RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfram Huffles

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:32 am

Vale seemed nice. In truth, he hadn't had a lot of time to see it when he had arrived, having headed straight to Beacon instead. But now, now he had a chance to explore, and it would be criminal not to take it.

Although in truth, Wolfy supposed he wouldn't know the difference between a nice city and a bad one. He'd barely ever been outside the Swine Gang's not-terribly-large area of influence anyway, let alone to another city halfway across the world. As he wandered off the airship into a rather pleasant looking district, his guns hidden under his coat for the moment and a backpack (black, decorated with tiny red squirrels, with a charm shaped like a frog hanging from it) slung loosely onto his shoulder, he took a moment to breathe in the air of Vale.

Smelt fresher than where he came from. A lot less mud, muck, ash and pollution.

The sun was already setting, he noted, but that was fine. He preferred the night, everything looked so much more - lit-up than during the day. And where better to go than the docks? If there was one thing Wolfy did know, it's that docks were rife with crime and violence, and crime and violence was fun and interesting.

Whistling a tune (Petyr i Volk, he thought it was called, but he couldn't remember who wrote it) he wandered down towards the Vale docks, rubbing his chin with one bright coloured, sheep-patterned knitted glove.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:33 am

Kai wandered the streets of Vale, Wow, I think I'm lost. She thought, I don't have any idea where I am, although that's not really a bad thing. I can see the school from anywhere in the city, so I should be fine.

She walked a bit more, gazing at the city in amazement, This is so much different from the fortress. She thought. After a while, she came upon the docks. Wow, this is huge, a lot bigger than the port we've got at Kyron. She leaned against the railing, looking out over the water. Her wolf-like ears twitched in the sea breeze, I love the water. She thought idly. She removed the large blade from her back and leaned it against the railing, feeling much lighter having taken it off. This is a pretty nice place.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:46 am

How do you whistle the sound of a bassoon? Wolfy didn't know. It seemed like a lost cause, so he guessed the bassoon sections would just have to sound like every other section. These things happen.

He saw the sword before he saw the girl (there wasn't much way he could miss it), and with a hop, leapt up onto the railing, crouching there and setting a hand on the hilt of the sword to give it a spin. "Nice sword. Shiny. Bit too big for me," it did occur to him, on some level, that most people were protective of their weapons - he was very protective of his, but ah, what'd it matter? Everyone here was friends. Acquaintances. Strangers. Friendly strangers, though, he was sure.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:50 am

Kai jumped a little as the boy appeared next to her. She saw his ears first, and where his hand settled second. She gave him a cold smile, "You have about three seconds to take your hand off my weapon before you go for a swim." She replied, The nerve of some people...is this what they're all like?
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:01 am

Wolfy considered this, giving her a slow grin. A little fight could be fun, he supposed, but there was practically no way he could fight on the docks without wrecking everything nearby. One of the perils of his weapons.

He grinned, tapped the sword, and after about two and a half seconds let go slowly. Still grinning widely and cheesily, he offered a hand, ears twitching forward slightly. "Wolfy Huffles."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:06 am

Her smile warmed a little, "Kai Brandt." She said, shaking the boy's hand. A troublemaker? Quite possibly. She looked back out over the water, "So what're you doing here?" She asked, "Shouldn't you be getting ready for bed time?" She said with a small laugh in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:13 am

"You could always join me there," Wolfy chirped, because honestly, she had walked into that one, and it would have been a crime of the non-fun kind to have not said it. He cocked his head, flicking an ear. "I'm just exploring. New arrival, taking in the sights. Where I come from is a lot dirtier than here. And there's a lot more straw lying around."

So much straw on Swine Street. Wolfy still didn't know why.

"How do you whisper the sound of a bassoon?"
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 am

Kai's face reddened a little at the comment, Vulgar too... "Same here, actually, not quite familiar with the city yet." She said, A...what? "What did you say? A ba...bassoon?" She struggled with the unfamiliar word, "What's that?"
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:40 am

"It's what a bassoonist plays," Wolfy said, sagely, as if this explained everything. "When he's bassooning. It sounds like grouchy grandparents."

That should, he believed, just about cover everything.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:06 pm

Kai didn't know how to respond to that, so she simply nodded, Yeah, this one is...strange. She looked over the sea for a moment longer in silence before picking up her weapon and returning it to the carrying device she had made on her back. It settled in with a click, the familiar weight returning to her feet. She glanced over and saw the two revolvers hanging at his side, Hmm, those come from pretty far from here. If I recall correctly, from some organized crime syndicate. She tried to recall the name from her many lessons on powerful modern organizations, but it escaped her. She looked at the boy with a bit more wariness as she said, "Nice guns, where'd you get them?" Or steal them...
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:26 pm

"I made them!" Wolfy said cheerfully. "Well, I modified them. They were pretty boring beforehand." The Swine Gang's standard issue Dust revolvers were plentifully flashy, but they were pretty simple: Point, incinerate a person, and after a dozen people recharge them. That was just dull.

