RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Strings Meet [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
AkaiOtaku

When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 am

Any hint of a smile faded from Vega's face he looked away from Shiki and stared out the window. His thoughts moved to Itzapa and how she kept popping into his head more and more as his time with Shiki increased. "We...we had another teammate, a girl. She didn't make it out of a mission some time ago. Ashelynne was a transfer student, we had a spot on our team, and she filled it." Vega removed his glasses and looked into them seeing his own reflection. Upon noticing the terrible look his face he forced himself to revert to his calm expression and turned to Shiki. "But I'm not sure that's something you would want to hear about."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 am

Shiki looked at Vega, her face slightly saddening before returning back to its normal blank expression.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Shiki said sincerely. "It must have been hard. I would like to hear more, but I will not press you on the matter if it is something you don't want to talk about."

Shiki knew that much. She had her own pains but she would rather keep them to herself and forgotten. Perhaps Vega felt the same way.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 am

"It's alright, it has been some time and death is something I'm already acquainted with." Vega stopped for a second, he almost let out information about his past. He knew he would have to start being more careful. "Her name was Itzapa, she was my partner during Initiation and we were very close. She's the one who taught me how to open up to people. She taught me that you have to relax a little bit in life, lately I'd forgotten that but I'm starting to remember." Vega's face was no longer expressionless, it was filled with bitter sweet expression, of a man remembering a better time. "I owe a lot to her; so many happy moments, so many worrying nights, and so many lost experiences. She's actually the one who showed me the is place and we would come here quite often. Clarisse didn't show up for a week when she heard the news." Vega felt a cold sensation run down his cheek and wiped away a tear hoping Shiki didn't see it. "I'm terribly sorry. I made I shouldn't have said something so sad during a date. Let's forget it happened." Vega turned back to his food which had gotten slightly cold but ate anyway mostly to forget what he just said.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:22 am

Shiki sat as she quietly listened, her hands now folded perfectly across her lap. Once Vega was done, one of her hands left her lap and reached into her pocket before taking out a white handkerchief embroidered with daisies. She leaned over the table and patted the wet spot left behind by the tear Vega shed.

"You have nothing to apologize for," Shiki said softly as she looked at him, a rare empathy seen in her eyes. "That you could share something as important and personal as that is meaningful. I am sure it is something people would only do if they were really close or would trust one another."

She leaned back into her seat as she put the handkerchief away and then placed her hand over Vega's affectionately. With that, her eyes brightened a bit and she smiled a very small but sincere smile. "Thank you for sharing that with me. I hope I can offer you all that I can, the same way that girl did before for you."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 am

Vega's hand grasped Shiki's, it felt so small yet so comforting. Vega removed his glasses and rubbed his eyes a bit with his free hand. "Thank you Shiki. I wouldn't ask for anything more." As he finished speaking Clarisse appeared from out of nowhere and greeted the couple. "I hope you two lovebirds enjoyed the food. Can I get you anything else?" Clarisse bent over and looked at Vega and noticed that he had been crying a bit. "Vega?! Did she dump you already?" Clarisse reached over to Shiki and gave her an almost begging look. "Honey please don't leave him I know he's a dense fool who don't know people well but he's a sweet heart." Clarisse moved to the side of the booth and sat down next to Shiki. "Besides between you and me I don't think he could find another girl even if he tried." Vega pinched the bridge of the nose, his embarrassment about crying now gone. "Clarisse I am right here and I can hear your. We didn't break up." Vega reached into his coat and checked his pocket watch. "The hours are passing by and we don't have time for your shenanigans." Vega stood from the table and lead Shiki toward the door but stopped in front of it. "Tell Pete the food was delicious and it was nice seeing you both." He pushed on the door and headed outside making sure to not let go of Shiki's hand.

From in the kitchen a voice could be heard. "You know you spoil him too much, he's not a kid." Clarisse looked out the window and watched as the couple went on their way. "I know, I just worry about him. He needed a good kick in the pants. He missed his chance with Itzy...and I didn't want him to do it again."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:40 pm

As Shiki was led out the door, she pondered a bit, but then decided to continue along with the walk. Finally she stopped walking and looked at Vega.

"Do you know the Canterbury tales?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:50 pm

Vega had calmed down from his huff with Clarrise and nearly all the red was gone from his face except the small color at the top of his cheeks. He turned to Shiki with a look of intrigue. "I have heard of them but not in detail. I take it they are interesting?" While the two walked Vega thought about where they could go next. He spotted a nice park not too far ahead and directed their movement toward that direction.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 am

Shiki remained silent as they walked for a moment before continuing.

"It's one of the most popular collection of folk tales," Shiki said. "Deep with lessons and symbolism. Even if it seemed to be meant for children, adults can learn a lot from it. It also has some certain...goals..."

She paused again as she fiddled with the ring on her finger.

"A group of people are traveling together and eventually on the way, a story contest is held and each person tells a story," Shiki said. "Chaucer made it in that manner. Each character is different from one another and have their own tales. Also...their own versions of truths. And there is only one truth. Versions are mistruths. But which is right, you suppose? And who won the contest? Behind the tales is something quite grim. Grim, indeed. That only the author would know.

"These story tellers...these pilgrims...they are after me."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Vega turns to Shiki with a look of confusion. "What do you mean they're after you?" Vega stopped walking feeling that there was much more to this that he felt the desire to know. "These people are just part of a story. How could it relate to you?" Vega then thought about how much he knew about Shiki and remembered she was still practically a stranger to him, but he still felt concerned about her.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:08 am

Shiki stopped walking and looked up at Vega gravely.

