RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One More for the Books [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DrGustave
DrGustave

One More for the Books [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Malina sat on the sofa inside of the moving RV looking down at her scroll. "Hmm.." She let out an audible sigh as she flipped through the bounties listed. "List's running dry. We've been stuck with just Ursa for a while now, you know." She said almost absentmindedly to her 'driver' Vega. She looked through the bounties and news pieces. clicking on the most recent story she began to read a piece on dust application and fuel capabilities. Not something of great interest to her although it stayed away the boredom of the drive. The same boring road leading to the same boring bounty post with the same boring bounty master. It almost seemed as though Malina's life had fallen into something of a routine in the past week fallowing what had happened to her and Byron's 'Wonderland'. She didn't feel any need to worry however, come New Year's everything would reset.  "Say Vega, you never did tell Muzen nor I much about your home other than the war. I know I said we were okay again but is there anything else I should know? Anything that could come back to hurt you or the rest of us?" She asked, finally looking up from the news article and toward the drivers area.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Keeping his eyes on the road Vega answers Malina. "Your'e not normally the type to ask that." Vega's grip on the wheel tightens as his memories of his old profession fill his mind. In a monotone voice Vega continues his answer. "The chances of that are there but too slim to worry about." In a lower volume Vega adds. "If I did my job right and they're all dead." Noticing the bounty post just slightly down the road Vega feels relief as the attention is no longer on his past. After a few more moments of driving Vega stops the RV at the post and unbuckles his seat belt. "I would ask you the same but it appears he have arrived."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Malina stood up as the RV came to a stop. Manticore flowed freely behind her as she stood up and put her scroll down on the sofa. "I may be making myself into a hypocrite but prying too deep into unwanted past never end up well." She said as she opened the door and put one foot outside before pausing and looking back at Vega. "...As for anyone coming for me...no one cared enough for me back home to send anyone. Don't worry." She said before exiting the vehicle and closing the door. She looked up to the blue sky. "No clouds today. They always said that was a good thing, don't they..." She said to herself as she made her way to the Bounty Master's booth and placing the Ursa's boney mask down into the wooden slot. "Bounty placed on a mother Ursa by Kristal Barrok to be paid in tradition Lien." she said, almost as if she were a robot before waiting fr her payment to be sent back down the slot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Fionn walked in through the door of the gloomy place and stood behind Malina with an unconscious man on his shoulder waiting for her to finish her transaction  
He began whistling

Last edited by snaketicus on Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:38 pm

"Mhmm..This is from the Forever Fall then?" A gruff voice from inside the shack. "It's a mother Ursa. Where else do you expect? Vale lake?" Malina responded with a tone of annoyance. "Of course Forever Fall." She said with crossed arms, becoming increasingly annoyed by the unending whistling behind her. "Alright lass, no need to be angry about it..." He said as the lien was sent back down the tube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 pm

"Wow you killed a mother ursa?" Fionn said with his signature smile
"You must be pretty strong"
"Hell i don't usually deal with Grimm myself" Fionn said shrugging his left shoulder slightly to put emphasis on the man laying on it
"Infact i usually just take the jobs that are stuff like cheating husband or bank robber, good pay little wear"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:59 pm

"You waste your time with petty people when the authorities are well capable of taking out such threats?" She said after turning around, frowning at man behind her after pocketing the lien given to her. "Then again, judging from the look of you, you wouldn't be able to take out a single beowolf. Perhaps taking petty crimes is better for everyone." She said as she pushed her way past him and made her way back toward the RV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 pm

"Hey you don't have to be so mean about it, i just prefer easier targets"
"If you think i'm so weak then why not see for yourself?" Fionn said with a slightly agravated voice, what did he do to her?
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:19 pm

Malina stopped short on her way to the RV. "By saying you prefer easier targets you're just validating what I said about you being too weak to handle real threats. You wouldn't stand a chance against a Huntress with three years of training, kid." She said as she put her hand on the handle of her weapon as Mantciore swayed menacingly behind her as she said so. "From your sword I'd say you're main fighting capabilities are in close range combat. I have guns with dust coated bullets even if you got close you would be in worse condition than when you started." Manticore flicked once behind Malina as she spoke. "Now if you were to make it to close combat I have two multiform weapons for blocking and evading while I can poison you with one slice of Manticore." Malina turned her head back to the man just enough to meet his eyes. "Now tell me, are you going to be stupid enough to try that?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:34 pm

