RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:13 pm

As Rayden got rid of the unconscious captain, Mirai rested her head on the wall, trying to stay awake. When Rayden returned, Mirai would straighten up her position, her eyes very close to falling shut, and she'd say with clenched teeth:

"Do you understand now...?" she said with sad eyes. "Being around me will only be trouble. If you're a knight dedicated to all good, then if anything, you should execute me."

She said this as she looked at Chevalier's blade and clutching her throat.

"I am the Monstre Charmant," she said more seriously, her eyes looking straight at him. "An evil person hiding under a beautiful surface. A trick of the light. A lure. I have no heart and I've tried warning you to take get your head straight before you'd come to know this."

She clutched her fists as she said this, turning away for a short second before looking at him again.

"But you wouldn't leave," she said softly. Something that almost looked like tears in her eyes glistened in the light. "Would you really stay with someone like me? Be friends with someone like me? A devil disguised as an angel in daylight? You've chased me until now and you found me three times. And I...don't want to run away anymore. I want to know."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 pm

Rayden stared at Mirai contemplating his answer. Forgive me master, I must break one of your rules and bring harm to a lady. Rayden kneeled down and stretched his hand toward Mirai with an emotionless expression.  As he moved forward he was only inches away from her when he suddenly flicked her forehead. "Mila...Mirai why would you even ask that?" Though he was not used to such an act Rayden instinctively reached out and hugged Mirai bring her in for a soft embrace. "Mirai I already told you I would be your friend and seeing such a thing only makes me want to protect you that much more. Whatever you may be called I know through first hand experience you are kindness incarnate." Releasing her from his hug Rayden placed his hand over his heart and made a small smile toward Mirai. "I would ask thou again milady. If thou would have me I would gladly be thine shield and more importantly thine friend."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:56 pm

As Rayden had drawn closer to her, she had been ready to accept the worst such as him striking her or something. What she got instead was a sharp flick to the head. Mirai's eyes widened. As she touched her forehead in shock, he embraced her. It was such a strange sensation, Mirai didn't know how to describe it. The soft way his arms crossed over her, the warmth of being pressed closed to him. She felt like a child in the arms of a loving parent. She closed her eyes as he spoke in that embrace, the smallest tear tracing down her cheek, trying to understand what was taking place.

When Rayden let go, she was surprised to see him smile and it only made more tears fall down her eyes...tears she wasn't afraid of hiding. One of her hands came to them as she wiped the tears off, smiling at Rayden warmly.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" she said letting out a small laugh. And then, leaning forward, she took one of his hands and clasped them in her own.

"Very well..." she said softly answering his offer.

The two remained silent for a while, just kneeling their as Mirai held Rayden's hands in hers. Finally, Mirai spoke again.

"Rayden..." she said softly. "Can you do one more thing for me?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:02 pm

Rayden had been enjoying the warmth of Mirai's hand when she broke the silence between them. Rayden's small smile transformed to a wide grin upon hearing Mirai speak. With his face still full of a smile he titled his head down a bit and answered, "For you milady I would do anything."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:29 pm

"Let me see your forehead," she said bluntly.

She moved forward and flicked it sharply, hoping Rayden would wince in pain. She crossed her arms and stroked her own forehead.

"That hurt," she said sharply before letting off her usual rueful smile. "Well, that's taken care of. I can only assume what to do now that the captain's out and the guard's on the ship might be after our heads."

"That won't be happening," a strong voice came from the door.

Mirai stood up hastily and saw another man in another captain's suit and Wanyu next to him. He looked much younger than Captain Faust, probably only in his twenties with his brown hair and gray eyes. Wanyu, next to him, rushed over to Mirai.

"Little Miss, are you hurt?" Wanyu said worriedly. "I'm so sorry. I should have never left your side, even if you said you wanted to be alo-"

"It's okay," Mirai reassured. "Rayden did a spectacular job of saving me."

She turned over to the other gentleman present in the room.

"So, who in Remnant are you?"

The man bowed.

"I am the second-in-command on this ship, you can simply call me Allen," he explained. "I will be honest that I had no idea of knowing about the captain's plan until some strange men came on board. I was fortunate that some of Vytal's authorities are with us on board and they're interrogating the Captain right now."

