RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dinte A. Darkspear

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:36 am

OOC: ((this messaged was edited out))

Last edited by Dinte A. Darkspear on Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:36 am

"Less about self-worth and more about how the world is..." Lí mutters as Callisto walks away. A moment later, he leans back in his chair, closing his eyes with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 am

"eventful . . ." watches as Callisto goes back to her booth then turns back to Li and sighs "so what has gotten you so down?"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 5:59 am

Lí gives a bitter chuckle in response, and says, "All the usual, really. I really should be more accustomed to it..."
Back to top Go down
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 am

"usual to you but unusual to me" he looks at her with a smile still
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:05 am

Yew looks at Dinte
"She clearly doesn't want to talk about it, and unless whatever it is would put us or her in danger, it doesn't matter whether we know or don't" She says.
"I'm sorry we've been such a pain, I really am!" Yew apologises to Li
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:07 am

"You mean 'he,'" Lí corrects, looking at the tall woman. "I don't believe I ever got your name, though."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:09 am

Yew tenses up.
A few seconds pass, and then...
"OohhmygoshI'msosorry! Please forgive my incompetence! I didn't mean any offence by it! ---"
Yew continues on yet another apologetic ramble
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:13 am

Lí holds up his hand, hoping to get her to stop her rambling. "It's fine. I know I'm hardly an example of masculinity. Still, I never did get your name."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:15 am

Yew takes a deep breath
"Sorry, my name is Yew. Yew Carwen."
She offers her hand to Li once again.
Back to top Go down
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 am

"sorry that I might be a bit pushy, but why do you hang around your past so much. Nothing good ever comes from lingering in the past. It only clouds what could be tomorrow"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:19 am

"A pleasure," Lí says as he shakes Yew's hand. "I'm sure you remember my name, though." Turning to Dinte, Lí pauses a moment to think on his answer. "Just as much as it's in the past, it follows me now, and will follow me well into the future."
Back to top Go down
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:22 am

"And what is it that follows you so vividly into the future, I can't understand the full situation unless i know what it is and I am sorry if I am being a bit straightforward"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 am

"Please just drop it. he doesn't want to talk about it, and I don't think any of us would enjoy a bad atmosphere while we eat our food and drink our drinks." Pleads Yew.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:49 am

Lí was thinking of his response to Dinte's query, but Yew's intervention spares him the necessity and he looks to her with gratitude. "Thank you. I agree, let's at least enjoy our meals with a pleasant atmosphere." He takes a moment to look around, wondering when the food would arrive.
Back to top Go down
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:59 am

Dinte lets out a sigh"very well then"He looks around as well as the waiter shows up and drops off our food and delivers the last bit to Callisio in her booth. He starts drinking his lemonade
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 am

Even with the dropped conversation, the atmosphere was still awkward.
"So, what's your story then, Dinte?" She asks, hoping to break the glacier.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:07 am

With the food having arrived, Lí gives it an appraising look before grinning. He takes the small lemon slice and squeezes it over the fish on the plate, giving it another layer of flavoring before he tucks in. After taking his first bite, he closes his eyes as he chews, grin still in place. "Delicious," he murmurs, before continuing to eat his food, albeit with an ear listening in on Yew and Dinte.
Back to top Go down
Dinte A. Darkspear

Dinte A. Darkspear

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:10 am

He turns and smiles to Yew "that is an excellent story for another time" he finishes his drink and puts the money for it on the table and stands upSadly I must part, it's getting late, but i leave you both with some words of advice. . . Yew, there is nothing to fear but fear itself and Li, people do care about you, just look across from you" With that he walks out the door of the bar and down the street
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 am

Yew looks dejectedly at her sandwich.
"Was that my fault?" She asks Li
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:16 am

Lí pauses from eating to watch Dinte leaving, puzzlement apparent the whole time. "I don't even know," he answers, looking back at Yew. "But I would say probably not." A few moments later, Dinte's words catch up to him, and he flushes slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. 'I hope I wasn't just set up...' Lí thinks.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 am

"Thanks" Says Yew
"Not many people choose to show kindness to me. I really appreciate it" Yew blushes a little
She picks bits of the crust off and eats them.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:24 am

"It's nothing, really. Just because the world may be a cruel place doesn't mean we have to be cruel people." Lí then turns back to his food, still paying attention to his dinner partner as he eats.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:30 am

"If only the rest of us came to the same conclusion" Yew says, now having stuffed a large amount of the sandwich into her mouth.
She swallows
"I've seen many people fall to their past before, but you're different from them. They all inflicted pain on others, believing it was equivalent exchange for the pain inflicted on them. Correct me if I'm wrong but you seem to turn it inwards, and use it as inspiration to keep yourself from inflicting pain on others, am I right?"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 am

"Close enough, I suppose. I had my life supplanted by a lie. I won't do the same to others," Lí explains, giving a small shrug as he finishes. "I suppose I could lash out, but that would only make my situation worse, really."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 am

Yew looks solemnly at her lap for a bit, before looking back up at Li with a forced smie
"I have a friend that could learn a thing or two from you" She says, and takes another large bite of her sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 am

"Indeed, much of the world's cruelty stems from the actions of others," Lí says, his voice becoming solemn. "I don't see the point in inflicting my harm upon others, either. My burdens are my own. Forcing others to carry them wouldn't be right."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next