RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]

Go down 
+4
DrGustave
Frankenstein Joe
Zou Sama
Nitzlplix
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Frankenstein Joe

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:54 am

Finding herself clapping with the Crowd, she almost instantly starts trying to get a work around for the Primary Form, muttering to herself, "It works on sensors, so if you get rid of them, that area is weakened."  

Smiling to herself, she looks at Steinmetz, "Not bad for a shield, could come in handy in a fight more than once then. Though the secondary function seems to be at a disadvantaged in a forest or anything with large masses as well as a person."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:04 am

"Actually, my dear, fräulein, the Türsteher ignores tree and heavy debris". He opens a panel on the shield, revealing two digital screens, labelled 'MIN/MAX'.

"You can adjust the minimum and maximum weight the shockwave will pick up. Between 50-250lbs seems to work for most human-sized targets. For Grimm, we would set it to something around 50-500."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:16 am

"..Right." Deciding it would be time consuming to go into specifics with the Doctor, she stays quiet, nodding at the response. Parting from the crowd sometime later, she starts walking around the exhibit by herself, looking over the various creations and trying to work out how they work and their flaws.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:06 am

After the crowd dies down a bit, Inigo walks back into the workshop and goes up to Shard, lounging back in a wooden chair.

'That sure looks uncomfortable', the thinks to himself.

"Hey, Shard, my friend! Wake up! I've got something neat to show you!"

Inigo
proceeds to push the chair (standing on two legs) backwards, causing Shard to begin to fall.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 12:17 am

Shard woke up with a bang on his head.
The fall, had crushed the chair and slammed Shard into the wall.
He stood up, rubbing his head
"This had better be the best damn thing I've ever seen, or you are going to be incredibly sorry you ever met me" he scowled
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:50 am

Declan had showed up to the open house late. Again. 'I have to stop doing thi-' He notices a crowd of people in a ring clapping. He pushes his way through the crowd to see what was on the other side. "Oh god, what did you do this time, doctor..."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:11 am

Staring up at Shard with a bright smile "Well, I told the doctor about my partner during initiation and he mentioned that one of his older inventions would be perfect for you!"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:17 am

Shard grumbled
"Then lead on, 'Neon Wonder', lets see what the old man's got for me"
Shard was still fairly annoyed at the manner by which he was woken, but a new toy was a new toy, so he might as well check it out.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:19 am

"Ah! Young Declan! I haven't seen you since last year's open house. How are you, my boy?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 am

Inigo leads Shard into a side room of the workshop. The path is a long corridor lit by oil lamps lining the walls of the long hallway. The carpet, a dull green, well-traveled, dirt covered rug is a stark contrast to the bright red and gold-trimmed one in the main 'workshop' atrium.

Inigo opens an old oaken door, again a far-cry from the mahogany ones in the previous area, to reveal a large dusty, yet well-lit room. Toolboxes, workbenches, large chests, the room was cluttered. The walls are filled with long equations, sketches, and seemingly meaningless thoughts (some half complete).

"Give me a second, it's somewhere in this mess"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 am

"Do what you will"
Shard pulled out Shrapnel Shifter and plunged it into the floor on an angle, leaning it against the wall as a makeshift seat.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 am

After rustling through the clutter, Inigo disappears into a large crate.

After a few moments, he emerges, with a device strapped to his wrist.

"Here it is!" he points it towards Shard and accidentally fires it. A small 6-inch bolt drives deep into the metal wall with a *THUD* next to Shard's head.

"Oops!"

The bolt in the wall begins to softly hum, then begins to slowly sink further into the wall.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:54 am

Shard doesn't even flinch at the bolt.
"Looks like fun. What's the catch?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 am

Finally reaching the end of the exhibition, she would look slightly impressed, or at least as impressed as someone who only cares for how to defeat another weapon could be. Walking back and finding a corner by the entrance, starting to think to herself.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:12 am

The bolt still inching it's way into the wall, "The doctor told me that these bolts are very special."

"See how its eating into the wall, there?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:15 am

"And? If all they do is sink into crap, they are no different to any other bolt."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 am

"Notice the sound?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:19 am

"That humming? I thought that was just because YOU ALMOST SHOT ME"
Shard slammed his fist into the wall, just below the bolt.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:22 am

Shard begins to feel his hand slowly go numb, then his whole arm, causing it drop to his side.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:23 am

"aaggh, must have been leaning on it in my sleep"
Shard started hitting his arm trying to wake it up.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:25 am

Inigo gives a slight push to Shard, making his other arm to touch the wall. Causing the same numbness.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:28 am

Shard, now finally interested (and a little angry for not being warned), picked himself off of Shrapnel, his arms flapping slightly, due to his inability to move them
"Ok, what the hell?" he yelled.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:30 am

"The doctor did say that the bolts were special", giving a (probably obnoxious) smile to Shard.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:33 am

"Anything else you'd like to test on me now that I can't defend myself?"
Shard was now furious, his foot inching the part of his blade still on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:41 am

Inigo brings his hand (strapped with the device) to Shard's shoulder, and suddenly the numbness dissipates.

"Well, there are more bolt types, but I thought this one would be the most fun to show you."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 am

Having ran over due to the yelling, she eyes the pair as her hand goes over the hilt of her sword, "What's going on with all the noise!"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:48 am

As feeling spread through Shard's arms again, he starting to rub and stretch them
"Of course you would, you sleazy ass-hat. So, great, what's-his-face thinks this would be good for me, and I'm interested. I'm assuming it's not free and I don't have money, so I ask again. What. Is. The. Catch?"
As he finishes the question, he hears
"What's going on with all the noise!"
Shard looks over to where the voice came from
"The pesky fly again" he thinks
"You again? Didn't I already shoo you once? Make this twice, and next time I'm bringing the fly swatter!"
He picks up Shrapnel and puts it back into its holster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next