RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Empty
PostSubject: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:04 pm

They weren't huge cells. Long enough to lie down on the cold metal benches. Just wide enough to walk around a little. A toilet and sink in the corner. Every wall the same uniform grey, save the front's clear view across the hall and the little . No privacy. No particular comfort.

The Beacon Guard's holding center wasn't a very pleasant place.

It was in one of those cells that Melissa, Aphelion, and a still-unconscious Aoife were sealed, their wounds having been patched by the infirmary. Neither had weapons, or media players, or anything but the clothes on their backs, and the two conscious individuals clear instructions that attempting to break out would result in their immediate expulsion, and authorization of deadly force against them.

Now, it was time simply to wait...

Last edited by Vox on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 pm

Melissa sighed, setting herself down on the cold ground, wondering if this might not have been the best idea after all. Maybe she should have just walked away. Maybe. Then again, she had never been to a jail before! It seemed like fun!

Running up to the bars, she spent a few minutes making music with them, humming as she did so. It only took a few minutes for her to get bored and lose interest, however, and she sat back down on the floor, trying to think of something to do.

And then it occurred to her that she was not alone in the room, and so she crouched down next to the unconscious Aoife and began lightly poking her cheek, giggling as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:18 am

Being unresponsive to her poking, she just lies on the ground in a dishevelled state. Skin much colder than usual and as pale as the moon, the majority of what can be seen of her skin in bandages. In the rampancy what is her brain however, the only thing running through her head would be that she is scared, and not for the reason of possible expelling.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:25 am

Despite the initial knockout from Ascending, Aphelion's mind was already in usual thinking capacity. While he couldn't move his arms or legs yet, he didn't have to, as he prayed in his head for the Gods to watch over them. He faced one of the walls instead of the other two prisoners.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:40 am

It was a while before someone came in, bootfalls landing one after another. Slowly, a Beacon Guard Lieutenant came into view from the cell, banging on the barred plastic. "Everyone waking up," he asked, banging a few more times, "cooling off after that skirmish?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Hearing someone banging on something nearby, Melissa stopped poking Aoife's cheek, and instead moved back over to the door and began banging as well, humming a tune that didn't match the banging at all as she did, attempting to join in with whoever had done the banging. Apparently there're some music lovers in the area!
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 am

"Just a few electrical shocks, nothing that couldn't have been avoided." he said, momentarily stopping his prayers but making no efforts to turn to the guard. He returned to praying, but this time he started muttering the words quietly as well, "Deliver us from dangers and save us from despairs..."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:15 am

Deciding that she should at least try to get up, it would be a struggle and erratic, more so than usual for someone who would have those injuries, knees buckling, she would cling to a nearby bar to keep herself upright, having not heard his questioning or Aphelions reply, even Melissa's previous poking seemed distant and as if it had not really happened.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:53 pm

"Well, I have good news, bad news, and worse news." The guard smiled, looking at Aoife. "Good news, nobody is being immediately expelled."

He glared at Melissa a moment before looking at Aoife.

"The bad news is, Aoife Knight? You're officially under arrest, and there will be a disciplinary hearing to decide whether you remain a student."

Then he looked at Aphelion.

"The worse news? Also for Aoife. Check this out."

There was nothing visible, but Aoife would be able to feel it. The nerve staple activated.

"We had a talk with the big scary cyborg. He let us know how to activate that thing he put in your neck." Leaning in and tapping on the plastic, the guard grinned. "Just so you know, you won't be attacking us any more..." He didn't turn off the signal.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Melissa simply sighed, dropping back down with her back to a wall, looking at the guard with a look of sheer disinterest, "Scared of a girl covered in deadly wounds and so tired she can barely move? Not very good guards, are you?" She said, bored as she tapped her fingers on the ground, waiting for something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:06 pm

