RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sniffing a Trail [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Rory could barely hear anything Aeden was saying even if her faunus heritage enhanced the sense. His gray eyes seem to pierce through her and the smallest touch makes her as stiff as stone. Why does he have to be so cute?? Why did he pick me up?? Why did he make such a nasty remark earlier and is now being all gentlemanly? I gotta be careful but I can't even move!

Rory's face is still extremely red, but she manages to slip away from Aeden on the sofa and stiffly walks towards the table.

"I-I'm fine!" she says a little too loudly. "We-We should eat now..."

She nimbly sits down her her place and even if the strong scent of steak fills her nose, she's no longer hungry. She waits for him to sit down...
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:05 am

Aeden makes a sad face as he sees he sees Rory almost wobble her way to the table. I can't beleive she's acting tough. No I can't allow this to happen. If a young lady is sick she shouldn't have to force herself, she deserves to be pampered. Aeden walks over to Rory and gently pulls her chair out. Aeden picks her up once again as he did before and walks to where he assumes is the bath. "I'm sorry Rory. I can't see a lady act like this and just stand by. There is a change of plans. You are going to take a bath and then I will take you to your bedroom."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:11 am

"Wh-wh-where are you taking me!?" Rory says in panic. "B-b-b-bath! But I-I just showered this morning!?"

Rory's mind was racing. Usually, she handled things so well, but she was absolutely flustered as Aeden picked her up. She felt woozy. Breathless, perhaps. He's so forward... Rory thought, almost sure she was going to cry out of mortification. But instead, she her dizzy head found itself leaning on Aeden's chest as he carried her away.

"A-as you wish, sir," she muttered. "B-but that's all I'll let you do!"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 am

Aeden looks down and smiles at Rory. Aww she called me sir. She must be really getting into the princess idea. Aeden continued to carry Rory to the bathroom, once he reached he found his destination Aeden gently placed Rory on her feet. "Should mi lady need anything I will be right outside the door. When she is ready just call and I will come hither. Should you order it I will do anything you ask. Anything "
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 5:57 am

Rory closed the door a little too quickly and her weak legs trembled herself to the bathtub. What the heck is wrong with him!? was all Rory was thinking. She felt awkward about taking a shower with Aeden just outside. The idea made her blush furiously.

She put the hot water on full blast just to make sure he'd be deaf to any other sound. She finished as quickly as she could only to realize something.

"Oh, sweet liver steak!" she said as she reached for the towel rack. "The towel's not here..."

Despite herself, she began to shiver. She couldn't ask him to get the towel, could she? But she definitely wasn't waiting for him to try getting in to find out what was going on. She knocked on the door.

"A-Aeden...?" she stuttered. "Could you uh...please get me a towel and bathrobe?? They're..."

I wanna DIE! her head screamed.

"They're on the bed in my room!"

Each word made her want to bang her head into the mirror, but she steeled herself waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Oblivious to Rory's embarrasment Aeden moves closer to the door to answer Rory. "Of course anything for you." With a smile Aeden turns around and walks toward Rory's bedroom. Upon entering he immediately notices the towel and bathrobe, he picks up the items but his eyes begin to wander remembering he is in a 15 year old girl's room. "I don't think I've been in another girls room except for Vanille's." Aeden takes a quick glance around the room and notices a maid outfit. "What is this?" Aeden walks over to the outfit and picks it up. "Now that I think about it Rory didn't have any clean clothes when she went into the bath. She must have laid it out to change into later." Aeden adds the outfit to the towel and bathrobe and heads back to the bath. He heads back to the bathroom door and knocks. "Your garments are ready mi lady." Aeden holds the items outstretched toward the door when he hears a notification from his scroll. Aeden looks away from the door to check it twisting his body to reach into his back pocket. In that moment the door opens and Rory's hand grabs at the towel, pulling it toward her. In his distracted state the pull unbalances Aeden pulling him toward the door. His face hits the door leaving him groggy and pushing it open, with the clothes still in his hands a thought crosses his mind. A lady does not wear dirty clothes. Instead of putting his hands in front of him to stop his fall Aeden lifts them up trying to keep them away from the dirty floor. This however leaves his face to take the full force of the fall knocking him unconcious.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Rory was more than just surprised when Aeden fell into the bathroom. She had been holding up the shower curtain and was about to instinctively whack him with the plunger, but he had fallen flat on the floor unconscious. In his hands, he was holding her freshly pressed maid outfit. The first thing that came to her mind was that perhaps behind Aeden's chivalrous demeanor was an aggressive lolicon. But she then remembered that she had set the maid outfit out earlier because her shift was later tonight past twelve.

