RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you play 'time'?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JL

JL

How do you play 'time'? Empty
PostSubject: How do you play 'time'?   How do you play 'time'? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:42 pm

How do you play time - how is your character affected by time? Is there common sense in the application of time, or does your character go to sleep whenever you, as a player, go to sleep in real life?

For me, less than an hour has passed since he first arrived at Beacon. Still, a lot of interesting stuff did happen in there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
R3dder

R3dder

PostSubject: Re: How do you play 'time'?   How do you play 'time'? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 am

We aren't really sure how that's going to work out. For a lot of topics such as this, were using the "invisible hand" approach meaning we just let what ever happens happen.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: How do you play 'time'?   How do you play 'time'? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

i'd imagine the advancement of time would fall under the "plot" category. The plot needs X amount of time to pass, and thus it does. I'd imagine that time will advance slower within a given thread, due to them being microcosms on the site. (Even a large thread like the Lockerroom is just a small part of the events.) For the site as a whole, I'd imagine it'd be more sporatic, with some sudden leaps.

All-in-all, I play it fast and loose. I prefer threads with fewer people in them (as well as a posting order) since I have a 40 hour workweek, plus transit times, plus errands... so, I prefer a slower pace. Even when I fall behind in a large thread, I usually either play "catchup" with my next post, or silently leave, since my presence by that point is probably a non-issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you play 'time'?   How do you play 'time'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you play 'time'?
Page 1 of 1