Hitting the ground with a thump, she wouldn’t react visibly other than coughing slightly. Fearful not that the guard now have control of her very movements, but on the fact she was the only one in her head, Knight would decide that the immediate situation is much more pressing than the lack of Aoife and Phoenix being there. Deciding to bring up everything she had ever read on the law system, she would keep as much of a poker face as possible, “With all due respect. First he is not a big scary Cyborg. His name is Leo. Secondly, on what charges am I to be arrested on? I am allowed to know this as part of an arraignment which would require a judge and allows me to state my plea for such things. Finally, If I am to be arrested? Why have I not seen Miss Fayza around? For considering she has performed the same as me if not more, then would it not be bias to only arrest one of the two?”
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Upon hearing the thump, Aphelion closed his eyes and tried to turn to look at Aoife. Sadly, his muscles still didn't let him move and he was in no position to Ascend again. Yet what scared him the most was not his position, not even knowing that Aoife was paralysed as well - it was the fact that she didn't explode with rage yet, and instead started talking.

Oh gods... Did Aoife get possessed by the succubus? No... She wouldn't be accusing her then. Maybe she has amnesia? But then how would she remember what happened...

He started thinking quickly, withdrawing his mind from the situation, allowing his calmer self to keep tabs on what was happening beyond thought.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:01 pm

"Unless we, like, permanently cripple her, she's not going to be covered with wounds forever. The worse news is just the fact that we all have her off switch... which she seems to be taking well..."

He tilted his head at Aoife.

"Also, while his name may be Leo, he is, in fact, a big scary cyborg. He is from an objective viewpoint, quite large compared to most people, that he is a cyborg is a matter of medical fact and common knowledge by now, and a lot of people are afraid of him. Thus, big scary cyborg." The guard crossed his arms, and tapped his chin. "And the charges? That's why I'm here. You're under arrest for," he took a deep breath, "resisting arrest, creating a public disturbance, assaulting a Beacon Guard officer, destruction of property, attempted murder but a good lawyer MIGHT be able to argue that down to reckless endangerment with a plea deal, assault... need I go on? Multiple counts of most of those, I should add..."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Melissa, getting bored, jumped back up walking back up to the door and tapping out some music as quiet as she could, although she was itching to let loose, "Ooh! My turn! My turn! What do you have on me?" She asked excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:16 am

Still incredibly calm, it would nearly be broken as she barely stops herself from laughing at the charges. Coughing to cover it, she keeps looking at the ground, "Assaulting a Beacon Guard? Attempted Murder? Seems like there are some False Charges laid against me. If Assault is characterised by the threatening or attempt to cause physical harm, then I have performed neither of these. I hold no intent to harm a Beacon Guard, and the only time I touched a Guard was when they decided to electrocute me. Same for Attempted murder, I held no intent to KILL anyone."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:07 am

"What's the purpose of the off switch if you could've zapped her at any moment to get the same result as after the fight?" Aphelion asked coldly, not even trying to turn towards anyone.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:03 am

"Off switch is new," the Guard said to Aphelion, shrugging. Looked at Aoife, he smiled. "And, well, you can try to prove a lack of Mens Rea in court or at your disciplinary hearing, but we don't deal with that? You know what we deal with? Resisting arrest by sending sharp shit at officers that could kill them, so while in court you can try to argue that down with a plea, we don't really care. You're here either way."

He pulled up his file on Melissa, and looked at her for a moment.

"Melissa Stern? ... Apparently we could technically charge you with public indecency since you wandered off with that Fayza girl, but since we can't prove that beyond circumstantial evidence and... honestly we're not concerned about the minor misbehavior and little breaches of order, when the incidents that formed us were dangerous to life and limb, or large scale." He looked at Aphelion again. "Like trying to drug classmates at a ball. Isn't that right, Mister Messier?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:46 am

"Well that's fun! Wake me up if you need me!" Melissa said, lying on the ground against the wall, closing her eyes in relaxation. She was just here to support Aoife, after all, so she didn't really have much to do besides be here! Her arguments and attempts at convincing people usually ended in the other party being completely confused, so she might as well leave her friend to fend for herself, and simply offer morale support.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:59 am

