RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:37 am

Yew looks solemnly at her lap for a bit, before looking back up at Li with a forced smie
"I have a friend that could learn a thing or two from you" She says, and takes another large bite of her sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 am

"Indeed, much of the world's cruelty stems from the actions of others," Lí says, his voice becoming solemn. "I don't see the point in inflicting my harm upon others, either. My burdens are my own. Forcing others to carry them wouldn't be right."
Back to top Go down
http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 am

"Forcing others? No. But sharing with those willing to aid? That's perfectly fine. Everyone needs a hand at some point or another, and I guess that just means we need to be ready to give it. That's partially why I appreciate the kindness of strangers so much. There was a time I needed a hand up, but no-one was willing to give it."
Yew gulps her pint of Cuko in one
"Good thing I don't drink, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 7:54 am

Lí shrugs at Yew's question. "I wouldn't have an issue if you did. Probably wouldn't still be sitting here, though."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:02 am

Yew takes another large bite of sandwich.
"How's your meal?" She asks, hoping it wasn't too bad a conversation starter.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 am

"Delicious, really. The lemon juice adds a good amount of sour flavor too it without being overpowering," he comments, his face set with a small, contented grin.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:14 am

Yew smiled, glad that Li was having a good time (or at least, was appearing to).
"It's a nice place, here. I might come again next time I have money to eat out." Yew says.
"You a regular here?"
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:18 am

Lí shakes his head in response, then adds, "I wouldn't be able to afford being a regular here. I do enjoy it here, though. It's nice to just be another fairly anonymous customer."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:24 am

Yew swallows another bite
"I take it that your financial position is about the same as mine, then?" She asks.
"If so, I have an idea that could help. Some government group is forming a band of 'Pirate Hunters'. I put my name down, and met up with others who were accepted. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere, but if you're interested, putting your name down can't help."
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 am

Lí tilts his head at Yew's idea, thinking about it for a few moments. "I could get behind that idea," he says. "What exactly would we be doing?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:34 am

"Exactly as the name implies. Hunting Pirates. Like I said, we met up, but nothing was really confirmed. I'm hoping we can get a job soon, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. But also like I said, if you put your name down, they accept you, and it actually takes off, it's a well paying job with guaranteed employment. So long as you don't die on a mission, of course..." She trails off and takes another large bite of sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:40 am

Lí puzzles over it for a few more moments before commenting, "Sounds like a lot of direct action." He takes a deep breath, then slowly lets it out. "Not exactly my ideal way of conducting combat, but I could definitely use the Lien. Where do I sign up?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 am

"At another pub. Here, I'll write down the address."
Yew grabs a napkin and a pen and scribbles the location onto it.
"Here you go. I hope to see you on the team!" She beams.

((OOC, I really meant what was said about it not taking off. The thread is in the Basket, and depending on how stuff plays out, it may not be worth asking the mods to pull it out. I'll link it in case of interest, but don't get your hopes up if you want to join.))
https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t377-the-great-huntress-inn-pirate-hunter-s-plotopen
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 3:41 pm

"Thank you. I appreciate it," Lí says, pocketing the napkin. "So, what's your story, if you don't mind my asking?" He looks at Yew with a childlike curiosity, due to her obviously knowing his name now, yet not judging him.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:15 pm

"Well... It's hard to explain. See, back when I was little, there was this guy I liked. I don't think we spoke much, because he was always a bit of a loner. The town we lived in, Thistledown, was prone to the odd bandit attack here and there, but one time they were REALLY aggressive."

Yew finishes her sandwich, and continues talking.

"They kidnapped the guy, and no-one else cared! Not even his parents! I decided that if no-one else would try to rescue him, I would. I spent the next few years training in combat, and then the next few years after that hunting bandits. I never found the group that kidnapped him, but apparently he escaped. I found him at a party I was going to, to look for information and such, and he'd turned into an absolute monster. I feel like it was my fault. While I was dicking around in my backyard, he had gone to hell and back." Yew starts tearing just a little.
"If I had gone after him even a month sooner, I might have found him before it was too late."
Yew sniffs and wipes her tears away
"Sorry. You probably weren't asking for a sob-story, and here I am crying in front of you."
Yew swirls the ice in her cup and downs it.
"Thanks again for showing me kindness through this. I must seem pathetic."
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:24 pm

"You're fine," Lí reassures her, waving his hand through the air as if to dismiss her claims of being pathetic. "Not like I was showing a better example earlier," he says, referring to the brief confrontation with Callisto.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Yew takes a calming breath.
"You know, you're a better person than you give yourself credit for."
Yew smiles sadly.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:34 pm

"Never said I was a bad person." Lí sets down his fork and pushes his empty plate toward the center of the table. "'Course, I'm not going to go about spouting my virtues, either."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:37 pm

"You never said you were a good person either. I wouldn't be talking to you if i didn't think you were at least a decent person. Not to brag, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of character."
Yew pushes her plate towards Li's, assuming that is what one does when they've finished a meal in a pub.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

With a shrug, Lí stands up and begins counting Lien to be left as a tip. "Thanks," he says, leaving the tip on the table before turning to leave. "I mean it."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Yew smiles to herself. She had helped someone today. Maybe not much, or maybe immeasurably, she would probably never find out.
Yew headed to the counter and thanked the employee again for the meal.
With a swish of her cloak, Yew turns around and walks out the door.
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Lí holds the door for Yew as she walks out, bowing his head slightly as the tall woman walks by. "Again, thank you for your company. It was a pleasure to hold civil conversation."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Yew gives an overdone bow to Li
"The pleasure was mine, good sir" She says, looking up at him with a grin.
"Perhaps we'll meet again someday. I look forward to it"
Yew gives Li an awkward hug.
"And thank you."
Back to top Go down
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion
Wei Tzu

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Lí flushes a deep red when Yew hugs him, and rubs the back of his neck awkwardly after she let's go. "Ah... Yeah..." he answers lamely, unsure of what else to say.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:42 pm

Yew jumps back suddenly
"Oh, sorry" She says, rubbing the back of her head.
"Well, I'd better be off. My roommate might be wondering where I am, and I don't want to worry her."
Yew turns around and runs off
"Thanks again!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]   A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Friendly Drink [Open] [Week 9 day 1]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4