RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)

Go down 
4 posters

Would you play a stat-based D&D style RWBY game? This could possibly be used as a game system here on the website.
Yes
RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_lcap68%RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_rcap
 68% [ 15 ]
No
RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_lcap9%RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Maybe
RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_lcap23%RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Empty
PostSubject: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 6:37 am

Hi all! After finding this website, the idea of making a game system in the RWBY universe has been floating around my head and I wanted to see if anyone else would be interested if I decided to go through with the project.

Here's the reddit post: HERE

UPDATE (9/15/13):
The responses seem to be overwhelmingly positive! And further, I have people messaging me that want to join in on the project. I'm trying to get a team together and have the ball rolling by the end of the month.

Send me a PM here or on reddit if you're also interested.

Last edited by Nitzlplix on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:01 am

I've got an idea for a Shadowrun modification that might be interesting...

Though instead of d20's, we'd have buckets-o-dice.
Back to top Go down
Dante

Dante

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:47 pm

It'd be a big undertaking to adapt it to a tabletop setting. Vox might be onto something with Shadowrun, though, as its nature would require a lot less adaptation. Shadowrun 3rd Edition has dice pools that you can choose to draw from, which could be an Aura mechanic.

Whatever system, I might be able to lend a hand or at least offer my opinions on an undertaking. I have a lot more experience with d20 systems, but I've fiddled around in various others in the past 8 years.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 8:57 pm

I was gonna do Shadowrun 4e simply because Ozpin's screen when he was watching the teams in Beacon Forest is OH MY GOD AUGMENTED REALITY WIRELESS MATRIX SCREW YOU DECKERS I could scream.

Also, because I'm most well versed with the 4e rules.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:28 am

I was also thinking of using a Shadowrun base, but someone on reddit brought up that it is a bit to kill-ey for something like RWBY. What's more, I keep seeing suggestions for FATE, which is something I'm unfamiliar with. I'm going to look more into it, but if what the people are saying is true, it could be an appropriate system; at least for the bare bones. There are also other suggestions that keep popping up, so I'm going to do a little more research with systems I'm not familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Altering the rules for Edge will probably help the lethality problem, with saving your character from death being a spending thing rather than having to burn a point.
Back to top Go down
ReturnerZero

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:19 pm

I'm interested, you guys start already?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)   RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RWBY-Style RPG (D&D/Tabletop Style)
Page 1 of 1