RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Episode 15: The Stray discussion

Go down 
+14
Skylight
Yuki-Chan
DatteSa
Drake Ferrox
Frankenstein Joe
Cheshire Schrodinger
Swordslinger
Metroidhunter
Dakir
Seiryuu24
Haboo90
CentralDogma
Navolas2
Wrecker
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 pm

Cheshire Schrodinger wrote:
Alright, so now that I got the fangasming out of my system, time for actual discussion. So this new character, the monkey tailed boy name Son Wuwong. Let us start with his name. Obviously it is a reference to Son Goku, otherwise known as the monkey king who wreaked havoc and destruction and was punished by the Buddha for this by being sealed within a mountain prison. He was freed from a mountain prison and followed by the side of the legendary sage and monk Sonzo Hoshi. Wukong is also another name for Son Goku if I recall.
I just realized I mixed up my mythology. Son Goku was THE monkey king who in legend performed magic and great feats. Some of his magic skills include the ability to turn any of the strands of hair on his tail into tiny monkey minions. Wukong was a monkey demon who wreaked havoc, blah blah blah, followed the monk that freed it.
Back to top Go down
DatteSa

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:04 pm

One thing... Monty probably read this a thread on this site and liked the idea of Kaitlin's ears behind her bow... you're welcome Mr. Oum
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 pm

DatteSa wrote:
One thing... Monty probably read this a thread on this site and liked the idea of Kaitlin's ears behind her bow... you're welcome Mr. Oum
Tell me, when did you think up Kait? Certainly not before the Black trailer, right?
Back to top Go down
DatteSa

DatteSa

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:08 pm

This site wasnt made before black trailer but in locker rooms Kaitlin had a bow and when she took it off her ears were revealed :O

EDIT: When i saw the red trailer i made a character. and kept it safe in my mind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 pm

KATY DID IT FIRST
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 pm

Penny not hyper enough to be Melissa
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:18 pm

Yuki-Chan wrote:
Well, Penny wasn't so much as hyper but, well, more of a weighted spring.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Who's Penny's VA, btw? I don't recall a Taylor in RT.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:20 pm

Yuki-Chan wrote:
No, Penny is just creepy
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:21 pm

Small quarry though. From what is seen so far, tails are indeed kanon, but observing Son Wukong closely shows he has what appears to be regular human ears (Then again he's part monkey so maybe those really were monkey ears) So it is still made to be seen whether Faunas possess both ears and tail or just one or the other per individual. Also, the rule in this site was that if you wanted a faunas tail that some stats must be lowered to balance but observing the movement and speed of Son, tails do not appear to be a handicap at all. In all consideration, the purpose of tails is to balance weight so if you think about it, faunas with tails probably possess good coordination and balance? Not quite sure.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Small quarry though. From what is seen so far, tails are indeed kanon, but observing Son Wukong closely shows he has what appears to be regular human ears (Then again he's part monkey so maybe those really were monkey ears) So it is still made to be seen whether Faunas possess both ears and tail or just one or the other per individual. Also, the rule in this site was that if you wanted a faunas tail that some stats must be lowered to balance but observing the movement and speed of Son, tails do not appear to be a handicap at all. In all consideration, the purpose of tails is to balance weight so if you think about it, faunas with tails probably possess good coordination and balance? Not quite sure.
Not trying to rain on your parade, but this is the episode discussion thread, you can put in a request for a rull change in the Suggestions section
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 pm

THERE IS TOO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT AND SO LITTLE TIME!

First of all... Im glad Blake FINALLY revealed herself. Though I wasn't expecting the white fang part of it.

Faunus with tails... I dont even know what to say about this.

More evidence Weiss is judgemental... (I still dont like her... #TeamBlake)

The new area/school opens up new places to RP in!

Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Did anyone catch the name of the other Kingdom/School?
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Dakir wrote:
Not trying to rain on your parade, but this is the episode discussion thread, you can put in a request for a rull change in the Suggestions section
Well the main reason for that comment was to point out the bit about whether or not faunas have both ears and tails or just one or the other. As far as I can tell, There's not really anywhere Blake could have hidden a cat's tail (unless it's one of those tiny stub ones) so that's another thing to consider about the RWBY world.
Back to top Go down
Ketchum

Ketchum

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Tsk. Tsk.

