young Inigo?

The crowd cheers again. And Inigo takes a bow.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:54 am

Finding herself clapping with the Crowd, she almost instantly starts trying to get a work around for the Primary Form, muttering to herself, "It works on sensors, so if you get rid of them, that area is weakened."  

Smiling to herself, she looks at Steinmetz, "Not bad for a shield, could come in handy in a fight more than once then. Though the secondary function seems to be at a disadvantaged in a forest or anything with large masses as well as a person."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:04 am

"Actually, my dear, fräulein, the Türsteher ignores tree and heavy debris". He opens a panel on the shield, revealing two digital screens, labelled 'MIN/MAX'.

"You can adjust the minimum and maximum weight the shockwave will pick up. Between 50-250lbs seems to work for most human-sized targets. For Grimm, we would set it to something around 50-500."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next