RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Non-Player Character Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JL

JL

Non-Player Character Rules Empty
PostSubject: Non-Player Character Rules   Non-Player Character Rules Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 10:01 am

I just glossed over the 2 main 'rules' topic and I realized that NPC rules were never addressed. I was wondering about things like these.

For example, I think it's to be widely accepted that certain NPC's can be controlled at will - like, for example, a shop owner that your character is interacting with, or a bunch of monsters that you are fighting. Of course, common sense needs to be used, otherwise it would end up being a load of confusion that simply wouldn't work and shouldn't happen.

But what of things like a character who, say, might be a mob boss of some kind, similar to Torchwick/Junior, who each had underlings under them who will be NPC's. On one hand, a private army isn't that cool. On the other hand, just from the episodes we can see that those who don't even reach Ruby's skill level can probably take on NPC Henchmen like that easily. Common sense would naturally dictate that there would be better henchmen for 'higher ranking' characters, who would in turn be leagues more capable, but I think there's a point where we should expect clearing through certain Henchmen won't be a peace of cake like how Yang handled the Nightclub girls (An example of not being a peace of cake would be Melanie and Miltia, who could qualify as NPC personal bodyguards who could fight, but RP well enough and you would still take them down [Realistically]) or RWBY handled the goons at the dust shop raid.

And then, what if you were running your own plot where somebody kinda did have an NPC "Army"? Would that be allowed, since you're running a plot that others are participating in?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Non-Player Character Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Player Character Rules   Non-Player Character Rules Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 12:34 pm

That is a good point. I'll get on those right away.

They should be out very soon as I have to make an announcement anyway today.

~Moved to an appropriate section, Thread Locked
Back to top Go down

Non-Player Character Rules
Page 1 of 1