I'm honestly really scared now... Rory thought, still unable to speak. But she knew she needed to get Aeden off the floor. But hopefully this is all gonna fix out...

Swiftly putting on the maid outfit, despite every cell of her body twitching in revulsion, she carried Aeden to see that he was still knocked out. A red mark was forming on his forehead and it was going to leave a mark if she didn't get any ice on it.

Rory's bedroom was closer than the sofa, so Rory dragged Aeden across the small hallway and onto her water bed. For some reason, Rory could never stand spring mattresses. She always felt better when the bed moved with the curvature of her pine. She placed Aeden on it, which made the bed's surface wobble a little and took off his jacket. She then went to the kitchen to look for an ice pack.

"What, none!?" Rory said to her surprise. There were only frozen steaks. Her ears dropped and she took one of them and wrapped it in plastic. It was cold enough to ease the swelling.

She then went back to kneel next to Aeden and pressed the steak on his head.

"What have I gotten myself into?" she thought as she waited for Aeden to come to.

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:32 pm

After a few minutes Aeden began to respond to Rory's help and started to return to consciousness. Feeling that someone seemed to be nursing him Aeden instinctively smiled and spoke. "Thanks Lucina, you're the best." Aeden slowly opened his eyes hoping to see Lucina but found Rory instead. In his shock Aeden quicly moved away from Rory but was stopped by a shooting pain in his head. "Ugh my head's killing me. What happened?" Aeden looks over to Rory seeing her in maid outfit tilts his head in confusion. "Rory why are you wearing that outfit?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Rory's a bit startled Aeden is up and it makes her jump back a bit. She's able to recover however and blushes at the remark of her outfit. Her cheeks puff up indignantly.

"You're the one who gave me this thing!" Rory defended. And then, regretting it, "Oh, sorry. I should have been more specific about that. Anyways, when you handed me the towel you bumped your head pretty hard and it knocked you out."

Hopefully it knocked out that creepy part of you, too, she was saying in her mind.

But she was too concerned about Aeden's health at the moment. Like a little girl, she stroked his forehead, the bump having decreased in swelling.

"How are you feeling?" she said gently. Her wolf's tail wagged in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Aeden touches the bump on his head and winces a bit at the pain. "I feel like I just ran into a door so that seems about right. I'll be fine though." Aeden looks over at Rory and the outfit reminds him of something. "Well I brought because I thought its what you wear." Aeden has a hint of sadness as he remembers something from his past. "It also reminded me of my friend, she would wear that kind of outfit sometimes and you remind me of her." Aeden moves himself to a more comfortable position. "I'm sorry about the misunderstanding I should have just brought the towel and robe like you asked." Aeden looks down at Rory's hand and notices the frozen steak. He smiles at Rory in appreciation. "Thank you for helping me Rory. Its nice to have someone nurse you when you don't feel good."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Rory smiles brightly at Aeden and gives him a small hug.

"I should be the one thanking you for helping me today," Rory says brightly. "You've made today very special."

For a moment, Rory feels like she's going to cry. Her feelings are mixing and she can't tell which from which. First of all, Aeden had helped her track down where Liseran lived. That was as happy as any day could get, right? But at the same time, the fact that Liseran could die made her feel like shattering. For a girl her age, Rory felt like she was standing on thin ice. Ice that would crack if she stepped the wrong way. But Aeden being there made Rory feel like it was alright to skate. Someone was holding onto her. Without thinking, she lifted her head from the embrace and to Aeden's face. Her lips softly closed onto his but only for a millisecond.

"That's my thank you," she said as she let go. She then got up from the bed and smiled, as if the strangest thing had never happened. "Food's getting cold. You should eat up, Aeden. Or I can bring it here. But I'll have to leave for my next shift after this, though you're welcome to stay. I'm just going to warm it while you think on it."

With that, Rory leaves heart pounding.

What did I just do? she thinks.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 am

Aeden sat on the floor dumbfounded. He brought the tips of his index and middle fingers to his lips unsure if what he just experienced really happened. Rory...did she just? No...it couldn...but she did. Rory? Aeden's eyes grow wide in shock as he looks at Rory. With just a glance at her Aeden feels the blood rush to his face, his hands begin to shake as he tries to comprehend what just happened. Why did she do that? Aeden picks himself up but feels uneasy on his feet. He is unsure if its was the blow to the head, the shock from Rory's action, or his feeling of guilt after betraying Lucina. Aeden makes his way toward Rory uneasy about each step. "Rory. What was that?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:15 am

Rory felt a shiver run through her spine as Aeden speaks. A shadow crossed her face and she didn't turn to look at Aeden.

"Oh-oh, that?" she said nervously. "I--I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me. I..."

She felt herself bite her lip, a habit she shared with Liseran when nervous, and she began twiddling her thumbs.

