RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Workshop

Go down 
+20
Shadowfox66
xthorgoldx
eyeblaster3
MrManix
Kellenredx
Amber
BillyD3Kidd
Skylight
JL
Shemskis
Haboo90
Sun Wukong
Metroidhunter
DrGustave
DatteSa
Frankenstein Joe
AkaiOtaku
Prinny
zhleader
Jetscream
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Kellenredx

Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:36 pm

Zwei still had a huge smile under his mask as he took Fortissimo back from Jet and took a quick look at the letters before speaking
"Thanks man I owe ya."
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:38 pm

"It's no trouble at all, I'm glad to help out." He said, a smile spread across his face.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:44 pm

"Just remember I don’t forget what people have done for me so if you ever need anything done im your guy"
Zwei paused
"we should hang out sometime"
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:51 pm

He chuckles a bit. "Sure, that would be fine. But as for right now, I've got a personal project I need to work on. Go practice with that, I'm sure you'll like it."
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:52 pm

"alright thanks again Jet"
and with that zwei leaves the workshop
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Jet sits down and starts working on his project. He pulls off his chest and back armor and lays them on the table, starting to disassemble the tops of them. "Hopefully this will work..."
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 2:47 am

IC:

Well, I guess that was that.

Turning back, I headed once again towards the 3D Model scanning machine. Placing my sword into the tube, I activated the machine, inputting the basic commands of what to scan, before pressing the confirmation button. Blue-white rays of light emitted out, rotating around my blade's exterior as it first made an outside scan of the model.

No problem.

Then it shifted scanning methods, the lights turning off. I knew the waves throughout the air were still there, but now, my eyes could no longer catch them.

48%....49%....

Error.

I sighed. It hadn't worked. I deleted the 3D model of the incomplete scan from the machine and then extracted Dual Victorize. As I waited for the mechanisms to finish, I turned, scanning the room with my eyes, and noticing Jet. I hadn't spoken with him since before I had become a student at Beacon.

After I extracted my sword from the sensors, I walked over towards him. I wasn't sure what he was doing....

So I just stood there.

With nothing to say.

This felt awkward.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:22 am

"What's up, need help with something?" Jet asked as he started welding some pieces of light blue metal together. He looked over at Lan, looking ridiculous in the welding goggles.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 am

IC:

"Um.....not much. What're you doing?" I stammered out, squinting as the dust powered welder's flames got brighter and brighter.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 6:35 am

"Well..." He stops welding and places another already worked piece of metal into the grooves of the other, sliding them back and forth. "I know it doesn't look like it, but I'm making a helmet. Got thwacked pretty good yesterday and I don't want that to happen again."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:50 am

Arthur enters the workshop, "Let's see if I can remember anything the old man taught me." As he goes to sit at one of the workbenches to sharpen some of the nooks out of the edge of his sword.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 am

IC:

Helmet? I frowned. "Sounds heavy. And annoying."

It was easy to tell from my tone that I disproved of a helmet. Obviously, not all helmets were heavy and annoying - if I stepped into Leonius' suit the suit itself would probably hold up the helmet for me, but just a helmet? One that sits on your head and, if you spin your head fast enough, the helmet would just stay in place and whack your nose?

Hate those things.

Not like you need them for riding a bike anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 2:10 pm

"Heh... It's not a regular helmet. I can assure you that." Jet keeps at his work, placing pieces together and bending others.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:06 pm

IC:

"Great. It's a strap-on."
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Jet stops working, the statement practically throwing a figurative wrench in the figurative gears in his head. "No... Lan... No it's not a strap-on."
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:37 pm

After a good half hour or so, Jet affixes the two new devices to the upper middle of his chest and back armor. He straps on the shining armor and pulls at the pieces to make sure they're properly on. He nods a goodbye to Lan and heads out of the workshop.
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:35 am

Straudd walks into the workshop, looking pleased with himself after finally finding it. He looks around, and sees a free workstation, which he walks over to. After sitting down and dragging over a toolbox and welding kit, Straudd realizes that he doesn't really have anything to work on. He looks at his equipment, and eventually pulls off one of his boots and sits it on the table, intent on doing something with it. He eventually decides to start by adding metal plating to the sides, and begins cutting strips of steel to size.
Back to top Go down
xthorgoldx

xthorgoldx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Alton sat, perplexed, at his work station.

"Lightweight enough to not impede motion, strong enough to resist blows, workable enough to be used in small and large parts... non-conductive."

Alton's problem was one of combat augmentation. Of all of Beacon's students, he seemed to be one of the few with almost no capacity for Aura or Dust-based combat techniques - the closest he had to either was integrated into the machinery on his back: Aura-based vital sign monitors and Dust-based motors. However, Alton had noticed that the other students - particularly those with the near-superhuman abilities he lacked - had consistently matched him in combat using nothing but sheer reaction time and agility, or by catching him from an unexpected angle. As a fragile speedster, Alton couldn't afford to be lacking in dexterity or situational awareness.

