RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laris_Cole

[CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:54 am

Lucius could finally felt the wound he got from the Beowolf earlier, though it wasn't bleeding it was still really painful. Bearing with it he stood up then he heard Mike telling him.

"We need to find the others. Come on, I'll race you there!" and started running off somewhere then yelling, "MARKUS! TERRY! WHERE ARE YOU?"

He immediately stood up and tried to follow him while enduring the pain from the wound.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 pm

"HEEEEEY! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS??!!!" Mike yelled as he ran through the undergrowth.
"Hey Lucius! Catch up!" He called back to his injured teammate. Then he saw that Lucius was obviously in pain.
"Are you alright? Did the Beowolves get you?" He asked, trying to see where it was he was injured.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 pm

At around the area of his stomach, his clothes were torn and three large red marks were there. It was from the attack of the Beowolf earlier. Though enduring the pain, he decided to try and pick up the pace.

"Are you alright? Did the Beowolves get you?"

"I'm fine, its literally just a scratch. What happened earlier... was a sign that I still have much to learn. Anyway, go on ahead. Actually, can you carry one of the shields for me? I have some of my aura inside these shields so I'll know where you are in case I lose sight of you."
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Markus and Nathaniel clambered through he dense trees and eventually heard "Are you alright? Did the Beowolves get you?"

Markus' ears pricked up and he turned to Nathaniel, "Hey! D'ya hear that?"

By now the sun was setting and the golden glow illuminated the petal piles to create a pink glow to the forest. Through this lightish-red shine, the two pairs spotted each other and swapped stories. After the initial squabble Markus pointed out "We're still lost. I think if we head south-east or so we should get close to the cliffs, if my memory serves me correctly. However, the Grimm are more dangerous at night. What do you guys think, stay here overnight and move in the morning, or go now and face the Grimm?"

Last edited by Switchblade on Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 6:42 am

Mike looked at Lucius, not wanting to leave him on his own. Who knows what could attack his injured comrade?
"I think it would be better if we all stick together!" He said chirpily. He took his shield though.
"I'll take this, it will be easier for you if I carry it." He said. "Come on, we need to find Markus and Nathaniel." He said, setting off, although at a slower pace this time. Then he turned and saw them.
"Markus! Terry!" Mike called to the others. "Fancy seeing you here!" He said, pleased with the fact that he had managed to find his two best friends.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:23 pm

As everyone had exchanged stories, Markus asked a question;

"What do you guys think, stay here overnight and move in the morning, or go now and face the Grimm?"

"I think we should stay for the night, it's a lot safer to stay on one place and defend while its dark. And you guys can sleep in peace, I can set up a defensive barrier if ever things go wrong", he said with confidence.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:51 pm

"I guess Nathaniel is right, we are in trouble, and the guards will come looking for us. We either face the consequences now, or prolong the punishment and probably make it worse. So, off we go, then."

Markus turned around and started walking. He knew that if he wanted to be a good leader, he should probably give some sort of motivational speech, like they do in films. Patriotic music, a montage or two, and a plan of action that is completely illogical but will succeed because the plot demands it. However, this is real life, there will be no music nor montages, and any plan of his would most likely fail. And besides, there is no plot to life; or if there is, there are no main characters, no protagonists.

No happy endings.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Mike watched as Markus turned and began to walk away.
"But what happens when we get back? And do you even know the way back?" He asked doubtfully. He swung up into the trees to swing just above Markus, as per his normal method of travel.
"What if we just wait here for everything to die down? Or we could live here forever! That would be so cool! Four best friends, team Mockingbird, surviving together in the wilderness, occasionally saving random people who happen to be attacked by Grimm!" He prattled on, stuck in his own world, still wondering in his mind how they were supposed to know their way back.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

Though taking notice of Mike's suggestion but resisting to give a comment about it, Lucius simply stood up and sighed. He had to agree that prolonging the punishment any further would indeed make things rather worse for them. So he put his shields down and went to a nearby bush and had gathered some dried branches.

"We at least need some source of light... anyone have some Burn Dust?"
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:25 pm

Markus heard this dust request and turned round.
"Burn Dust? For a torch? Don't bother.
Markus lifted his gauntlet, fiddled around with it for a moment, then fetched a handful of crystals from his pocket. He sorted through them, producing a yellow gem with a red tint. Inserting this into his gauntlet triggered a whirring sound, then a bright light shone through the ravines in the metal, this dust replacing the usual flow of Markus' blood. The gauntlet normally acted as a filter, removing the Grimm-poisoned blood from reaching the rest of his body, however it can still do this while being used as a lamp.

Markus lifted his gauntlet to eye level, and started walking once more. I should tell them about my hand... In a team, we should share no secrets. Maybe when we get back to Beacon, I'll tell them and that might trigger Nathaniel to be less secretive. It's worth a shot, I guess. If we don't get kicked out of Beacon, that is.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Mike "ooh"ed as markus' gauntlet began to glow. Then Nathaniel told him to turn it off. To be quite fair he couldn't care less whether they had light or not. It wasn't like having light was going to help a lot. Nevertheless, he felt the need to question.
"Why? You think it will attract Grimm? Pfft. They'll be no problem. They'll stand no chance against TEAM MOCKINGBIRD!" He shouted, striking a pose at his last two words.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Lucius pondered for a bit as he carefully put down the branches he had been carrying and then re-equipped his shields. They were in the middle of the forest filled with Grimm. It was getting dark and a source of light is much needed. But as Nathaniel had pointed out, the light source would indeed attract the Creatures of Grimm. But traversing the forest through night vision alone could also be very dangerous since they won't be able to see the places they could be stepping on and may cause some noise which could also attract the Grimm...