"I didn't mean it," she lied. "I guess the news about Liseran...you know...dying...got to me."

She turned around to Aeden, smiling, though her eyes betrayed her.

"I hope you can forgive me..." Rory said. "I...I don't want to come between you and your fiancee."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 am

Aeden struggles to find a way to handle this situation. As he remembers the event of the day he recalls events which Rory may have misinterpreted through no fault of her own. Aeden comes to a frightening realization, without noticing he had been leading the girl along. They really are cousin. No matter what they say their eyes always tell the truth. With a sad smile on his face Aeden walks over to Rory and places his hand on her hand. "Rory the only one who needs to ask for forgiveness is me. I overstepped my bounds and acted too familiar with you, which might have come off as something else. I'm very sorry could you possibly forgive me?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:56 am

The small ache Rory had felt in her chest almost melted away immediately. She smiled brightly and nodded.

"How could I not forgive you?" Rory said as she went over to hug him. "You're such a good friend."

She inhaled more of Aeden's scent, trying to memorize it and familiarize it. She looked up to him with big eyes.

"This is another weird question," Rory said. "But can I call you Onii-chan?"

She waited eagerly for an answer. Yes, that what I want you to be, Rory thought. My big brother. That way I can love you without ruining what you have. And...without hurting myself.

Far off in the distance, the Vale Archives has finally retained some peace. The catastrophe of the Book of Pasts having been stolen had finally been accepted and they now resumed their normal life. Things were also very quiet since Liseran was no longer there to disturb them with her "visions". The Head Mistress Stay is at a writing desk, analyzing a past she hadn't looked at long ago: The past of Zephyr Veiller. She didn't know why she was looking at it now, but it seemed to have called out to her.

"Perhaps this will tell me where Liseran ran off to," she mumbled to herself.

As much as everyone disliked Liseran, they weren't just going to forget about her. She was still family, after all. It's only then that the mahogany doors burst open. Head Mistress Stay stands up and holds her long ivory staff.

"Who's there?" she demands. As she waits, the dark shadows show into the room's light. Stay's eyes widen. "What...what are you doing here?"

At the door is a young man with sand colored hair and green eyes. He is accompanied by two heavily armored guards, the crest of a dagger embossed on their chest plates.

"It's been so long, Head Mistress," the young man smiles. "After Zephry Veiller's death, I thought I'd never see this place again."

"What do you want, Zan?" Stay demands. "We have nothing for you. The deal was closed."

The young man raises an eyebrow and smirks.

"Are you sure?" Zan says. "Because I'm here to pick up my betrothed."

A cold sweat formed on Stay's forehead and she gripped her staff firmer.

"She's no longer here," she said as firmly as she could. "She's been missing for weeks."

Zan's expression remains unchanged.

"I'm sure that won't be for so long," Zan said. "After all, she
can see the future."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:09 am

A
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:21 am

Aeden gives Rory a small head rub with a smile. "Of course you can Rory. I would be honored if you called me your Onii-chan." Things are good now right? Aeden's eyes begin to wander and he finds himself staring out the window with a sad look despite Rory's happy mood. Lise, I don't plan on letting anything happen to you or Rory. We're going to help you get through this. He looks down at Rory and makes a huge smile. "Dinner sounds great right about now. Don't you think so?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:29 am

Rory bobs her head.

"Yes, of course!" she says perkily.

The table had been set earlier and Rory takes out the reheated steak. She sets out two servings for the both of them and pours them some refreshments as well.

"Once again,"
Rory says. "Dinner is served!"

With that, they eat and for a while they're undisturbed through the meal. It's only then that Rory's mind drifts back to Liseran and the Vixen's words.

"So..." Rory says, her mood now set into a more serious tone. "How do you think we should proceed with what we know? What bothers me the most is the riddle. I can't figure out what it means."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:03 am

Aeden taps the tips of his fingers on the table trying to think. "When the water gives birth to the moon's full child, and when time frowns upon the moment of that day...My requiem will begin." Wait only Lise said that last part, that Vixen person didn't say that part. I hope Rory doesn't notice. "All I can of is a specific body of water reflecting the full moon. The rest of it leaves me stumped." Aeden's fingers stops as he forces himself to bring up the subject that had been on his mind the whole day. "I need to at least talk to Cheshire about this. I trust him but at the same time a part of me doesn't."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 am

"But didn't Vixen say not to confront him?" Rory said, her eyes determined. "What if that's what triggers everything? You know how some futures work, right? We end up creating it ourselves?"

She sighs as she stirs the ice in her glass.

"That's what Uncle used to say, Liseran's father," Rory says. "He had the same semblance as she did, though he had more control of it, according to the Dormirse clan."