Diadem enhanced his body, Alton needed something for his mind - or senses, at least. He'd seen the pilots of the newest generation of fighter airships using head-mounted displays; information available in every direction with suggestions and calculations delivered by airship computer. Man and machine, working as one. He just had to find a way to make it work with Diadem.

Glancing around, Alton noticed one of the holo-TVs flicker into view as an announcement for the second round of initiates played. But, in flickering on, that announcement served as Alton's eureka moment. Grabbing a handful of electronics and prepping the casting machines, Alton set to work.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:47 pm

Jet walked in, the sounds of metal clinking together alerting him to the presence of someone in the workshop. He pushed open the ajar door to see Alton working on something. "Oh hey Alton." Jet said as he approached. "What're you working on?"
Back to top Go down
xthorgoldx

xthorgoldx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 am

Alton answered in a tranced monotone. "Combat Response and Dynamics System. CORD for short. Head-mounted reflex enhancer and situational awareness module. Links Diadem to holographic display for increased efficiency in navigation and targeting."

Alton flicked a switch, and a small wall of light flickered to light above a small glass bead the size of a button on Alton's desk, connected by gossamer wires to a jumble of circuits splayed around Alton's work station. "Excellent."
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 am

"Hm, sounds pretty handy." He puts Paladin into thrower form and sets it on a bench, pulling out some tools and taking a few panels off. "So can it just see in front of you or all around?"

((If it doesn't look like Garrus' eyepiece I'm going to be very disappointed in you.))
Back to top Go down
xthorgoldx

xthorgoldx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:50 am

((OOC: Combination, actually. Mix this and this. Right series, wrong character.))

"Still working out the kinks on sensor data, but it'll provide omnidirectional data. The eyepiece is a spectrum analyzer; I use smoke rounds but it wasn't until... recently that I thought of utilizing them more efficiently."
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:07 am

"Seems pretty solid... I coulda sworn... Hey, you have a socket wrench over there? I seem to have lost mine..." He said, rummaging through his bag of tools. "What spectrums does it do?"
Back to top Go down
xthorgoldx

xthorgoldx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Alton picked up a socket wrench and tossed it over his shoulder towards Jet, not even breaking pace on the circuit he was soldering. "Low infrared to high ultraviolet. High contrast and brightness modulation for the visible spectrum."

Alton gingerly coaxed the paper-thin plastic onto the transparent metal lens - glass would've been cheaper, but he didn't like the idea of his HUD taking a hit and sending razor sharp shards into his eye. With a few quick adjustments and a run under a UV baker, the lens was ready; while the majority of the interface would be a projected hologram, having a more durable (and less visible) hardware backup was a necessity. Plus it'd be convenient housing for the projectors.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 pm

"Thanks." Jet stuck the wrench behind a panel and started cranking it. After about 30 seconds the large lever on the side fell out and Jet pulled out a large, very thin and mailble dust circuit.
Back to top Go down
Shadowfox66

Shadowfox66

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Kyri walked into the Workshop and started to look around with a huge smile on her face. The entire place seemed to trump what she could remember about Signal's workshop. She saw a few others working on their own projects and she knew she had some time to kill before the initiation started. She took out Eurus before making her way over to an empty bench before slowly starting to take it apart.

"I just need a small adjustment." she whispered as she turned some of the small bolts in her weapon trying to make sure she didn't trip the springs. It didn't take her long to get into the inner workings of her weapon.

"There we go..." She tightened a few more bolts inside of her weapon and began to slowly put it back together. It really didn't take her long at all, and with the done she didn't need to worry about it until another fight off set her weapon again. Looking at her now fixed weapon satisfied with her own work she turned and left the workshop.

(Going to music room)
Back to top Go down
xthorgoldx

xthorgoldx

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:09 pm

"Well... she finished up fast." Alton noted as the newcomer entered the workshop, tweaked her weapon, and left. "And here I am, waiting to initialize BIOS on this thing."

The display flickered to life, its compact circuitry trying to make sense of the myriad of new information Alton's sensors were feeding it. Alton tapped the housing, which rested comfortably over his temple, more out of habit than belief it'd actually accomplish something. As the eyepiece powered up, Alton looked forward - in front of him, hovering maybe four feet from his face, were the words "CORD v0.98," with scrolling analytical data beneath. "Most excellent."

The eyepiece served a dual function of being a hard backup for the holographic systems and the projetor for the retinal holograms - rather than create a noticeably visible display, Alton had decided to project the image onto his eye directly. Glancing around, information on the room splayed out - doorways and walls were highlighted, a map of the area hovered in the corner of his vision, and above Jet appeared a "Jet Nadapil - JASZ" tag. All systems operational.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Workshop   Beacon Workshop - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Workshop
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next