"Don't you know that stories are based on reality? Shiki said. "And that reality is based on stories?"

It was only then that a woman in what looked like a nun's habit began walking towards them and humming. Shiki's eyes narrowed and she moved up to walk along with Vega again.

"My, my, what a wonderful day," the nun said softly. "What a lovely day for love."

As passed by, she seemed to trip over a rock and was falling towards Shiki before pulling out a dagger to stab at her.

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 am

Thanks to Vega eyes, as the woman fell she seemed to move in slow motion to Vega giving him ample time to react. At such a close range Vega would hardly need to move in order to manipulate his wires the way he wanted. With the wires from one hand Vega wrapped the knife up rendering it useless as a weapon and pulling it from the nun's hands as an added measure to protect Shiki. With his other hand Vega pulled the woman's hands to her chest and wrapped her up to prevent her from attacking through some other method. Vega also pulled her away from Shiki so she wouldn't fall on her. "My, my it is a wonderful day. I would hate for you to ruin it." Vega took a step forward and put himself in between Shiki and the nun. "Now that didn't seem like an accident. Care to explain why you attacked my...girlfriend?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

The nun looked at Vega with a dazed expression, her gray eyes turning wide and somewhat hysterical.

"What are you talking about?" she said grinning widely. "I'm just here to enjoy the scenery."

"I doubt that," Shiki said plainly. "Who exactly are you?"

She didn't seem at all thwarted by the fact that someone had tried to stab her. The nun woman let out a disbelieving laugh.

"Would you like to hear a story?" she said with a bittersweet smile. "There was once a little boy who believed in the good of Remnant and, so, he would sing sweetly about the goodness of the creators. As he passed by a faunas village, the Evil One told the faunas to attack the boy. The boy died, but when he was found, he was singing and it was a miracle. The Good One had placed a dust grain in his mouth to make him sing. When the dust grain was removed, he died for good. This is the miracles of the Good One and the good in the world..."

The nun turned to Shiki. "That Fish has no regards for the good. Does he, Little Bear?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 12:16 am

Vega grew quickly irritated and tightened the wires around the women to a degree where it would be painful but not damaging. "I've never very much had the patience for puzzles and riddles but I will not stand for this. You dare attack my girlfriend and proceed to spout nonsense?" Vega tightened the wires a fraction more and looked at the women in her eyes with a calm expression. "Answer me, why did you attack her."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 1:12 am

The nun woman immediately yelped as the wires tightened, but she followed with a hysterical laugh. Shiki looked at the woman plainly.

"That's the Prioress' tale..." Shiki said with a narrow eye. "But you're not her, are you? The Prioress wouldn't dirty her hands that easily."

The nun laughed again. "Yes, yes, of course I am not. Heavenly hands such as hers do not deserve to touch unclean animals, yes?"

The nun eyed Vega. "Let me go, sir, or you shall regret it."

Shiki turned to Vega. "Vega...do as she says."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

The nun's words made Vega want to draw his blade but chose to follow Shiki's words instead. Vega loosened the wires wrapping the nun but made sure to keep the knife secured and away from her reach. Vega gave the woman a look of suspicion and kept his hand close to his blade as he asked her, "There I let you go. Now answer me, why did you attack her?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 pm

The nun smiled widely, but definitely not in a benevolent manner.

"Not for you to know..." The nun said. "Worry not...all will be saved eventually. That is what the Prioress promises....to all!"

She grabbed something from her pocket and slammed it on the ground before letting off a bright flash. When Shiki and Vega would look again, the nun woman was gone.

"That wasn't very nun-like, now was it?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:48 am

Vega keeps a watch out for any other enemies but after a quick scan with his semblance the couple appear to be safe for the moment. "No it wasn't but it was very confusing." Vega grabs hold of Vega's shoulder making sure not to hurt her and looks in her eyes. "Shiki please tell me what she was talking about. She attacked you and said things I didn't understand. I want to help you but I need to have at least an idea of what is going on."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 am

"As I said," Shiki muttered as she looked in all directions to see if anyone else was around. "People are after me. People like her, exactly. And they want something I don't even have. It is funny, but I should have thought about it before deciding on our little research. I could put you in great danger."

Shiki sidestepped and turned to look at Vega with a dead serious eye. "Would you like to cancel our little experiment?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:09 am

Vega looked down at his feet, thinking about Shiki's offer out. For a few seconds Vega simply looked down not speaking but his hands slowly became fists tightening and tightening until he spoke. "My entire life I suffered to do what was needed even if it meant getting my hands dirty. I did things I will never forget because it was what had to be done." Vega looks up at Shiki with a serious expression that rivaled her own while a few of his wires slowly creeped from their spool. "I did those things because I had to but I don't have to be with you Shiki. I WANT to be with you. It's time I did something that I wanted to do not something that I had to do." Vega takes Shiki's hand in his and brings it up to eye level. At this level Shiki would be able to see a small number of wires wrapped around both Shiki and Vega's pinky fingers and a line of wires connecting them. "Besides I couldn't leave if I tried." Vega makes a soft smile at Shiki and leans in close, to a point where there lips were nearly touching. "We are already tied by the string of fate."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:21 am

Shiki looked at him, her face still blank and yet her eyes seemed to soften.

"Very well," Shiki said plainly as she took both of Vega's hands. "I'll just have to make sure to protect you."

She leaned over to kiss him lightly as the a drizzle started once again. She pulled away, smiling ever so slightly. "Perhaps we should get going. The rain's a mischievous thing. Not that I dislike it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Strings Meet [Closed]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4