"We still have the bomb to worry about, but I doubt he'll have it detonated while we're on board," Allen said. "I'm really sorry about all this, Lady Cinq. A second boat l will be here by evening to take everyone as the distance is quite far, but we've contacted your grandfather and they're sending a private vessel for you as we speak. I should arrive in a few minutes. You're, apparently, the one in most danger at the mome-"

"I'm not leaving the ship," Mirai said sharply. Everyone looked at her in surprised.

"But," Wanyu said. "Little Mi--"

"I'm not," she said firmly. "I'm not sure about any of you, but I call this an opportunity for me to stave off my boredom. The bomb's somewhere on this ship, right? It'll kill all time until evening for me to go around looking for it."

"Are you insane!?" Allen said. "Miss Cinq, we may have apprehended most of Captain Faust's men but there may still be some more on board who will likely harm you. I've had everyone else remain in their quarters as is!"

"I'm not insane," Mirai said as she began fanning herself. "I'm bored. And besides, I have two very capable guards. Just let me do what I can. Remember, sir, you are in desperate lack of help at the moment."

Allen was about to speak again, but he submitted into a bow. "Just be careful."

Mirai turned to Rayden and held his hand warmly.

"You'll help me, won't you?"

Last edited by vide1993 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:55 pm

The warmth of Mirai's hand seemed to channel confidence directly into Rayden, he felt as if he could take on the world if she were at his side. He made a confident smile as Mirai asked her question and placed his hand over his chest. "Worry not milady this shield shall accompany thee to the ends of the earth." Rayden turned to face the new Captain. "Sir, I give you my word that no harm will come to Lay Cinq and we shall find the bomb post haste."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 12:29 am

Allen nodded.

"I hope so," Allen said. "Anyhow, for safety purposes, we're having everyone gather in the dining hall. Lunch is going to be served briefly as well. Let me lead you there. I'm sure the events that have unfolded have left you famished."

Mirai said nothing but nodded, her hand not leaving Rayden's as Allen lead the way ahead of them. It wasn't soon until Mirai, Rayden and Wanyu came to the place they had been just a few hours ago.

It's funny because it felt like ages ago, she thought to herself.

She, Rayden and Wanyu were seated down. There were more tables now and it was much more crowded since nobles and their assistants alike sat at the same tables now. It didn't change the service though and they were soon served a large lunch including gourmet ribs, duck la orange, ratatouille and other things. Mirai had ordered a glass of wine and as she held it up to the air, she spoke.

"It doesn't make sense," she told Rayden. "If Captain Faust was going through the trouble of getting a ransom for every single noble on board, then why did he personally have to apprehend me?"

She was tapping her fork on the table, not really hungry.

"Say, Rayden. This is a strange question for a time like this, but how exactly did you sneak on board?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:24 am

Rayden averted his eyes from Mirai feeling the shame of his past actions come back to haunt him, try as he could to avoid Mirai's gaze he could not avoid the voice of his master's teachings. 'Always and everywhere be right and good against evil and injustice' To have to resort to such a dishonorable act as being a stowaway, Sir Knight would be cursing me from his grave. After a few moments of not answering Rayden felt it would be rude to remain silent on the batter and faced Mirai. "I posed as a suit of amour. Many of the nobles brought with them eccentric items, I merely pretended to be one such item and snuck out of my armour when nary an eye was upon me. It should still be where I left it milady" 
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 6:54 am

Mirai stared at him for a while blinking three times. She then covered her mouth with her fan and tried to stop herself from snickering, but she ended up letting out a delighted peal of laughter. She looked at him, her shoulders shaking, trying to keep still.

"Really?" she said trying not to laugh. "That's...that's ridiculous!"

She continued to laugh, Wanyu himself smiling and shaking his head, not in disapproval, but in disbelief that such a plan had worked. When Mirai could finally stop she looked at him more seriously.

"Well, worry not, you'll need not do that anymore," she said. "But anyways, that would mean at the very least they put you in the storage section of the ship right. Did you notice anything strange?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 3:13 am

Rayden brings up his hand to his chin and closes his eyes as he tries to remember what he saw during his time in the cargo. "It may not have been odd for a normal vessel but for a luxury one such as this it was quite different than I had expected. The cargo was quite full of crates. On a sea faring vessel such crates would have been used for storing food and supplies but on a journey as short as this I have nary an idea what they would need so many for. Other than that milady I cannot say I saw much else." Rayden reached down to his cup of tea that he had been enjoying and finished it with one gulp trying to parch his throat.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:28 am

Mirai bit into a pasty that had been laid down and chewed it thoughtfully.