Dat character development
Back to top Go down
http://bladeoftheninjav2.forumotion.com/
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:36 pm

THE DUST SHOP KEEPER WAS PULLING UP THE BANNER AT THE BEGINNING
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:38 pm

Dakir wrote:
THE DUST SHOP KEEPER WAS PULLING UP THE BANNER AT THE BEGINNING
I SAW THAT TOO! AND SOME PEDESTRIANS WHO WEREN'T ALL BLACK CHARACTER MODELS.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:53 pm

The running animation definitely needs some work if they are gonna do chase scenes though.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:34 pm

Such a good episode. Definitely can't wait for next week.
Would also like to point out, my character had a tail before this episode, so I totally called it. Who needs ears when you have a tail!
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

Or you could have both.

Because eaaarssss.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:07 pm

Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Zwc

"Combat Skirt." Wat?
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Wrecker wrote:
Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Zwc

"Combat Skirt." Wat?
I laughed so hard when this happened
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Back to top Go down
spartan448

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Those of you who are on Reddit may have already seen this idea, but here is my theory:

The reason Blake doesn't have a visible tail is because she is only part-faunus, but identifies more with that heritage than her human heritage. Something probably happened to her as a child caused this emphasis on her faunus heritage. This same something may also be partially responsible for her joining the White Fang. This, coupled with the fact that White Fang probably has a pretty strong propaganda engine among other faunus, means that Blake probably joined due to whatever incident happened to her as a child, along with the illusion that White Fang was a righteous group that was "fighting the good fight".

So Blake joins WF. I don't think she was necessarily involved with a lot of high-profile things to be trusted with the train job, just in the group for a long time. This implicates three things: Number 1: That Blake was in essence a child soldier. Number 2: That the White Fang is not above using child soldiers. Number 3: Blake probably participated mostly in stuff that was non-violent. Pilfering some dust here, organizing protesters from behind the scenes there. I think she was probably involved with the group for quite a few years. At that point, the organization trusted her enough to really bring her into the fold, and give her a big assignment - the dust train robbery. What they probably didn't tell her was that the plan was to blow up the dust AND the crew. When Adam reveals to Blake that the dust AND the crew were both to be bombed (And by extension his complete comfort with the fact), Blake realized that White Fang was not an organization she should be in. In essence, she agrees with it's goals, but not it's methods. So, she cuts Adam off and escapes on her own.

Speculation time here: Adam got cut off behind the Dust car, and Blake cut the dust car off later, with herself on it. The dust, which was probably going to be used to make weapons, is instead distributed to faunus communities in the outlands that would need the dust for power or something, I don't know.
/end speculation

Regardless, I think Blake had a lot of friends in White Fang, some of whom probably don't know the full scope of the organization yet. Adam is an exception, but probably chosen for the mission because he and Blake were friends.

Sun is not White Fang. I think he is most likely another competitor in the tournament. His reasons for meeting with Blake could be one of three things: Either he wants to try to discern her physical/emotional weaknesses for the tournament, in order to exploit them. He could also be a youth who somehow found out about her background in White Fang, and wanted to ask her about it, as he is considering joining himself. If the former is the case, well that plotline is pretty obvious. If the latter is the case, however, I think what we'll say is that Blake will talk about her time in White Fang, but will tell him not to join. As I said, she may be sympathetic to the organization's cause, and to a few members, but probably has no respect for their actions.

As for what happens during the tournament, I think that whatever happens will involve both Roman Torchwick AND the White Fang. Ruby will probably fight Roman, and Blake will most likely have to deal with Adam.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Also, many people think that Penny is based off Pinocchio.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:01 pm

O hai, Zidane!

Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Dissidia_Zidane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 15: The Stray discussion   Episode 15: The Stray discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Episode 15: The Stray discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2