"Let me ask you one thing" Fionn said putting his hand on oberursels handle
"Is your tail electricly powered?"
Before Milana had time to answer Fionn unsheathed Oberursel and shot a beam of energy at Manticore
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:49 pm

Manticore shot forward into the beam with the tip of tip of its stinger, sending the current through the tail and sending a quick jolt into Malina's body. After a small moment and gaining control of her her arm back she reached down to both of her weapons and fired three explosives shots, two to either side of the man and one toward his chest. Behind her, Manticore's chamber cycled through to its paralyzing poison as it poised itself above Malina's shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Fionn saw the beam connect and wasted no time in getting a head start jumping to the side of her in to the dark street, he was better when he had time to think after all.  
As he began to come up with a plan he noticed he was now flying into a building, he noticed he was now standing up from hitting a building  
"Your aim could use some improvement" Fionn said as he began to charge oberursels blade with the oh so familiar blue flames of lightning
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Malina took several steps out of the direction of thew RV so the currents wouldn't hit the vehicle when the boy fired. "You know, with an electrical current as weak as that, I would expect the same amount of weapon skill from a toddler. So I suppose it fits." She says with the frown still etched across her face. "So tell me, is your sword play as sloppy as your weapon?" She asked before shifting her right weapon into its close range mode and firing two ice shots toward the boy's feet. She then switched her right weapon to close range and dashed toward the boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 pm

Fionn had been ready too zap the woman with a current ten times stronger then the previous one.  
And then the ice hit.  
Fionn had been anticipating something like this and quickly used the stored energy to smash through it and reclaim his ability to move, and just in time to block the incoming attack and do a quick roll backwards into a large puddle  
"You know, i'm really starting too enjoy your company" He said as he prepared for his counter, and then he noticed what he was standing in, "Game over" he thought as the plan was secured in his head

Last edited by snaketicus on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:23 pm

As Malina approached Fionn she suddenly brought both of her weapons against the ground and pulled both triggers, firing off propulsion rounds and send her into the air. As she reached a sufficient height, she pointer her right weapon to the air and her left to her right and pulled the triggers, firing off two more propulsion rounds and sending her in top-like spin downward toward Fionn with Summer's Blaze extended to either side of her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:26 pm

Everything was going according to plan, Fionn quickly jumped out of the puddle as Malina fell where he had been (But not without taking a few good scratches from her blades), he stabbed oberursel into the edge of the pool, and pulled the trigger
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Malina looked down at the puddle Fionn stood in and had dodge out of the way of. She was too close to change her course now but once she lands...As Malina hits the ground and the puddle she quickly raises her right weapon toward Fionn's blade and pulled the trigger, firing off a propulsion round and sending her flying backward. As she shoots away from the water, a trail of water sticking to her by nothing more than surface send the electrical current into her foot, causing it to spasm while in the air. She landed several meters away. After regaining her posture she looked up at the smiling buffoon.l Someone needed to put him in his place. "Alright then. No more easy play then?" She said after reloading her weapons with only propulsion dust rounds. She pointed the weapons behind her and fired off two rounds, sending her speeding through the air toward Fionn. As she approached the man she put her right foot forward and kicked upward off of his blade and over the mans head. As she soared over him, Manticore arced across in a slashing motion toward his shoulder. She landed several meters behind him and stabbed Manticore into the ground causing her to spin around so that she was again facing him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:06 am

Fionn grabbed onto his shoulder in pain at the feeling of the poison entering his body  
"Hmm, this isn't killing poison, am i correct?" he asked  
"I definitely am, a woman with a scorpion tail would definitely make a faster killer then this" He said as he began too charge oberursel  
"A word of advice, sedatives don't work on me" He said beginning to lose his signature grin as he bluffed  
"Poison does though" He said returning to the grin, he had to figure out a plan fast and he knew it, he was thankful that he had atleast not underestimated her, he did however see that she was beginning to learn his downfalls as he had hers, it was a good thing she seemed less like the type to study an opponent, and thats when he noticed her shaking leg  
Fionn dashed forward to the side that wasn't hobbled and swung his blade, knowing she would try to dodge from that side
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:27 am