"But walking through the darkness is also dangerous if we were to encounter the Grimm or a Grimm had spotted us... especially two very dangerous Creatures of Grimm that are very active at night... A Deathstalker... and a King Taijutsu"

then he had an idea...

"What if we make this source of light look like something that the other Grimm would ward themselves from... Like a Deathstalker's tail?"

Though he noticed how ridiculous his suggestion was so he decided to add a following statement.

"Or... Does anyone have some equipment that can be used as a temporary flare gun? That way, not only do we have a source but we could also create a distraction for the Grimm"

Last edited by Laris_Cole on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 2:45 am

Markus turned to Nathaniel and deactivated his Gauntlet. He could see fine in the dark forest, a side-effect of his Grimm blood, but he wasn't sure abut his companions. "I can sorta see well in the dark once my eyes adjust, but what about you guys?"
Suddenly, Markus had a brainstorm and began muttering calculations and equations to himself. Bending dow to pick up a twig, he cleared away some petals to write down something on the ground. "Okay, I have an idea, but it's a long shot. If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas."

Markus opened a panel on his gauntlet and spent a couple of minutes rewiring the systems, and then lifted it up to the sky, and fired an energy pulse. This one was different. Brighter. It flew up high in the sky and illuminated the forest, like a mini-sun. Markus was just about to fist-pump and celebrate his success, when the light frizzled out and left the forest pitch black.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:25 pm

As the light went up the sky and illuminated the dark forest, Lucius could only smile but it turned into a frown when the light had quickly died. Though a thought raised to his head. The Grimm would have definitely noticed where the light came from...

"This can't be good..."
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Mike gasped as Markus fired his flare into the sky above him. When it fizzled out, he said,
"Awwwww! Fireworks!", his eyes wide. As he was focused on the skies, waiting for more "fireworks", he didn't notice Nathaniel leaving them. When he did, he decided he should follow. He beckoned for the others to follow, and then he climbed up to the treetops, and followed the quiet boy from above. Does he even know where he's going? He thought to himself as he climbed, hidden among the leaves and the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:13 pm

"Okay, well for lack of other things, we will just have to make do with very low-light conditions. We'll go in a line, hang on," Markus said, walking over to an ancient-looking tree, and pulled off a thick, long vine. Tying one end around his waist, he passed the vine to Nathaniel.
"Hold this. I'll lead up, followed by Nathaniel, Lucius then Mike. I can see quite well in the dark, so just follow my lead and keep hold of the vine."

Markus then proceeded to wander off back into the thick, grimm-infested, thick-treed night.

((OOC: Sorry for crappy post, I just didn't have much time. I'll fix it/ make it better tomorrow, but concept stays the same.))
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Lucius simply followed what Markus had suggested. Though everything was set up already, he still couldn't calm down since they are in a very dangerous place. As usual, he readied himself for what could happen.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 am

Mike hung down from a tree branch above as Markus produced the long vine. "Nope." He said, simply. His whole battle style was based on agility and climbing, and that vine was only going to get in the way. Nothing more. He climbed back up into the trees, waiting for everyone to start moving, and watching out for the eyes of any Grimm that might be watching nearby.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:11 pm

Markus was irritated that Mike had disregarded his plan so quickly. Sure, there's room for improvement but it's the best I can do at the time! And, I'm team leader! I guess I'm becoming a bit like a control freak...
"Fine! But keep close, don't wander too far!" Markus softly called up to him, unaware that he had already gone ahead. Turning back to the remaining team, he said, Okay, step carefully and - I'm sure I don't need to remind you - don't talk above a whisper! The Grimm can hear better than humans. Okay, let's go. With Lucius and Nathaniel trailing behind him, Markus set off into the forest.

The sun was rising by the time team Mockingbird emerged from the forest, hungry, thirsty, clothes torn and dirty. Mike's arms gave out about 20 minutes before, so they all had to wait for his legs to regain feeling before continuing on their journey. Out of all of them, Nathaniel seemed the least phased, his face still masked by his blank stare.

"Ugh... So, back to Beacon then?"
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:30 pm

Mike walked out of the forest, rubbing his arm. It had randomly begun playing up, suddenly spikes of pain had begun running up and down his arm. He must have injured it somehow when he leaped down and punched the Beowulf from the tree. "Well, this has been a great trip!" He said cheerily, now his arm wasn't hurting so much.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Lucius was tired from the journey. He wasn't even capable of setting up a defensive aura anymore and he had already hid his two shields under his cloak since equipping them was more tiring than just carrying them around. All he wants now is to get back to the dorms and just face whatever punishment is waiting for them.

"Yeah. This has been quiet... eventful.", he said as he gave out sign of relief that they were already out of the forest.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:30 pm

The four stumbled their way to Vale, where they got a cab back to beacon using the money from Markus' dust gems. As they all stood outside the entrance to Beacon, Markus sighed,

Well, this should be interesting...

And pushed open the gate.

((Transition to soon-to be created thread in Beacon, I'll edit when I have a talk with whoever is head of the Guards The guards will come after us another day, but for now, kick back and relax.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall   [CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Lost in the Forest of Forever Fall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2