"Very observant of you," Mirai nodded as she tapped on the table. "It'd be nice if we could investigate that."

Her eyes sharpened.

"What indeed could they be for?"
she patted her mouth with a napkin and turned to Rayden. "Rayden, I'm going to be honest. I don't trust a single person on this ship save for you and Wanyu. It is true Mr. Allen stated we are in capable hands, but there are inconsistencies..."

Mirai waved out her fan again and pressed it against her face, a habit of hers when she was thinking or trying to deduct something.

"But I don't have enough to work on yet..." Mirai said. "We have two reasons to go down to the storage room. One to investigate those crates and two, to get your armor. You're going to need it."

With that, they finished eating and they were the first to walk out the door. They were stopped briefly by men with police badges on them.

"I'm Mirabella Cinq, I have special permission from Captain Allen to roam where I please," she said. The police moved sidewards as Mirai narrowed her eyes. Wanyu stayed close to one side while she held Rayden's hand firmly by the other. "Let's hurry..." she whispered.

Leading them down a path used by the ship helpers, they made it down to the storage room, the sound of footsteps following them. They reached the storage doors which was strangely opened. But Mirai tugged on Rayden and pulled him to the side where a window was while directing Wanyu to keep guard. Mirai lifted up her skirt.

"Lift me up there," she said to Rayden
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 8:46 am

Unsure of Mirai's actions but not wanting to disobey an order Rayden reluctantly lifted her up to where she asked. "Please be careful milady." Rayden turned to Wanyu for a moment. "The same to you Lord Wanyu." As he finished putting Mirai into place Rayden walked through the open doors and promptly began heading for his armour making sure to stick to the shadows still feeling like a stowaway. Remembering exactly where he had left his armour Rayden headed straight for that direction but took a long while as he tried to keep an eye on Mirai. Why did milady go through the window?
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Mirai had been lifted with ease and she was hiding behind the crates. She was surprised that Rayden didn't follow suit, but then it made sense that he wouldn't have been able to fit through the window as she did...even with a full dress. She had her reasons for going through the window, but she wouldn't explain them until later. She stuck behind crate after crate, listening to see if any guards were there, which there weren't. She finally found Rayden and tugged on him.

"It looks like you've found your armor," she said. "Now, why not open one of those crates for me?"

She pointed to the one behind her which was about her height and thrice her width.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 am

"Of course, milady. One moments as I prepare myself If I may." Without waiting for Mirai's objection Rayden quickly stripped down to his underwear and walked over to his armour. He then donned his armour with the speed of someone who had practiced doing so for years, he conisdered keeping his helm off as the room was dark enough without having his vision obscured but could not bring himself to be at he's finest when he would need to protect Mirai. With his armour now fully on Rayden, moved over to his loaned clothes and folded them neatly before placing them in a corner near Mirai. "Done. On to the next task milady." Rayden stood in front of the box and placed his hands on the lid. With one quick motion Rayden removed the lid but from the way he had opened it left the lid blocking his view of what was inside. "Milady, tis there anything of interest?"

Last edited by AkaiOtaku on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:55 am

When Rayden came out wearing his armor, Mirai looked a bit surprised. In her head, all she could think of was how he looked different. No, not just merely in the physical sense. When Mirai had first met Rayden, he had come off to her as a clueless, naive peasant who didn't know what he was doing and was honestly didn't look like he could defend anyone anytime soon. But looking at Rayden in his armor, Mirai felt different. His face covered with his helm, the slits for his eyes seemed to speak determination for his own. His stance was confident, ready for whatever might come their way. He looked like someone who really could protect her.

"So, this is what you really look like," Mirai said with a satisfied smile. "It actually suits you pretty well. Ha ha, now I'm playing with puns."

When Rayden opened the crate, Mirai had him lift her up. There was nothing but hay. Mirai used Rosemary, her parasol weapon, to poke around and see if anything else was in there, but there was none.

"Let's try some others randomly."