He nodded at the sword. "Where did you get that sword? It's large. Like a whale," he pronounced 'whale' with an air of deep, abiding solemnity. They were majestic creatures. "A whale made of steel. Which wouldn't float very well."

Beat.

"Maybe if I had a sore throat, that would make my whistling more basoonoid ..."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:37 pm

"This," She said, gripping the handle of her blade, "Was the weapon of one of the Kyronic Order's great Headmasters. It was handed down to me, so here it is." She brought her other hand to fiddle with the pendant on around her neck that showed the symbol of the Order. She released the grip on her weapon, dropping her hand back down to her side, "You aren't here to attend Beacon...are you?" She asked, If so, it might be an interesting year.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm

Halfway through her explanation, Wolfy flowed into a one-handed handstand, gripping the railing. He appeared to still be listening: It was more that he was starting to get a cramp from crouching on it, and this was more fun than just standing up.

"The Kyronic Order? And you're a Faunus? Well, I suppose it isn't unheard of," Wolfy grinned. "I'm not really one to criticise the company anybody keeps."

He paused, then flipped onto his feet. "I am. New Beacon student right here. Why, are you a student there?"
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Great. She thought, "Yeah, I'm going there starting this year, but as a third year." She said, "Do you...um...want to go right side up?" He's so weird, I suppose I haven't spent much time with other faunus though. Maybe I'm just out of touch with faunus. She thought.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Wolfy laughed. "Great. I look forward to seeing you in classes."

He shifted into an easy standing position on the ground next to the railing, loosening his shoulders slightly. "Do you want to get some coffee? Or find a training ground and spar? Or get some coffee and then find a training ground and spar with the coffee? Sky's the limit."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Not sure if he's trying to be nice or trying to fight me... "Sure, whatever you want to do. I've got plenty of time to kill." She said with a smile, I'd love some coffee, and I haven't had a real spar in a while. Although one has to wonder if this goofball can really fight. She looked around, "Do you have any idea where we can do either? I'm pretty much lost." She said with a smile touching the edge of her lips.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:34 pm

"Er," Wolfy cracked a small grin, looking around. "Coffee, I don't know, but I did see some training grounds on the way here. High-tech and everything. If we're lucky, we might see a coffee place on the way there."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Kai nodded, Alright, let's go then." She began walking next to the boy as he led her towards the training grounds. "So, you know where I come from, what about you? What's your story?" He must be bipolar or something. She thought, One minute he's upside down on a railing, the next he's asking me out for coffee.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:00 pm

Wolfy offered her his arm as they walked. That was what people were meant to do, right? He was sure he'd seen that in a film or something.

"My story is that I'm adorable and good at shooting stuff," Wolfy chirped. "I'm from Lateridoma, way up North. Being adorable and pretty is in high demand there. Such high demand."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Stuck up too...Although he isn't that bad looking. She thought as she looked sidelong at him. She saw him offer his arm to her, I guess it can't hurt. She thought as she took the offered limb. "Right...That's the place with that street gang. We had some issues with them at the Order, but we never actually did anything about them. Bunch of scum, if you ask me." She said.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:07 pm

"The Swine Gang, led by the three Swine Brothers," Wolfy said, nodding. "One of the biggest and meanest employers in the area. The Swine Brothers ain't nice people by any stretch of the imagination, but they put roofs over childrens' heads and they stop the Faunus district from entering all out gang warfare."

Pause. Wryly: "Not sure I could say the same about the Order."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Kai looked up at the larger boy, "Justify it however you want, a gang's a gang. They rely on crime and disorder to exploit people weaker than them." She said, "The Order was created by the four kingdoms to maintain the balance of power and maintain order, which is completely different from a street gang running a city through fear." Kai explained, "To put it frankly, you can't compare the two."
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:33 pm

"I didn't say I was a fan," Wolfy said lightly, shrugging one shoulder. "I've seen the kinds of things the Swine Brothers do. And their shoddy standards of architectural work. But if it weren't them, someone would just take their place. There's no shortage of smaller gangs who'd like to fight over that slice of the pie: The Seven Goats Gang, the Blind Mice and the Hilton Lads would all start scrapping over it."

He lifted his chin, nodding at a coffee shop nearby, being run by a small woman with grey hair. "They smell like they make good coffee."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Kai shrugged, "Sure." She said, deciding to drop the subject. "It's been a while since I've had a decent cup of coffee." And I'm interested to find out more about this guy's past. He might have some useful information.
Back to top Go down
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Wolfy nodded quickly, ducking his head as they entered the coffee shop. He scanned the menu, then with a wide grin: "Iiiiii will have a caramel vanilla chocolate latte with a shot of espresso, whipped cream, chocolate chips and a plain muffin."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next