Malina weapons still pointed toward the ground as Fionn dashed forward. They pointed still as he came within striking range. Only when his strike began was it Malina pulled the triggers of her weapons and shot up into the air above Fionn. As she looked down at the man she adjusted her weapons into the position they had taken the last time she was in the air. She fire off two shots each this time, sending her downward at a blinding speed and spinning twice as fast. Manticore had wrapped itself around her waist as to not reduce any speed as she sped toward Fionn. As she reached the man one of her weapons swung out toward the handle of the sword, just above his hand, and the other toward the uncut shoulder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:30 am

Fionn did the only thing he could think too, he put oberursel over his head blade side up and electrified it  
"If you want to land on me so much then do it!" he yelled out to the woman whose violence he was almost finding endearing
The hits connected and fionn managed to get further down the alley with his now slightly more damaged shoulders, but he still knew what he was going too do, and he was sticking by it
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 am

Malina stood several meters away from the man once again. The frown on her face had curled into a smile. Not the kind of smile seen across the face of a child on his birthday or on the face of a bride on her wedding day. It was a dark and mischievous smile. she brought around her weapons behind her once again after reloading them and fired off two rounds each at a downward angle, sending he soaring slightly above Fionn's head once again. This time, however, Manticore stayed wrapped around Malina's waist as she passed over head on onto the other side, Once behind Fionn she brought her weapons forward and sent tow more blasts, this time sending her sending her slightly to the side of Fionn. As she passes by him Manticore shoots shootsout fom her waist and wraps itself around the man's sword, using as a counter weight. As the sword tugs on Manticore she flicks the tail to the side, turning her around mid air while keeping most of her momentum. Manticore quickly releases itself from the sword. Malina, now moving toward the man's chest, brings her feet out in front of her and slammed into his chest. Taking the moment of contact to bring her weapons in front of her again she pulls the triggers and shoots away. While in the air she brings one of the guns down and to the side before pulling the trigger, sending her against a wall. Using her feet to bounce off and upward over Fionn she is once again just behind him. She then fires of a single round to top her momentum then points both weapons upward, firing off two rounds to send her down toward Fionn. She adjusts her weapons to to positioned to slam into both of his shoulders upon contact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:20 am

Fionn had had enough, he began to glow blue slightly  
He noticed the woman behind himself, and quickly charged his blade and jumped away whilst throwing an electric bolt at her
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Malina slammed both of her weapons down onto the concrete, cracking the ground inward. She lifted her head up just in time for the electrical burst to glaze past her cheek, sending a current into her once again. She quickly lifted her hand up to her cheek until the feeling subsided. She slowly stood up and looked toward the boy. He was quick enough to realize her attack from behind. Time for something more offensive. She emptied her left weapon of rounds and reloaded it with ice-dust applied rounds before pointing her right weapon behind her and fired off two rounds, sending her into a slide toward Fionn. As she passed underneath the man's legs Manticore stuck itself into the ground, causing her to rise up and back toward the back of Fionn's head. As she she launched her foot toward the back of the mans head she swung her weapon toward his side while simultaneously pulling the trigger, firing an ice dust round toward his right arm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Fionn's grunted loudly in pain as everything below his right elbow froze, but he managed to avoid the kick in time and sent his own leg flying towards the woman
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:12 pm

Malina brings the weapon in her right hand and brings it downward and pulls the trigger, but not before a kick collides with her gut, knocking the wind out of her lungs. She flies up into the air and above one of the lower rooftops before pointing the weapon directly in front of her and pulling the trigger, sending her backward and landing on top of the building. She took a moment to regain her breath before lifting herself up and reloading Summer's Blaze, filling her left with explosive rounds and her right with propulsion rounds. 'Alright. He's fast enough to pull a kick immediately after and attack. Underestimated my intelligence so let's us that.' She thought as she finished reloading and walked over toward the edge of the rooftop. She peeked over enough to see Fionn and fired three explosive rounds toward his chest before ducking back, moving toward the center of the rooftop and pointing her right weapon to the right of her and left weapon to the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One More for the Books [Closed]   One More for the Books [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One More for the Books [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next