She had Rayden remove crates from different parts of the storage area, but they all held hay. She pressed her fingers against her cheek.

"Well, it would be too easy if the crates were filled with C4, now wouldn't they?" she said. It's only then that she hears footsteps. As she and Rayden swiftly turn around, three figures come from the corner. They were the men in black suits, the same ones that had tried to kidnap Mirai just earlier that day. They took out their guns.

"Stay where you are," they said.

Mirai held Rosemary tightly.

"Well," Mirai said to Rayden as she made her stance. "Ready to show me what you can do at last?"

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:36 am

With his armour finally back on, Rayden felt like himself again. Rayden kept his gaze fixed on the three figures as he stepped in front of Mirai. "It would be an honor milady." Rayden cocked his left arm releasing Sistete and drew Chevalier. With the quick press of the square button Chevalier extended outward and he dug it into the ground at his side. "Milady, if you would please use Chevalier as your shield while I take care of the problem." At this point the attackers had become hostile and prepared to firing at Rayden. Sensing things could easily get out of hand Rayden charged toward them with his shield on his arm and Obiettivo on his back.  As he charged toward them the men began to fire out Rayden but their bullets were easily deflected by Sistete, and Rayden was able to reach them unscathed.  From the stranger's perspective all they saw was an unstoppable shield race toward them getting bigger and bigger with each moment until it was it was nearly touching them. The first of Rayden's victims was the attacker in the middle, as Rayden approached his opponent he would swing Sistete outward hitting the man with its full force. Using the momentum of the swing Rayden would make a complete turn bringing his right hand as a hook toward his opponent to his right. This would leave two of the guards stunned but not out and one still capable of firing at him. Rayden released his shield and forced it between himself and the other two guards to his left in order to protect himself. Knowing he did not have long Rayden focused back on his the attacker he gave the right hook, with him still in a groggy state Rayden grabbed him by the shoulder and sweeped his legs causing him to fall down but for a guaranteed knockout Rayden would increase the rate at which he fell by striking down with his elbow on the man's chest. With one attacker down and another two behind his shield likely now capable of firing back, Rayden quickly turned back toward his shield and tackled it using the full weight of his body to plow it forward. With the two men on the other side of his shield Rayden would push them toward the wall, smashing them against it. As he felt the the attackers hit the wall Rayden darted to the right and unslung Obiettivo. With a second to aim Rayden fired a tranquilizer dart to the neck of one of the attackers and proceeded to flip the gun around. The final attacker turned to face Rayden his gun pointed at Rayden's face. When the attacker turned he would expect to find the face of a surprised knight but would instead be greeted by the butt of Obiettivo as it struck him across the face rendering the final assailant unconscious.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:45 am

Mirai held Chevalier awkwardly, knowing her Rosemary was a shield itself, but she didn't even bother moving. Rayden had charged forward and attacked. As she watched closely, she noticed that despite his armor, he had moved swiftly, his reaction time letting him quickly move around and dodge the attacks and counterattack in turn. The guards were done quick enough and by the time Rayden returned to Mirai, her arms were crossed.

"Well, you sure fight like you're going to Beacon," Mirai said with a smirk. "I guess I can count on you after all."

She took Rayden by the wrist, her gloved hand closing over the plating of his hand. They heard more commotion outside as two more suited men were tossed against the crates. Wanyu came inside, his sais armed on each side.

"Little Miss," Wanyu said. "These men were trying to trail you."

"I know," Mirai said. "Which is why I had Rayden come aside and push me through the window. Once they left for a bit, Rayden went through the door, they heard the commotion, and came around. Of course, you handled things as expected."

Wanyu nodded.

"How do we handle them?" Wanyu asked.

"You don't need to," Allen's voice came from the distance. Allen appeared from the stairs to the upper dock, coming down with more authorities. "We'll handle it from here."

"I see," Mirai said. "Any news from Captain Faust?"

"None of yet," Allen said. "Perhaps it would be better for Ms. Cinq to stay in her room? These men look like the same people who tried to kidnap you earlier."

"I guess I can retire for now," Mirai said. "The storage room showed me nothing useful about the bomb. Good day, Mr. Allen. Oh, and please do tell me when I can speak with the Captain."

