RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Impression [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept

First Impression [open] Empty
PostSubject: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Monday, Week Three

Incredible...

While it wasn't like Piers had grown up without any access to technology or the city, he couldn't help but be a little amazed by the sights. There wasn't much in the way of things to see in the agricultural district, let alone time to see them. Most shops were family owned and carried just the necessities for work and home, cafes and bars catered to the entire town, and dust shops generally only stocked lower quality products as most people didn't require anything better for their day to day tasks. But here in the city there were shops of all kinds, restaurants and bistros on every corner, and their dust shops...

Having walked into rather large shop called Dust in the Wind, Piers was busy taking a look around at all the different kinds of crystals they had for sale. It was tempting to get some, the kinds of things he could do with high quality dust would be pretty impressive. But he knew better than to go crazy, his weapon was designed to use the lower quality stuff and he didn't exactly have a huge budget for this. Still though, it was tempting...

"I'm going to have to save up to try some of this."

Last edited by Spirit Adept on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Roy had finally bought a pair of casual shoes, though he was carrying his journeyman's boots in a backpack with his folded up spear. They were boots again, but this time hiking boots instead of armored boots with jump jets in them. Roy vaugely remembered the city from his earliest days, before his biological mother divorced his father. After that they had hopped from barbarian settlement to barbarian settlement. Now with the Blitzchach disbanded, however, his father was a big city doctor again. So he had money to buy things now that he lived in the city.

He walked into Dust in the Wind to buy some higher-quality dust for his boots. They could use any quality, but higher quality would fuel them for longer. More jumps, even though they were very dust efficient. He liked the higher quality because he could replace it less often. That way he could buy more books. Or food. He generally didn't like to be frivolous unless it came to books, though. He liked books, especially historical texts.

He walked into the store, wearing brown hiking boots, his brown jacket, blue jeans, and a black shirt. Somehow, all his outfits tended to look the same. It was the product of living in a village that didn't value appearance so much as functionality, he supposed. His hair was tied back neatly, and out of his face. He scratched the back of his neck absently as he noticed Piers in the shop. He called out to his new friend as he walked in.

"Hey, Piers. How's it going?"

He gave a friendly smile, and waved.

"I'm picking up some Dust for my rocket boots, what're you up to?"
Back to top Go down
Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Piers looked up as he heard his name spoken by a familiar voice. It was...that guy that he met after arriving at Beacon. Ray...Rick...it started with an R...that was for sure. The day had been a whirlwind of new faces, it was hard to keep track of everything. Nevertheless, Piers put on a cheery smile and greeted the man.

"Oh! It's good to see you again. I'm just here taking a look at all the Dust and killing time in the city. I haven't had a whole lot of chances to spend time in a big place like this so I thought I'd give it a shot."

It took a second for Piers to process it, but when he did he cocked his head to the side in curiosity. "Wait...what about rocket boots now?"
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm

"Look, I have no idea how this dust stuff works. I just want to be able shoot magic out of my rocket launcher." Coran said to the lady in the store. After hearing about how awesome dust was, he wanted to use it to boost his axe's firepower. "So, where are your dust rockets?" However the barbarian was misinformed on how dust actually worked, he thought he could buy some dust rockets or something and it would work just like that. "I'm sorry sir but we simply don't have uh...dust rockets." The woman explained to him. "This store is for dust and crystals, however if you'd like you could buy the dust and modify your own rockets with them to achieve the desired result." To Coran that all sounded very complicated and expensive, he could do it if he put enough effort and spent a lot of money on the dust but he decided to see if he can find any actual dust rockets.

"I'll think about it." he told the lady who nodded and turned her attention toward other customers. Sighing Coran started to make his way to the door, glancing at a few types of dust and imagining how cool it would be if he actually managed to get the stuff to work with his axe. The initiation was soon upon them and Coran wanted to optimize his weapon before that, and from what he'd heard dust would be the best way to do so. However it would seem that he simply couldn't find what he was looking for, and that Khan's current state would have to do for now.

On his way out Coran noticed Roy and that made him stop dead in his tracks. He hadn't seen him since the attack on the village and even though they didn't really know each other very well it was still a pleasant surprise when he saw him. "Twig!" Coran called Roy by the nickname the kids from the village gave him when they were little, and greeted him the same way most people greeted each other from Blitzchach; with a bear hug. "How've you been? You doing a supply run for the tribe or something?" Coran asked him after he let him go, he had no idea that Roy was enrolled in Beacon as well; in fact the possibility of that never actually crossed his mind when he saw him there.

Back to top Go down
Roy Atenwood

Roy Atenwood

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Roy was about to explain the principal behind his dust powered rocket boots, when something shocked him.

Twig.

He hadn't heard that nickname since his "Betrothed" had dumped a rotten bucket of potatoes on him. That arranged engagement hadn't lasted longer than a week, certainly not to the marriage, and goddamn was he happy about that. Aside from the fact that she was, you know, dead from the attack on the village. He mourned her death as he mourned all loss of life, but he was neither accepted by the village, nor did he consider it home. Ever.

Then he was crushed in a bear hug by Coran. Who asked if he was on a supply run! The nerve this guy had, assuming Roy was weak and helpless as he had always been. Okay, that was sarcasm, but Coran would be surprised now. Roy had become quite strong. Roy did return the hug, however. Coran was one of the few people who at least
TOLERATED Roy.

When Coran let him go, he laughed.

"No, actually. I'm attending Beacon. I'm going to be a Hunter, too."
Back to top Go down
Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Piers paused and observed the new person, who apparently knew his acquaintance. Just based off the conversation, it didn't look he was attending Beacon. Simply a chance encounter, it made Piers wonder just how many people he knew. Piers also noted that 'Twig' probably was just a nickname, it didn't seem like the name he learned earlier.

Ultimately Piers remained silent, not wanting to interrupt the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Ghazman

Ghazman

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:08 pm

"What?" Was all that Coran could think of when Roy told him that was attending Beacon. It was only then that Coran notice Roy really outgrew his nickname, the sickly city boy was long gone. "Looks like father's stories really rubbed off on you huh?" Coran's father had taught Roy all about the legendary hunters from the village, legends that Coran wanted to live up to. He was still unsure if Roy was suited for life as a hunter, Coran was trained for it all his life it's all he knew. Still, it was not Coran's place to tell Roy what he can or can't do, he made the join Beacon and Coran respected that. "Always thought you'd be a doctor like your dad, then you could patch me up for free. Now where am I supposed to get that kinda deal?" Coran said punching Roy's shoulder jokingly.

Noticing that there was another person there and that he had interrupted his conversation with Roy, Coran turned to face Piers. "Sorry for the interruption. Coran Demer." He introduced himself, tapping his chest with his right fist. "Roy and I go way back."
Back to top Go down
Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Roy!

Piers mentally sighed out of relief finally remembering the name. Thank goodness Coran brought it up, this conversation might have been awkward had he not. With a friendly smile Piers turned to Coran and nodded to him in acknowledgement of his greeting. Another new and interesting person to speak to, today was getting more and more exciting by the minute.

"I'm Piers, Piers Garetson. Roy mentioned when I first bumped into him that he had come from a tribe, I can tell the two of you must have known each other very well."

There was a small pause as Piers tried to figure out what else to say, he was never good with new introductions. Especially when they happened so suddenly. Misunderstanding Coran's jest, Piers decided to do what he always did and be helpful.

"I'm not a doctor, but if there's something bothering you right now I might be able to help. Healing is my semblance actually, amongst other things."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Impression [open]   First Impression [open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Impression [open]
Page 1 of 1