Now she was getting irritated, masterfully masking it however, she would decide to stress parts for effect, "So it is only circumstantial when you WANT it to be? With all due respect, if the evidence is circumstantial for Fayza, then why not the same for mine? It was in the exact same place, would it not come down to the word of the guards verse my own and the witnesses? And I am sure you would of heard of the DEFENCE OF OTHERS as I make no mistake. Melissa WAS attacked by her. And if you were to use evidence from the scene, what would you find? A crater I made RECKLESSLY without intent to harm ANYONE. Though that said, you have proven the BRUTALITY and CORRUPTION of the so called Guard. Who are they guarding? THEMSELVES and no one else, from what I have heard and seen, The so called Guard is INCOMPETENT, NEGLIGENT and INEFFICIENT." Finishing to speak, her tone and expression completely calm still, she would add, "Also. It is YOUR job to prove a mens rae, not for me."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:37 pm

"Aww geez, you're making me blush. Well, at least you guys stopped me from doing it while I was drunk. I guess the chaos would've been pretty damn large scale." he said, finally regaining enough strength to turn and look at the guard with cold eyes, "At least it wasn't cyanide, am I right?"

He then listened to Aoife's speech on the guard duties.

I guess this is a pretty tough situation... I hope she can get herself out of it and stop hurting people other than me.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 pm

"Evidence is circumstantial for Melissa and Fayza because we didn't see and RECORD them being indecent in public. You sending shards of rock at people instead of standing down? Yeah, we've got that filmed. We've got statements from Khrysos about your resistance there. We've got records of your destructive rampages all over Beacon before we were formed. It's not OUR job to prove Mens Rea. It's the prosecutor's job, and he's not going to have any trouble there." The guard crossed his arms. "And that's not even an issue for your disciplinary hearing. I suggest you give some nice long thought when you're alone in this cell to what you're going to do after you get kicked out of this academy, because it's going to take a goddamn miracle to keep you enrolled after all this."

He opened the door, keeping Aoife's chip activated.

"Aphelion and Melissa? You're free to go. Return to your dorms."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm

On her position on the ground, Melissa yawned. Free to go that easily? Then what was even the point of arresting her? Well. She had a point, but what was the point for them?

"Is it okay if I stay here to keep Aoife company?" She asked.

"Oh, also, sorry about snapping at you guys before... I'm not sure what came over me!" She added, embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:13 pm

"Oh so I am not allowed to have visitors? Or you know, a Lawyer? Well I have my decision. Using my RIGHT for free legal Advice. I want you to get me the apparently big scary Cyborg known as Leo. Or does the corruption know no rights in this mockery of a guard force? You also evaded two questions. First one was, when is this hearing. And the second is, where is Fayza, or would it be more apt to say she bribed you to keep her out of this?" Not her gaze, she would barely restrain the urge to smile, barely.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:22 pm

"I also wouldn't mind staying. Unless you carry me out, I kind of still can't move." Aphelion said calmly, trying to bring his arm up but failing once again. He sighed and listened to Aoife again.

She's not enraged AND she's asking for Leo? What the hell is going on...
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:48 pm

"Oh FOR @&#$'s SAKE, you're allowed visitors, you're allowed a phone call, and you're not going to be chained to the wall and beaten with stun prods or violated with them or something!"

Saying that, he seemed to wince a little bit, casting a glance in the rough direction of the special detention blocks.

"I don't know when your hearing is, because it hasn't been scheduled yet, and I don't know where Fayza is, because no charges have been filed on her. We could charge her with assault, but as we have confirmation you attacked first, she's the one who alerted us to the incident, and you TRIED TO KILL PEOPLE, she was let off with a warning and consignment to her dorm."

He sighed.

"... But fine. I'll get the big scary cyborg..."

The guard stepped inside, and picked up Aphelion, helping him over his shoulders in a fireman carry.

"No, you two can't stay in here, this is a restricted area for people in holding, and guards. You two are neither. If you want to see your friend, make an appointment with the receptionist."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]   Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caging the Phoenix (Candy Van p2) [CLOSED] [MATURE]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next