Later on, Mirai was back in her room with Rayden and Wanyu, Wanyu serving tea as Mirai tried to reflect on things.

"I'm stumped," she said after putting her cup down. "I don't have enough to work with. And I'm bored again."

She finally lifted her face and turned to Rayden.

"Do you dance?"

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Before Mirai had talked to Rayden he was waiting patiently for her to solve the problem which had presented itself before her not wanting to appear rude he removed his helm and melded it back with his armour exposing his face. Upon hearing Mirai's question Rayden was visibly shocked not expecting this kind of question.  At first Rayden considered stammering out some sort of excuse of how he could never do such a thing based on their difference in class but once again the words of his master rang through his head. 'A knight dost not deny a lady's request.' Rayden took a step forward toward Mirai but a thought suddenly popped into his head. You fool! Why would a lady as noble as Mirai want to dance with you? Rayden's cheeks suddenly turned a bright red at his jumping of conclusions. She must have meant for me to dance for her entertainment...though I am no jester I have a debt to repay. With his cheeks still slightly rosy, Rayden walked in front of Mirai and bowed deeply. "Milady I am not quite familiar with the dances of a jester but I will do my utmost best in order to entertain thee."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:15 pm

Mirai's face was strangely blank of expression. She rested back in the armchair, crossing her arms and legs, then smirking.

"Wanyu..." Mirai said. "Teach Rayden the festival dance".

Wanyu looked at Mirai, flustered, but swiftly bowed his head.

"Okay, young man, you'll have to follow my directions."

He pointed it out to Rayden, the stiff movements, the arm raising, and it took the two more than twenty minutes to be able to do it in synchronicity due to Rayden's armor and Wanyu's obvious embarrassment. As Mirai watched, her face showed no expression, but there was the tiniest curve at the corners of her mouth and her eyes looked at them as if she was enjoying seeing them suffer. Mirai yawned after they did their 20th take.

"Little Miss, if I may suggest?" Wanyu said as he sighed.

"Yes?"

"Why not we teach Master Rayden to ballroom dance? The ball, I assume, will go on. Due to the protests of the guests earlier."

Upon hearing this Mirai's eyes widened and she puffed her cheeks, their tint turning rosier and rosier. She darted her eyes and sighed.

"I guess he'll have to play the part, so he'll have to learn."

With that Mirai stood up and looked at Rayden, crossing her arms.

"Well? Don't tell me you were taught nothing. You're supposed to come up to me."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:36 pm

After going through numerous routines with Wanyu Rayden was glad to have a change of pace. "Tis true milady, my master neglected to show me the art of dance...but I took it upon myself to learn a skill I felt was necessary for a knight." Rayden took Mirai's hand in his and placed his other hand on the small of her back, he pulled her in slightly closer. Though she was considerably shorter than he was, Rayden still managed to find the right level for them to be comfortable. "If I may have this dance, milady."

Leading Mirai along Rayden moved around the room with an elegance that was almost unthinkable while wearing a suit of armour. The pair glided across the floor and pushed the limit of how close they could get to objects without hitting them. Though Rayden had a confident look on his face thanks to his practice of the dance, there was a noticeable blush in his cheeks that he tried to hide. Every so often Rayden would catch himself looking down and staring at Mira. Dancing with a beautiful girl is much different than a broom. I have to do my best. After a few more minutes of dancing Rayden came to a gentle stop and removed his hand from Mirai's back while still holding her hand with his other. He gave a deep bow, "Thank you for the dance, milady."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Mirai hadn't just been impressed, she had been surprised. Rayden had swiftly glided her through the room without making a single misstep. Without hitting furniture. Without stepping on her toes. Wanyu had been clapping a simple rhythm but Mirai could feel the sound of music in her ears as they stepped and lifted in synchronicity.

She couldn't see Rayden's eyes anymore with the helm in the way, but at the same time she was relieved about that. She had a strange feeling that if she looked at him now, it would be unnerving. When he had finished, he was still holding her hand and bowing. There was something about the bow that felt familiar. Actually, the entire dance seemed like de ja vu. Even if Rayden had been in a thick suit of armor, was definitely taller and looked like no one from her childhood, her mind came back to a small room in the house where she and a boy who was still her height at that time was.