She puts down the glass.

"Onii-chan," Rory says. "You seem like Liseran's good friend. I think you should hear about her history. Do you want to?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:31 am

Aeden brings laces his fingers together and rests his chin on top as he thinks about Rory's offer. On one hand this could help us understand the riddle and help Lise. On the other hand I feel like I would be going behind her back to do so. Aeden remains silent for a moment has he thinks about his answer. Make the decision you won't regret. Aeden looks up from his thoughts and over to Rory. "Please tell me all you can."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:55 am

Rory nods and takes another sip of her drink.

"Where do I start..." Rory said. "Hm...okay. Liseran is from the Dormirse Clan. A group of family members, specifically women, who protect the Vale Archives. The Archives is a place where all of Vale's most important documents, papers, pieces and data are stored. They have a special semblance known as The Remembrance, which allows them to look into the pasts of certain objects or people. Liseran's mother, Rose, was Head Mistress twenty years ago. She fell in love with a graduate of Beacon Academy, a Huntsman named Zephyr Veiller.

"They got married and Rose eventually would give birth to Liseran. Liseran was pre-mature and the fatality of the delivery resulted in Rose's death and almost Liseran's as well. She made it, however, and Zephyr promised the Dormirse clan to be her guardian within the Archives, leaving his life as a Huntsman. On Liseran's fifth birthday, however, Zephyr left because he foresaw danger. People were after him, namely a group from outside of Vale, known as the Fares. The Fares ruled its region politically and would covertly gain power by pulling undercover crimes. Assassinations. Extortion. Taking hold of large resource companies. They believed Zephyr's semblance could do this for them.

"He escaped to his homeland, though, and stayed there hoping no one would track his daughter. When my village was raided by Grimm, I came into the care of his brother. I became his apprentice after that and he told me all about Liseran. Liseran is the only one in the Dormirse Clan to not have the Remembrance semblance and it made her an outcast. He feared her semblance would attract attention someday. And one day he had a vision and had to leave home. He was found dead in the woods. No one knows if it's by his own hands or someone else's, but I believe it's the latter.

"When I went to attend at Signal, I found his letter. I went to the Archives, having gained special permission from her father, but I found out she had run away. The day she did, someone had stolen an important book and they thought it was her. I don't believe it thought."

She let out an exhale and then looked at Aeden thoughtfully.

"So, as you can see," Rory said. "Liseran has every reason to be in trouble at the moment. Though I don't know how Cheshire would fit in all this..."

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:05 pm

Aeden looks away from Rory trying to hide the sadness in his eyes. He had suspected that things weren't very good for Lise back home but he did not she had been accused of a crime and had to leave. Aeden tried to take in all this information and makes some sense out of the riddle and what Vixen had told them. In his thoughts he made sure to keep Cheshire an everpresent variable. How does Cheshire fit into this? Why should we not tell him. Lise trusts him so much he could help us...wait a minute. "No...no that can't be it." Aeden runs the thoughts through his head over and over again trying to find some other explanation but can't seem to think of anything. Holding his face in his hands Aeden stops gives up thinking not being able to come up with another explanation. "Rory, I think I understand how Cheshire fits into all of this."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Rory's eyes widen and her ears begin to twitch in alertness. She slams down her glass.

"Really!?" she yelps. "How!?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Aeden tries to keep as serious a face as possible and he begins to speak. "I think Cheshire is the one who stole the book and is getting close to Lise to make sure she never finds out or if she does to keep her...quiet." Aeden removes his hands from his face and takes a deep breath. "Cheshire has the ability and is getting close to Lise. We were told to not let Cheshire know about this. I think its because if he knows we know he'll attack Lise when she is her most vulnerable and when we can't help her. I didn't want to think about it but no matter how I thought about it, I couldn't find another way for this to make sense."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Rory's eyes begin to tremble and she slouches in her chair.

"Are you really sure?" Rory said. "Would Cheshire really do that?"

She pinches her chin for a while and nods.

"So...that means he's been planning this all along..." Rory said. "And that this whole relationship of theirs...is a farce."

Rory stands up to walk over to Aeden and shake him.

"Onii-chan!" Rory said. "You're a genius!But why would he want such a book?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 pm

"Wait wait wait Rory. This is still just an idea and him needing the book is something I never figured out. I'm not even sure why I said that. It's just, Vixen said that Cheshire would be the reason Lise dies. I don't even know why I'm believing her. I just feel so confused about the whole thing." Aeden begins to get frustrated and closes his eyes to try to calm himself. "I'm sorry Rory in the end I couldn't come up with an idea I have confidence in."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniffing a Trail [Closed]   Sniffing a Trail [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sniffing a Trail [Closed]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next