I may not be rich, but I know how to dance, the boy had told her. And with a maid nearby clapping the rhythm like Wanyu had, they had also danced. He held her hand and also bowed.

Thank you for the dance, Mira, he said using the nickname she no longer dared use.

Mirai woke from her little black out and stared at Rayden blankly, her cheeks slightly rosy. She crossed her arms and closed her eyes.

"It'll do," she said proudly. She stiffly walked back to her chair, her knees suddenly feeling wobbly from the dance. "Your 'master' did well in teaching you that. Now that you mentioned it...is he the person you learned everything from? You seem to have high regard for him when you spoke his name."

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Rayden removed his helm, after having the heat from so much movement start to make it stuffy. He averted his eyes from Mirai as he remembered his master's final moments. "Yes milady, my master was a man deserving the utmost respect. I do not believe I will ever meet another deserving of the honor with which I which I speak of him." Rayden drew Chevalier and stared at it while he talked. "He is the reason I am who I am. Every bit of my being was influenced by him and until my debt is repaid, I will continue to live in his stead."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Mirai nodded her head and closed her eyes.

"You're a good man, Rayden," Mirai said as she finally sat up from her chair. "I've never seen anyone who puts someone in a place of high reverence. Not only that, you're candid. Even if you are a stowaway, everything you've said has always been the truth. You never masked your intentions and you always humble yourself. Do you have any idea how hard that is to find in a person?"

Mirai was staring at a blank wall, her fan covering the half of her face.

"I think your master would be proud of you," Mirai said.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Listening to Mirai's kind words felt almost like a dagger to his heart. Mirai you are mistaken. Rayden remembers the look in his master's face as he breathed his last breath, the sideways glances from the villagers as he walked by, the guilt he felt ever since that day. Rayden shudders at his memories and Mirai's opinion of him. "I'm sorry milady but you think too highly of me." Rayden sheathed Chevalier and made his way to the door, not being able to bear the weight of her kind words. "I shall stand guard outside. Excuse me."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 2:13 am

Rayden walked out but Mirai did nothing to stop him. Obviously the subject of his master made him uncomfortable. She also decided that she could use the time alone to think.

"Wanyu, stay outside with him," Mirai said. "I'm going to take a nap."

"As you wish, Little Miss."

Wanyu left Mirai in piece as she stretched. Wanyu exited and next to Rayden.

"You've been very persevering," Wanyu remarked as he closed the door behind him. "I've seen men begging and offering thousand of things to Little Miss, but none of which have done the same as you. Tell me, what suddenly stirred you to want to serve Lady Mirai?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:47 pm

Rayden remained silent despite Wanyu's question, he never much cared for speaking but the current situation almost completely put him off it. As much as Rayden would have preferred to ignore the question he knew he couldn't be so rude to someone like Wanyu. "My apologies Lord Wanyu, this isn't a subject I have very much experience with." Rayden stared at the wall as if there were something actually there as he spoke. "My desire to serve her stems from my feeling that she deserves it. I do not mean that she was born with an inherent privilege but instead that she has earned such a thing." Rayden looks down at his hands and clenches them into fists as if he were ready to fight something. "There are times when she speaks and it is not the voice of a young lady, it is the voice of someone who has suffered greatly in such a short period of time. I will not ask what she has been through as it is not my place but I often have the feeling she has been through a number of great tragedies in her life and I am suddenly filled with the desire to protect her from further tragedy. I want to be her shield, not only in battle but for her heart as well. I wish for her to never have to experience such pain again in her life, I want to bear the burden that would normally be forced on her and let her experience the carefree life she is entitled too." Rayden turns to face Wanyu. "As her friend it pains me to see her suffer and I could be wrong but Lord Wanyu she has paid her debt does she not deserve rest?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Wanyu listened patiently before smiling.

"How fortunate of Little Miss," Wanyu thought. "You seem like a sincere boy. Yes, she's suffered a lot and I believe she deserves the carefree life you want her to have."

His eyebrows furrowed and he paused for a while.

"However...she thinks she has a debt that will take more than a lifetime..." Wanyu said. "I will be frank. You have stepped on thin ice. You're crossing of paths with Little Miss is not an easy trial. And it is a very dangerous one at that. You know nothing of her yet. Just make sure you can live up to your words."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]   The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dahlia Enlists a Knight [Closed]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next